Kanye West - 808s And Heartbreak (2008)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
51 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Rate 808's and Heartbreak
1 Mic (Straight Trash) 70 15.77%
2 Mics 56 12.61%
3 Mics (Decent enough....It'll do I guess) 69 15.54%
4 Mics 142 31.98%
5 Mics (Classic) 107 24.10%
Voters: 444. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #101
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,728 | Props total: 2216 2216
this is a very good cd. the beats go so hard on my system and surround sound. the album is sonically impressive. plus its some real a.ss sh*t kanye singin on them songs.
 9 years ago '05        #102
gemberland2004 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,182 | Props total: 508 508
Hot Kanye is too fu*kin creative
 9 years ago '04        #103
whoaitsme 
space
space
space
$512 | Props total: 0 0
This is the first time I can say this about a Kanye album:

It's no worse than a 4 and no higher than a 4.
It is a solid 4.
 9 years ago '04        #104
kg81 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 101 101
I hope Kanye is making a movie too, so he can say this was for a soundtrack. This album is trash and I gave it every chance in the world.
 9 years ago '08        #105
Tjvh616 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,398 | Props total: 1529 1529
I had the same feelin after listening to this that I did the first time I heard Cee-lo's "Perfect Imperfections", Gnarls Barkley's "St. Elsewhere", and Andre's "The Love Below". It will most likely grow on me. "Perfect Imperfections" is one of my FAVORITE ALBUMS EVER!:agreement6: I'm givin 808's a 4/5 right now.
 11-20-2008, 12:47 AM         #106
benzsl4585  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i like the laid back sound. it should appeal to a wide variety of listeners.
 9 years ago '05        #107
MSSoldier 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,958 | Props total: 1461 1461
 CuZzA said:
Yes, that's called 'concept' - ever heard of it?

The album is called 808s & Heartbreak for a reason.

--------------

West insisted that each track had to feature TR-808-generated drumming. "No typical hip-hop beats. They've gotta be tribal drums." West felt that the 808 is an important instrument that can be used to evoke emotion.

Heartbreak

It was revealed that the occasional exaggerated effects produced by Auto-
Tune are meant to represent the effect of being heartbroken.

--------------

KanYe's latest just shows how smart he actually is as a musician AND a person. You need to open up your mind a little bit if you think this is sh*t.
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause:

thank you i laughed at how you put his a.ss on blast but thanx for clearing sh*t up for dumb a.sses out here this album has been on repeat all day....amazin-coldest winter-heartless(i prefer the older robocop)and the sh*t woth wayne see you in my nightmare or tell everybody that you know is bangin to...ye is a real hip-hop artist he tries new things and they work gotta love the man...you CAN HATE but YOU GOTTA RESPECT THE CREATIVITY....
 11-20-2008, 02:41 AM         #108
DaPlaya641  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
everyone claimin to hate this cd.......i bet yall n*ggaz started singin along to at least one track or at least had some of the tracks stuck in ur head

dont deny it.....its a good cd
 9 years ago '04        #109
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
I think it's pretty crappy, the voice effect throughout is annoying as hell, too much of the production is boring, and the lyrics don't draw me in at all. I'll say 2/5, there are a few good songs.
 9 years ago '06        #110
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,229 | Props total: 319 319
 profane said:
holy fu*k, some ppl love to hate as hard as they can with everything they got... But fu*k that, i like it that's my opinion its different and new. Its music... If you need music to justify how "hardcore" you are in order to make yourself feel good, then in my eyes that's pretty pathetic. Grow the fu*k up
if a lesser known artist made this same cd you would think it was trash, true or false? You n*ggas just think that it's "hot" because it's kanye, just admit it!
 9 years ago '06        #111
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
 Woody said:
I'm not trying to start any controversy over the definition of the word, BUT as of right now, I rated it a 5/5 ("Classic"). I respect Kanye for what he did with this album on a few different levels; creativity, originality, for reaching out in pain/making himself look vulnerable, and for simple fact that he experimented on a major scale in front of the public eye (or ear), which so many people are afraid to do these days, and trash it at the sight of something foreign. Call me a groupie, but whatever, I respect Kanye above anything else.
YOU ARE WACK! THERE IS NOTHING ORIGINAL ABOUT WHAT KANYE IS DOIN ON THIS CD! WTF ARE U TALKING ABOUT??? HE IS BITING OFF OF T-PAIN! ARE YOU n*ggaS DEAF OR JUST SOME KANYE d*ckRIDERS???
 9 years ago '06        #112
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
 ericsupreme said:
this is real ignorant of me but i'm sorry i refuse to listen to this sh*t b/c of that auto-tune bullsh*t. kanye came in the game in his own lane but now i don't know wtf he's doing. i'll let him slide a lil b/c of what he's been thru but auto-tune must die!! and fyi i was feelin the love below and gnarles barkely are my n*ggas!! so fu*k off d*ck riders before ya'll even start. different does not = dope!
VERY WELL PUT! TO ALL YOU KANYE d*ckRIDERS, THIS CD IS SUPER WACK! AUTO-TUNE MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
 9 years ago '06        #113
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
 newfnshow715 said:
You are obviously gay and T pain has no content at all.
NAH, YOU'RE GAY FOR LIKING THAT AUTO-TUNE BULL-sh*t! IT'S ALL GOOD THOUGH. IF YOU LIKE POP MUSIC THEN THIS IS THE CD FOR YOU.. HOMO!!!
 9 years ago '06        #114
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
 newfnshow715 said:
Um Yea, and a lot of people like POP which is why it is called popular music dummie.
WELL SOMEONE NEEDS TO TELL THIS n*gga KANYE TO BE A POP ARTIST AND LEAVE THE RAP sh*t TO SOMEONE ELSE!!! YOU OBVIOUSLY LIKE POP MUSIC HUH? PROBABLY GOT SOME BRITNEY SPEARS AND NELLY FURTADO/TIMBALAND IN YOUR CD CHANGER!
 9 years ago '06        #115
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
 raspliffarian said:
i'll admit the leak did nothing for me...

But kanye deserves a fresh listen with an open mind... His artistic integrity has been proven with his sublime track record...

With that, i am digging this new album... Even to the point that when i sing along i'll autotune my own voice by changing pitch and singing through a fan
you're a loser! Lol!!!!
 9 years ago '06        #116
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
 daplaya641 said:
everyone claimin to hate this cd.......i bet yall n*ggaz started singin along to at least one track or at least had some of the tracks stuck in ur head

dont deny it.....its a good cd
nah, that's just you homie! Wack a.ss n*gga!
 9 years ago '08        #117
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
where can I find the first version of welcome to heartbreak?
 9 years ago '07        #118
ericsupreme 
space
space
space
$384 | Props total: 216 216
 HF-Blade said:
You admit you're ignorant and you go on a rant telling people to fu*k off?

People on boxden...sometimes make me wanna do some stupid sh*t...
stupid sh*t like k!lling yourself? b/c yes i admit it is ignorant to comment on an album i did not listen to however i also honestly admit my reasons for not listening to the bullsh*t. b/c that auto-tune sh*t is WACK AS fu*k! POINT BLANK! and i expect kanye to still be original like he came in the game...not a fu*kin biter!! so yes fu*k off if you can't comprehend!!
 11-20-2008, 09:05 AM         #119
Loose Cannon  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DjAyFrESH said:
Robocop is one of the worst songs ever made this year,I place that next to Marco Polo/ and for that reason... Kanye should retire his whole career for even releasing such sh*t.
co sign
 11-20-2008, 09:37 AM         #120
majormarcj  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mafiaboy said:
YOU ARE WACK! THERE IS NOTHING ORIGINAL ABOUT WHAT KANYE IS DOIN ON THIS CD! WTF ARE U TALKING ABOUT??? HE IS BITING OFF OF T-PAIN! ARE YOU n*ggaS DEAF OR JUST SOME KANYE d*ckRIDERS???
Damn some of yall are ignorant....no the autotune is not original...no T-pain wasn't the first to use it

The Cd's good and different....chill
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
57 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago