Official Killzone 2 Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
7 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-09-2009, 07:20 PM         #161
88'  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
These ferocious and resourceful special forces are among the most respected and well-rounded units in the Helghast corps. Also referred to as “Shocks” or “Leets” by ISA soldiers, the Elites are all hardened veterans with wits to match their bloodthirstiness.

With a characterizing lean and mean outfit, Elite Shock Troopers focus on speed and efficiency, operating with minimalistic and lightweight gear to generate maximum effect. This also makes them highly flexible and capable of deployment in a wide range of missions. This is reflected in their operational training. Elites train in every possible condition and are ready to operate completely independent of support units.

[pic - click to view]

The Elite Shock Trooper: float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

With their speed, efficiency and overall excellence, the Elite Shock Troopers are k!llzone’s stripped down men of war. Any encounter with them is therefore likely to k!ll you. Not that they wear heavy equipment or pack heavy weapons, though. They are simply better at war than anyone else in the HG army, the warriors and linchpins that the grunts look up to. We sat down with level designer Malcolm Grant and AI designer Rob Heald, to find out what it is that makes these fearsome f!ghting machines so lethal.
“Unlike the riflemen and other sniper-type characters,” Rob says, “Elite Shock Troopers tend to put more pressure on players. Their role is to flush players out of cover and you could even say they have a kinda crazy, suicidal attitude. Fortunately for them, they absolutely have the skills to match their crazy behavior. They are very quick and agile and know their way around their weaponry. They’re armed with a light machine gun, but Leets also have Teslite grenades and they will even draw their knives at close range.” In short, at first the Elite Shock Trooper might appear to be a featherweight Helghast, but if you get to know him a little better, you’ll surely meet his vicious sting.

Malcolm adds: “Due to their speed and agility, Elites are extremely effective in close combat. Combined with their special Leechpod training, they were the perfect characters to deploy on board of the Cruiser, which offers a lot of close quarters f!ghting. Because their armor has been made extra tough, they have the advantage of not really being dependent on cover as much as the other Helghast troops. This gives them the option to use a variety of tactics, most of which designed to get up close and personal with the enemy. This makes them very, very dangerous, especially if they’re teamed up with characters that can provide the necessary cover fire that prevents them from being picked off from a longer range.”

[pic - click to view]

We will, we will shock you...

To illustrate the Leets mean business, their training and gear reflect their Elite status. For instance, whereas most other characters simply use their primary weapon for a melee attack, the Elite Shock Trooper is trained to do some serious handiwork with their pro-actively drawn combat knife. Moreover, they carry TR-X Teslite grenades, an infrastructure-friendly alternative for the standard issue M194 Percussion Grenade that comes in especially handy in small, confined spaces. These Teslite grenades deliver a strong electrical impulse that strikes all troops and machines in its vicinity upon detonation, while leaving buildings intact.

And if all that is not enough, the Elite Shock Troopers also have a very distinct battle cry to let their opponents know they are close. So better keep your eyes and ears open, because if you fail to notice the presence of the Elite Shock Troopers in time, they might just already be too close for comfort...

Last edited by 88'; 01-09-2009 at 07:28 PM..
 01-09-2009, 07:27 PM         #162
88'  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
During the Sony presentation at this year’s CES, Guerrilla Games’ Hermen Hulst was talking about their upcoming AAA title, “Killzone 2.” During the presentation, we got to hear more about things we already knew. The game will feature destructible environments, the camera will mimic the player’s eyes, dynamic music, etc. One piece of information given, though, is something we haven’t officially heard before: “Killzone 2″ will offer most gamers about 10 hours of single-player gameplay.

Of course, the number could go up or down depending on factors such as difficulty, your skill level, and whether or not you want to collect all the trophies. 10 hours single-player on average for a game of this nature isn’t bad, though–especially when the multiplayer will last much longer. And for someone like me who doesn’t have the privilege of hours of free time each day, it’s the perfect length. Hit the full story for Sean’s photo of the presentation slide with the news.

[pic - click to view]

01-09-2009, 07:32 PM         #163
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thats perfect, we all know shooters aren't meant to be 25 hours long

you know online gaming is the big life extender for great shooters

but I would figure MOST normal gamers will beat in 10 to 15 hours.
 01-09-2009, 07:35 PM         #164
88'  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Will probably take me longer. I like to do things slowly during my first playing session to get a feel of the environment and such, good news anyways.
 01-09-2009, 09:52 PM         #165
88'  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It seems that all we’re posting lately is k!llzone 2 releated. From hands on impressions to release dates.

Now it seems that there is some more news that needs posting.
It seems that Sony are all set to release a official PS3 bundle with the game and a PLAYSTATION 3 if this packshot is anything.

The bundle is for Europe only right now with no current plans from either SCEA or SCEJ as of now but we’ll hedge a bet that SCEA will do something similar and announce it just before launch.

No price has been given yet but we’ll a.ssume it’ll be out with the game on Februrary 25th in Europe and February 27th in the UK.

While a bundle seems to be the most obvious thing right now in the world, it’s still a good move for the game as there are alot of people who are buying a PLAYSTATION 3 just to get k!llzone 2.

Anyways, pack shot below:

[pic - click to view]

They should offer a little more than that, a ps3 skin or perhaps a 2nd controller or something.

Last edited by 88'; 01-09-2009 at 10:08 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #166
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
Dammit, how many more bundles will surface before March?
 9 years ago '08        #167
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
fu*k i woulda waited for that to drop n cop a ps3
 01-10-2009, 12:01 AM         #168
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bundles are great, specially when you got great games to pack then with

Uncharted Bundle + k!llzone 2 Bundle + YAKUZA 3 Bundle are all great

don't tell me you whining about bundles because you wanted to cop one of

those bundles?
 9 years ago '04        #169
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 DA DOPEMAN said:

those bundles?
Yea I'm whining about em because I prolly woulda sprung for those if I'd known about them. I'm not too salty though because I got my sh*t on a deal anyway.
 01-10-2009, 01:02 AM         #170
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
true true
 01-10-2009, 08:07 PM         #172
88'  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DA DOPEMAN said:

those bundles?
Just saying they could have offer just a bit more to make it a better deal, I mean the Resident Evil bundle is offering an second control and a decal thing for your ps3, why not k!llzone 2? I have been saying if Sony isn't going to do a price cut anytime soon they should offer good bundles.
 01-10-2009, 08:10 PM         #173
88'  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Although CES isn’t known as a “gaming conference” both Sony and Microsoft had impressive booths dedicated to exclusive titles coming out for the Xbox 360 and PS3 in 2009. One of the big daddy exclusives that will be gracing our presence in February 2009 is, of course, k!llzone 2 and I spent about an hour on the first two levels and I’ll tell you all about it, after the jump.

My absolute first impression of k!llzone 2 is that I thought that it could be the best looking video game ever made. Period. The game is strikingly good looking. From character models to facial animation, everything is top notch, which is important as the graphical prowess goes along way toward dressing up an otherwise by the book shooting experience.

I really don’t mean “by the book” in a derogatory way. Most shooters are all the same, with different color paint and a different “hook” like a cover system or crazy weapons, etc. k!llzone 2’s hook, if it has a hook, is just how darned impressive the game looks. The visceral way you move about the environment, with every detail dripping with extra care, from your reload animation to descending ladders, nothing has been left out.

It’s these details that give you a sense of presence in the game that draws you in and keeps you playing and wanting more.

As far as the gameplay itself, the default controls leave a lot to be desired. As has become standard on exclusive shooters on the PS3, the default “fire” button is frustratingly set to R1, with R2 for grenades. Even more awkward is that the L2 button is mapped to their cover system, a la Gears of War, but that isn’t the frustrating part. The frustrating part is that when you “pop” up

to fire on an enemy, you then have to click the left stick to zoom, making things just a tad more complicated in an intense firef!ght, which is basically all the time in the game. The options menu did not offer a more “Call of Duty 4″ type control system, so I made due.
As far as the numerous complaints about the horizontal and vertical sensitivity that I have read, I did experience, however, that was easily rectified by dialing down the sensitivity in the options menu. Problem solved.

More gameplay and final word on the next page.

The in game firef!ghts themselves are a lot of fun. In the two levels I played, there was a lot of room to room f!ghting that was done fairly well. No invisible doors or artifice keeping you in that area. No infinite respawns either, which was nice for a change. Everything and anything in the game feels animated, by that, I mean that everything does something. Walls break up, wood splinters, stuff blows up. It really takes it to the next level in the game.

I was having so much fun at this point that I hadn’t noticed the crowd that had gathered behind me and was cheering me on when I did something particularly gruesome or crazy. There are very few games that I’ve ever played or watched that come across as engaging as k!llzone 2.

People just wanted to watch the game being played. That is an impressive feat in itself and it was something that I could absolutely understand after my brief time with the game.

Sony expects big things from k!llzone 2 and I can see why. I had a blast playing the game but I promised the random dude that was sitting next to me, who had dutifully watched me play for an hour, that when I died that I would let him take over… Stupid promises… Check out k!llzone 2 at the end of February 2009.

[pic - click to view]

Source
 01-11-2009, 04:51 AM         #174
onq  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

again the link with the translation (with some editing):

- their goal: cinematic experience. lot's of post-processing. they want an analogue look

- motion blur per pixel,
- noise, AA

- spu's are the key for optimal performance on the PS3: Deferred Rendering
- they often use all six: for full fire f!ghts, physics, particles, mp3 streams, 7.1 audio, lighting
- they also help to render effects. 40% extra speed thanx to the spu's

- guns have to feel realsitic, reactions have to be realistic. hit impact system. every bullet has an effect on the surrounding or people in it
- stacked animations with real time rendered ragdoll.. and yep, blow heads off...

- every polygon has mass and material
- real time ray tracing
- holes are not a flat image of a hole
- collision detection of small particles, even sparks.. icing on the cake. will often go unnoticed while playing by a lot of people.

- 5.1 ambient mp3 streams that rotate when you rotate. on top of that stereo music, 3d sound effects, voices in the right positioning, sound filtering.. all in 7.1 uncompressed sound.

- extreme amount of lightsd. 230 lights in this screen (he's showinng the screen). they are proud of this level. impressive
- the robot alone has 8 lights

- tech was developed while making the game.

- they think they can go further and beyond what they're doing with k!llzone 2
AND they will show us in the future!!

[pic - click to view]

01-11-2009, 09:57 AM         #175
88'  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nice. Also, there will be wind in it so if you were to throw a grenade it could come back to you.

Last edited by 88'; 01-11-2009 at 10:18 AM..
 01-11-2009, 10:19 AM         #176
88'  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
European journalists are beginning to receive their k!llzone 2 preview copies and one journalist is already blown away.

An Italian journalist, otherwise known as TTP on gaming forum NeoGAF, has just received his copy of k!llzone 2. The full game is in his hands and he couldn't wait to express his feelings on the game so far;

"My god. Preview code looks almost like pre-alpha compared to final.

"Every minor issue I had with the game has been addressed with chirurgical precision. Almost feels like a GG dev was hidden behind the sofa taking notes at every "mmh" of mine during my preview code run.

"And there are quite a few differences in how things unfold so it feels fresh despite having played this early stages to death."

I can confirm that Guerilla Games have paid particular attention to criticisms made in the gaming press, such as ground textures, up-close textures when taking cover and the artificial intelligence. Everything has been improved for the final build.

We hope to give you our own impressions in the near future, but you won't have to wait too long yourself for the pre-release demo, or even the full game itself. For now we'll leave you with TTP's words, "Let the hype engulf you."

[pic - click to view]

Source

The more and more good reviews K2 is getting, the more it looks like this game will even surpass the hype.

Last edited by 88'; 01-11-2009 at 10:21 AM..
 01-11-2009, 10:25 AM         #177
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Here is the entire CES09 presentation

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 01-11-2009 at 10:59 AM..
 01-11-2009, 09:57 PM         #178
88'  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thanks to the back of a Game Stop pre-order box we discovered that there DLC for k!llzone 2 would be. That was not too unexpected, but we knew it over a half month before the release of the game.

Today we have "exclusive" via an anonymous source within Guerrilla learned that at least three DLC packages are to come. Exactly what they contain and when they come we do not know, but we think that additional programs for the multiplayer is the most logical. However, it would simply be to Guerrilla different plans for us and is very unique Downloadable content for k!llzone 2 is cast.

We are certainly curious and hope that they Guerrilla know that you do not absurd to ask for prices nice extras, such as Media Molecule as well with his weekly LBP packets. In addition, they understand it well that we in the Benelux is difficult to content from the Store to buy because of a lack of credit cards. So if they are smart as they regulate SCEE PSN cards for us, then we will be eternally grateful for.

But first it is just wait until February 25, because then we can to work with this top of Dutch soil!

01-12-2009, 11:51 AM         #179
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well of course they will do DLC in advance, this is all part of the business model of today.
 9 years ago '05        #180
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
 DA DOPEMAN said:
Here is the entire CES09 presentation

Link doesn't work.
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
112 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy