I get tired of hearing all 30 of Biggies songs

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
126 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-20-2008, 11:04 PM         #41
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PaperBoy688 said:
I wish dude had a better work ethic when it came to making music. I don't care how many classic songs dude had, you can only take so much of hearing the same things before you get sick of it. I dont even listen to them anymore, but I end up hearing them somewhere and just end up being bored.

You can only remix them so many times also. I expect alot of hate but dudes catalog is too shallow.

*looks at your avy*

406 Montana's Goon Squad...

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Last edited by GhostDigga; 12-20-2008 at 11:06 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #42
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,935 | Props total: 1531 1531
 BMT123 said:
i said he got k!lled cause of his music career........ did i say who k!lled him... when...where....how...why....

if he wasnt in the music industry... he wouldnt have gotten into the situation he did... soooo he wouldnt have been k!lled that night...

stop trying to catch ppl on sh*t they say and contribute to the thread u fu*king loser...
You don't know that at all.

Your just making a bunch of blind a.ssumptions.
 9 years ago '08        #43
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 IInvented said:
yo crackhead? first u fu*king put bullsh*t on Pac and u fu*king sh*tting on Biggie? it shows how much u fu*king know bout hip hop! go listen to fu*king gayne and souldiers boy and quit fu*king complaining.
bi*ch types like a bi*ch
 9 years ago '06        #44
_Dre_ 
space
space
space
$330 | Props total: 11 11
The thing is, at that point in the industry it wasn't a necessity to flood the market with music, because records sold easy, plus there was no internet to speak of.

Also, for all the talk of Pac's crazy discography, a lot of that stuff was posthumously released, and most of it doesn't compare with his best work.

Wayne and Pac spread themselves thin with a lot of filler tracks, I'd rather go on a Biggie kick and listen to straight classics then have to sift through hundreds of tracks to find what you want. If anything, when it comes to great work Pac and Big might be closer songwise than you think.

Plus, there's really no reason to listen to BIG like everyday, you'd get bored listening to anybody everyday.
 9 years ago '08        #45
ShakeyDog 
space
space
space
$381 | Props total: 88 88
On one hand you can question biggies work ethic I cant front and say I never have I would have enjoyed more music from biggie. But I would never question if he is not at least top 10 tho (top 5 for me) ..Big was flat out dope.

Here is 30mins of almost any rapper you can think of with him rhymes in their mouth.

9 years ago '08        #46
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,023 | Props total: 5085 5085
 PaperBoy688 said:
I wish dude had a better work ethic when it came to making music. I don't care how many classic songs dude had, you can only take so much of hearing the same things before you get sick of it. I dont even listen to them anymore, but I end up hearing them somewhere and just end up being bored.

You can only remix them so many times also. I expect alot of hate but dudes catalog is too shallow.

:bsflag:
 9 years ago '05        #47
BMT123 
space
space
space
$763 | Props total: 0 0
 kakish said:
You don't know that at all.

Your just making a bunch of blind a.ssumptions.
show me my "bunch of blind a.ssumptions".... all i said was that his music career cost him his life... thats the truth... and if yall cant see that then yall dumb a.ss fu*k...
 9 years ago '05        #48
BMT123 
space
space
space
 Supa Mario 910 said:
So you have to be in the music industry to get shot while in your car? You're stupider than I thought.
what? does this guy speak english?? cause i wrote it as simple as possible for him... out of everything i wrote, thats what he interpreted....

ok.. i'm gonna make it extra simple for supamario:

listen dude, stop trying so hard, no one here knows what happened that night, all i was saying is that he got k!lled cause he was in the music industry. if he wasnt in the music industry, i doubt he would've been riding around cali blasting music, if he wasnt in the music industry, he wouldnt have beefed with tupac, if he wasnt in the music industry, his k!ller probably wouldnt even know his name...

and please dont keep saying i dont know sh*t about the situation.... neither do u, so u going around saying "u dont know"..."u dont know" just makes u look like a a.ss hole... no one here said they knew what happened, so ur trying to discredit ppl who arent saying anything...
 9 years ago '05        #49
BMT123 
space
space
space
btw, i love how ppl sh*t on how small biggie's catalog is, when dudes like eminem only got four albums, only two of which are great, the other two are subpar, so he has about as many classic tracks as biggie does... so maybe we should be having this discussion about eminem??????????????

so should we question em's work ethic???

HELL NO!!!

music is art, art doesnt just happen... if it takes time to make good art, then let the artist do what he do, just like em, if em would die today, would ppl call him lazy cause he aint drop an album in 4-5 years??? let me guess what the em stans are gonna say, "em's not lazy, he just wasnt in his zone to make hip hop no more"... blah blah blah, bullsh*t, if em gets a pass, then biggie gets a pass... yall some hypocrites...
 9 years ago '04        #50
TheProtege9020 54 heat pts54
space
space
$5,482 | Props total: 870 870
Nah, I feel what this dude is saying. I would get tired of listening to the same tracks for 10+ years. Im not saying Biggie wasn't good, but you can only listen to the same stuff for so long.
 9 years ago '04        #51
Scoop24 15 heat pts15
space
space
$6,793 | Props total: 1366 1366
you need to cop a MR.Cee mixtape BIG got alot more than 30 tracks
 12-21-2008, 11:04 AM         #52
Bumboklaat  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
word only the young n*ggas have no clue about how amazing biggie was.
 12-21-2008, 11:17 AM         #53
Born Leader  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Biggie Smalls was wack and overrated. He had about 50 songs. fu*k outta here. In that time span that he lived, he could've dropped 4-5 albums. He was lazy. Funk Flex is the only one who bumps Biggie in NY nowadays. Big ain't last no test of time. He ain't no where near Jay, Nas, 2Pac, Scarface, or even Eminem's league.
 12-21-2008, 11:27 AM         #54
Brandon919  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngvito18 said:
up till the day he died Biggie had rhyme books......so he did write, he remebered what he wrote and then when in the booth later, he didnt come up with it off the top of his head it was already there
For the most part you right, but i remember when 10 crack commandments aired on Hot 97 and BIG was on the radio, Angie blatantly asked him did he freestyle that track and he said yeah. I'll never forget that day because i found it amazing somebody can go in there and just zone out on a beat. He said it took him 1 take to lay that track down.

As far as biggie being the best, when Life After death dropped that summer EVERYONE outside in harlem was blasting that Cd ALL DAY fu*kING LONG. I was around the age of 7 and i use to sit out there with everyone on the block listening to Notorious Thugs. So to NYC, BIG was the GOAT, THE GOD, THE GREATEST and thru the biggie era its been proven all over period.

And if hes not, and very "overrated" then who was hotter than him back in that time period? Only person i could think of is Big L buddy so ya'll can relax with that sh*t. If he wasnt the best out then who was?
 9 years ago '05        #55
lyrical.obsessi 
space
space
space
$2,496 | Props total: 0 0
 Brandon919 said:
For the most part you right, but i remember when 10 crack commandments aired on Hot 97 and BIG was on the radio, Angie blatantly asked him did he freestyle that track and he said yeah. I'll never forget that day because i found it amazing somebody can go in there and just zone out on a beat. He said it took him 1 take to lay that track down.

As far as biggie being the best, when Life After death dropped that summer EVERYONE outside in harlem was blasting that Cd ALL DAY fu*kING LONG. I was around the age of 7 and i use to sit out there with everyone on the block listening to Notorious Thugs. So to NYC, BIG was the GOAT, THE GOD, THE GREATEST and thru the biggie era its been proven all over period.

And if hes not, and very "overrated" then who was hotter than him back in that time period? Only person i could think of is Big L buddy so ya'll can relax with that sh*t. If he wasnt the best out then who was?
sh*t im rocking wit it right now....
thats whats up this cd was fire.... and people dont want to
let the late great rest...

----------------
Prolly High Listening To:
 12-21-2008, 11:59 AM         #56
Born Leader  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lots of rappers have put out 2 albums that have been good. I guess they're the GOATs also. GTFOH clowns! Stop hyping up the fat a.ss! Big smalls music doesn't live outside of Funk Flex's turntables and NY d!ckriders.

Last edited by Born Leader; 12-21-2008 at 12:00 PM..
 12-21-2008, 12:16 PM         #57
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whats hilarious is Kids who make the statement "They didnt call biggie great until he died".....And it makes you sit here like....Really?....Go back order any major hip hop publication, ask anyone who was old enough to understand what they were saying about Big...Hell in New York...Pre-Ready to Die...n*ggas in the city were already Calling biggie Great. Biggie had "Best Of" Mixtapes of freestyled/underground material before he even dropped his first LP(U know the material Puffy tried to sue a few DJ's for?)....When Ready To Die dropped, and the Mainstream/Commercial Attention had a Shift/Rift...It wasnt no question b...By the time his second album was being recorded and they started hyping it...People werent asking "Is this n*gga really good?...Will he pull it off again"....n*ggas were standin up askin "Whoa, What else could he possibly do"....I Think the problem here is...The internet is far from Sucker-Free...And some n*ggas like to just say sh*t in threads that They dont believe themselves to keep a little argument going(The threadstarter himself has been doing this for the past 2 years or so lol)...I mean I had some Random North Carolina n*gga Diss Me and "Other NY n*ggas" When he has A fu*king legend from The Bronx in his Avatar lol...Like really?...

Do me a favor tho...Im very interested in knowing who some of your Top 5's Are...I Guarentee you 4/5 of your tops...or hell ALL 5 of em....have spit plenty biggie lines...and if you go find THEIR Top 5's....hes Right their...lol.

As far as Biggies work ethic is concerned...I mean...Dudes career was what...a Few years long?...Its crazy that what he did in just a few years caused more of a stir than what some of 90 percent of the rest of the game has done in 10 years. Take Wayne for example...For about 70 percent of his career in the mainstream he played background to some other n*ggas on a Label...Hes @ a point most artists look to retire an move on and hes finally getting the spotlight...We could name more...but its pointless lol.

if you dont fu*ks with big, then cool dont listen. If you do...Keep Listening...And as far as the n*ggas arguing back and forth about his death and whats going on with its case and what not.....Shut up, all yall sound stupid as fu*k son...lol
 12-21-2008, 12:26 PM         #58
hiphop4ever  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born Leader said:
Lots of rappers have put out 2 albums that have been good. I guess they're the GOATs also. GTFOH clowns!
yea lots of rappers have put out 2 good albums but have any of these rappers put out 2 (classic) albums in a row as good as ready to die, or life after death?..NO

EDIT: but dont get it confused im not callin him the goat tho im just sayin dude def does deserve alot of the credit that he gets for the great music he put out in such a short period of time

Last edited by hiphop4ever; 12-21-2008 at 12:36 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #59
youngface2 
space
space
space
$467 | Props total: 4 4
this is my list:

1. Jay Z
2. Nas
3. Biggie
3. 2Pac
5. Styles P (Hard as hell non can match him right now 2003 till now)
6. Ghostface (Alot of heart in his flow)
7. Jadakiss (Raspy)
8. Camron (This n*gga was setting trends)
9. Methodman
10. Beanie
 12-21-2008, 02:20 PM         #60
tmich19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
... Classic or what..???
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago