Seven pounds (2008)

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
138 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
125 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
86 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What did you think?
Amazing!; Will Buy The DVD! 71 42.77%
Pretty Good 47 28.31%
Alright 18 10.84%
Was Disappointed 13 7.83%
Amazing!; Will Buy The DVD! 17 10.24%
Voters: 166. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #21
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
i dont see how you could not like this movie.. very well put together.. crazy tear jerker.. while i didnt cry.. i had to f!ght back some tears.. call it what you wanna..

i'm lookin at some of the reviews.. and this is one of the movies i can honestly say.. fu*k the Critics.. you gotta make your own review about this movie.. just go see it!!

Last edited by GetOnMahLevel; 12-19-2008 at 06:51 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #22
wr8201 
space
space
$5,894 | Props total: 4 4
 GetOnMahLevel said:
i dont see how you could not like this movie.. very well put together.. crazy tear jerker.. while i didnt cry.. i had to f!ght back some tears.. call it what you wanna..

i'm lookin at some of the reviews.. and this is one of the movies i can honestly say.. fu*k the Critics.. you gotta make your own review about this movie.. just go see it!!

i havnt heard about any reviews but it seems that from people on bx its getting bad reviews

i agree i dont know how u can give it a bad rating

they can say what they want but its a will smith movie and it will make a lot of money

i didnt get bored during the movie

i just wanted to know what he would do next and why he was doing it

putting it out during the holidays was a good move in my opinion
 12-19-2008, 01:51 PM         #23
_Monk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i personally loved it... altho im still confused as to why it's called "Seven Pounds"... does it have anything to do with the beating of her heart at the end.. possibly?
 12-19-2008, 05:03 PM         #24
₪ Skinny Bląc ₪  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 _Monk said:
i personally loved it... altho im still confused as to why it's called "Seven Pounds"... does it have anything to do with the beating of her heart at the end.. possibly?
SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE YET
The seven people Tim helps are Emily Posa (whom he gives his heart to), Ezra Turner (whom he gives his eyes), Ben Thomas (whom he gives his lung), Holly (whom he gives his liver), Connie (whom he gives his house), Nicholas (whom he donates bone marrow) and George (whom he donates a kidney to in order to get off dialysis). Hence the title of the movie is finally revealed: 'Ben' Thomas donates seven pounds of flesh in order to seek redemption for the seven innocent lives he took that rainy night.
 9 years ago '08        #25
Shaz2003 1 heat pts
space
space
$838 | Props total: 1 1
Great movie, Will defiantly deserves an Oscar for this one!
 9 years ago '05        #26
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
I honestly couldn't stand to sit through it for 30 minutes into it. It's all just so schmaltzy. I can't stand movies that cheaply manipulates the audience. And, that is exactly what this film does. I like a tear-jerker every now & then, but you gotta earn those tears.

i've seen all of these themes done before, and done more cleverly than it is done in this film. It's almost insulting how incredibly over-simplified it's emotions are... By the end when it's revealed what happened, and his sacrifice, I literally stood up in my seat and said 'WHAT THE HELL'...

Sorry to break from the pack, but this is some ol' bullsh*t to me.
 9 years ago '05        #27
rippac4 
space
space
$14,133 | Props total: 1050 1050
damn this movie is the sh*t, Will is that dude
 12-19-2008, 10:40 PM         #28
menacel  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Will Smith is damn well my favorite actor...but I'm sorry this was not one of his good films...no it wasn't his acting (he always pulls through)...but the plot to this film was drawn out way too long, it was so anticlimactic because you KNEW what was happening early on in the film
 9 years ago '04        #29
kingjames944 
space
space
space
$384 | Props total: 0 0
I gotta be honest this movie was pretty bad. Will Smith did a great job acting, but the script was just dull. It was obvious from the first 30 minutes, what the seven pounds were, and the ending was just not a great climax at all. Oh well maybe next time.
 12-20-2008, 02:27 AM         #30
AKfoy0face  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont understand critics man, what the fu*k do they think a good movie is?

fu*k them this movie was amazing, very touching.
 9 years ago '05        #31
dreas_24 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,964 | Props total: 724 724
i aint go lie...I cried when she looked into woodies eyes....they both should win the oscar....Smith is Legendary after this one
 12-20-2008, 08:40 AM         #32
BigDickDanny08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:applause::applause::applause::applause: Will Smith is the Goat..it is official

i aint gonna lie i aint hear anything about this movie..but i was bored and wanted to watch something i'm glad i did watch it..it was a great movie
 12-20-2008, 09:23 AM         #33
JaeRell  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
blah, it was ok...the movie had serious flaws imo...for the movie to be emotional, the buildup was slow...character development wasn't all there...and it just basically threw everything at you in the last 30 min. will did an awesome job but pursuit of happyness is waaaaaaay better. i was disappointed in this movie. it had potential.
 12-20-2008, 09:55 AM         #34
FuhhhQ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JaeRell said:
blah, it was ok...the movie had serious flaws imo...for the movie to be emotional, the buildup was slow...character development wasn't all there...and it just basically threw everything at you in the last 30 min. will did an awesome job but pursuit of happyness is waaaaaaay better. i was disappointed in this movie. it had potential.
Co-sign. I had pretty much lost faith until the last 20 minutes or so. Ended well, but the build-up had already bored me to death... I wouldnt pay to watch it again.. Ill say that much
 9 years ago '06        #35
holdndownfla 
space
space
$497 | Props total: 5 5
yeah..... this sh*t was def good...lol @ Woody Harrelson
 12-20-2008, 12:28 PM         #36
AKfoy0face  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how is bolt better than this movie, seriously critics are fu*kin gay.
 9 years ago '04        #37
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,980 | Props total: 4308 4308
 AKfoy0face said:
From what I've read, Bolt is good for a computer animated family movie. This movie was terrible for a movie that was made in hopes of receiving Oscars. It masquerades as some deep movie, but it was sh*t.
 12-20-2008, 02:14 PM         #38
AKfoy0face  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no this movie was great, but the ending was far fetched.
 9 years ago '05        #39
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
 AKfoy0face said:
what the f*ck? How are you gonna compare two movies that aren't even in the same genre?

Seven Pounds was trash, in my opinion. Manipulative, contrived, and not as clever as it seems to think it is.

If there is ANY bright spot on this crappy film, it's Rosario Dawson. that's it.

2.0 out of 10.
 12-20-2008, 09:51 PM         #40
_Monk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
I honestly couldn't stand to sit through it for 30 minutes into it. It's all just so schmaltzy. I can't stand movies that cheaply manipulates the audience. And, that is exactly what this film does. I like a tear-jerker every now & then, but you gotta earn those tears.

i've seen all of these themes done before, and done more cleverly than it is done in this film. It's almost insulting how incredibly over-simplified it's emotions are... By the end when it's revealed what happened, and his sacrifice, I literally stood up in my seat and said 'WHAT THE HELL'...

Sorry to break from the pack, but this is some ol' bullsh*t to me.

how can you judge a 2hr movie when you only watched 30 minutes of it?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
21 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago