Kanye West - 808s And Heartbreak (2008)

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
115 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Rate 808's and Heartbreak
1 Mic (Straight Trash) 70 15.77%
2 Mics 56 12.61%
3 Mics (Decent enough....It'll do I guess) 69 15.54%
4 Mics 142 31.98%
5 Mics (Classic) 107 24.10%
Voters: 444. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #121
Sir Mike 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,479 | Props total: 731 731
street lights is the best track on 808 hands down

4.0/5.0 good ablum ye
 9 years ago '04        #122
refuze 284 heat pts284
space
space
$18,685 | Props total: 15430 15430
good cd. 4/5

sh*t can get played out easily though.
 9 years ago '08        #123
zhifi 10 heat pts10
space
space
$472 | Props total: 122 122
ok after driving around puffing some erb i wished i would of rated this album a 5 now instead of a 4. Cd grew on me.. Best Album in 2008.. Great job Kanye
 9 years ago '05        #124
66VETTE 
space
space
$1,164 | Props total: 1 1
Too much of the same thing for me. Needed to switch his style up. Got old after love lockdown

:cool-smiley-009::ernaehrung004::rolleyes:
 9 years ago '04        #125
Woody 
space
space
space
$4,079 | Props total: 32 32
 mafiaboy said:
YOU ARE WACK! THERE IS NOTHING ORIGINAL ABOUT WHAT KANYE IS DOIN ON THIS CD! WTF ARE U TALKING ABOUT??? HE IS BITING OFF OF T-PAIN! ARE YOU n*ggaS DEAF OR JUST SOME KANYE d*ckRIDERS???

First of all, why are you so mad? Second, why do you keep typing in all caps? Calm down dude, damn. And if you hate it so much, why do you live in this thread? You are just plain ignorant and need to go somewhere and do something constructive with your life.
 11-20-2008, 11:26 AM         #126
DaPlaya641  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mafiaboy said:
NAH, YOU'RE GAY FOR LIKING THAT AUTO-TUNE BULL-sh*t! IT'S ALL GOOD THOUGH. IF YOU LIKE POP MUSIC THEN THIS IS THE CD FOR YOU.. HOMO!!!
 mafiaboy said:
you're a loser! Lol!!!!
 mafiaboy said:
nah, that's just you homie! Wack a.ss n*gga!
i was gonna give u hate becuz everything u said was just completely stupid......

but ur ignorance is punishment enough
 9 years ago '05        #127
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
I'm sorry y'all, but I must break the mood...

this album was straight TRASH. I'm talkin b00ty BUTT CHEEKS.

I love Kanye's other albums, but this is not, by any means, good. I can't stand all this 'auto-tune' fake-a** singer, pseudo-RnB/Techno crap. This sucks... I'm sorry y'all, but that is my opinion...
 9 years ago '06        #128
WillScrillz5000 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,666 | Props total: 552 552
hahahaaa I FUX WIT IT... 3.9/5
 11-20-2008, 12:25 PM         #129
htownrockets  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i give it a 4/5- I wsh he had more than 12 trakcs though

Kanyes Music is always creative but this man outside of music is the most arrogant son of a bi*ch there is! He claimed in a Yahoo article that he is the "voice of this generation" and claimed to be better than Timberlake...man Kanye you cant sing worth of sh*t, anyone can hop on autotune and sound decent....arrogance to its fullest
 9 years ago '04        #130
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
I have to be honest.

I feel Kanye's emotion and where he's coming from. But do you know how many other artists put all their emotion into their music? That argument alone cannot defend this album's flaws (or what I feel to be flaws). Can you honestly tell me the production on here is good? I understand that he was sticking with the 808 machine through this as well as the autotune. Can you call that a concept? I suppose. Does that make it good? Not necessarily.

And to get this out of the way, please stop using the argument that people who aren't feeling this are trapped in a box and refuse to expand their musical tastes. I listen to many genres, to at least give them a chance, as I'm sure many others on here do.

If I just listen to the message I really feel where he's coming from. I understand that he has to use the autotune in order for him to make the vocal delivery that he wanted. But this is far from mindblowing. There are many eclectic artists out there, but I'm guessing that the majority of you defending this album don't give those guys a chance. This is something different to you so its fresh, and because its out the box you a.ssume that is the reason people don't like it. We all knew what to expect from this, and it wasn't a rap album. For what he was trying to accomplish I don't think the execution was great. Actually, I think the whole concept to begin with is flawed and would've been difficult to pull off masterfully.

I do like some tracks on here. Say You Will, Welcome To Heartbreak, Amazing, Love Lockdown (first hearing this led me to believe this album had the potential to be great), Paranoid, Street Lights, Coldest Winter.

Yes, that is more than half of the tracks of the album. With that said I like these songs to some degree, in that they are tolerable. By no means is this album bad, I'd say its a decent album. But calling this a classic? That is a REACH to me. People are really making parallels to The Love Below? That is doing a GREAT injustice to Dre's album. I don't think the two are even close in quality. The songs that I "like" on here are catchy. But some of the lyrics/vocals on here are not good.

I will probably let this ride in the whip a couple more times; maybe my headphone impressions aren't giving this album the proper chance. I will say that this is not a bad album. I'm just reading wayyyyyyyyyy too much d*ckriding of this album. Kanye has a lot of fans, especially on here, and I think you will like anything he does. I was a HUGE Kanye fan before College Dropout. The mixtapes, the singles he was producing for other people - crack. After Late Registration he went downhill to me. Graduation was lukewarm, and this is nothing great. I normally wouldn't type up an essay on an album if I really wasn't feeling it, but as a Kanye FAN I feel I had to do this, especially since my opinion obviously differs from those of a lot of you on here. If you take offense in being called a d*ckrider, then this whole essay is likely directed to you. Sorry, but those are just my thoughts.

As for album of the year, this year in general has been weak for hip-hop so I can see why some of you are riding this so hard. There really hasn't been a whole lot to be excited about I guess, at least not for me. Two albums that are far superior to this to me though are Rising Down and The Renaissance. If I need to name the artists of those albums then I guess you are like these other cats who you are called close-minded.

P.S. Holy sh*t that is a long read, sorry
 9 years ago '05        #131
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,197 | Props total: 15715 15715
4 Mics......one of the best albums of 2008. I was little mad that he changed up Robocop a little, but it can grow on me.
 9 years ago '06        #132
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,229 | Props total: 319 319
 jamaro85 said:
i have to be honest.

I feel kanye's emotion and where he's coming from. But do you know how many other artists put all their emotion into their music? That argument alone cannot defend this album's flaws (or what i feel to be flaws). Can you honestly tell me the production on here is good? I understand that he was sticking with the 808 machine through this as well as the autotune. Can you call that a concept? I suppose. Does that make it good? Not necessarily.

And to get this out of the way, please stop using the argument that people who aren't feeling this are trapped in a box and refuse to expand their musical tastes. I listen to many genres, to at least give them a chance, as i'm sure many others on here do.

If i just listen to the message i really feel where he's coming from. I understand that he has to use the autotune in order for him to make the vocal delivery that he wanted. But this is far from mindblowing. There are many eclectic artists out there, but i'm guessing that the majority of you defending this album don't give those guys a chance. This is something different to you so its fresh, and because its out the box you a.ssume that is the reason people don't like it. We all knew what to expect from this, and it wasn't a rap album. For what he was trying to accomplish i don't think the execution was great. Actually, i think the whole concept to begin with is flawed and would've been difficult to pull off masterfully.

I do like some tracks on here. Say you will, welcome to heartbreak, amazing, love lockdown (first hearing this led me to believe this album had the potential to be great), paranoid, street lights, coldest winter.

Yes, that is more than half of the tracks of the album. With that said i like these songs to some degree, in that they are tolerable. By no means is this album bad, i'd say its a decent album. But calling this a classic? That is a reach to me. People are really making parallels to the love below? That is doing a great injustice to dre's album. I don't think the two are even close in quality. The songs that i "like" on here are catchy. But some of the lyrics/vocals on here are not good.

I will probably let this ride in the whip a couple more times; maybe my headphone impressions aren't giving this album the proper chance. I will say that this is not a bad album. I'm just reading wayyyyyyyyyy too much d*ckriding of this album. Kanye has a lot of fans, especially on here, and i think you will like anything he does. I was a huge kanye fan before college dropout. The mixtapes, the singles he was producing for other people - crack. After late registration he went downhill to me. Graduation was lukewarm, and this is nothing great. I normally wouldn't type up an essay on an album if i really wasn't feeling it, but as a kanye fan i feel i had to do this, especially since my opinion obviously differs from those of a lot of you on here. If you take offense in being called a d*ckrider, then this whole essay is likely directed to you. Sorry, but those are just my thoughts.

As for album of the year, this year in general has been weak for hip-hop so i can see why some of you are riding this so hard. There really hasn't been a whole lot to be excited about i guess, at least not for me. Two albums that are far superior to this to me though are rising down and the renaissance. If i need to name the artists of those albums then i guess you are like these other cats who you are called close-minded.

P.s. Holy sh*t that is a long read, sorry
i totally agree with this argument even though i didn't find any of the songs on this cd very good!
 9 years ago '06        #133
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
 killamike79 said:
4 mics......one of the best albums of 2008. I was little mad that he changed up robocop a little, but it can grow on me.
wtf?????
 9 years ago '06        #134
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
 DaPlaya641 said:
i was gonna give u hate becuz everything u said was just completely stupid......

but ur ignorance is punishment enough
YOUR COMMENT ABOUT SINGING ALONG TO THIS WACK a.ss CD WAS IGNORANT HOMIE! I'M NOT A HATER, I'M JUST NOT A d*ckRIDER LIKE SOME YOU n*ggaS WHO THINK THIS CD IS A CLASSIC. SOME OF YOU n*ggaS DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT CLASSIC MEANS!
 9 years ago '06        #135
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
 Woody said:
First of all, why are you so mad? Second, why do you keep typing in all caps? Calm down dude, damn. And if you hate it so much, why do you live in this thread? You are just plain ignorant and need to go somewhere and do something constructive with your life.
FIRST OFF, I'M IN HERE VOICING MY OPINION LIKE EVERYONE ELSE HOMIE. SECOND, I AM MAD! I'M MAD THAT SO MANY OF YOU n*ggaS THINK THAT AN ARTIST CAN MAKE SOME WACK sh*t LIKE THIS KANYE CD THEN CALL IT THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD JUST BECAUSE OF WHO MADE IT! MY FAV. ARTIST IN THE GAME IS SCARFACE AKA BRAD JORDAN. IF BRAD WERE TO HAVE MADE THIS SAME CD I WOULD BE SAYING IT'S TRASH. I WOULDN'T BE ALL ON IT CALLING IT A CLASSIC JUST BECAUSE HE'S MY FAV. ARTIST. GET MY POINT? IF NOT, FU! LOL!!!!
 9 years ago '08        #136
Tjvh616 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,397 | Props total: 1528 1528
Welcome to The Heartbreak IS fu*kIN CRACKKK!!! Been bumpin the original and the album version! Too ill :agreement6:
 11-20-2008, 02:26 PM         #137
King Eros  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm def not a kanye product, never really been but i can dig this cd after a few listens---commercial fans should appreciate this sh*t to be honest cus' it seems like a change for a minute---3/5 for me---cd is not great but also not bad---it's a good listen for peepz not expecting much
 9 years ago '04        #138
mims820 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,055 | Props total: 179 179
This is a solid album. The production is dope and its an album from the heart. Dudes act on this tough sh*t and its annoying. Not everyone sells coke. Not everyone shoots other people and honestly, the dudes on here who act tought probably have a relatively good life. Otherwise you wouldnt be on Boxden and actually doing what other rappers speak about. Hop off the fakeness.
 11-20-2008, 04:26 PM         #139
IRemainRaw  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Definitely not for me - the girls will eat this sh*t up tho - which is why its short n sweet.
 9 years ago '05        #140
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
to me:

not conventional= fresh...im feelin it...gotta new feel
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
54 comments
1 day ago