Steph Kegels
83 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
54 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
116 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #101
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,471 | Props total: 4416 4416
Nate Dogg
Akon
T-Pain
Krayzie Bone
Devin the Dude
Chamillionaire
50-Cent
Z-ro
 9 years ago '07        #102
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,451 | Props total: 16222 16222
 regularjoe said:
It's easy to see the people picking Nate Dogg are hating on T-Pain at the same time. There is no concrete answer to this question/statement. IMHO T-Pain AND Akon are better than Nate Dogg. I love Nate's hooks (Till I Collapse, Too Much, How Long Will They Mourn Me, Cant Deny It, etc).

I just feel T-Pain and Akon are better.

Akon's hooks actually have some emotion to them, where as Nate's hooks are relatively similar, laid back appeal to them.

T-Pain.... his sh*t always sounds good to me. I've never heard a whack hook from T-Pain. Even his sh*t where it sounds goofy (Example: See Cory Gunz new single), still sounds right.

Hate if you want, that's just my opinion.

Hooks aside, actual songs: Akon > T-Pain > Nate. (We all know Nate can't make a good cd).

(For the record, I almost prefer Devin the Dude to all of them, but that's not the point).
never a hater but I'd agree with akon cosign here, not t-pain. When he starts doin hooks with out it come holler. Thats the whole attraction to him. Otherwise I guarantee styles P with t-pain on the hook wouldn't work like Akon did...Nate dogg too. I think it boils down to what lanes you can play in nah mean. T-pain has one lane...auto-tune. And now that people is stealin it his lane is closing
 9 years ago '04        #103
nicoled985 22 heat pts22
space
space
$14,341 | Props total: 4476 4476
 Magnificent Phoenix said:
Nate Dogg was a one hit pony

T-Pain sold more records and made more hits and made more money in 4 years than Nate Dogg has his whole career.

T-Pain makes whole records, Nate Dogg sang a few hooks

Records > Hooks

Album sales > Hooks

Non-thugs > Thugs

Diversity > Same old sh*t

Get mad.

Show me popularity scales, album sales, singles sales, ringtone sales, and diversity of listeners, and there's one clear winner. T-Pain.

Yep. The only people who think Nate Dogg is king of the hook are people who dislike T-Pain.

Anyone who can appreciate BOTH realizes that T-Pain is more successful.

He's got the MIDAS TOUCH!
Quantity does not equate to Quality and you should know that. Stop worrying about another man's money, worry about his music that's what the thread is about, not about how many records he sold (aka the money he made)
 9 years ago '04        #104
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 1784 1784
T-Pain has more hook hits den Nate Dogg already so how is he not better? u can name 3 or 4 great nate dogg hooks, but any t-pain song released on da radio from him was fire..
 9 years ago '05        #105
T-Heazy 
space
space
$414 | Props total: 6 6
I gotta agree with fam. That T-Pain shyt be fire
 12-03-2008, 07:21 PM         #106
mr.hades 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ewwwwww..... they are wackkkkkkkkkkkkkk
 9 years ago '05        #107
hustlerz dream 
space
space
$1,035 | Props total: 8 8
here is what i think about this

akon you crazy if you think nate dogg is not good no more he is the best if u ask me in what he does no one can touch hands down.

akon was good older songs now days i hear some sell out songs. before i liked almost all the track akon did but now its just like he said all for money if your a no one and have money to pay him for a track he will do it without how good u are.

t-pain what can i say about him. he is full of pus*y music. he has like few tracks i liked. but he is just not even close to compair to nate dogg are you kidding me

over all NATE DOGG see you soon get well and i hope to see him on DETOX
 03-03-2009, 07:11 AM         #108
Lord Hater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol T-Pain is a fu*kin no singing loser who needs a studio to make him radio worthy.

Thats the bottom line.

@ people actually thinking he is better than nate
 9 years ago '04        #109
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 12 12
When you start breaking down the music , especially in something as basic as rap where everything is done for you except for talking on the mic ( yes talking , theres hardly any vocals happening worthwhile , you pretty much talk or rhyme on the mic anyone can do it )

to go on and call someone a hook king ? really ? someone who prerecords his short bar that plays through the mid section of every song .... wow ... lets congratulate t-pain for mastering this incredible trait by contributing something as insignificant in music as a ( hook in rap ) .. a dying breed of music ....

my 2 cents , you dont have to agree , you dont have to say sh*t to me cause i more then likely wont be back on this thread to read it ....
 9 years ago '06        #110
Bigmouf 
space
space
$927 | Props total: 866 866
Nate Dogg still da sh*t, cant touch him...these n*ggaz aint even close. But they got tight hooks....for now.
 03-03-2009, 08:30 AM         #111
CollectorsItem 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
y'all talking like nate dogg still in the game.
i aint saying he ISN'T a legend [ cuz he is ]
BUT his prime time is up and now tpain is at bat.

just like all legendary people.... time passes

SO now y'all got to get off Nates d*ck! and accept it
 9 years ago '04        #112
mista SYN 
space
space
space
$274 | Props total: 0 0
How many of Nate's albums were actually good? actually sold well? G-Funk Classics? Music and Me? If it weren't for Nate's hooks on Regulate, Area Codes, It Ain't No Fun, Shake That, Tha Next Episode, All About U....nobody would be saying shyt....Nate is only considered a legend because he was from a legendary era of rap. T-Pain is holding the hooks down right now. T-Pain > Nate *period*

Also, for saying that a hook really isn't shyt, because it is a prerecorded bars to loop throughout the song....the hook is actually the most important part of the song....its wat most people remember from the song and usually the title of the song. You hardly hear people reciting the whole verse then say that they forgot what the hook was.

Last edited by mista SYN; 03-03-2009 at 09:19 AM..
 03-03-2009, 09:41 AM         #113
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
let me here t-pain actually sing something other then a hook......can he sing with out the vocalizer ?
 9 years ago '04        #114
DubA169 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,737 | Props total: 0 0
ARE ALL OF YOU 14 YEARS OLD?

THIS MOTHER fu*kER CAN'T SING!!! HE USES A VOCALIZER. YALL ARE ON SOME fu*kING DUST.

HE IS NOT A SINGER.

you know when you get that robotic voice thats how far away from the right tone you are. the more robotic the voice sounds the more it's fixing up his "singing". you people are fu*king lost talking boiut whos more successful blah blah. who cares? yall see that money?
 9 years ago '04        #115
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,763 | Props total: 6171 6171
The only thing T-Pain has over Nate is making solo albums with sucessful numbers. Plus I want to see is T-Pain can last another 4-5 years in the game. If he can its over, he'll with that title w/o any questions.
 9 years ago '04        #116
l0udm0uf 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,678 | Props total: 3 3
this thread is clownshoes

NAte wins
 9 years ago '06        #117
Badnewz100 
space
space
$4,603 | Props total: 3691 3691
Nate Dogg started this hook man sh*t, and this the muthafu*kin thanks he gets...
 9 years ago '05        #118
caliblacc 1 heat pts
space
space
$942 | Props total: 71 71
Nate Dogg wins hands down with no special effects and he was on top over 10 years vers. 2 or 3 years. n*gga please lol
 03-03-2009, 11:46 AM         #119
Mcmasterlock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
t-pain is only a fad,i give him about 3 more years,sh*t Nate Dogg is sick and stuff so he can't defend his self,but some of these west coast rappers need to sit Akon and T-pain down on this sh*t quick,sh*t my moms like Nate dogg and she don't even like Hip-hop like that.
Nate Dogg regualtors hook>t-pain whole career
 03-03-2009, 11:50 AM         #120
Mcmasterlock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cold_young_thug said:
T-Pain has more hook hits den Nate Dogg already so how is he not better? u can name 3 or 4 great nate dogg hooks, but any t-pain song released on da radio from him was fire..
but Nate dog hooks are classics,that's buy u a drink and stripper sh*t is only for the moment.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
71 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
64 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy