Official Killzone 2 Thread

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
33 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-10-2009, 05:34 PM         #1121
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4. Safety First Trophy; life not a prerequisite

The Safety First Trophy is awarded for shooting off 100 Helghan helmets in Campaign mode.

What you might not know is that the Helghast don’t need to be alive when you do it.

Good to know
 9 years ago '06        #1122
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
i should play the campaign huh...
 9 years ago '04        #1123
# 58 
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 100 100
 Da Ill One said:
We’ve gone behind the scenes of k!llzone 2 with Guerrilla Games to reveal some of the secret features and development tricks used to create the best FPS title on the PlayStation 3.

If you ever wondered how they made those amazing weapons (the answer isn’t what you would expect) or what secrets are behind some of the more ‘obscure’ characters, now is your chance to find out…

1. Private Billinghurst is now a Corporal; was based on two employees

We all know that stalwart characters such as Rico and Templar make an appearance in k!llzone 2, but what about the ‘bit part’ players.

Back in the original k!llzone, during the early parts of the single-player campaign, you were introduced to a young Private Billinghurst. In the original title, he did nothing but lead you into the next area. Naturally, you followed him.

In a ‘nice to see you once again’ cameo appearance, Billinghurst is now a Corporal in k!llzone 2.

What you may not know is that Billinghurst was actually based on two GG employees (one current and one former); the name comes from Stuart Billinghurst (a Senior Level Designer) and his face is from Gino Dammers (former animator).

2. Guerrilla Games used car parts to make some of the weapons

Yes - it is true.

The VC21 Bolt Gun and the VC5 Arc Rifle, having no real-life comparison, were actually created and modelled using car parts. Unfortunately, we don’t know which cars they used…

3. Shooting your colleagues unlocks a bonus feature

You wouldn’t expect ‘friendly fire’ to result in any reward, but k!llzone 2 isn’t just any game so that is indeed what happens.

In Campaign mode if you shoot your buddy and revive him, then do it some more, he’ll eventually turn on you and start shooting back. You’ll even find a reference to how many of your colleagues you have upset in the Statistics area.

4. Safety First Trophy; life not a prerequisite

The Safety First Trophy is awarded for shooting off 100 Helghan helmets in Campaign mode.

What you might not know is that the Helghast don’t need to be alive when you do it.

After a heated exchange, and before moving to the next area, walk around and shoot off any helmets belonging to the recently deceased Helghast to gain that particular trophy quicker - and with less resistance!

5. Want realism; you got it, and at 2,000 frames a second

Those guns that could be modeled on the real thing, as opposed to being made from car parts, use more realistic gunfire than you might have thought.

Guerrilla Games recorded the ‘output’ of these firearms using high-speed cameras, recording the explosive action at 2,000 frames per second in order to capture the realism as accurately as possible.

Read more: "Top 5 k!llzone 2 secrets | PS3 Attitude" -

good looks...now i'ma have to go back to get that safety trophy
 9 years ago '07        #1124
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,863 | Props total: 2382 2382
*Blows dust off*

Copped KZ2 today.
 9 years ago '06        #1125
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
trade it in. it's by far the worst game of this generation.
 9 years ago '05        #1126
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
I'm so glad I didn't buy this. Online isn't interesting at all, COD4 has 55 ranks and 10 prestiges.

This has like 10 ranks or something a few classes and whatever I don't give a fu*k this game is hot trash.

fu*k man I haven't felt this cheesed since I bought Grand Theft Auto IV.

Last edited by JaiMega; 03-10-2009 at 07:06 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #1127
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
i'm boutta re-cop COD4 for PS3 if i can get it used for cheap. play that sh*t until MW2 drops. i REALLY can't fu*king wait for that sh*t now.
 9 years ago '07        #1128
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
@ your sig

I got through the first level. The game is hot so far. The Alt. 2 controls are good.

Took a break for now. Play more later.
 9 years ago '04        #1129
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
Finished the SP today. Radec was full of bi*chassness until I figured out staying in the doorway where you first come in the room and his bi*ch a.ss just keeps appearing in front of you. sh*t was easy as hell after that. Rico is one wreckless fool though.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 03-10-2009 at 09:56 PM..
 03-10-2009, 09:21 PM         #1130
graydome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption81 said:
Fished the SP today. Radec was full of bi*chassness until I figured out staying in the doorway where you first come in the room and his bi*ch a.ss just keeps appearing in front of you. sh*t was easy as hell after that. Rico is one wreckless fool though.
yeah I didn't think Rico would do that.

I'm on my second play SP through now (this time Veteran) and its even better second time round, really starting to appreciate the environemts more and the different ways to tackle each gun battle.
 9 years ago '05        #1131
Chuck_Remixed 255 heat pts255
space
space
$17,134 | Props total: 3657 3657
Naruto:Ultimate Ninja Storm it is:)
 9 years ago '06        #1132
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
i'm honest to god considering trading this sh*t in after i beat it for COD4.
 9 years ago '05        #1133
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,829 | Props total: 225 225
^^ lol..anyone gunna be on tonight? illone im going to add you.
 9 years ago '08        #1134
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
vivz you crazy, this sh*t is mad fun...im already highest rank and sh*t but ima play this up till MW2 maybe trade it in then but i love this game...cept for its extreme shortness
 9 years ago '06        #1135
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
what's wrong with Guerrilla Games? honestly, 5 year development and this is really the best they got to show for it? my score be like 20-10 when it should be 50-10. this gameplay and control is complete doodoo butter. you call shooting up a n*gga'z legs and torso then getting a headshot from that realism? n*ggaz spent 5 years building hype and making it look pretty. this game will clearly be traded in soon enough. i haven't been this disappointed in a game since Gears 2

Last edited by jayvivz; 03-10-2009 at 10:45 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #1136
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 jayvivz said:
what's wrong with Guerrilla Games? honestly, 5 year development and this is really the best they got to show for it? my score be like 20-10 when it should be 50-10. this gameplay and control is complete doodoo butter. you call shooting up a n*gga'z legs and torso then getting a headshot from that realism? n*ggaz spent 5 years building hype and making it look pretty. this game will clearly be traded in soon enough. i haven't been this disappointed in a game since Gears 2
How many times are you gonna make the same redundant point? We get it, your bullets don't hit anyone. Maybe it's a glitch, maybe you're garbage, but they don't hit. Ok. Beat it, trade it in, and keep it moving. Loose Cannon....
 9 years ago '07        #1137
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
 kuruption81 said:
How many times are you gonna make the same redundant point? We get it, your bullets don't hit anyone. Maybe it's a glitch, maybe you're garbage, but they don't hit. Ok. Beat it, trade it in, and keep it moving. Loose Cannon....
Uh oh...

*looks at sig*

*takes cover behind table with P-Hill*
 9 years ago '08        #1138
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
my sh*t never lags...and my aim be on point..headshot will be a headshot
 03-10-2009, 11:15 PM         #1139
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
COMPLAINZONE 2

WHAT an amazing game!!!!
 9 years ago '06        #1140
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
i actually didn't say anything about my bullets not hitting in that post. that was just you a.ssuming that because i mentioned something about the gameplay again when in actuality i made two points i hadn't made before, one about the 5 years in development seemingly only being used to make the game look good while the rest of it is shallow and reflects that of a game that's been in development for 2 years. i also made a point about how inaccuracy of the "realism" is shown when you're shooting someone in one part of the body and the game says another part was affected. or how about how P-Hill was getting shot, he turns around, dies, but gets a headshot on his murderer. that doesn't sound strange right? it is strange when P-Hill didn't even pull the trigger once.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy