Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

???
Panthers 13 38.24%
Giants 21 61.76%
Voters: 34. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #621
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,678 | Props total: 1354 1354
This victory for the Giants proved nothing, it just gave the giants home field advantage and fukked up my plans of buying some playoff tickets.
 9 years ago '07        #622
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
 jhj26 said:
This victory for the Giants proved nothing, it just gave the giants home field advantage and fukked up my plans of buying some playoff tickets.
why u gotta hate......it proved nothing??? come on man
 12-22-2008, 01:39 PM         #623
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jhj26 said:
it proved the winds in giants stadium are crazy and that's one positive about having homefield advantage as feagles and carney know the winds very well.

proved that ward runs alot better with jacobs active

proved that gilbride needs to not give up on the run

proved that webster did a great job against steve smith

Smith's final line: 2 rec, 21 yards and one of them came when dockery was one on one against him

muhammed had a good reception against webster too but all in all he did a great job
 9 years ago '07        #624
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,678 | Props total: 1354 1354
Got Damn Giants fanz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry12:

:angry12:

:thumbsdow :rant: :angry14: :banghead: :guns1:

:mad45: :guns1:
 12-22-2008, 01:42 PM         #625
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jhj26 said:
Got Damn Giants fanz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry12:

:angry12:

:thumbsdow :rant: :angry14: :banghead: :guns1:

:mad45: :guns1:

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '07        #626
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
 RicFlair said:
it proved the winds in giants stadium are crazy and that's one positive about having homefield advantage as feagles and carney know the winds very well.

proved that ward runs alot better with jacobs active

proved that gilbride needs to not give up on the run

proved that webster did a great job against steve smith

Smith's final line: 2 rec, 21 yards and one of them came when dockery was one on one against him

muhammed had a good reception against webster too but all in all he did a great job
well there you go
 9 years ago '07        #627
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
 RicFlair said:

[pic - click to view]

truth hurts...........btw wtf happened to her
 9 years ago '04        #628
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
$17,711 | Props total: 15 15
just got back to civilization from hickville, south carolina. that was a great game last night. even though we lost, i gotta admit i enjoyed it. we got a lil too conservative after halftime but that's john fox for ya. props to the giants for comin out and defending their turf. hopefully we'll meet again, i'd love another shot at em.

oh and ric, your team played good but smith was shut down more by our coaches then by webster. we completely stopped tryin to throw the ball after halftime. Fox always sits on leads and this time it cost us

Last edited by uncfan888; 12-22-2008 at 01:57 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #629
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
 uncfan888 said:
just got back to civilization from hickville, south carolina. that was a great game last night. even though we lost, i gotta admit i enjoyed it. we got a lil too conservative after halftime but that's john fox for ya. props to the giants for comin out and defending their turf. hopefully we'll meet again, i'd love another shot at em.

oh and ric, your team played good but smith was shut down more by our coaches then by webster. we completely stopped tryin to throw the ball after halftime. Fox always sits on leads and this time it cost us
:greetings10:

good game

:fawkdance:
 9 years ago '04        #630
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
^^^ i really thought it was. we outplayed yall in the first half, yall outplayed us in the second. i would love another chance at yall and maybe this time we wont have to use a 250 pound DE to fill the spot of a 400 pound DT. Ward loved to find that hole last night
 12-22-2008, 02:04 PM         #631
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 uncfan888 said:

but its also very possible that yall stopped tryin to throw the ball to him because he wasnt getting open against webster
 9 years ago '08        #632
GhostNinja 47 heat pts47
space
space
$3,943 | Props total: 0 0
 uncfan888 said:

think about it, our Dline was getting harassed for the majority of the game (tuck was just not his usual self) and we just couldn't get to Jake. if smith was open, delhomme should've had no problems finding him.
 9 years ago '04        #633
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
 RicFlair said:
but its also very possible that yall stopped tryin to throw the ball to him because he wasnt getting open against webster
we stopped throwing to him cuz fox decided to start running the ball every play. u and i both know that if fox had let jake try to throw the ball, he would've forced it in there. coverage or no. i'm not tryin to take away from what webster did cuz he did play well, but i think it was more of fox goin into his conservative mode. but that's just my opinion
 9 years ago '04        #634
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
 GhostNinja said:
think about it, our Dline was getting harassed for the majority of the game (tuck was just not his usual self) and we just couldn't get to Jake. if smith was open, delhomme should've had no problems finding him.
thats exactly what i'm saying! jake only probably made like 5 throws in the second half cuz we ran the ball every play
 9 years ago '04        #635
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
maybe i'm just tryin to justify us lookin so bad in the second half after looking so good in the first. but like i said, i'm not tryin to take away from what your team did. we hit you in the mouth in the first half and then yall came out in the second and basically shut us down and did whatever you wanted to. i blame it on a combination of our play calling being ultra-conservative and your o-line destroying our banged up d-line and opening up huge holes for ward to run through. i would love another shot at it and i think it would be another great game if we got to play again
 12-22-2008, 02:15 PM         #636
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ill give you that it was a combination of playcalling and webster's play
 9 years ago '04        #637
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
 jhj26 said:
come on man!!! "shyts on the NFC south"????? We all know that this game would have been no overtime and another Carolina win if it wasn't so damn windy... Hell, it might have been a blow out victory for Carolina if conditions was a little bit better.
no it wouldnt have. we didn't get beat by eli's passing, and we didn't lose cuz of jake's passing. it was a running game all the way, the weather had no effect at all. yeah kasay had to kick a 50 yard field goal into the swirling wind, but blame smith for holding on the d. williams run, and then blame the coaches for running to the hashmark on 3rd and 6 instead of tryin to get a first down
 12-22-2008, 02:23 PM         #638
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
interesting read

Anatomy of a New York Giants run
by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger
Monday December 22, 2008, 2:16 PM
Photo by Andy Mills / The Star-LedgerClever play design helped spring Derrick Ward on a key run for the Giants.

I'm in the middle of watching the tape of the game and usually I keep my head down and try to keep the momentum going, but I just had to stop after seeing one play. It was a second-and-6 from the Giants' 45 with 4:50 left in the third quarter.

The reason I feel compelled to break this play down is because of all the criticism of the play calling over the past two games. We're so quick to say the play calls were horrible and the game plan stunk, but we don't always balance that out by praising good coaching. And on this play, there was plenty of it by offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride, coach Tom Coughlin and whoever else was involved in designing this play and calling for it at the right time.

First of all, the Giants came out what's known as "12 personnel": one RB, two TEs. They had just come out in the same grouping two plays prior and were immediately met with eight Panthers in the box when both TEs lined up at their natural spots. That play was also a great call because it was a slant to WR Domenik Hixon, who had single coverage on the right side and was able to make a 9-yard catch for a first down.

Now, in the case of the second-and-6, if the Giants had lined up with both TEs at their usual spots, they would have seen eight in the box again. So what they did was line up Kevin Boss in the slot on the right side with Michael Matthews tight right next to RT Kareem McKenzie. Not surprisingly, that pulled strong-side LB Na'il Diggs (the Panthers were in a base defense because of the personnel matchup) out of the box to cover Boss and forced the safety to stay deep. So do the math: eight minus Diggs and the safety equals six in the box. Now, it's a heckuva lot easier to run the ball. And it was even easier when the Giants decided to run Derrick Ward to the left side. That was the weak side and the Panthers played it as such: DE Julius Peppers on that side with DT Nick Hayden shaded that way in the "A'" gap next to C Shaun O'Hara. LB Thomas Davis was head-up over O'Hara, meaning it was three against three on that side of the ball.

Play calling did its part. Now, it's time for the players to take over by executing. They did just that. LT David Diehl kicked out DE Julius Peppers and was rightly praised by announcers John Madden and Al Michaels. But the guy that really made this play happen was G Rich Seubert, who gave Hayden a quick shove with his right hand, allowing O'Hara to cross Hayden's face and take him 1-on-1. That's all it takes sometimes on these combo blocks - a jab to allow your linemate to take control of the block and then peel off to the LB, which Seubert did when he hooked Davis. This is what I was talking about in Friday's game preview when I said the Giants would be able to get to the second level easier if Carolina DT Ma'ake Kemoeatu was inactive, which he was.

Anyway, back to the play. Peppers stuck out his left arm, but you're not going to tackle Ward with one hand. WR Domenik Hixon drew CB Richard Marshall downfield and held him for a brief second. Hixon was mad at himself he didn't finish the block, but he sold the pass route enough to get Marshall away from the line. Diggs was too far away from the play to have any shot at a tackle and RG Chris Snee executed a gorgeous back-side combo block when he got a piece of DT Damione Lewis and then got to the second level to hit LB Jon Beason just enough to knock him off the play.

The result: a 22-yard run by Ward, which set up a much-needed, confidence-boosting TD to cut the Panthers lead to 1.

So the next time you, me or anyone gets ready to gripe about the play calls, let's remember it's about more than deciding "Run right" or "Pass left." There's a lot that goes into it. And trust me, the Giants have some good minds making the decisions.

Oh, and props to Madden for saying right before the play it was a great time for a run out of that formation. He knows football.

MG
 9 years ago '07        #639
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
ric whats tha status on ross.......being that he left early
 9 years ago '04        #640
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
yall k!lled us with the way you disguised your run packages. but what irritates me is that they weren't really disguised! i watched the game against dallas last week, and everytime yall were in the shotgun you ran the ball. so yesterday yall lined up in the shotgun and apparently fox didn't watch the game i watched so he put in 6 DB's. i would've stuffed the box anyways and made you throw the ball. but that's just me. and sorry i'm talkin about this sh*t now, i wanted to talk about it last night during the game but my laptop died and i had no internet connection.

oh and i just want to say....

fu*k YOU KEN LUCAS
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
98 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
41 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
173 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
108 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
29 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy