Yo, is 50's career over?

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
152 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who killed Curtis?
Game 23 22.12%
Cam'ron 12 11.54%
Curtis himself 54 51.92%
You worship Scan 15 14.42%
Voters: 104. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #41
EOAE 60 heat pts60 OP
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
 GOTBREW??? said:
HOW DOES A SONG FLOP?????AND WHOS ALBUMS DONT GET PUSHED BACK ITS MARKETING DUDE

sh*t HAD AS MANY REMIX'S THAN A MILLIE THAT SONG WAS THE SONG OF THE YEAR

HE STILL WON

NAME 2 RAPPERS OTHER THAN KNAYE AND 50 WHO WENT PLAT THAT YEAR AND ALSO 2 RAPPERS THAT SOLD MORE THAN THERE FIST RECORDS THAT YEAR OR THIS YEAR
First...why are you writing in 5 different colors?

And with the platinum thing, 50 is held to a higher standard.

But yeah...a single flops when it doesn't chart as high as it is supposed to. As in every single 50 fully released were in the top 10 on the Billboard 100 at some point.

On Curtis...Straight To The Bank topped out at 35 and Amusement Park didn't even chart...I Get Money's highest position was 20. I'll Still k!ll came at 95.

50's main objective in this game is to be commercially successful...which brings more money. It seems as if not many people want to listen to him at all.
 9 years ago '04        #42
bassfiend316 
space
space
$8,576 | Props total: 0 0
 Poloi3eai2 said:
50 milked every cent out of being "gangsta" and now he doesn't know what to do with his success. He can't grow musically like Kanye and Outkast because all he ever talked about was beefin and being gangsta. But nobody cares about him beefin anymore because he's on top. It's like people dont care to see goliath beating up david but people want to see david slaying goliath. And he can't be gangsta anymore because he has too much money for people to believe he's still gangsta. All he raps about is money which gets really old. Dude just needs to quit rapping and invest his money before he lowers his own stock.
so he needs to autotune the next album? kanye's new sh*t sucks hard...

i agree with the rest of the post tho, except nobody wants to hear about his money. isnt that why cash money records is even known outside the south? all they did (besides truk) was say how much money they got...and white folks all over ate that sh*t up. YOU AND ME might be tired of it, but THEY arent. next album goes double plat

and in case that didnt answer the question...he has a looong time before u dont hear from him again. even if he gets really bad *coughmaster pcough* he can still finance almost as many albums as he wants to put out. so he can make trash music all day every day

Last edited by bassfiend316; 12-08-2008 at 12:15 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #43
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,082 | Props total: 4218 4218
 Bkjj11 said:
^ yea let 50 leave and be stuck with soulja boy and dj unk songs haha yeah thats your hip hop clown
:wtf:faggit.....50 is more garbage then them wack n*ggaz u mentioned..... maybe if he quits trying to fit in and get back on that power of a dollar sh!t then it will b cool.....face it, its time he throws those deuces up....can u even name the last joint he dropped that was remotely decent

i can't stand souja boy, but "she gotta donk" motivates the bi*ches to bounce dat a.ss, and i can't hate on that......

Last edited by JimDinO77; 12-08-2008 at 01:09 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #44
Scorpz 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,172 | Props total: 20686 20686
the big homie game merked fif n the unit :agreement6:
 12-08-2008, 01:55 AM         #45
China Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 Cent has beaten off competition from international superstars Madonna and Beyonce Knowles to top a chart of this year's biggest earning musical performers.

The rapper and entrepreneur brought in an estimated $151 million from June 2007 to June 2008, according to U.S. magazine Forbes.

British rockers The Police came second on the money list; their reunion tour helped net the band $115.8 million.

50's rap rival Jay-Z came third, bagging $82.6 million, while his pop star wife Knowles was just behind with $80.5 million.

And The Beatles proved they are still a big draw almost 40 years since splitting up - the Fab Four made $51.6 million, placing them fifth on the earnings list.
Copyright World Entertainment News Network

I think not.
 9 years ago '07        #46
Bkjj11 3546 heat pts3546
space
space
$92,304 | Props total: 69868 69868
 JimDinO77 said:
:wtf:faggit.....50 is more garbage then them wack n*ggaz u mentioned..... maybe if he quits trying to fit in and get back on that power of a dollar sh!t then it will b cool.....face it, its time he throws those deuces up....can u even name the last joint he dropped that was remotely decent

i can't stand souja boy, but "she gotta donk" motivates the bi*ches to bounce dat a.ss, and i can't hate on that......
:guns12: k!ll yaself
 9 years ago '05        #47
Kahlil Illah 1 heat pts
space
space
$788 | Props total: 18 18
ThisIs50.com
 9 years ago '04        #48
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
his last album went Plat....so I dont think its anywhere near over...
 12-08-2008, 01:57 PM         #49
whokid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k the threadstarter - closet 50 homo/fan
 9 years ago '05        #50
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,082 | Props total: 4218 4218
 Bkjj11 said:
:guns12: k!ll yaself
how orginal......
:angry16: hop off my scrotum.....50 is trash, learn, and live with it
 12-09-2008, 08:02 PM         #51
Narcz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
all these f*g**t 50 stans only use sales as a defense.
The threadstarter asked if his 'career' is dead. Why wouldn't anyone use sales as a defense?

His career is far from over when he's the highest paid music artist of the year.

You lames need to stop hating on people's music who don't enjoy. That's just as lame in itself.
 9 years ago '04        #52
EOAE 60 heat pts60 OP
space
space
i made this thread because nobody is checkin for new 50

we aint proactive wit the n*gga no more...he gotta make us want to hear his sh*t now

and it aint happening

sidenote- 4 n*ggas worship the kid Scan.
 9 years ago '06        #53
Supreme7 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,825 | Props total: 1991 1991
50 is one of my fav artist but his last couple songs is akward... get up, and president... ehhhhhh banks and yayo is on though... they last mixtapes is crack

Last edited by Supreme7; 12-09-2008 at 11:03 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #54
JoeyAvalanche 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,836 | Props total: 125 125
dude need to bow out and keep his cred.
Look at fkn Diddy!
 9 years ago '06        #55
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 Narcz said:
No, because he's still a dominant music artist world wide.
No he's not, he hasn't put out a significant song in a long time. Nothing on Curtis was that great.
 9 years ago '05        #56
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
yeah lil wayne just ended him....
 9 years ago '07        #57
Lamrock 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,093 | Props total: 16 16
hes the highest earner out of all artists worldwide :cool-smiley-009:
 12-10-2008, 11:04 AM         #58
Loose Cannon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scan said:
does the n*gga live in europe? no
lmfao
 12-10-2008, 05:51 PM         #59
Narcz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
you're kidding right? he's the highest paid entertainer but it's not off his music. I mean no-one said he wasn't making money and being a good business man but his music career is falling off hard.

he went from 9 million to 1 million in less then 5 years
I hit y'all n*ggas with facts and y'all still find someway to hate or try and seem right. How are you falling off when your the highest paid music artists out of every genre including pop. fu*k outta here. You a lame a.ss n*gga. And to be more acurate, he went from 12 million to 9 million to 5 million. Every artists sales have been declining. 50 still manages to sell more then Kanye, Jay, Wayne, T.I., etc. So is his "career" falling off? no. If this thread was about the quality of his music, this would be a way different conversation. But you lost. Now take the L, bi*ch.
 9 years ago '04        #60
EOAE 60 heat pts60 OP
space
space
 Narcz said:
I hit y'all n*ggas with facts and y'all still find someway to hate or try and seem right. How are you falling off when your the highest paid music artists out of every genre including pop. fu*k outta here. You a lame a.ss n*gga. And to be more acurate, he went from 12 million to 9 million to 5 million. Every artists sales have been declining. 50 still manages to sell more then Kanye, Jay, Wayne, T.I., etc. So is his "career" falling off? no. If this thread was about the quality of his music, this would be a way different conversation. But you lost. Now take the L, bi*ch.
The quality of 50's music translated to commercial success.

TOS is not commercial success.
Get Up is not commercial success.

When 50 does 300,000 in his first week and is talking bout "oh the climate changed...i still sold 4 million to germans" ...I'mma laugh. That's a cop out.

And yes, I know 300,000 is more than mad n*ggas can wish for. Think if Lebron started averaging 20 points a game...alotta n*ggas wish for that too.

Last edited by EOAE; 12-10-2008 at 06:13 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
33 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
148 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
46 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago