Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
99 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
104 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #1
6324 pageviews
83 comments

housToned? 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,556 | Props total: 0 0
Dec 16 - Top High School Football Recruit Dies in Possible suicide

Billey Joe Johnson
[pic - click to view]

was considered one of the top high school football recruits in Mississippi, as well as the country, until his shocking death early Monday morning.

Johnson, hailing from Jackson, Miss., rushed for more than 1,500 yards his last season, totaling over 4,000 for his career, and received scholarship offers from a number of major schools including Alabama, LSU and Mississippi as a top-rated recruit by both Scout and Rivals.

Johnson died of a (possibly self-inflicted) gun wound early Monday after being pulled by a sheriff's deputy.

It's not clear why 17-year-old Billey Joe Johnson was stopped in Lucedale, but authorities say the junior tailback shot himself with a shotgun after the deputy walked back to the patrol car to run a license check.

"The deputy was sitting in his patrol vehicle ... when he heard a gunshot and saw the victim laying on the ground by the driver's side door of the vehicle that Johnson was driving. A shotgun was lying on the victim," according to a statement from the George County Sheriff's Department.

Authorities would not immediately say whether they believed the shooting was a suicide or an accident.

The last portion of that quote is particularly perplexing, because it is hard to believe that Johnson would have attempted to pull a shotgun on police officers ...although equally confounding is the notion that Johnson would k!ll himself at what, according to all current reports, appears to be a basic traffic stop.

Nothing is ever certain, but this story appears to be so odd, at least in the manner of death, that it would be even more shocking if further details didn't at least emerge as to why the young man apparently panicked and pulled a gun that resulted in the tragic and early end to his life.

lINK
[pic - click to view]

http://ncaafootball.fanho .. it-dies-in-po/

83 comments for "Dec 16 - Top High School Football Recruit Dies in Possible Suicide"

9 years ago '05        #2
thatboydrae 
space
space
$1,323 | Props total: 315 315
damn, wtf? Somebody is lying, probably the police.
 12-16-2008, 10:49 AM         #3
78mixes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is a story that has everyone from his parents to the governor puzzled, even the political radio shows are speaking out about some wrong doing.

THIS IS THE LATEST NEWS

ALL STORIES WITH THE STATE NEWS PAPER

LUCEDALE — District Attorney Tony Lawrence says he's awaiting forensic test results before determining what led to the death last week of George County High School football standout Billey Joe Johnson Jr.

Lawrence met Monday with the family of the 17-year-old, who died Dec. 8 from a shotgun blast.

Afterward, he released a statement saying he anticipates wrapping up the probe by next month.

"It is too early in the process and therefore, impossible, to conclude anything as to the manner of death," Lawrence said in the statement. "We cannot conclude anything until forensic testing is complete.

"At this time, we have not received a final autopsy report or any other report from the many forensic tests that were performed. Further, the investigation will include information and witnesses relevant to the shooting, some of which still need to be interviewed."

Officials from the George County Sheriff's Department have said Johnson of Lucedale shot himself after being pulled over by a deputy for allegedly running a red light and a stop sign. Johnson, a junior running back this past season, was being recruited by some of the nation's top programs.

Curley Clark of Moss Point, vice president of the Mississippi NAACP, said the family has met with friends and community members and shared the information they had.

They concluded that Johnson's death was an accident or a homicide, he said. "There was not any reason for him to take his own life," Clark said.

Services for Johnson are set for 1 p.m. Saturday at George County Middle School.

In the meantime, his family plans to seek a second autopsy, said Willie Gaines from the George County NAACP, who met with the district attorney along with the family.

The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation also is investigating the case.

Joel Wallace, an investigator for the bureau, was present for the conversation Lawrence had with Johnson's parents, Lawrence said. "I advised the Johnson family of the status of the investigation and answered, as best I could at this early stage, any questions they had," he said.

The next George County grand jury will meet Feb. 12, he said. "This is an ongoing investigation, and I caution members of the community to avoid rumors and speculation and let the independent investigation proceed to a conclusion," Lawrence said in his statement.

The family had heard conflicting stories about what happened that morning. One version had Johnson being chased. Another had him stopped in a traffic stop.

Lawrence released a copy of the incident report Monday.

In that report, Deputy Joe Sullivan wrote he was traveling west at 5:34 a.m. Dec. 8 when he saw a red truck running a red light and heading south on Mississippi 63.

He turned on his blue lights and saw the truck run a four-way stop. A little bit later, the truck pulled into the parking lot of a business, Sullivan wrote.

"A black male got out of the vehicle and advised me that the reason he ran the stop sign was that he was on the way home because his mother was sick," Sullivan wrote. "I asked for his driver's license and advised him to have a seat in his vehicle while I check his license out.

"When I went back to my vehicle, I picked up the radio to call it in and heard a gunshot and glass breaking. I looked up and the black male fell on the ground, and the gun he had in his hand fell on top of him. I called dispatch and advised them that the subject had shot himself and to send me some help."

Sullivan is still on active duty and has not been accused of any wrongdoing.

In tribute to their fallen friend, students placed flowers, wreaths and black balloons near where he died. Next to one wreath is a small teddy bear with a George County Rebels T-shirt. One student inscribed a football: "Billie, watch over us. Love ya. Damo."

Johnson, a 220-pound back, rushed for more than 1,500 yards this past season and was being recruited by the University of Mississippi, LSU, Alabama and other schools.
 9 years ago '04        #4
Death 
space
space
space
$512 | Props total: 0 0
maybe tried to hide the gun while the cop went back to his vehicle and accidently shot himself. feels like there is some info missing from this story..
 9 years ago '07        #5
F.U.B.U. 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 408 408
Or maybe the cop didn't know who he was and thought he was a regular n*gga.

Sad news, it hard as fu*k out here now of days.
 9 years ago '08        #6
UnkleLuc_ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,469 | Props total: 159 159
this sh*t is fishy as hell... it doesnt even sound right to me at all
 9 years ago '04        #7
Teccanina99 
space
space
$414 | Props total: 0 0
THATS fu*ked up ResT iN peaCe homie...
 12-16-2008, 11:47 AM         #8
RUG-RAT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Police did it
 9 years ago '06        #9
kpdawg2006 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,821 | Props total: 186 186
police vehicles have cameras, if the sheriff didnt shoot em show the public the tape..nuff said

edit RIP...
 12-16-2008, 12:02 PM         #10
Gamberro 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Those dudes are confused, I tell you. Knew this one f*g**t who swore on his life he had fu*ked more than half of his high-school football team.
 9 years ago '05        #11
thaghost36 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,255 | Props total: 341 341
 9 years ago '05        #12
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Gamberro said:
Those dudes are confused, I tell you. Knew this one f*g**t who swore on his life he had fu*ked more than half of his high-school football team.
Are you serious?
 9 years ago '06        #13
Hit Em' Up 61 heat pts61
space
space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 1170 1170
 thatboydrae said:
damn, wtf? Somebody is lying, probably the police.
Yea that seems to be the best thing i can come up with as well.
 12-16-2008, 12:10 PM         #14
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
suspect sh*t, fu*king pigs
 12-16-2008, 12:11 PM         #15
fish250 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kpdawg2006 said:
police vehicles have cameras, if the sheriff didnt shoot em show the public the tape..nuff said

edit RIP...
real talk and plus that officer was prolly just carrying a pistol. he didnt have no shotty. and who is the gun registered too? if its someone he could have know he could have had it therefore cops didnt shoot
 9 years ago '06        #16
daffysm 
space
space
$14,053 | Props total: 2056 2056
at everyone passin blame to the police without any information...dude could have 1000g's of cocaine in the back and you still say the cops did it
 9 years ago '07        #17
Chris Cassius 
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 19 19

edit RIP...
You want them to show the PUBLIC a video of someone shooting themself?

Something tells me the family wouldn't want that shown to the world
 9 years ago '06        #18
kpdawg2006 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,821 | Props total: 186 186
what about the video of the mexican cartel k!lling 3 ppl last week What i mean is that alot of information is available to the public yada yada, these are police records that are probably classified eventhough the parents have the right to see them, as a police officer he should have no problems if this tape was leaked, available and showed his innocence but since its not most* of the responses are going to say police did it

Last edited by kpdawg2006; 12-16-2008 at 01:19 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #19
Woody 
space
space
space
$4,079 | Props total: 32 32
Sounds a lil fishy to me. Black kid trying to do some good for himself, in the south, death involving the police...hmmmmmmm....
 12-16-2008, 01:41 PM         #20
snoopaliciouS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats fu*ked up

I can't believe this story because of the background of that dude
he did good at school and cant forget about the football skills
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
55 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
272 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
116 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
51 comments
20 hours ago