Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
10 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-18-2009, 01:29 PM         #161
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anyone got any 1920 x 1080 wallpapers for skate 2
 9 years ago '05        #162
JayMosEnvied 
space
space
$920 | Props total: 0 0
are they having a midnight release? obama about to be in office on tuesday and skate the next day is going to be great :applause:

overall skate 2 is really nice. runs a lot smoother and the graphics are great. loving the fact that we can get off the board and move objects around so finding secret spots is going to be coo. customizing is way better with more selection. theres a lot to learn still when it comes to grabs and grinds but i like the challenge. i mastered all the tricks in skate. cant wait!!
 9 years ago '04        #163
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
^^^

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Da Ill One; 01-18-2009 at 01:46 PM..
 01-18-2009, 01:46 PM         #164
tru_overdose 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the 1st game was substantially better on the ps3, but i wanna cop this on 360 so i actually use it.

for me, its just easier with the ps3 controller. sh*t i dont know....im coppin one way or another
 9 years ago '06        #165
tron_85 
space
space
$433 | Props total: 14 14
 tru_overdose said:
the 1st game was substantially better on the ps3, but i wanna cop this on 360 so i actually use it.

for me, its just easier with the ps3 controller. sh*t i dont know....im coppin one way or another
I heard it was the other way around.

also

Does it come out on the 21 or the 23. The demo and game vids say 23.
 01-18-2009, 03:57 PM         #166
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I ended up finding this one and added the skate 2 logo to the top so it sits right next to my username on my 360 dashboard

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '07        #167
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,863 | Props total: 2382 2382
^That sh*t is hot. Do you have that as a background in 1440x900 or anything close?
 01-18-2009, 05:37 PM         #168
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Syringe said:
^That sh*t is hot. Do you have that as a background in 1440x900 or anything close?
1920 x 1080

Last edited by TriangleOffense; 01-18-2009 at 08:27 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #169
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,863 | Props total: 2382 2382
 TriangleOffense said:
1920 x 1080

[pic - click to view]

Thanks.

I have to spread around props :(
 01-18-2009, 08:28 PM         #170
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Syringe said:
Thanks.

I have to spread around props :(
no worries
 01-18-2009, 08:55 PM         #171
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tru_overdose said:

IT WAS A GARBAGE PORT........

This one is way better then that one because, they actually LEAD dev on PS3

for Skate 2(if you didn't know).

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 01-18-2009 at 08:57 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #172
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
how the fu*k you going to be lead...and still not be as good...wtf

Professor Wikipedia defines the term “Frame rate” thusly: the measurement of the frequency (rate) at which an imaging device produces unique consecutive images called frames. The term applies equally well to computer graphics, video cameras, film cameras, and motion capture systems. Frame rate is most often expressed in frames per second (FPS) and in progressive-scan monitors as hertz (Hz).

Skate 2 on the PS3 defines the same term quite differently: according to it, a “frame rate” is a stuttering mess that can either be a silky smooth 60 fps game or an impromptu 30fps slideshow. Yes, frame rate is something to be maintained as steadily and fast as possible when there is little to bugger all objects on the screen. However, whenever the player tries to skitch their way into a dense urban environment or (god forbid) bust a trick into a skate park full of AI observers, frame rate should respond to this by digging in the heels and slowing the action right the hell down.

To those of you cringing Xbox 360 owners who haven’t already read our Skate 2 review, take a deep breath and relax – everything is more-or-less fine on your version. Those of you rocking a PS3, you have our sincerest condolences and our shared rage. Here is a snipped from the article:

"But here’s the biggy. There are some serious frame-rate concerns with the PS3 version of the game. We tested both the Xbox 360 and PS3 review code, even taking our rider in each version to the same spot in the world and switching the input on the TV back-and-forth to ensure it wasn’t some weird pre- and post-coffee phenomenon. But by comparison, the PS3 version runs like a dog. It is not a game breaker, but we did find ourselves missing landings and grinds simply on a part of the frame-rate screwing up our timing and no matter which way you look at it, that ain’t cool. Even the Xbox 360 version under high load (like stacking at full pace into an oncoming car) can momentarily hit Struggle Street."

Don’t get us wrong, Skate 2 on the PS3 has got chops in other areas and you should read the review to learn more on its award winning trick system, amazing depth, and looks so sharp they could have your eye out (both, if you have an especially bi*chin’ TV set). That said, there is simply no denying the dodgy frame rate issues on display here. Unless Skate 2 receives some serious patching from EA in the launch window we are going to have to list it in with the other jittery cross-platform PS3 titles out there (i.e. BioShock, a.ssassin’s Creed, Orange Box, Madden 08, etc, etc).

On a lighter note, read up on why SKATE has legendary status in our Guide to .

01-19-2009, 06:50 PM         #173
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:

lol .... poor bastards
 9 years ago '05        #174
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
I had Skate 1 on the 360 and i hated it but dam i just downloaded the demo on the PS3 and wow this sh*t is now a first day cop. Im loving the controls on the PS3 so much fu*king more man. Customization is nasty too. I love having my created dude having the Marina Nike SB Mids and Supra Cruizers that i also have.
 01-19-2009, 07:04 PM         #175
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
I had Skate 1 on the 360 and i hated it but dam i just downloaded the demo on the PS3 and wow this sh*t is now a first day cop. Im loving the controls on the PS3 so much fu*king more man. Customization is nasty too. I love having my created dude having the Marina Nike SB Mids and Supra Cruizers that i also have.
I played the hell outa the first one on the PS3 broke 2 controllers after too many deathraces and trick events once I got it on the 360 I felt the same as you do right now and Ive managed to keep my controls intact (I am buying a new one for skate 2 though) get it for whatever system you want but I agree this should be a 1st day cop for all
 9 years ago '06        #176
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
 Da Ill One said:

yea i saw dopeman's post and was gonna reply with gameplayer's article bout the framerate. smh...oh well. won't ruin the experience for me one bit.

but on a better note,

GAMEPLAYER GAVE SKATE 2 A 9.5/10

9 years ago '06        #177
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
lol while i'm typing it out i just saw my first Skate 2 TV spot and according to that GameInformer gave it a 9/10

OXM - 10/10 (not confirmed)

IGN - 8.3/10
Skate 2 is technically an improvement over the first title, and anyone who hadn't yet played the original should skip it and go right to the second. It's a really fun game that allows you to play it the way you want with a control scheme that is second-to-none at the moment. However, it's far from perfect. The story presentation has issues, the on-foot controls suck and it can feel a little too similar to the first game on the whole. Again though, for all its issues, Skate 2 is still a hell of a lot of fun and anyone into skateboarding titles should look no further for the best thing on the market right now.

PlanetXbox360 - 9.1/10
It’s amazing how little additions like getting off the board, fastplanting, and even sorting your replays into categories can have such a profound affect on the whole experience. The first Skate was nowhere near perfect, but it was a massive step forward in the right direction, and away from the high-flying acrobatics and rooftop grinds that have nothing to do with actual skating. To that end, Skate 2 feels less like a sequel, and more like the realization of the original dream. Now, if only I could get my cameraman to shut up for more than two seconds so I could concentrate.

TeamXbox - 8.9/10
Skate 2 is a good, lengthy game, and it has moments of greatness, but it’s not great across the whole experience. I’m planning on going back and do more of the unfinished tasks and challenges I have, but I’m sure I’ll continue to swear and be frustrated by the game’s shortcomings (which are easily remedied, as I see it). As I’ve said in similar terms in the past with a couple of other game reviews, playing Skate 2 makes me want to play Skate 3, because I’d like to think that this kind of feedback will give the makers a better understanding of how the next game could be so much better. Give us a big world to skate, a big bunch of reasonable challenges to complete and durable multiplayer over Xbox Live that’ll keep us playing your game well after we’ve finished the Career path. Don’t feel you have to make me do something over and over to prove that I’m getting better as a player. Entertain me, but don’t overwhelm me. Unfortunately, despite all of Skate 2’s entertainment, it is often overwhelmingly discouraging.

(^uhh...how many of you played Skate long after beating it thanks to the big world to skate? i know i most definitely did/do. that doesn't make much sense to me...)

Xbox Evolved - 8/10
Overall though, Skate 2 is a good challenging package, that the guys working on the next Tony Hawk will definitely have to step to, and we hope whatever happens to the Skate series now that Black Box is gone, it will continue to set the bar for what a skateboarding game should be.

i really didn't expect it to do this well. i expected 6s or 7s and maybe one or two 8s, but never expected reviewers to say it's this great. i thought they'd say that it barely does anything new, but i'm surprised. friday can't come fast enough now goddammit.

Last edited by jayvivz; 01-19-2009 at 10:51 PM..
 01-19-2009, 11:15 PM         #178
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jayvivz said:
Give us a big world to skate, a big bunch of reasonable challenges to complete and durable multiplayer over Xbox Live that’ll keep us playing your game well after we’ve finished the Career path.

(^uhh...how many of you played Skate long after beating it thanks to the big world to skate? i know i most definitely did/do. that doesn't make much sense to me...)
playing it now and from that quote from them it looks like somone may have gotten frustrated with the R&B challenge
 9 years ago '05        #179
Mr Hyde 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,872 | Props total: 0 0
just picked my pre order up & game is sick... better then the first with ease!
 01-21-2009, 10:50 AM         #180
jbudz420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hey thinking about copping this but was mad disappointed with the first one cause it didnt offer a multi player on the same console..anyone know if skate 2 has single console multi-player ala thps...pm me if u know will mos def prop thanks
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
105 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
112 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy