Kanye West - 808s And Heartbreak (2008)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Rate 808's and Heartbreak
1 Mic (Straight Trash) 70 15.77%
2 Mics 56 12.61%
3 Mics (Decent enough....It'll do I guess) 69 15.54%
4 Mics 142 31.98%
5 Mics (Classic) 107 24.10%
Voters: 444. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #141
masterace1 
space
space
$246 | Props total: 0 0
on some real sh*t dis cd straight u got to really like music to get into it and i ain't no fan of dat auto-tune nonsense either but it's still straight tho
 9 years ago '04        #142
kirra84 
space
space
$43 | Props total: 0 0
I definitely give it a 5...it's different, it has a concept..it's KanYe!
 9 years ago '04        #143
got_fire 
space
space
space
$377 | Props total: 0 0
I have no idea what Kanye is thinking, get off T-pains d*ck, who is straight wack. There's like three or 4 good tracks or that I can actually listen to. Kanye made an R&B Cd whoever calls this hip-hop is smoking crack.
 9 years ago '04        #144
kc10785 
space
space
$4,270 | Props total: 170 170
Andre 3000 Love Below>>>>>>Ye 808's and Heartbreak

Im not hating i don't have a problem with rappers branching off cuz i bump foreign exchange and love below.My problem with this cd is that the songs are not good and the Auto tune makes it worst.He's not a good singer and with the autotune u just need to be a decent singer to sound good (Tpain).I went into this cd with hate cuz of the leak tracks sounding like garbage but I still listen to the whole cd open minded key word "whole" cd so i can give a honest opinion about this and i still don't like it.
 9 years ago '04        #145
kc10785 
space
space
 kirra84 said:
I definitely give it a 5...it's different, it has a concept..it's KanYe!
whats that? I hate your fu*king guts you trifflin bi*ch So im going to dedicate a whole cd to you sounding like a crying bi*ch
 9 years ago '04        #146
kc10785 
space
space
 masterace1 said:
on some real sh*t dis cd straight u got to really like music to get into it and i ain't no fan of dat auto-tune nonsense either but it's still straight tho
So people don't like music cuz they think kanye is on that bullsh*t and bascailly the songs is not hot.
 11-20-2008, 07:51 PM         #147
titebuoy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4/5, its not a rap album people its just music, Ye made good music point blank period
 9 years ago '04        #148
kc10785 
space
space
 Jamaro85 said:
I have to be honest.

I feel Kanye's emotion and where he's coming from. But do you know how many other artists put all their emotion into their music? That argument alone cannot defend this album's flaws (or what I feel to be flaws). Can you honestly tell me the production on here is good? I understand that he was sticking with the 808 machine through this as well as the autotune. Can you call that a concept? I suppose. Does that make it good? Not necessarily.

And to get this out of the way, please stop using the argument that people who aren't feeling this are trapped in a box and refuse to expand their musical tastes. I listen to many genres, to at least give them a chance, as I'm sure many others on here do.

If I just listen to the message I really feel where he's coming from. I understand that he has to use the autotune in order for him to make the vocal delivery that he wanted. But this is far from mindblowing. There are many eclectic artists out there, but I'm guessing that the majority of you defending this album don't give those guys a chance. This is something different to you so its fresh, and because its out the box you a.ssume that is the reason people don't like it. We all knew what to expect from this, and it wasn't a rap album. For what he was trying to accomplish I don't think the execution was great. Actually, I think the whole concept to begin with is flawed and would've been difficult to pull off masterfully.

I do like some tracks on here. Say You Will, Welcome To Heartbreak, Amazing, Love Lockdown (first hearing this led me to believe this album had the potential to be great), Paranoid, Street Lights, Coldest Winter.

Yes, that is more than half of the tracks of the album. With that said I like these songs to some degree, in that they are tolerable. By no means is this album bad, I'd say its a decent album. But calling this a classic? That is a REACH to me. People are really making parallels to The Love Below? That is doing a GREAT injustice to Dre's album. I don't think the two are even close in quality. The songs that I "like" on here are catchy. But some of the lyrics/vocals on here are not good.

I will probably let this ride in the whip a couple more times; maybe my headphone impressions aren't giving this album the proper chance. I will say that this is not a bad album. I'm just reading wayyyyyyyyyy too much d*ckriding of this album. Kanye has a lot of fans, especially on here, and I think you will like anything he does. I was a HUGE Kanye fan before College Dropout. The mixtapes, the singles he was producing for other people - crack. After Late Registration he went downhill to me. Graduation was lukewarm, and this is nothing great. I normally wouldn't type up an essay on an album if I really wasn't feeling it, but as a Kanye FAN I feel I had to do this, especially since my opinion obviously differs from those of a lot of you on here. If you take offense in being called a d*ckrider, then this whole essay is likely directed to you. Sorry, but those are just my thoughts.

As for album of the year, this year in general has been weak for hip-hop so I can see why some of you are riding this so hard. There really hasn't been a whole lot to be excited about I guess, at least not for me. Two albums that are far superior to this to me though are Rising Down and The Renaissance. If I need to name the artists of those albums then I guess you are like these other cats who you are called close-minded.

P.S. Holy sh*t that is a long read, sorry
agree 100% with your point if u really want to be real let lil wayne make this same album same lyrics same beats and auto tune level he would be even more of a joke to yall on bx.But since Ye do it it's a classic people throw that classic word around to much in the last 5 years it hasn't been to many classic cd's drop.Yall might thought it was best thing ever when it first came out but when is the last time u put that so called classic in your cd changer.This Album is a 3 at best
 9 years ago '07        #149
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6134 6134
 Woody said:
As much as I like this album, I wouldnt count on that....why?
because next friday is black friday which usually garners a lot of cd sales. kanye can very well do 1mill or more
 9 years ago '07        #150
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6134 6134
I gave it a 4/5

I think auto tune is very annoying but I understand the art direction and vision. the lyrics are great, I love the 808's, and the overall feel of the album is euphoric. I don't listen to much rap music so this is right down my alley.

say you will
street lights
coldest winter

my top 3 on the album
 11-20-2008, 08:56 PM         #151
Rob_136  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CuZzA said:
Unfortunately, people are too 'gangsta' to appreciate good music.
Not me and this isn't good music.
 9 years ago '04        #152
juelz_cam 
space
space
$1,563 | Props total: 0 0
I voted 5/5 But it's not a classic !!It's just the best Album that dropped this year (For me) !! I'm Feeling every track ! I didn't skip one ! It's GOOD Music!!....... Now waiting on Good a.ss Job!!:D
 9 years ago '05        #153
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1671 1671
 got_fire said:
I have no idea what Kanye is thinking, get off T-pains d*ck, who is straight wack. There's like three or 4 good tracks or that I can actually listen to. Kanye made an R&B Cd whoever calls this hip-hop is smoking crack.
Its not R&B, its pop. And Kanye's thinking he wants to make a pop album, and he did, and it came out as pop. What are you on about?
 9 years ago '07        #154
kandi007 
space
space
$353 | Props total: 0 0
it gets 4/5 from me...its a good cd although it does depress me a lil bit when i listen to it all the way through. kayne is the only apper who could switch it up like that and still make a great album. the man is a musical genius and i gotta give props where props is due
 9 years ago '06        #155
Poloboy69 
space
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 345 345
I always said it! he is the most talented music artist on the planet!
 9 years ago '06        #156
Poloboy69 
space
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 345 345
Kanye is a genious! this album isnt about him singing or it isnt about him not rapping! its clearly a process when of a artist to try something totally different. he was forced by his interactions and thoughts to create this masterpiece! now this is like less than a months work and it sounds great! clearly the best production since graduation last year! this dude isnt letting people down at all! some artist have to be weird and some have to only be normal! i think him, cee lo green, lupe fiasco, andre 3000, all share a common of creating weird music and it sounds great! i miss the old days of pharrell music! that first N.E.R.D cd! it kinda started that weird music and its translated into what should have its on Genre! Pharrell lemme down by making his music simplier! i like the confusing what are u singing about pharrell! Kanye Brought that vibe back for me! He didnt even abuse the Auto Tune! T pain abuses it alot! kanye blended it into his vocals and it made him sound great!
 11-20-2008, 10:41 PM         #157
Zo1987  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 titebuoy said:
4/5, its not a rap album people its just music, Ye made good music point blank period
what are u talking about?? Nelly Furtado's Loose was a good album. Hell Brittney's Black Album was decently good and none of these are rap albums. This is straight trash.

"Amazing" was the only good track on the album and that was only because of Young Jeezy's part.
 9 years ago '08        #158
zhifi 10 heat pts10
space
space
$472 | Props total: 122 122
just wow at the polls.... if there were no such thing as the internet then this album would probably sell 10 million 1st month no joke. would people even know who kanye or any of these MCs are with no internet?

Im trashed right now, just dropping more drunk slurs lol....
 9 years ago '08        #159
zhifi 10 heat pts10
space
space
$472 | Props total: 122 122
Im still pissed i gave it a 4, should of gave it a 5.... There is alot going on these days with the economy and such that you need good music like this to listen to for more confidence in life... once again im a drunk fool right now lloll
 9 years ago '05        #160
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,211 | Props total: 15754 15754
 mafiaboy said:
wtf?????
Its an opinion, get over it.....
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
275 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy