Lol Yankees Trying to buy a WS

most viewed right now
 67
Article inside Thot ends up $10,000 in debt thirst trapping for the 'gram.
48 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 51
NBA We can all write the ending to this story, he's gone
38 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 47
Pusha T Song leak snippet and Kanye verse
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 40
Image(s) inside well damn Young Ma looking more swole than 95% of you niggas
62 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 11-19-2008, 04:22 PM         #141
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ai3theanswer said:
i never said he was the best, i said he was arguably the best, and an argument can be made.



but yea, not nearly as good of win pct. less ks, he had a better whip, but that's dice-k's style baserunners don't affect him. 6 to 1 win ratio or a 2 to 1 win ratio??? Let's be truthful the Yanks would love to have an ace like Dice-k. So yea Dice-K wins. If only the yankees had three aces on their staff
foh with dice-k's style. You think he puts them on purpose? They sure affected him in 2007. His WHIP over the past two seasons were identical, yet this year his ERA was way down this year. This is an indication that a lot of luck took part in Dice-K's 2008 season. Unless his walk rate goes down, his ERA will balloon in 2009.
 10 years ago '06        #142
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
the only way dice k will ever be an ace in my eyes, is if he actually stops putting runners on, and pitches 7-8 inning on a consistent basis.
so with that said, only ace on our team is beckett and lester.
besides that dice k is a decent number 3 pitcher..
 11-19-2008, 04:47 PM         #143
Escrow 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just because you pay top dollar for someone, it doesnt mean their worth it..... ex. Farnsworth, Pavano among others....its funny how you all hate on how they run their club, I mean mid market teams are running things right now, because of talent, but why hate because your team wont spend money? No one says anything about the sox...
 11-19-2008, 04:48 PM         #144
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Manny05 said:
the only way dice k will ever be an ace in my eyes, is if he actually stops putting runners on, and pitches 7-8 inning on a consistent basis.
so with that said, only ace on our team is beckett and lester.
besides that dice k is a decent number 3 pitcher..
For a number 3 pitcher he is great. Look around. Most number 3 pitchers are not nearly as good as him. But his ERA last season was nothing but smoke and mirrors.
 10 years ago '06        #145
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
avatar space
space
$23,410 | Props total: 2 2
 Escrow said:
Just because you pay top dollar for someone, it doesnt mean their worth it..... ex. Farnsworth, Pavano among others....its funny how you all hate on how they run their club, I mean mid market teams are running things right now, because of talent, but why hate because your team wont spend money? No one says anything about the sox...
There's a huge difference between over 200 mill and 130 mill and the Yankees are going to make some big signings this year probably putting them around 220-230

They're trying hard has hell to buy that WS
 10 years ago '05        #146
Basicgz 
space
avatar space
space
$5,704 | Props total: 1451 1451
 INF4MOUS said:
pure stupidity.

ur team is young? you have 3 starting young players. the rest of your team is "old". the yankees have 3 starting young players. the rest of our team is "old". dumb comment #1

they are finding the missing pieces you dumb c*nt. CC is a SP. a missing piece. who are they trying to sign just because theyre known? stupid a.ss n*ggas
Yeah and my team been to the world series twice in 4 years and won 1, whens the last time yall been relevent oh yeah when yall found out A-Rod had his face is Madonna puss My team waaay fu*kin younger than yours our franchise player was born in the 80's your franchise players were born in the fu*kin mid 70's lets look at the 07-08 squad

Jorge Posada.............damn near 40
Derek Jeter..................mid 30's
Andy Petite...............Past 40
Mariano Rivera..............approaching 40
Johnny Damon..............Mid 30's
Mike Mussina.....................just retired today
Jason Giambi.....................Old as fu*k
A-Rod.........................damn near mid 30's
Matsui(DH).......................mid 30's

And yall signed s3xson's old a.ss and cut him Yall are all about names and washed up sluggers


Only thing young about the yankees is the pitching, and more than half of them pitchers are trash dog this CC talk reminds me of Randy Johnson coming there and all yall was like WE gon win it all this year, its over................................we all know how that ended

Whens the last time yall been to the world series??? CC needs to go to Cali he has a better chance of winning a ring out there than NY and U know that, NY gon throw him all that money and he gon get comfortable and fall off, 1 pitcher doesnt get it done, Just ask your Cross town rivals The Mets and Johan Santana, CC cannot do it by himself, look at the Red Sox they got crazy prospects nobody heard of k!lling it, and I fu*kin hate the Red Sox, they have some big names but most importantly they pick up players who just know how to play the game they dont care about their fame. If yall stop worrying about a flashy roster maybe your squad will win
 11-19-2008, 06:24 PM         #147
88' 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown85 said:
There's a huge difference between over 200 mill and 130 mill and the Yankees are going to make some big signings this year probably putting them around 220-230

They're trying hard has hell to buy that WS
Boston acquired a big name player hoping he would bring them a championship, I don't see how we could be trying to "buy a word series" if the Celtics practically did the same thing. I don't see how signing a free agent or trading for a player is different. Either way, your acquiring a player to improve your roster & chances of winning a championship. Every professional team does this.
 10 years ago '06        #148
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 KrayLay said:
For a number 3 pitcher he is great. Look around. Most number 3 pitchers are not nearly as good as him. But his ERA last season was nothing but smoke and mirrors.
i guess so..i just wish he could be more consistent..i mean he tax the hell out of our bullpen...only going 5 innings every time..but either way, he did his thing in the playoffs..hopefully after this year, he can become the ace that he has been projected to be since he sign with the sox. now that would be a dream..

to have 3 aces all at once. like we did with schilling, pedro and lowe
 10 years ago '04        #149
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$25,840 | Props total: 5176 5176
 Basicgz said:
Yeah and my team been to the world series twice in 4 years and won 1, whens the last time yall been relevent oh yeah when yall found out A-Rod had his face is Madonna puss My team waaay fu*kin younger than yours our franchise player was born in the 80's your franchise players were born in the fu*kin mid 70's lets look at the 07-08 squad

Jorge Posada.............damn near 40
Derek Jeter..................mid 30's
Andy Petite...............Past 40
Mariano Rivera..............approaching 40
Johnny Damon..............Mid 30's
Mike Mussina.....................just retired today
Jason Giambi.....................Old as fu*k
A-Rod.........................damn near mid 30's
Matsui(DH).......................mid 30's

And yall signed s3xson's old a.ss and cut him Yall are all about names and washed up sluggers


Only thing young about the yankees is the pitching, and more than half of them pitchers are trash dog this CC talk reminds me of Randy Johnson coming there and all yall was like WE gon win it all this year, its over................................we all know how that ended

Whens the last time yall been to the world series??? CC needs to go to Cali he has a better chance of winning a ring out there than NY and U know that, NY gon throw him all that money and he gon get comfortable and fall off, 1 pitcher doesnt get it done, Just ask your Cross town rivals The Mets and Johan Santana, CC cannot do it by himself, look at the Red Sox they got crazy prospects nobody heard of k!lling it, and I fu*kin hate the Red Sox, they have some big names but most importantly they pick up players who just know how to play the game they dont care about their fame. If yall stop worrying about a flashy roster maybe your squad will win
they went to the world series in 2003 dumbass

3/5 of there starting rotation was hurt this year

most of there everyday players had significant injuries this year and they still almost made the playoffs
 10 years ago '05        #150
Basicgz 
space
avatar space
space
$5,704 | Props total: 1451 1451
 MosDefinition said:
they went to the world series in 2003 dumbass

3/5 of there starting rotation was hurt this year

most of there everyday players had significant injuries this year and they still almost made the playoffs
Wow 5 years ago yall really on the comeback trail We had crazy injuries with our pitching too, it doesnt matter no excuses for my squad or yours for not goin to the playoffs U make it U make it, U dont, U dont, My cousin from the Bronx and we argue bout this everyday I can go all night if I aint have homework
 11-20-2008, 09:07 AM         #151
ai3theanswer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown85 said:
There's a huge difference between over 200 mill and 130 mill and the Yankees are going to make some big signings this year probably putting them around 220-230

They're trying hard has hell to buy that WS
how do you figure??? even if they sign cc and burnett they won't be over 200. you didnt realize how much they got off the books from this past season. from just 5 guys(giambi, moose, pettite, pavano, abreu) they free up nearly 80 mil. I forgive your ignorance.
 11-20-2008, 09:10 AM         #152
FlashP3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ai3theanswer said:
how do you figure??? even if they sign cc and burnett they won't be over 200. you didnt realize how much they got off the books from this past season. from just 5 guys(giambi, moose, pettite, pavano, abreu) they free up nearly 80 mil. I forgive your ignorance.
its not like they are gonna get these 2 and stop tho. i think they will be back at the 200 mil spot. they will give abreu arbitration and most likely make some more moves.
 11-20-2008, 09:13 AM         #153
ai3theanswer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 88' said:
Boston acquired a big name player hoping he would bring them a championship, I don't see how we could be trying to "buy a word series" if the Celtics practically did the same thing. I don't see how signing a free agent or trading for a player is different. Either way, your acquiring a player to improve your roster & chances of winning a championship. Every professional team does this.
there's a salary cap in the NBA dumb fu*k, it does not translate the same.


Last edited by ai3theanswer; 11-20-2008 at 09:15 AM..
 11-20-2008, 09:17 AM         #154
ai3theanswer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FlashP3 said:
its not like they are gonna get these 2 and stop tho. i think they will be back at the 200 mil spot. they will give abreu arbitration and most likely make some more moves.
yeah but when you cut almost half your payroll your have room to make moves. its not like their at 180 mil payroll makin these moves. they about 110
 11-20-2008, 09:21 AM         #155
FlashP3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ai3theanswer said:
yeah but when you cut almost half your payroll your have room to make moves. its not like their at 180 mil payroll makin these moves. they about 110
110?

doubt that..

but they will still get at least 1 more starter abreu and maybe some more relief help.

but alot did come off. and its not like they are losing money by spending 200 mil if they do. i mena sh*t they are opening a new stadium and those tickets are over priced as fu*k yet they will sell out everygame
 10 years ago '04        #156
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,695 | Props total: 382 382
they try to buy a championship every year and fail. Go get CC, Lowe, Burnett watch them still crash and burn.
 11-20-2008, 09:30 AM         #157
FlashP3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dogmanx23 said:
they try to buy a championship every year and fail. Go get CC, Lowe, Burnett watch them still crash and burn.
yet somehow they managed to get 26 rings
 11-20-2008, 09:37 AM         #158
ai3theanswer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can the dumb people on this site explain what they mean by the yanks buying a championship? santana is making 137 mil, if the yanks pay cc 140 isn't that market value? what should they do? they have money to spend, should they just sit there with their thumb up their a.ss and do nothing? because they go after cc all of a sudden they are trying to buy a championship??? i don't understand what you people are talking about. it has become clear that people on here are pretty fu*kin dumb. dollar for dollar you can have cc or giambi who are you taking?
 11-20-2008, 09:39 AM         #159
FlashP3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the thing is tho if the yanks dont make it its more ammunition for people to use against them. yankee fans gotta stop worrying about what other ppl say about their team most ppl wish their teams would spend as much as the yankees. sh*t im a mets fan and wish my team spent as much as the yanks
 11-20-2008, 10:53 AM         #160
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Stupid topic, everyone does, players aren't free. I applaud it, but laugh at the fact that its CC the Cy choker.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 20
ashley graham killing it i'm sold yo!
79 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside F*ucking Black Guy
145 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Mansion 2018
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 12
Video inside Graphics are Blurring the Lines, ya ready for this?.
28 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside Steph unveils the new Curry V Low, Finally a good looking Curry shoe?
43 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Rosey Got Thickkkkkk
63 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside Sony CEO: “The PlayStation 4 Is Entering The Final Phase Of Its Life C..
144 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 7
Donald Glover Backs Lando's Sexuality: 'How Can You Not Be Pansexual in Space?'
115 comments
1 day ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy