most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-28-2009, 06:08 AM         #681
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaForce13 said:
but it takes more than money... if it was JUST money than we would win every year
^^ point I have been trying to make the whole time
 8 years ago '05        #682
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,885 | Props total: 8410 8410
 shonuff12 said:
^^ point I have been trying to make the whole time
get over it homie its over...enjoy your ring
 11-29-2009, 11:12 AM         #683
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
get over it homie its over...enjoy your ring
It was over before it even started....you didn't even have any ammunition
 8 years ago '05        #684
space
space
 shonuff12 said:
It was over before it even started....you didn't even have any ammunition

You are so lost that you don't even funny, and you apparently don't know the definition of compromise. You are expected to win because of your salary and you guys still spent a bunch of money in one off season. I do think you bought a championship and as of late you have been trying to do it. The only reason that this year was different then the past 5 years or so is that the players you paid came through. Like I said before I'm never going to agree with you because your view is different than even other yankees fans that I know as well as other yankees fans in this thread. So believe what you want to homie.

Last edited by StateProperty88; 11-29-2009 at 01:51 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #685
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
What is the definition of "buying a championship?" Did the Lakers buy one last year? Didn't they have one of the Top if not the Top payroll last year? Did the Steelers buy one last year? Didn't they have like a Top 5 payroll last year? What is it, do you have to have the Top payroll to "buy" a championship. Since every team SPENDS MONEY ON PLAYERS, doesn't everyone who wins "BUYS" a championship?

That is the most overused term in baseball. I heard that argument about the 1997 Marlins and it was stupid then just as it is stupid now. You spend money to field the best team possible whether that means "retaining the talent that you drafted/signed as rookies" or "adding Free Agents to complete your roster." The Yankees have done both, the problem is that A LOT of other owners choose to do neither and fatten their pockets even more.

I wonder if the Mets or Cubs would have won would they have been accused of buying a ring . Did the Red Sox buy one in 2007 when they had a payroll of 143 milly+ (second overall)?
 11-29-2009, 11:05 PM         #686
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
You are so lost that you don't even funny, and you apparently don't know the definition of compromise. You are expected to win because of your salary and you guys still spent a bunch of money in one off season. I do think you bought a championship and as of late you have been trying to do it. The only reason that this year was different then the past 5 years or so is that the players you paid came through. Like I said before I'm never going to agree with you because your view is different than even other yankees fans that I know as well as other yankees fans in this thread. So believe what you want to homie.
There is no compromise, because the "compromise" you settled on was the point I was making the whole time

The simple point that I was making was that you can't "buy" a championship because it's not all about money, there are various other factors involved that a team needs to have to win.

You can keep being deluded about the ability to "buy" rings because anyone who has half a brain and looks at the history of the sport and the payrolls of the teams know that "buying" a ring is a fallacy and the final standings prove it year after year.

I'm not going to waste my time going through a statistical analysis to make my point, because you're too stubborn to actually listen anyway, but needless to say good management of the team and resources is infinitely more important to success than total payroll and teams like the Minnesota Twins and the Rockies prove it over and over. It's not about high payroll it's about payroll efficiency.
 11-29-2009, 11:07 PM         #687
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tazbk said:
I wonder if the Mets or Cubs would have won would they have been accused of buying a ring . Did the Red Sox buy one in 2007 when they had a payroll of 143 milly+ (second overall)?
You didn't know? The "buying a ring" rule only applies to the Yankees...even when the 2nd or third highest payroll in baseball is the one who wins
 8 years ago '06        #688
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Did everyone hear about the giant paycuts the yankees are making :wow:
 8 years ago '06        #689
space
space
 tazbk said:
What is the definition of "buying a championship?" Did the Lakers buy one last year? Didn't they have one of the Top if not the Top payroll last year? Did the Steelers buy one last year? Didn't they have like a Top 5 payroll last year? What is it, do you have to have the Top payroll to "buy" a championship. Since every team SPENDS MONEY ON PLAYERS, doesn't everyone who wins "BUYS" a championship?

That is the most overused term in baseball. I heard that argument about the 1997 Marlins and it was stupid then just as it is stupid now. You spend money to field the best team possible whether that means "retaining the talent that you drafted/signed as rookies" or "adding Free Agents to complete your roster." The Yankees have done both, the problem is that A LOT of other owners choose to do neither and fatten their pockets even more.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread and usually wouldn't respond to old comments but you sir are a retard

The Sox were 2nd in the league behind the Yankees who had $190 million payroll...that's a $50 million dollar difference you dumb douche, if that doesn't show an unfair balance in payrolls I don't know what does
 8 years ago '05        #690
space
space
 shonuff12 said:
You didn't know? The "buying a ring" rule only applies to the Yankees...even when the 2nd or third highest payroll in baseball is the one who wins
now you are just making s**t up. just because they did it this past season doesnt mean they are the only team that did it and it doesnt mean they are the only team that can do it. but last i checked the thread is about this years yankees. all i did was answer the question the threadstarter asked and you want to give page long post with only half of it being pertinent. post what you will homie...im done with this thread and your homotional sob stories about how everyone is against the yankees
 12-05-2009, 10:23 PM         #691
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
now you are just making s**t up. just because they did it this past season doesnt mean they are the only team that did it and it doesnt mean they are the only team that can do it. but last i checked the thread is about this years yankees. all i did was answer the question the threadstarter asked and you want to give page long post with only half of it being pertinent. post what you will homie...im done with this thread and your homotional sob stories about how everyone is against the yankees
1) The threadstarter never asked a question

2) You're (once again) too ignorant to see the point. When other teams with giant a.ss payrolls win a ring...no one says s**t, but when the Yankees win it..it's a f**king travesty of incredible proportions and we "bought" the ring. I have NEVER seen ANY thread where anyone claimed that another team 'bought" an MLB ring...ever. Prove me wrong, find me an old thread where that s**t happened...I'll wait.

3) Until this year...there were only 2 teams EVER to win a world series and spend over 100 mil...the 04 and 07 Red Sox..did anyone cry that they "bought" their rings? Of course not...wonder why that is?
 8 years ago '04        #692
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,762 | Props total: 13141 13141
exactly ^^^but who cares, its an argument any yankee fan cant win
 8 years ago '04        #693
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 beantown85 said:
I haven't been keeping up with this thread and usually wouldn't respond to old comments but you sir are a retard

The Sox were 2nd in the league behind the Yankees who had $190 million payroll...that's a $50 million dollar difference you dumb douche, if that doesn't show an unfair balance in payrolls I don't know what does
Ooh douche, name calling so proves your point. I'm shaking in my boots right now. And to believe that I actually respected your posts at one point.

The teams you beat that year Indians (61+ million) and Rockies (54+ million) had an even greater difference than the Sox and Yankees. Yall outspent them by over 80 million as well. I guess that is fair too, and I guess yall werent buying a ring either? I guess the 30 million more that yall spend over the Mets doesn't count either. I love how you presented the facts YOUR way. I guess your argument is that the Sox were just trying to keep up with the Yankees. The Red Sox CAN spend just as much money as the Yankees, they just choose not to.

If a hard salary cap was ever to be implemented, yall would be effected just like us, the Angels, Mets, Cubs, Dodgers and anyone else with a 100 milly plus payroll. GTFOH!
 8 years ago '06        #694
space
space
 tazbk said:
Ooh douche, name calling so proves your point. I'm shaking in my boots right now. And to believe that I actually respected your posts at one point.

The teams you beat that year Indians (61+ million) and Rockies (54+ million) had an even greater difference than the Sox and Yankees. Yall outspent them by over 80 million as well. I guess that is fair too, and I guess yall werent buying a ring either? I guess the 30 million more that yall spend over the Mets doesn't count either. I love how you presented the facts YOUR way. I guess your argument is that the Sox were just trying to keep up with the Yankees. The Red Sox CAN spend just as much money as the Yankees, they just choose not to.

If a hard salary cap was ever to be implemented, yall would be effected just like us, the Angels, Mets, Cubs, Dodgers and anyone else with a 100 milly plus payroll. GTFOH!
What are you talking about? you're really actually defending them and saying they're not buying championships They go and overpay for players every year to keep them away from other teams yet "those players always wanted to play for the yankees" :rolleyes:
 8 years ago '07        #695
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,643 | Props total: 439 439
 beantown85 said:
What are you talking about? you're really actually defending them and saying they're not buying championships They go and overpay for players every year to keep them away from other teams yet "those players always wanted to play for the yankees" :rolleyes:

You still mad? :greetings10:
 8 years ago '06        #696
space
space
 DaForce13 said:
You still mad? :greetings10:
mad about what???? I predicted on page one taht the Yankees were gonna buy a world series this year and sure enough they did

Pretty lame and unexciting if you ask me and overall not good for baseball
 8 years ago '07        #697
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 beantown85 said:
mad about what???? I predicted on page one taht the Yankees were gonna buy a world series this year and sure enough they did

sox signed lackey

sox buying a world series
 12-14-2009, 05:46 PM         #698
Jdel1998 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shonuff12 said:
The simple point that I was making was that you can't "buy" a championship because it's not all about money, there are various other factors involved that a team needs to have to win.

this should be the universal response to every yankee hater that brings up the payroll argument..

unfortunally idiots will never understand this simple logic.
 12-14-2009, 05:54 PM         #699
Jdel1998 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown85 said:

, bet u didnt feel that way when the sox started 8-0 against the yanks huh?

that n*gga u responded to had valid points but u just blew them off like nothing......

so according to your logic, the sox "bought" 04 and 07.....cuz they clearly had a larger payroll than the indians and rockies, can u agree to that??
 8 years ago '07        #700
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,260 | Props total: 307 307
 INF4MOUS said:
sox signed lackey

sox buying a world series
are they? but according to Yankee fans Lackey is a stiff with declining stuff, so what exactly are they buying?

yankee fans are an absolute riot, they really are
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy