most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
38 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
90 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-02-2009, 12:19 PM         #881
Arkanjal  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 # 58 said:
Guerrilla: "No changes required" to KZ controls

Monday 2-Mar-2009 11:01 AM

"Killzone 2 is a weighty, slower, more tactical first person experience," explains dev

Guerrilla Games producer Seb Downie has stated that there are "no changes required" to k!llzone 2's often-complained-about controls.

We mentioned it in our review, and it seems enough of you have made a noise about it in forums to get the developer to look into, but the sluggish analogue controls in k!llzone 2 are here to stay.

"After carefully looking into this, reading the posts, talking to a lot of you directly and analysing the controls at GG we have come to the conclusion that there are no changes required to the system," affirmed Downie.

75 percent of the CVG team disagree.

"If at all, any changes to the controls would put the majority of people who have not had problems or have adapted out of whack, which may be more serious," he said, adding: "Killzone 2 is a weighty, slower, more tactical first person experience that focuses on immersion.

"It is not a twitchy, split-second gun-wielding experience like some shooters. Also, the online experience is quicker as we've made the controls and animations a little faster during design."

Downie had previously said that the slow response of the controls was "down primarily to the design decision to make the game weightier," and suggested that, instead if throwing the sensitivity right up to max, that you "work your way up the sensitivity scale slowly as you become more accustomed to the game".

75 percent of the CVG team had to whack the sensitivity up to max.

Source:

i guess.....i've gotten used to it....but i still suck in multiplayer though
If they made the controls the way they are on purpose....they fu*ked up...really bad.

i think they're just trying to cover up an obvious glitch/poor programming.

it's not so bad that it k!lls the game, and you can adjust to it (the game is still fun) but the controls are a problem. there's videos on youtube showing the delay/lag. the sensitivity is all screwy, it takes way too long to center a good shot, because you can't make tiny adjustments due to the dead zone.

it's a bit of a mind-fu*k for me, because everything seems to be too slow when your trying to move fast, and too fast when your trying to move slow. it's like your playing underwater.
 9 years ago '05        #882
Killamike504 
space
space
$816 | Props total: 276 276
If anbybodies playing ill be on for a while.
Psn:Knightmare504
 9 years ago '05        #883
DtownThugsta313 
space
space
$3,125 | Props total: 2 2
anybody down to squad up tonight around 10 est?
 9 years ago '04        #884
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 693 693
^^ lets get it.
 9 years ago '04        #885
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 DtownThugsta313 said:
anybody down to squad up tonight around 10 est?
I'm down but I won't be able to talk because daughter and son will both be asleep then...

oh wait you said 10est hmm that's 8 here I can come on around 11 est when the kids go to sleep
 9 years ago '04        #886
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
I'm pretty sure I'll be around.
 9 years ago '05        #887
Killamike504 
space
space
$816 | Props total: 276 276
I'm in
 9 years ago '06        #888
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
I'll be on. The higher u rank up the crazier these games get i.e. floating bots, cloaked snipers etc.

Multiplayer really opens up around Lieutenant rank.
 9 years ago '04        #889
fmills15 
space
space
$1,560 | Props total: 19 19
i need a clan. the other thread going empty.
 9 years ago '05        #890
DtownThugsta313 
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
I'm down but I won't be able to talk because daughter and son will both be asleep then...

oh wait you said 10est hmm that's 8 here I can come on around 11 est when the kids go to sleep
aight thats coo ill still be on
 9 years ago '06        #891
kpdawg2006 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,821 | Props total: 186 186
for clan invites u need to send a pm, i dont have sum of ya'll PSN
 9 years ago '05        #892
DtownThugsta313 
space
space
^^ I just added you
 9 years ago '06        #893
swiff epics 3 heat pts
space
space
$577 | Props total: 109 109
koalition clan coming soon
 9 years ago '06        #894
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,524 | Props total: 949 949
more k2 tonight?!
 9 years ago '06        #895
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
too much snow out and i have no boots.
 9 years ago '04        #896
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 jayvivz said:
too much snow out and i have no boots.
I'm loving the game so far...the controls are good to me...but then again I don't nitpick over every small detail either...and it's fu*king gorgous looking so I say YES
 03-02-2009, 09:10 PM         #897
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Controls whiners your wish might come true, GG devs latest info below.

Killzone 2 patch to fix bugs; controls may be adjusted
Officially from the developer GG:

Quote:

* Boost -- We've identified and fixed the bug to do with the boost medal not being awarded. It will go into a patch we are working on at present, but there is a workaround in the mean time to get it. Simply ensure that you are the Game Creator rather than client and you'll be awarded it.

* Network Errors/Honor Ranks -- We are also looking at fixing a good bunch of the network errors and are looking into the complaints about the Honor Ranks as well as a couple of other bits and pieces. We'll provide a list of fixes when we are close to releasing the patch.

* Bots -- We're working on a permanent solution for the bots stat padding and have some internal solutions that we're going to work on implementing. We'll let you know what those are when we've got the patch together and the solution implemented. We will NOT be wiping ALL stats and padders will be looked at individually by the moderators.

* -- is being sorted out today to deal with the massive traffic it's been facing and hope to have some long-term solutions in place shortly. The stats are currently empty on the site and will be repopulated today.

* Controller Issues -- We have not stopped looking into the complaints and will see what we can do about it. Any possible changes will have to be carefully implemented and tested before being deployed though.

* Charge disarming -- We have identified the issue where sometimes the C4 charge in Search and Destroy will not disarm. Will be fixed with the next update.

* Shotgun Aim a.ssist -- Investigating the problem and will patch it up.
* Clan Games -- Sometimes the clan that does not turn up for a match is awarded the win under specific circumstances. Will be patched ASAP.

* Battle Replay for Map 8 - Corinth Crossing -- The BR on is not quite right and will be fixed soon.

* Ignore list -- Was found not to be functioning correctly. Will be fixed in the next patch.

* Crashes -- Crash when using Saboteur disguise in certain situations. Will be fixed in the next patch. Infrequent crash when trying to start a game with an empty game name. Will be fixed soon.

* Medic/Assassination -- There is an issue with the a.ssassination target HUD icon displaying when playing as a Medic. Investigating and will be fixed.

Killa season has return:greetings10:

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 03-02-2009 at 09:12 PM..
 9 years ago '08        #898
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
Da Dopeman is back! lol where you been
 03-02-2009, 09:30 PM         #899
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rent it from what ive noticed people either love it or hate it with really no in between so far. it does look good though
 9 years ago '06        #900
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,524 | Props total: 949 949
no boots? you dont really want the game or else you'd be posting from ur phone bc u got stuck in the snow on ur way back from getting the game. lol jp
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
47 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
45 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
60 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
146 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
193 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy