Kidulthood, Adulthood, BulletBoy, Rolling With 9's....Anyone Watch Them???

most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
180 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #1
13979 pageviews
70 comments

youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,783 | Props total: 4725 4725
Kidulthood, Adulthood, BulletBoy, Rolling With 9's....Anyone Watch Them???

i just finished watching Kidulthood and now im downloading Adulthood to see what the sequel looks like i was surprised to find out the writer was the character that played Sam but im even more surprised that the uk has really good films filmed by young kids, 2 other movies im thinking bout watching is BulletBoy and Rolling With 9's, i dont know if they were relased in the uk but today was the first time i heard of any of those movies

70 comments for "Kidulthood, Adulthood, BulletBoy, Rolling With 9's....Anyone Watch Them???"

9 years ago '07        #2
Welsh! 
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
watched both kidulthood and adulthood

Kidulthood is good, Adulthood was not.

never watched the other 2
 12-11-2008, 12:40 PM         #3
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol at a uk film notbeing released in the uk

young vito voice of the young people
 9 years ago '05        #4
youngvito18 8 heat pts OP
space
space
 Scorp said:
lol at a uk film notbeing released in the uk

young vito voice of the young people
i dont know how the uk film industry compares to the americans film industry.....so anyone can release a film over there because some of the movies i scene wouldnt have a chance in being on big screen, just some straight to dvd stuff but their good eitherway
 9 years ago '05        #5
space
space
 Welsh! said:
watched both kidulthood and adulthood

Kidulthood is good, Adulthood was not.

never watched the other 2
i was told Kidulthood was wwaaay better then Adulthood but i finished watching all of Adulthood today and i liked it, i think Kidulthood had more substance but i like how Adulthood brought it full circle and i really like the growth in the sam character,

sounds weird but i think if i did an americans adaptation of Kidulthood it would be good amongst the masses, i would only have to change a few things

why didnt you like Adulthood???
 9 years ago '04        #6
donyute 1 heat pts
space
space
$151 | Props total: 14 14
BulletBoy and Rolling With 9's was pretty decent, personally prefer Rolling with 9's over BulletBoy. Also watched Kidulthood and Adulthood, I would say Kidulthood is way better than Adulthood
 9 years ago '04        #7
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 23 23
BOTH ARE sh*t
 12-11-2008, 08:35 PM         #8
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Adulthoods good. I think alot of people don't like some of the new characters though. Like the fat white kid.

Haven't seen Bullet Boy(want too).

Seen Rolling with the 9s. It's kind of low budget, especially in certain parts, where other parts have really good production.

If you liked Kidulthood and Adulthood you'll probably like Rollin' With the Nines if you can forgive the low budgetness of select scenes.

Plus Robbie Gee and Vas Blackwood are main characters so who wouldn't want to fu*king see it?

Trailer if you haven't seen it

If you're after British gangster-esque films i've also advise 'Rise of the Footsoldier'

and 's3xy Beast'(A MUST SEE)

And Green Street Hooligans too if you've never seen that

9 years ago '04        #9
donyute 1 heat pts
space
space
$151 | Props total: 14 14
Also peep these
layer cake
Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels,
The Business
 9 years ago '05        #10
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
Adulthoods good. I think alot of people don't like some of the new characters though. Like the fat white kid.

Haven't seen Bullet Boy(want too).

Seen Rolling with the 9s. It's kind of low budget, especially in certain parts, where other parts have really good production.

If you liked Kidulthood and Adulthood you'll probably like Rollin' With the Nines if you can forgive the low budgetness of select scenes.

Plus Robbie Gee and Vas Blackwood are main characters so who wouldn't want to fu*king see it?

Trailer if you haven't seen it

If you're after British gangster-esque films i've also advise 'Rise of the Footsoldier'

and 's3xy Beast'(A MUST SEE)

And Green Street Hooligans too if you've never seen that

Rise of the Foot Soldier??? cool, im gonna look into it but low budget dosent bother me, sh*t i watched Shottas like a 100 times and thats as low budget as you can get lol, but i seen a clip of rolling with the 9's and n*ggas was running into houses with shot guns while dudes were shooting techs at them, sh*t looked crazy

but i guess a few of the new characters werent needed......for instance that lexxi girl who sam hooked up with couldnt they have just used the becky character from kidulthood and the white chubby kid was cool, i mean, dude served his purpose, i wish they would have showed more of what was going on with sam inside the jail, but whats up with all the head butting???? is that what nuccas do in the uk, i seen atleast 3 scenes where dudes got head butted instead of punched lol

is their any other movie that sam aka noel clarke made, dude seems like a pretty talented writer
 9 years ago '05        #11
space
space
you know what i like about some of these uk movies, the slang they use is no different then the slang i hear in the jamaican or bahamaian flicks i watch some times, i guess uk has alot of west indian influence in it
 12-11-2008, 10:03 PM         #12
SShev0024 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just seen Kidulthood . . . I'm watchin Adulthhood now, Dude does seem like a good writer . . . I know the movies are a couple of years old but I hope dude career keeps goin cuz I'm likin his movies

I heard Green Street Hooligans was good . . . I got that on the way, and I'm bout to check out those otha movies mentioned
 9 years ago '05        #13
space
space
 SShev0024 said:
I just seen Kidulthood . . . I'm watchin Adulthhood now, Dude does seem like a good writer . . . I know the movies are a couple of years old but I hope dude career keeps goin cuz I'm likin his movies

I heard Green Street Hooligans was good . . . I got that on the way, and I'm bout to check out those otha movies mentioned
im gonna have to check up the Green Street Hooligans tomorrow, yo one thing i find funny is that kidulthood and Adulthood are both all over youtube, like the entire movie, thats how i watched Kidulthood, but n america your whole page would get deleted because of copyright infringement, dosent Uk have any laws against that

but these movies would probably sell if they were to show in america, and i agree dude's writing is pretty good and he seems like a young dude
 12-12-2008, 03:46 AM         #14
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
don't waste your time watching gsh it's a piece of poop...mainly due to charlie hunnams terrible attempt at a 'laandan' accent

and yeah there is a massive west indian influence over here, thanks to the influx of immigrants in the 60's
 12-12-2008, 07:35 AM         #15
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scorp said:
don't waste your time watching gsh it's a piece of poop...mainly due to charlie hunnams terrible attempt at a 'laandan' accent

and yeah there is a massive west indian influence over here, thanks to the influx of immigrants in the 60's
I doubt an American would pick up the poor accent, with respect.
 12-12-2008, 07:49 AM         #16
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngvito18 said:
Rise of the Foot Soldier??? cool, im gonna look into it but low budget dosent bother me, sh*t i watched Shottas like a 100 times and thats as low budget as you can get lol, but i seen a clip of rolling with the 9's and n*ggas was running into houses with shot guns while dudes were shooting techs at them, sh*t looked crazy

but i guess a few of the new characters werent needed......for instance that lexxi girl who sam hooked up with couldnt they have just used the becky character from kidulthood and the white chubby kid was cool, i mean, dude served his purpose, i wish they would have showed more of what was going on with sam inside the jail, but whats up with all the head butting???? is that what nuccas do in the uk, i seen atleast 3 scenes where dudes got head butted instead of punched lol

is their any other movie that sam aka noel clarke made, dude seems like a pretty talented writer
If you're close enough to throw a headbut you're going to throw one. More effective than throwing a punch on the inside, considering most people can't really throw properly from close range.

I know he wrote a new show for the BBC, another Urban London thing. Pilot was showed, don't think the show was comissioned though.
 9 years ago '05        #17
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
I doubt an American would pick up the poor accent, with respect.
no disrespect taken, i dont even know what a "laanden" accent is, im guessing its slang for london or something.....accents dont matter to me because the stereotypical london person is perceived sounding like chumps....no disrespect....sounds real wimpy and weak but the dudes on the kidulthood/adulthood movies sounded half british half jamaican so it didnt sound like a bunch of n*ggas asking for tea and crumpet

i think thats why uk music dont fly over here because them uk rappers sound real fruity with their accents then again im sure you uk guys think american accents sound weird too
 12-12-2008, 08:37 AM         #18
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Maybe. But i mean most people think the London accent sounds gay(i certainly do), but i can listen to the music still... Then again i don't really think accents have any relevance personally.

I'm pretty sure if the right artist was marketed right he could make noise. The only artists who make it here are usually sh*t though, so its not surprise America wants no part of them...

Just to let you know. Both BulletBoy and s3xy Beast and Green Street Hooligans are on Youtube
 12-12-2008, 09:19 AM         #19
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There's another sequal coming out called Parenthood i think.
 9 years ago '07        #20
Welsh! 
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
hold on did I just read Rancid recommending the worse film going?........Green street holigans

that film along with Rise of the footsolider are sh*t

go watch Football factory
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
275 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
56 comments
1 day ago