Kanye West - 808s And Heartbreak (2008)

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Rate 808's and Heartbreak
1 Mic (Straight Trash) 70 15.77%
2 Mics 56 12.61%
3 Mics (Decent enough....It'll do I guess) 69 15.54%
4 Mics 142 31.98%
5 Mics (Classic) 107 24.10%
Voters: 444. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11-21-2008, 03:15 AM         #161
DaPlaya641  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just got home from work....i bumped it on the ride home.....kinda wish a gave it a 5 instead of a 4 now..........
my reason is bcuz the production was tight as fu*k too
 9 years ago '04        #162
oncue 
space
space
space
$1,461 | Props total: 0 0
LIKE A BAGILLION PEOPLE SAID BEFORE ME: IF YOU'RE EXPECTING A RAP ALBUM YOU MIGHT BE PISSED, BUT IF YOU UNDERSTAND FROM THE JUMP WHAT THIS DUDE IS TRYING TO DO, YOU WILL GET IT. HE'S TRYING TO BE A MUSICAL ARTIST, NOT A "RAPPER" OR A HIP-HOP ARTIST, THE MAN STRIVES TO DO EVERYTHING -- SO FOR HIM SALUTE. THE ALBUM DESERVES A 4. WHAT OTHER DUDE CAN PULL THIS OFF, DROP THOSE SINGLES AND STILL HAVE HATERS TALKING ABOUT THIS TYPE sh*t? YOU CAN'T.
 9 years ago '04        #163
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
 oncue said:
LIKE A BAGILLION PEOPLE SAID BEFORE ME: IF YOU'RE EXPECTING A RAP ALBUM YOU MIGHT BE PISSED, BUT IF YOU UNDERSTAND FROM THE JUMP WHAT THIS DUDE IS TRYING TO DO, YOU WILL GET IT. HE'S TRYING TO BE A MUSICAL ARTIST, NOT A "RAPPER" OR A HIP-HOP ARTIST, THE MAN STRIVES TO DO EVERYTHING -- SO FOR HIM SALUTE. THE ALBUM DESERVES A 4. WHAT OTHER DUDE CAN PULL THIS OFF, DROP THOSE SINGLES AND STILL HAVE HATERS TALKING ABOUT THIS TYPE sh*t? YOU CAN'T.
Or you could be someone who wasn't expecting a rap album, who listens to all sorts of music and doesn't have a problem with a rapper making a non-rap album, and you just think this album sucks, whatever the genre.
 9 years ago '06        #164
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,230 | Props total: 319 319
 poloboy69 said:
kanye is a genious! This album isnt about him singing or it isnt about him not rapping! Its clearly a process when of a artist to try something totally different. He was forced by his interactions and thoughts to create this masterpiece! Now this is like less than a months work and it sounds great! Clearly the best production since graduation last year! This dude isnt letting people down at all! Some artist have to be weird and some have to only be normal! I think him, cee lo green, lupe fiasco, andre 3000, all share a common of creating weird music and it sounds great! I miss the old days of pharrell music! That first n.e.r.d cd! It kinda started that weird music and its translated into what should have its on genre! Pharrell lemme down by making his music simplier! I like the confusing what are u singing about pharrell! Kanye brought that vibe back for me! He didnt even abuse the auto tune! T pain abuses it alot! Kanye blended it into his vocals and it made him sound great!
it's not different you idiot! He's using auto-tune! What is wrong with you people talking about this cd being different. It's not! He is copying another persons style, ie: T-pain!
 9 years ago '06        #165
diVERSEity 
space
space
$3,978 | Props total: 0 0
My short review:
The amazing minimalistic and constantly progressing production creates a perfectly coherent sound, which holds together the clear concept of this album. The multi-faceted and catchy melodious patterns ensure a sonic diversity and provide for a high replay value.
I also find the auto-tune and voice effects are not the least bit bothersome, since they only add to the overall atmosphere. A possible weak-point can be seen in the lyrical simplicity, but the album's intention is geared towards danceability and easy-listening anyway so that argument is rather negligible.
It is in no shape or form a hip-hop album and thus is not to be approached that way. Underneath its unorthodox shell however there is actually quite an outstanding piece of music that should not be dismissed too easily.
 9 years ago '04        #166
MrNickNick 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,774 | Props total: 106 106
i gave it a 4, if only it had more tracks.... i like every track except the last one "pinnochio story", the end of "robocop" had be bustin up... hearing him sing "oooooooooh ur kidding me, HAHA that was a good one, ur first good 1 in awhileeeeeeee"
 9 years ago '06        #167
NCAT_Boi 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,518 | Props total: 19 19
sh*t's cool to me...i think folks went into listening to this CD with a preconceived notion of what it was gon' be and i think it was total opposite. i think for the most part people are gonna listen more for the autotune sh*t than anything. i really didn't pay attention to the fact that he was using it...the beats were nice...and some of the lyrics hit on some stuff...
 9 years ago '05        #168
beatboyheatboy 
space
space
$2,823 | Props total: 56 56
i cant get jiggy wit dis sh*t...
 9 years ago '04        #169
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
sh*t is too suck. 2/5
 9 years ago '04        #170
kg81 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 101 101
Look I feel the production, but this is not a classic or different album. Kayne could have made this album better by being like Timbaland producing an album with other artist doing the singing or rapping. When Ye LR n*ggas was mad cause it was different but his last two cd's dont even match his 3 best songs from that album IMO. His sales went down and he started bi*chin' cause it wasn't recieved well, but was his best or 2nd best album to me. I can't wait to see what he does when the revies for this album come out. I like Ye but people on here saying its a classic are the same people who hate on Tpain and will hate on Diddy when he does the same thing.
 9 years ago '05        #171
BoxdenSleuth 26 heat pts26
space
space
space
$1,274 | Props total: 97 97
Album of the year. Easily.
 9 years ago '05        #172
Obscene 
space
space
$1,269 | Props total: 0 0
it has definitely grown on me since i first listened to it. its different, but a good different. kanye is making quality music, its that simple. he's a artist, not a rapper. unlike some other dudes in the industry.
4/5
 9 years ago '08        #173
ingtoo! 
space
space
$739 | Props total: 2 2
This album is a classic!!! 5 stars easily. The only thing you ask from an artist is to elevate each time out and thats what Ye did. Some people think its a risk to go the route he went but thats what true artist do, THEY TAKE RISK!!!, In his case it works out perfectly. If your a fan music (NOT JUST HIP HOP!!!) this album shouldn't be a disapointment.

Last edited by ingtoo!; 11-25-2008 at 07:06 PM..
 11-21-2008, 07:38 PM         #174
King Eros  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BoxdenSleuth said:
Album of the year. Easily.
ur a moron---88 keys over this---said it before, not a great album by a long shot but def not a bad either---3/5---these days when peepz say "classic" i just take it as they like it a lot for a quick minute, so they'll call most anything "classic"

Last edited by King Eros; 11-21-2008 at 07:41 PM..
 11-21-2008, 08:06 PM         #175
GOODmusic_1015  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This album has to be one of the worst attempts at music I've heard in a long time. Kanye has abandoned hsi fans and has attempted at becoming a pop star, well Mr.West failed miserably. This album has a good 3 or 4 decent tracks the rest are trash. THe production is awful, the two major guest appearences are f*gs, and kanye cant sing with or without the autotune. He should really just take some time off and get his sh*t back together and drop "A Good a.ss Job" because this sh*t wont work. I'm a very mature individual and understand him lettign his emotions show btu at the end of the day his job is to make good music and this album is teh opposite of that. I'm a very diverse listener and being a kanye fan, buying the last three albums, and even buying a record label tee I give this album :thumbsdow
 11-21-2008, 10:07 PM         #176
Awperator2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there are a lot of haters in here.

4/5 easily. one of my top10 for the year
 11-21-2008, 11:08 PM         #177
Krazy K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2 mics

Complete letdown as I'm a huge Kanye fan. Ddidn't he learn from when Mos made New Danger? I will be copping Theater of the mind over this next week
 9 years ago '07        #178
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,608 | Props total: 918 918
welcome to heartbreak is one of my favorite yeezy tracks, period.

all the beats on this cd are BANGIN. so, as a producer, this sh*t is a masterpiece. as an entire package, i still fu*k wit it, just not as much. after listening to the whole sh*t, i can appreciate kanye's "different" talk a little more than after hearing those first couple mediocre a.ss songs. love lockdown was a terrible track to leak first.
 9 years ago '04        #179
Ghost13 
space
space
$2,282 | Props total: 3 3
This album is dope. I thought I was gonna get tired of the auto-tune but (as Kanye said) it emphasizes his emotions in the songs.

I'm giving it a 4 on it's own, no comparisons.

Favorite Tracks:
Amazin'
Heartless
Paranoid
Robocop
See You In My Nightmare
Coldest Winter
 9 years ago '04        #180
kc10785 
space
space
$4,270 | Props total: 170 170
Whats funny is that everybody who said they loved the album talking about people who don't like say yall went into the album thinking it would be a hip hop album. How dumb u sound all the tracks that leak was no where near hip hop We all knew what we was getting.

There is a lot of people that is on bx who listens to more then just rap music so just because u love this cd don't believe the next person have to agree with it.This is a Hate or Love type of cd realize that.Just because a person don't like a cd doesn't mean he doesn't like real music maybe he just don't like this album.

All yall say this is fresh music maybe yall don't think out the box cuz pop albums like this has been made by other pop artist and yall have never came into this section and made a thread about another pop album.It took a hip hop artist to bring you over to another genre.So You tell me who really knows all types of music

2.5/5 just not a good cd period in my eyes no hate just how i feel if yall love this cd im glad yall found that great album u was in need for no hate towards yall

Last edited by kc10785; 11-22-2008 at 09:52 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy