*OFFICIAL* Skate 2 thread...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
128 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-25-2008, 08:53 PM         #81
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
Watch in HD, focusing on the new graphics creator, however, from 1:22-1:30seems like he's in slappy's. Maybe it looks different for every place you're editing your skater?

Peep that sick a.ss Nollie Flip with the logo on the bottom...AHHHHH I can't even wait for this game...

:laughing19::laughing19::laughing19:
:laughing19::laughing19::laughing19:

gimme gimme gimme gimme
 9 years ago '06        #82
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
I CALL IT. GREATEST SKATEBOARDING GAME OF ALL TIME. I SAID IT. IT WILL BE. IT HAS TO BE. NOTHING ELSE IS BETTER. fu*k A THUG. fu*k A THPS2. SKATE 2 WILL BE IT.
 9 years ago '06        #83
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
god i love how you can just bail out of a trick anytime you want. sh*t is gonna be the most realistic skating game ever.

the bail at 3:07 in the demo vid is just great to look at. they're not perfect yet, but they're 100x better than the slow gliding lifeless bails from Skate.

Last edited by jayvivz; 12-27-2008 at 01:02 AM..
 12-27-2008, 09:38 AM         #84
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jayvivz said:
god i love how you can just bail out of a trick anytime you want. sh*t is gonna be the most realistic skating game ever.

the bail at 3:07 in the demo vid is just great to look at. they're not perfect yet, but they're 100x better than the slow gliding lifeless bails from Skate.
hey Mr. multiplat you gettin this for 360 right ?
 9 years ago '05        #85
ThaNostalgic1 
space
space
$1,474 | Props total: 0 0
 Da Ill One said:

Holy sh*t at some of the bails at 2:30 in...some of them sh*ts looked way worse then part 1...
at 3:18 it looks like an altered verion of Danny Way's megaramp....:agreement6:
 9 years ago '04        #86
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,025 | Props total: 6088 6088
I love how this game drops the 21st...the day after my birthday.
 9 years ago '04        #87
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
damn I forgot the soundtrack was released a while ago...
was peeping some of them songs and can't wait even more now...
 9 years ago '04        #88
space
space
Yay e yay e...

It’s fair to say that the skateboarding game genre has come a long way in the history of video gaming. I know my first experience of it was on the Commodore 64, with the title Skate or Die, as well as the half pipe event featured within California Games.

The break-out of the genre occurred, however, with the 1999 release of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater on Playstation, one of the best games to grace the console, and a hard jolt to those who thought a successful skating title couldn’t be achieved. The dose was then repeated with two subsequent titles, and the series was stronger than ever, but also at a crossroads, knowing it couldn’t continue along the same path, so it has veered off with other ideas without all that much success.

Enter the challenger. And that challenger would be Skate. It claimed back the old way of making a skating game which made THPS such a hit, and added its own spin on the sub-genre, and showed that there is even more potential to be extracted from a skateboarding title. Hence the development of a follow-up title.

Building on the success of last year's iteration, Skate 2 looks as though it could provide much more versatility with just a few tweaks set to be implemented, by the developer's own admission, to the control system. These slight changes seem to be aggregate, multiplying the already expansive array of tricks made possible by an already intuitive system used in the original Skate.

One of the coolest features to be implemented is the create-a-spot mode, where you can hop off your board and grab on to objects of your choosing, such as picnic tables, benches, and grind rails, and arrange them to your liking. You can save these arrangements, a.ssign a score objective, and upload them for other players to enjoy, or likewise, you can go see the spots that your friends have uploaded or sift through the work of the general public and pick out your favourites.

A similar system will be used for shared multimedia, such as the videos you've edited in-game, the still images you've pulled from those clips, and the custom graphics you've created for your gear. The idea is to help you quickly find material your friends have made and the best from the public, all made possible by an in-game browsing system.

The city of San Vanelona has undergone some changes since the last time it was sighted. Skate It on the Wii details the destruction and turmoil that devastates the metropolis. Taking place a few years later, Skate 2 kicks off in a rejuvenated San Vanelona. Following the arrival of a huge corporation, the city has been undergoing a period of urban renewal, but how this will impact the game's story is still yet to be revealed, but the developer has stated there is rhyme and reason behind this, and we’ll soon see for ourselves when it hits our shores in early 2009.
 9 years ago '06        #89
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
 TriangleOffense said:
hey Mr. multiplat you gettin this for 360 right ?
...i'm not too sure anymore... :(...i need $200 by the 21st. i doubt that's gonna happen. i might have to change my pre-order to PS3 before it's too late...i was playing the Skate demo on PS3 and it felt pretty good...but...idk man...i'm sorry...:(...i REALLY want it on 360, but idk if it's gonna happen...a n*gga just get conFOOSed...
 12-31-2008, 01:13 PM         #90
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jayvivz said:
...i'm not too sure anymore... :(...i need $200 by the 21st. i doubt that's gonna happen. i might have to change my pre-order to PS3 before it's too late...i was playing the Skate demo on PS3 and it felt pretty good...but...idk man...i'm sorry...:(...i REALLY want it on 360, but idk if it's gonna happen...a n*gga just get conFOOSed...
its all good i wont even have this right away anymore after seeing more and more about LOTR:Conquest im getting that first and Gears actually has me wrapped up right now pretty glad i got it for a gift im enjoying the hell out of the game so far
 9 years ago '04        #91
space
space
TO & Jayvivz, I told you my contact was right on the money :agreement6:

Over on Xbox 360's calendar of events, a new Download and Win event has been posted and features none other than the demo for Skate 2. According to the posting you'll have to download the demo between January 8 and January 15 in order to enter the contest, meaning that the demo will arrive on or before January 8. That's not too far away.

Last edited by Da Ill One; 01-01-2009 at 11:49 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #92
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,647 | Props total: 2189 2189
man I went back to play the first skate. I'm STILL stuck on the Rob & Big challenge lol..Everytime I try I end up doing a 360 pop shove it to a FS Crooked
 9 years ago '04        #93
space
space
 jewelz1132 said:
man I went back to play the first skate. I'm STILL stuck on the Rob & Big challenge lol..Everytime I try I end up doing a 360 pop shove it to a FS Crooked
yeah I had trouble with that too at first, I actually did it by accident one day, I hit the wrong way on the controller and let go and it did the right move and gave me credit for it...not sure if it glitched but I wasn't going to complain...
 01-01-2009, 01:08 PM         #94
Maaly6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
demos always hit XBLM on Tuesdays (3:00am EST) so it should be Jan. 6th
 9 years ago '04        #95
space
space
 Maaly6 said:
demos always hit XBLM on Tuesdays (3:00am EST) so it should be Jan. 6th
I'm thinking it's going to drop on the 8th even though it's a thursday because to enter the contest you have to DOWNLOAD the game between the 8th and the 15th...so if they release it on the 6th and peopel DL it and can't enter the contest then you know they will bi*ch and moan about not being able to enter a contest they probably wouldn't win anyways, and MS will get "sued" by this sue happy society...so I'm saying it's coming out on the 8th
 9 years ago '07        #96
JaeNice 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,203 | Props total: 0 0
Jan. 8 can't wait
 01-03-2009, 08:14 PM         #97
massou_1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:dancingcool:

Release date?

Official list of characters?
 9 years ago '04        #98
space
space
 massou_1 said:
:dancingcool:

Release date?

Official list of characters?
January 21st is the release date

the soundtrack has been released and this is the soundtrack:

ARTIST SONG
Althea & Donna - Uptown Top Ranking
Anubis - Anubis
ASG - The Dull Blade
Awesome Snakes - I Want A Snake1
Black Sabbath - Symptom Of The Universe
Black Tide - Shockwave
China Creeps - Stay On Or Die
Cut Chemist - Addictive1
D.R.I. - Beneath The Wheel
Dayton Sidewinders - Go Ahead On1
Dragonforce - Heroes Of Our Time
ELO - Show Down
Fujiya & Miyagi - Collarbone1
Gang Starr - Step In The Arena1
Gaslight Anthem - I'da Called You Woody, Joe1
Goons Of Doom - She Wore Rat Skin Boots
Guilty Simpson - Piglets
High Tension Wires - They Fall Apart
Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning1
Korrupted Hoodlums - S.K.A.T.E.
Koushik feat. Percee P - Cold Beats1
LL Cool J - Rock The Bells1
Louis XIV - Guilt By a.ssociation1
McRad - Weakness
Money Your Love - For Kristoffer1
Motorhead - Eat The Rich
Nas - Made You Look
Oh No - Heavy
One Man Army - It's Empty
Ponce De Leon - Gator Jaws1
Public Enemy - Harder Than You Think
Queen Sea Big Shark - Hold Your Hand1
Radio Reelers - Runnin’ Out
Rage Against The Machine - Sleep Now In The Fire
Riverboat Gamblers - Uh Oh!
Sam & Dave - Hold On, I’m Comin’
Sly & The Family Stone - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)1
Stiff Little Fingers - Alternative Ulster
Suicidal Tendencies - Possessed 2 Skate1
T.S.O.L. - Superficial Love
Teenage Bottlerocket - Crashing
Texas Thieves - Los Pool Riders
The Clash - death Or Glory1
The Riptides - Return To Blood Beach
The Specials - Ghost Town1
Tickled Pink - Reach Out And Give Me Your Hand
Underground Railroad To Candyland - Square Ball
WAR - Low Rider1
Wu-Tang Clan - Protect Ya Neck
Year Long Disaster - Leda Atomica1
Youth Brigade - I Hate My Life

and the full roster is:

Patt Duffy
P.J. Ladd
Mark Appleyard
Colin McKay
Marc Johnson
Jake Brown
Denis Busenitz
John Cardiel
Alex Chalmers
Ryan Gallant
Jerry Hsu
Ray Barbee
Mike Carroll
Jason Dill
Rob Dyrdek
Ryan Smith
Terry Kennedy
Brayden Szafranski
Darren Navarette
Danny Way
Chris Haslem
John Rattray
Lucas Puig
Eric Koston
Chris Cole

Last edited by Da Ill One; 01-03-2009 at 08:41 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #99
ThaNostalgic1 
space
space
$1,474 | Props total: 0 0
cant wait for the 8th im going to play non-stop..hippie jumps over cars and everything
 9 years ago '04        #100
space
space
I got INsider info for the Skate 2 Demo...

Create a Skater is IN the demo...and you can save your create a skater and import to the retail version if you like...
Demo is a timed demo of 20 minutes play time that starts ONCE you Create a Skater...
Time limit only starts after your character is made. You can just rip through with the default character if you just wanna play with no time limit...
uploading vids is NOT in the demo but it IS in the retail game...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
33 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
167 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy