Lol Yankees Trying to buy a WS

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
7 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
9 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-20-2008, 12:20 PM         #161
88' 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ai3theanswer said:
there's a salary cap in the NBA dumb fu*k, it does not translate the same.
How good did it feel to say that on the internet?
 FlashP3 said:
110?
but they will still get at least 1 more starter abreu and maybe some more relief help.

but alot did come off. and its not like they are losing money by spending 200 mil if they do. i mena sh*t they are opening a new stadium and those tickets are over priced as fu*k yet they will sell out everygame
I don't think we'll sign Abreu unless he gets a big pay cut.
 dogmanx23 said:
they try to buy a championship every year and fail. Go get CC, Lowe, Burnett watch them still crash and burn.
Who ever you root for those the same EXACT thing. Every professional team tries to acquire players, whether through trading or free agency to improve their roster & chances of winning a championship. Try something new or something that actually makes sense to bash the Yankees.
 ai3theanswer said:
can the dumb people on this site explain what they mean by the yanks buying a championship? santana is making 137 mil, if the yanks pay cc 140 isn't that market value? what should they do? they have money to spend, should they just sit there with their thumb up their a.ss and do nothing? because they go after cc all of a sudden they are trying to buy a championship??? i don't understand what you people are talking about. it has become clear that people on here are pretty fu*kin dumb. dollar for dollar you can have cc or giambi who are you taking?
There is no meaning to it, just pure hate when ppl say that. The funny thing about it is back in the 03' off-season and we signed all those big name players, we were basically trying to mask our pitching problem and this off-season, we're actually addressing it as our need but yet people continue to say bs.
 FlashP3 said:
the thing is tho if the yanks dont make it its more ammunition for people to use against them. yankee fans gotta stop worrying about what other ppl say about their team most ppl wish their teams would spend as much as the yankees. sh*t im a mets fan and wish my team spent as much as the yanks
Very true.
I don't really care what others are saying about the whole buying a ws because it's all bs and just hate and it's getting pretty old now too.

Last edited by 88'; 11-20-2008 at 12:22 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #162
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 ai3theanswer said:
how do you figure??? even if they sign cc and burnett they won't be over 200. you didnt realize how much they got off the books from this past season. from just 5 guys(giambi, moose, pettite, pavano, abreu) they free up nearly 80 mil. I forgive your ignorance.
"Pistolvania" do you really think those are the only two guys tehy are going to sign? I heard a bunch of peoplek that they were interested in during this offseason. I'm not sure how much they exactly will free up through letting go of people into free agency.
 9 years ago '06        #163
space
space
 slimwillie said:
exactly , sooooo the sox paid 90 million for a number 3 pitcher .. thats not yankee like?
No, Yankee-like is when you fail to reach the playoffs one year with a 200 million dollar payroll then turn around and overpay the best pitcher in the free agent class so no one else has a chance to sign him.
 11-20-2008, 01:18 PM         #164
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown85 said:
No, Yankee-like is when you fail to reach the playoffs one year with a 200 million dollar payroll then turn around and overpay the best pitcher in the free agent class so no one else has a chance to sign him.
Boston like is to stop crying about this, disgraceful that you are showing nerves over CC Sabathia. he can take us to 3 innings in the ALCS lets moan about it.
 11-20-2008, 01:34 PM         #165
88' 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown85 said:
"Pistolvania" do you really think those are the only two guys tehy are going to sign? I heard a bunch of peoplek that they were interested in during this offseason. I'm not sure how much they exactly will free up through letting go of people into free agency.
We don't really have alot of holes to fill up. If we were to sign to CC and Burnett the only thing left we might need is another relief pitcher and a outfielder. I do think we'll end up with almost the same pay roll as of last year because of the contracts of CC & Burnett.
 9 years ago '06        #166
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 slimwillie said:
exactly , sooooo the sox paid 90 million for a number 3 pitcher .. thats not yankee like?
no...the "yankee way" would be to literally sign players for 100+ million almost every year in hopes of reaching the playoffs..as oppose to building a team with a young core like the red sox have done since 2000..
daisuke is an exception because we had to bid against the entire league to talk to him..something that the yankees never did beside that japanese pitcher they sign the same year daisuke was sign (which btw was a bust).

so realistically, you should only count his 6 year, 52 million contract which is still a steal considering its about 8.6 million a year. had he been a full free agent, he'd probably would have gotten 100+ million from the yankees.
 9 years ago '06        #167
space
space
 slimwillie said:
tell me when Boston makes the play-offs 13 years in a row or wins 26 rings

how are they overpaying CC? you don't even know what other teams are offering him dummy. and in order to get the best available FA you have to be the highest bidder.

Red sox fans bashing the Yanks like they aren't your big brothers

the Redsox bid 50 million to talk to Dice K so no-one else had a chance to sign him.

in 2 years the sox payroll will be close to 200 million. after they pay Lester,Pedroia,Papelbon,Ellsbury and Youkilis. all them n*ggas are makin peanuts.

so 4 of your best players are making less then a million that means in 2 years your payroll will sky rocket

the yankees payroll is higher because their team is mainly veterans
All these Yankee fans keep talking about the sox overpaying for Dice K.... they had to pay about half of that 90 mill just to the owners of the team to be able to sign him to the Sox... you mental defectives keep using that to justify your sorry team somehow spending 200 million and not making the playoofs
 9 years ago '06        #168
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
Boston like is to stop crying about this, disgraceful that you are showing nerves over CC Sabathia. he can take us to 3 innings in the ALCS lets moan about it.
Someone decypher this?
 9 years ago '07        #169
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 beantown85 said:
Someone decypher this?
"Im a fellow Sox fan but only difference is I'm a dingbat. I like to sniff Theo Epstein's boxers. If he gets CC I'll iron his clothes for him and luv him forever and ever."

:scared2:

Any questions?
 11-21-2008, 04:00 PM         #170
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ yankee haters being mad that they are going after the pitcher everyone wants...they got like 50+ mil coming off the books and these haters think they should be investing it in bonds or some sh*t..the hate is so obvious and sad
 11-21-2008, 04:01 PM         #171
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown85 said:
All these Yankee fans keep talking about the sox overpaying for Dice K.... they had to pay about half of that 90 mill just to the owners of the team to be able to sign him to the Sox... you mental defectives keep using that to justify your sorry team somehow spending 200 million and not making the playoofs
You moron...did the Sox NOT PAY OUT 90 million for Dice-K? Who gives a fu*k who gets it? It's still 90 mil out of their pockets genius
 11-21-2008, 04:12 PM         #172
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
They won't make the playoffs and if they do they choke, funny the Rays and Sox are saving money and will still be the better team. :applause:
@ you talking about the Sox and Rays like they won something...fall back...Sox and Rays got the same amount of rings as they did this year..none
 9 years ago '06        #173
space
space
 shonuff12 said:
You moron...did the Sox NOT PAY OUT 90 million for Dice-K? Who gives a fu*k who gets it? It's still 90 mil out of their pockets genius
It's still like 80-90 million less than what the Yankees had on their payroll last season

and the Yankees still didn't make the playoffs
 11-25-2008, 12:07 PM         #174
88' 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
90 wins with our ace and pretty much every player who wasn't injured underperformed and playing in a division that had two other teams with 90+ wins that played each other in the A.L.C.S., I consider that a pretty good year even with the biggest payroll in the league. Maybe it's laughable to you because everything seems to be about the payroll when you and other people bash the Yankees.

Last edited by 88'; 11-25-2008 at 12:20 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #175
{XtoDaZ} 
space
space
$4,235 | Props total: 548 548
^^^How is dat considered a pretty good year??? You had tha highest payroll in the MLB last year, and half the team was injured. All dat means is dat you jus wasted a bunch of money for nothing..
Its like the more money the yankees have, the less they know what to do with it. I garuntee you if any other team had the payroll tha yankees had they would be playin in tha world series. Tha yankees arent wise with their money.
 11-25-2008, 01:23 PM         #176
ai3theanswer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 {XtoDaZ} said:
^^^How is dat considered a pretty good year??? You had tha highest payroll in the MLB last year, and half the team was injured. All dat means is dat you jus wasted a bunch of money for nothing..
Its like the more money the yankees have, the less they know what to do with it. I garuntee you if any other team had the payroll tha yankees had they would be playin in tha world series. Tha yankees arent wise with their money.
what it means is they did very well, 90 wins gives you a strong chance of making the playoffs. your ignorance is forgiven

Last edited by ai3theanswer; 11-25-2008 at 01:24 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #177
lyrical.obsessi 
space
space
space
$2,496 | Props total: 0 0
 Manny05 said:
no...the "yankee way" would be to literally sign players for 100+ million almost every year in hopes of reaching the playoffs..as oppose to building a team with a young core like the red sox have done since 2000..
daisuke is an exception because we had to bid against the entire league to talk to him..something that the yankees never did beside that japanese pitcher they sign the same year daisuke was sign (which btw was a bust).

so realistically, you should only count his 6 year, 52 million contract which is still a steal considering its about 8.6 million a year. had he been a full free agent, he'd probably would have gotten 100+ million from the yankees.
:agreement6:
 9 years ago '07        #178
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
halos offer CC 140 mill

....but the yankees are buying rings

keep hating
 9 years ago '04        #179
{XtoDaZ} 
space
space
$4,235 | Props total: 548 548
 ai3theanswer said:
what it means is they did very well, 90 wins gives you a strong chance of making the playoffs. your ignorance is forgiven
yea im sorry..tha yankees did do very well...very well enough to not make tha playoffs....go take a nap..tha amount of money and talent tha yankees have they shouldnt expect anything but Playoffs automatically.
I dont even know why im entertaining you. you jus tried to prove to me tha Yankees had a very well season even though they missed tha playoffs

Last edited by {XtoDaZ}; 11-25-2008 at 09:49 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #180
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,852 | Props total: 2535 2535
Pedroia makes $457,000
Ellsbury makes $406,000

no wonder the 'Saux' payroll is low, wait till they're free agents, your payroll ill be up around 200M also...unless you choose to not be the 'yankee way' and don't give them what they deserve
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
2 days ago