Album Flops Of The Year

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
205 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
134 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-02-2008, 06:23 PM         #1
7999 pageviews
23 comments

REAL-TALK500 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Album Flops Of The Year

Ace Hood... 24,701 st week
Q-Tip...
Yung Berg...19k st week
Yung Joc...

Wu Tangimage

that album that got wont even hit shelves

Last edited by REAL-TALK500; 12-02-2008 at 06:34 PM..

23 comments for "Album Flops Of The Year"

9 years ago '06        #2
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 8935 8935
i ain't even know q-tip album came out. what was his first week? n how much he sell so far?

o yeah, LL cool J flopped too. i think fat joe flopped too.
 12-02-2008, 06:30 PM         #3
REAL-TALK500  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 waytoomuch said:
i ain't even know q-tip album came out. what was his first week? n how much he sell so far?

o yeah, LL cool J flopped too. i think fat joe flopped too.
According to Wikipedia...

he did 34k 1st week and 40k overall...
 12-02-2008, 07:02 PM         #4
GOODmusic_1015  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And the winner is....

Team Blackout

So, “Team Blackout,” huh? Yeah, the group is a little cheesy and it features JoJo Simmons—son of Reverend Run, star of Run’s House—but c’mon, who can get mad at wholesome rap for the kids? We were totally fine with letting them live…until our inbox was bombarded with emails promoting the group’s Lights Out album, which dropped last Tuesday. Noooooooooope!!!(c) Jim Jones. Time for a lil’ kufi-smacking.

Like Jigga said—men lie, women lie, but numbers don’t. Sadly, Team Blackout didn’t even make the Billboard Top 200 album chart, so we had to hit our homey with Soundscan access to get us the first-week sales. The numbers? 210 units. As in: Two. Hundred. Ten. And that includes copies bought by the Simmons clan. fu*k, we could pull three rugrats off the street and move more units! Still, Team Blackout is hardly the first act to exploit family credentials en route to a failed rap career.

9 years ago '05        #5
Black Moses 
space
space
$1,541 | Props total: 408 408
 REAL-TALK500 said:
According to Wikipedia...

he did 34k 1st week and 40k overall...
BET won't play Q-Tip's video, which is a fu*king disgrace and just another reason not to watch that **** a.ss network. These are the biggest flops of the year IMO. Note that these albums are no longer charting so they're basically done selling.

G-Unit - TOS 185k (First album sold over 4 million)
Nelly - Brass Knuckles 161k (terrible )
N.E.R.D. - Seeing Sounds 163k (The lowest selling of their 3 releases)
Fat Joe- Elephant in the Room 55k
Trina - Still the Baddest 122k
Young Berg - Look What You Made Me 86k (album didn't crack the top 100 in Canada or the UK, s3xy Can I was a platinum single)
LL Cool J - Exit 13 50k (his worst selling album yet)

I mean these are artists with a name that had a big hit in their past. I can't count Ace Hood or Styles P, Sheek, Hell Rell etc. Those are underground artists that aren't expected to move that much but i mean Nelly 161,000 with all those features is abysmal. G-Unit can't even move 200k? LL doing 50k is an embarrassment. He blamed Def jam of course. He thought he would do 300k his first week Sure L...Wu-Tang dropped late 07 so i can't count them. That Team Blackout is a good one but I don''t follow the show and obviously nobody else cared enough to buy the album but 210 copies sold is pretty sad

Another note. Bun B's II Trill album outsold all those popular artists I just listed. He did 206k on Asylum. Not bad...yea Bun B outsold LL Cool J 4 to 1
 12-02-2008, 07:39 PM         #6
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
was qtips album really expected to put up numbers?

calling his album a flop is like calling a 5th rounder in the nfl draft a flop for not putting up probowl numbers
 9 years ago '04        #7
badboy600 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,357 | Props total: 1575 1575
Nelly should have just took an L and shelved that Album. Usher did it once with that All about u album that never saw the light of day and Monica cancelled that all eyez on me joint a few years ago. If none of your singles pop (in nelly's case it was 5 of them)why even try to put it out??
 9 years ago '04        #8
Soulcontrollah|M 
space
space
$1,183 | Props total: 0 0
Why diss Q-Tip for low album sales? He didn't have a video or radio single, or any real marketing budget so how much do you expect him to sell? And aren't threads like this a little fu*king rediculous? How many people here do you think buy albums when there's that other part of the forum called the jukebox? That's just one of the places where people download new albums from, in addition to hundreds of other message boards and blogs, as well as p2p networks and torrent sites. There's also itunes and various other sites to buy music from, so how does all of that figure into how many people actually have these albums? On one hand you have people insulting albums for not selling well, but than you ask somebody what was the last cd they bought and they'll probably say that they don't buy cd's anymore, so what's the point of sh*t like this? Do you honestly believe that record sales equate quality music or talented artists, well MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice sold millions of albums yet I've never heard anybody say that they're amongst the best rappers of all time.

Last edited by Soulcontrollah; 12-02-2008 at 08:01 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #9
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 9 9
Did n*ggas really forget about Rocko.....
 9 years ago '07        #10
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
 Soulcontrollah said:
Why diss Q-Tip for low album sales? He didn't have a video or radio single, or any real marketing budget so how much do you expect him to sell? .
 Black Moses said:
BET won't play Q-Tip's video, which is a fu*king disgrace and just another reason not to watch that **** a.ss network.
These two statements are very false

Ive seen wit my own 2 eyes Q tip gettin up on 106 and park and mtv jams and his new single wit the old school look.Ive seen on BET and MTV Jams

And Gettin up was a semi hit sh*t was gettin heavy spins on tv
 12-02-2008, 08:08 PM         #11
REAL-TALK500  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Soulcontrollah said:
Why diss Q-Tip for low album sales? He didn't have a video or radio single, or any real marketing budget so how much do you expect him to sell? And aren't threads like this a little fu*king rediculous? How many people here do you think buy albums when there's that other part of the forum called the jukebox? That's just one of the places where people download new albums from, in addition to hundreds of other message boards and blogs, as well as p2p networks and torrent sites. There's also itunes and various other sites to buy music from, so how does all of that figure into how many people actually have these albums? On one hand you have people insulting albums for not selling well, but than you ask somebody what was the last cd they bought and they'll probably say that they don't buy cd's anymore, so what's the point of sh*t like this? Do you honestly believe that record sales equate quality music or talented artists, well MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice sold millions of albums yet I've never heard anybody say that they're amongst the best rappers of all time.

what rock have you been living under..
 12-02-2008, 08:18 PM         #12
ferrari f-50  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black Moses said:
BET won't play Q-Tip's video, which is a fu*king disgrace and just another reason not to watch that **** a.ss network. These are the biggest flops of the year IMO. Note that these albums are no longer charting so they're basically done selling.

G-Unit - TOS 185k (First album sold over 4 million)
Nelly - Brass Knuckles 161k (terrible )
N.E.R.D. - Seeing Sounds 163k (The lowest selling of their 3 releases)
Fat Joe- Elephant in the Room 55k
Trina - Still the Baddest 122k
Young Berg - Look What You Made Me 86k (album didn't crack the top 100 in Canada or the UK, s3xy Can I was a platinum single)
LL Cool J - Exit 13 50k (his worst selling album yet)

I mean these are artists with a name that had a big hit in their past. I can't count Ace Hood or Styles P, Sheek, Hell Rell etc. Those are underground artists that aren't expected to move that much but i mean Nelly 161,000 with all those features is abysmal. G-Unit can't even move 200k? LL doing 50k is an embarrassment. He blamed Def jam of course. He thought he would do 300k his first week Sure L...Wu-Tang dropped late 07 so i can't count them. That Team Blackout is a good one but I don''t follow the show and obviously nobody else cared enough to buy the album but 210 copies sold is pretty sad

Another note. Bun B's II Trill album outsold all those popular artists I just listed. He did 206k on Asylum. Not bad...yea Bun B outsold LL Cool J 4 to 1

where did you get these numbers from?
 9 years ago '07        #13
Hunedz|M 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,414 | Props total: 3 3
Team Blackout 210 first week??? really..??
 9 years ago '04        #14
Soulcontrollah|M 
space
space
$1,183 | Props total: 0 0
 REAL-TALK500 said:
what rock have you been living under..
I don't live under a rock and I don't watch BET or MTV or listen to the radio because I know that they play mostly sh*t. And if he does have a single and video, than fine I was mistaken about that, I'm not checking for his album or any other artist who's been mentioned in this thread, but I don't really care about how much an album sells. Here's a reality check:

Most People Don't Buy CD's Anymore

Yet some people seem to think that this isn't the case, and that downloading music isn't really as prevalent as it is. If you made this thread 10 years ago when buying the CD from the store was the only option than that would be more appropriate, but it's 2008, and if you want an album you don't have to pay for it, that's just the way it is. Just because an album sells a lot doesn't mean it's good, and thanks to technology it's a two-way street now, which means that just because an album doesn't sell doesn't mean that it isn't popular, but in any event it doesn't matter because good music is good music and sh*tty music is sh*tty music, regardless of how many people buy it or download it.

Last edited by Soulcontrollah; 12-02-2008 at 09:00 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #15
itsyaboydub 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,038 | Props total: 0 0
G-Unit
Nelly
LL
 12-03-2008, 12:29 PM         #16
Es0_puka  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
someone like yung berg wouldn't even be on my radar if i was thinking of buying a recent hiphop album what a waste a**hole.. same goe's for LL
 9 years ago '07        #17
Lamrock 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,093 | Props total: 16 16
^^ true at young berg lol

but i think its a real shame about q tip the album is very good
 9 years ago '08        #18
ByrdManJR. 1 heat pts
space
space
$544 | Props total: 2 2
LOL at NOOOOBody mentioning Nas

Even Bill O'Reilly ethered him on his record sales

smh
 9 years ago '05        #19
Black Moses 
space
space
$1,541 | Props total: 408 408
 ferrari f-50 said:
where did you get these numbers from?
Billboard.com, google, and wikipedia.

ByrdManJR. said:
LOL at NOOOOBody mentioning Nas

Even Bill O'Reilly ethered him on his record sales

smh
"As of October 26, 2008, the album has sold 407,133 copies in the United States and has been certified gold by the RIAA.[21] The album also did moderately well in other countries, charting in Ireland, Canada, and the United Kingdom." -Wikipedia the source is hiphopdx and their source is billboard.com.

That's not a flop. Disappointing? Maybe considering the hype but going gold these days is tough. Ask Nelly, Chingy, Wu-Tang, GUnit, LL Cool J, Lupe, David Banner, Neptunes, etc.
 9 years ago '06        #20
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,948 | Props total: 13569 13569
 SC1 said:
Did n*ggas really forget about Rocko.....
who

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
15 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy