most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
34 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-08-2008, 07:54 AM         #1
6026 pageviews
67 comments

jaytrep9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dec 8 - Swisher Cigar Maker Sues Rapper For Use Of Name & Logo

[pic - click to view]

http://hiphopaddixx.com/h .. tent&Itemid=56

A Georgia rapper who went by the name Mista Swissher Sweet has to drop his name, after the cigar maker Swisher International sued him for trademark infringement.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the rapper (real name: Jontae Green), who hails from Austell, used the brand's name and logos on his website, and on his album's coverart for his iTunes single "Jump Around."

In the lawsuit, which was filed last week in federal court, Swisher International said the filed the court papers to protect their brand.

26-year-old Green said he came up with the name because it was his choice of cigar, and had no intentions of trying to sabotage their brand or name. He did say he will cease the use of their logo, and chance him name.

"It ain't no big deal," the rapper told the paper. "The streets already know me as Swissher. I can just put my face on a CD cover and they know who it is."

67 comments for "Dec 8 - Swisher Cigar Maker Sues Rapper For Use Of Name & Logo"

9 years ago '05        #2
DaSmoothiest 
space
space
$394 | Props total: 16 16
Damn, they need to be happy someone is putting there name out there.
 12-08-2008, 08:41 AM         #3
massou_1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Here's the rest of the story...

The cigar company's attorney, Lloyd Farr, says they are happy the rapper isn't being a problem. However, they still have to work out the legal ramifications for use of their trademark though.

"Certainly we're happy that he's pulling down the website and changing his name," Farr told the Journal-Constitution.

Swisher are seeking damages of more than $100,000, and profits Green made by use of their logo.

Despite the suit, Green would like to work with Swisher to help promote their product through a possible endorsement deal. However, he said if they want his domain, swissher.com, they need to cough up $22,000.

As far as the $100,000 Swisher is seeking, Green says he doesn't have that kind of money.
 12-08-2008, 09:10 AM         #4
mixtape mutt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Swisher makes horrible blunts...they ain't got sh*t on Dutches, Phillies n White Owls.
 12-08-2008, 09:19 AM         #5
GOD999  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SmokeyTheBlunt said:
if it wasnt for rap and weed, nobody would know what the fu*k a Swisher Sweet was........
Real talk
 12-08-2008, 09:26 AM         #6
t-man20001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mixtape mutt said:
Swisher makes horrible blunts...they ain't got sh*t on Dutches, Phillies n White Owls.
Ill take one of those grape swishers in the tube any day.
 9 years ago '04        #7
bout2getuwetma 
space
space
space
$99 | Props total: 0 0
swisher sweet buggin.....they need to b happy he puttin they name out there...free promo...and besides....swisher sweets aint all that...ther just skinny phillies which also suck...im a simple man...gimmie a vanilla dutch anyday......so i guess im MC Van Dutch (vanilla dutch)...wait...is that how Von Dutch got its name? alot of copyright infringment going on off of cigars...too much weed in america.....lol
 9 years ago '05        #8
P DRILLA 103 heat pts103
space
space
$10,675 | Props total: 6426 6426
swishers = brown paper bags
 9 years ago '04        #9
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
As far as the $100,000 Swisher is seeking, Green says he doesn't have that kind of money.
And that pretty much sums THIS up
 12-08-2008, 10:03 AM         #10
StatisticZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mixtape mutt said:
Woah, woah woah!! Why do people who can't roll Swisher's always bash them?

Dutchmaster > Swisher > White Owl > Phillies..
 9 years ago '04        #11
minimeblunts 
space
space
$4,710 | Props total: 11 11
 mixtape mutt said:
:applause::applause::applause:
 9 years ago '07        #12
dhead_txn 
space
space
$910 | Props total: 31 31
The blunt argument is kinda funny. They all have that paper under the tobacco and will never compare to a cone rolled with hemp papers. I personally prefer "Sweets" cuz that is all that was available in my teens and early twenty's in the south. You could find them at any store but had to look for Phillies or Garcia y Vega Grenadiers (the green leafs), which nobody even mentioned.
 12-08-2008, 10:42 AM         #13
FuhhhQ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mixtape mutt said:

Mannn they must stock yalls gars more then ours. Ive never bought a white owl that didnt fall the hell apart when i went to break it down. I think ive MAYBE bought one fresh philly my whole life. Never tried a dutch, but anytime I buy a swisha... its fresh.
 9 years ago '05        #14
swyshasweets 
space
space
$2,000 | Props total: 271 271
hope they dont come after me
 9 years ago '04        #15
Nocturnal-One 
space
space
$1,837 | Props total: 6 6
From his site:
If you were looking for Mista Swissher Sweet, New Site Coming Soon! The cigar company want me
to change my domain name because its so close to their site name. The cigar company act like they dont know
that over 85% of Blacks is smoking their cigars, making them a regular high sellers. When i promote my music, I
dont use the cigar company's Help to promote myself, Mista Swissher Sweet was just a damn name I chose to use
because my brother DIED from smoking swisher cigars so i named myself swissher. swisher international want me
to change my name. if any thing the company should be giving me an endorsement deal because when people
think of me, listen to my hits, or attend my shows, they think about the swisher blunt. swisher international think of
rich or something, they think they going to bring another black man down. well they better think again. ON
PAPER, IM GOING TO CHANGE MY NAME, BUT WHEN YOU SEE ME IN THE STREETS, REMAIN CALLING ME
MISTA SWISSHER SWEET, SWISSHER, AND WHATEVER YOU LIKE! Hate swisher international! Swisher
international makes a fu*king cigar, which leads to lung cancer, throat cancer, DEALTH. I make music that eases
your mind, smoothing out your day, and get you krunk!

My New name is open for suggestions....I will keep you all posted.
I am selling my domain name.
. Price $22,000.

Hit me at 404-396-3103
When i promote my music, I dont use the cigar company's Help to promote myself, Mista Swissher Sweet was just a damn name I chose to use because my brother DIED from smoking swisher cigars so i named myself swissher.
Sorry, but why, if your Brother died from smoking that sh*t, would you name yourself that? Makes no sense.

ON PAPER, IM GOING TO CHANGE MY NAME, BUT WHEN YOU SEE ME IN THE STREETS, REMAIN CALLING ME MISTA SWISSHER SWEET, SWISSHER, AND WHATEVER YOU LIKE!
Why? If you'll have a different name soon?

Swisher international makes a fu*king cigar, which leads to lung cancer, throat cancer, DEALTH.
Funny, I thought it lead to death.

My New name is open for suggestions....I will keep you all posted.
Why? Can't you EVER come up with something original?

I am selling my domain name. . Price $22,000.
So anyone who pays $22,000 will then get sued aswell if they try to call themselves/their company Swissher? Awesome, I'll hand that $22k over then.

Never heard of this dude before, but he sounds like a straight up retard.
 12-08-2008, 11:30 AM         #16
ThaGh0st415  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SmokeyTheBlunt said:
if it wasnt for rap and weed, nobody would know what the fu*k a Swisher Sweet was........

:cool-smiley-009:
 12-08-2008, 11:45 AM         #17
mixtape mutt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FuhhhQ said:
Mannn they must stock yalls gars more then ours. Ive never bought a white owl that didnt fall the hell apart when i went to break it down. I think ive MAYBE bought one fresh philly my whole life. Never tried a dutch, but anytime I buy a swisha... its fresh.
Depends where you at I guess. Over here it depends what bodega you hit up, some them are infamous for having stale blunts. The spots that I hit up always got the fresh Phillies, White Owls, Dutches, and the fat Garcia Vegas..I love me a Vega. I know BK heads fu*k with Backwoods...but I can't stand them sh*ts.
 9 years ago '04        #18
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,034 | Props total: 6096 6096
man i used to love me a dutch...they dont have them around here since I moved to Arizona. All i see are white owls and swishers now. Copped some swishers and them bi*ches were stale as f*ck
 9 years ago '08        #19
outlaw7066 
space
space
space
$676 | Props total: 0 0
dang that was crazy to sue somebody over
 12-08-2008, 12:58 PM         #20
darealbigmeat  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMagicMan said:
And that pretty much sums THIS up
:lachen001::lachen001::lachen001:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
27 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
52 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside James Franco Reading Bad Video Game Lines
13 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago