Official Killzone 2 Thread

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #421
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
50% done :celebrate0::jumping0045:
 02-05-2009, 10:32 AM         #422
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kinda figured, I think people a.ssumed since the demo is 1.2 gigs it could have it
since the MP beta was no more then 460MB.

Don't post right away, just play that joint and come back with Impressions, on the whole experience.
 9 years ago '04        #423
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
Downloading now.
 9 years ago '06        #424
LilBlasta 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,663 | Props total: 5 5
Downloading as well.
 9 years ago '05        #425
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,083 | Props total: 10759 10759
oh sh*t, installing!

I swear... if that sh*t says "FAIL: REGION LOCK" or some sh*t, i'm jumpin out the window
 9 years ago '08        #426
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
nah it works i just beat it i guess lol graphics are GREAT gameplay is fun and smooth i love how it feels. I had to change the sensitivity all the way up and change button settings but thats nothing. i definitely gotta get used to this...but the demo is way too short...WAY too short lol...to be honest i could wait till the game released now im kinda mad that i did dload it cuz it gave me a tiny sip and i am oh so thirsty now...beat it in less than 10 mins and now i sit here...and wait for 2 more weeks or so
 9 years ago '06        #427
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$9,208 | Props total: 2058 2058
so its only out in eu right now?
 9 years ago '05        #428
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
Alright so here are my impressions after playing the demo..

AMAZING

The graphics are CRAZY smooth, i love the color and the industrial look... barely any jagged lines..

Remember how giddy we all got when we first played COD4? Well multiply that feeling by 230948293042

as far as performance goes... there's like a split second "pause" in between sections (but it doesn't happen often) and it's no big deal... with what i saw.. there was 0 framerate problems or screen tearing... performance and graphics wise... for a console game, this sh*t is a BEAST!

The controls will take some getting used to and I see where using Alternate 2 control scheme would take a little getting used to (cover is L2 and zoom/aim is L1) so that's kind of awkward for my hands.. I was almost mad until I saw that i can take the zoom off toggle and put it on hold... when i did that, i felt RIGHT at home with the controls (damn near identical to COD4)

What we REALLY gonna have to get used to is the way these guys move... there's a small lag when ur moving your weapon (I guess GG put some weight on it) so u can't just... super quick aim on enemies... that might change if i up the sensitivity but by default, u definitely get that "weighty" feel to the weapons and running... sprinting is also cool (he doesn't seem to run out of breath when u sprint and u can also reload your weapon while u do it)

Another thing thats kind of dope is if you're just holding the fire button and u run out of bullets, there's no "reload" until u let go so u can empty a clip and then just wear it continue to click until u let go and let it auto reload for u

The weapons are cool to, u get a lil cougar that has infinite ammo and start off with a regular a.ssault rifle with a scope on it... i changed that to some other weapon that didn't have a scope but was powerful enough to end HELGHAST enemies instantly

The animations are great... the way the Helghast take cover if u watch them is mad nice... some sit down with their backs to the wall and point their gun from cover and just fire aimlessly, others duck then pop up and shoot... they even get strategic on you and move from cover to cover if they think they got you pinned....

Man oh Man... this sh*t is just CRAZY... only thing that sucked was that it ended, i'm going to go through one more round of this demo and then i'm going to begin shaking like Pookie going through withdrawal.
 9 years ago '08        #429
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
yeah, i still hope that the GS codes will give a different demo lol well im goin to sleep now 2:11am...peace hopefully ill wake up and check this and everyone has somethin
 9 years ago '05        #430
gordo 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,483 | Props total: 0 0

Europe has done it again. k!llzone 2 has gone platinum in the region three weeks before it has even been released. UK newspaper The Guardian broke the news in an interview with SCEE president David Reeves; 1.1 million copies of k!llzone 2 have already been preordered in Europe. Judging from the review scores, it's easy to see why. We certainly had very favorable things to say about the game in our review. You don't have long to wait before you can try it out yourself. The demo will be out on the PSN store later today.

With three weeks left to the game's release, that number is sure to increase, especially when Sony launches its £2m advertising campaign later this month.
 9 years ago '04        #431
Peter Starks™ 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,217 | Props total: 223 223
..code doesnt work yet.
its ok i'll wait.
 02-05-2009, 11:26 AM         #432
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
P the game has weight on it because unlike COD games, this isn't a floating gun
you are actually moving the guy around in his FP perspective, think Mirror's Edge type feel but the dude has all that gear on, I like that in the MP beta where it feel like the motion of it all had a CG feel to it, very immersive.

I think you should play the demo again and notice lil details and sh*t, look at the ground/lighting and effects you didn't noticed on the first playthrough, I found myself looking at the ground textures on the MP beta, I will probably do that even worse in Single Player where the visuals are even better.

I can't wait to play later when I get home

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 02-05-2009 at 11:28 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #433
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
 DA DOPEMAN said:
P the game has weight on it because unlike COD games, this isn't a floating gun
you are actually moving the guy around in his FP perspective, think Mirror's Edge type feel but the dude has all that gear on, I like that in the MP beta where it feel like the motion of it all had a CG feel to it, very immersive.

I think you should play the demo again and notice lil details and sh*t, look at the ground/lighting and effects you didn't noticed on the first playthrough, I found myself looking at the ground textures on the MP beta, I will probably do that even worse in Single Player where the visuals are even better.

I can't wait to play later when I get home
yup, even with the sensitivity up, it still has weight to it.

I'm going to go through it for a 3rd time (yes a 3rd time) just to notice more "little" things that make this game great
 9 years ago '06        #434
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$9,208 | Props total: 2058 2058
only at 20%
 9 years ago '04        #435
space
space
Wow, this sh*t is beautiful. The game is so fu*king polished. If I had a gripe, ah fu*k it I have no gripes. This is how every PS3 exclusive needs to be done. I thought I was going to hate the cover system, but it works. I wish more FPS titles did this. I know it's only a demo and it's really early, but this has GOTY written all over it. I was in the middle of playing through RFOM and now I can't after playing this sh*t.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 02-05-2009 at 12:02 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #436
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
 kuruption81 said:
Wow, this sh*t is beautiful. The game is so fu*king polished. If I had a gripe, ah fu*k it I have no gripes.
c mon you Xbot... it's gotta be SOMETHING
 9 years ago '04        #437
space
space
 P-Hill said:
c mon you Xbot... it's gotta be SOMETHING
Nope, it's pretty perfect IMO. Like Joekilla said, it's not a floating gun it feels more realistic than any shooter that I've ever played. Stop calling me a damn Xbot, I have two PS3s
 9 years ago '04        #438
Peter Starks™ 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,217 | Props total: 223 223
i been wanting to try single player ever since i had the beta.
Nap Time.. i'll probably play after work tho.
 9 years ago '05        #439
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space

Nah honestly, I agree... i have 0 gripes with the game as well... nothing stands out as "ah this could have been done better"... aside from MGS4, this feels like the most polished game yet this generation... now if the MP is as dope as people in the beta say it is... then WOW
 9 years ago '04        #440
# 58 
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 100 100
*goes to check NA code*
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
23 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
49 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
184 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy