Lol Yankees Trying to buy a WS

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
152 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
123 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-21-2009, 09:54 PM         #661
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
like i said before i dont really care how yall won the chip because a win is a win...but you yankees fans look at s**t completely different from the rest of the world. out of all your players 4 out of the top 5 of your payroll isnt from your farm (arod is 1, tex, aj, and cc are after jeter which is 2nd)

and like i said before it doesnt matter that you guys spent less because you still led the league in payroll by more than 50 million, 50 f**kING MILLION. so what is your point of tell me that you spent less this year as compared to last year

the white sox did have a payroll of 75 mil in 05, this year your salary is 209 MILLION. and you're tryna tell me that money had nothing to do with you winning the championship. you guys do spend a ton of money, i dont even know why you would try to argue that , but i guess thats a yankees fan for you

It's sad as hell that you are too f**king stupid to understand the point I was trying to make.

1) Of course the top 5 on our payroll isn't from the farm..players from the farm are a lot more likely to give a hometown discount..why this is beyond you I will never understand. Plus those cats in the top 5, except for Jeter those are all NEW DEALs you dumb f**k, Of couse the cats with more recent contracts are going to get paid more money, player salaries go up just like inflation. s**t is simple economics

2) You can't f**kin read. I didn't say money had NOTHING to do with it. What I said was: "This bulls**t about it being all about dollars is f**king stupid." As I have already pointed out there have been plenty of teams who have brought home the ring WITHOUT a high payroll and two teams this year who made the playoffs who were in the bottom half of the league in team payroll. Meanwhile, the mets and cubs have massive payrolls and don't even make the playoffs.

What you and these other simple motherf**kers continue to fail to realize, is that it's NOT all about money. You can have all the money in the world, but if you spent like an idiot (see the mets and cubs) you still lose. And if you spend it wisely (like the Twins and Rockies) you can be successful.

Does money help? No f**king doubt. Can you "buy" a championship? Hell no, it takes a whole f**k of a lot more than money to win a ring. And those teams that won rings with low payrolls and all the Yankee teams that spent mad dough and didn't win anything should tell you that. Sadly, you ignorant f**ks are too one dimensional and simple minded to get this s**t through your thick a.ss hating skulls.
 8 years ago '05        #662
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8393 8393
 shonuff12 said:
It's sad as hell that you are too f**king stupid to understand the point I was trying to make.

1) Of course the top 5 on our payroll isn't from the farm..players from the farm are a lot more likely to give a hometown discount..why this is beyond you I will never understand. Plus those cats in the top 5, except for Jeter those are all NEW DEALs you dumb f**k, Of couse the cats with more recent contracts are going to get paid more money, player salaries go up just like inflation. s**t is simple economics

2) You can't f**kin read. I didn't say money had NOTHING to do with it. What I said was: "This bulls**t about it being all about dollars is f**king stupid." As I have already pointed out there have been plenty of teams who have brought home the ring WITHOUT a high payroll and two teams this year who made the playoffs who were in the bottom half of the league in team payroll. Meanwhile, the mets and cubs have massive payrolls and don't even make the playoffs.

What you and these other simple motherf**kers continue to fail to realize, is that it's NOT all about money. You can have all the money in the world, but if you spent like an idiot (see the mets and cubs) you still lose. And if you spend it wisely (like the Twins and Rockies) you can be successful.

Does money help? No f**king doubt. Can you "buy" a championship? Hell no, it takes a whole f**k of a lot more than money to win a ring. And those teams that won rings with low payrolls and all the Yankee teams that spent mad dough and didn't win anything should tell you that. Sadly, you ignorant f**ks are too one dimensional and simple minded to get this s**t through your thick a.ss hating skulls.
homie im reading what you're saying...i just dont agree with it, fact of the matter is most people dont believe what you're saying, i doubt you believe it. you spent a quarter billion dollars on 3 players in one offseason. can you even show me one time that has ever been done in the history of sports. the funniest part is they spent it in a f**king recession. you say money had some to do with it be to many people it has ALL to do with it because you guys have the resources to spend more money than any team in baseball PERIOD. and stop comparing the f**king yankees to teams with lower payrolls when you f**king triple them in salary.

and apparently you are the one that doesnt read post because im not hating you guys were the better team, i dont care how you got the players, buying players like the yankees, or bringing players up from your farm system. the yankees are not the only team that can do it, i wish my phillies would go spend a quarter billion in an offseason, but credit to the yankees they get more revenue coming in as compared to any other team which is why they can throw money at players. someone disagreeing with you should never make you this upset homie . relax you just won the would series you dont have to explain anything to anybody
 8 years ago '06        #663
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 StateProperty88 said:
homie im reading what you're saying...i just dont agree with it, fact of the matter is most people dont believe what you're saying, i doubt you believe it. you spent a quarter billion dollars on 3 players in one offseason. can you even show me one time that has ever been done in the history of sports. the funniest part is they spent it in a f**king recession. you say money had some to do with it be to many people it has ALL to do with it because you guys have the resources to spend more money than any team in baseball PERIOD. and stop comparing the f**king yankees to teams with lower payrolls when you f**king triple them in salary.

and apparently you are the one that doesnt read post because im not hating you guys were the better team, i dont care how you got the players, buying players like the yankees, or bringing players up from your farm system. the yankees are not the only team that can do it, i wish my phillies would go spend a quarter billion in an offseason, but credit to the yankees they get more revenue coming in as compared to any other team which is why they can throw money at players. someone disagreeing with you should never make you this upset homie . relax you just won the would series you dont have to explain anything to anybody
you gonna cause dude to have a heart attack
 8 years ago '07        #664
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
n*ggas still in tears over this? get over it. 27. 28 on the way.

its real simple. yankees make more money than any other franchise so they spend more. blame your s**tty owners for not being able to build s**t.

Last edited by INFAMOUS; 11-22-2009 at 01:27 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #665
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 INF4MOUS said:
n*ggas still in tears over this? get over it. 27. 28 on the way.

its real simple. yankees make more money than any other franchise so they spend more. blame your s**tty owners for not being able to build s**t.
other people are keeping it going. baseball's been over for a long time, but don't be surprised if people don't forget how the Yankees bought their way back.

Even an inbred like yourself is willing to acknowledge that the Yankees make a s**tload and spend more hence the topic of this whole thread. Thanks for posting.
 8 years ago '07        #666
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 beantown85 said:
other people are keeping it going. baseball's been over for a long time, but don't be surprised if people don't forget how the Yankees bought their way back.

Even an inbred like yourself is willing to acknowledge that the Yankees make a s**tload and spend more hence the topic of this whole thread. Thanks for posting.
other people like you

who says they dont make more money. its because they built it up themselves in the mid 90s they made great trades and brought up young studs to build their dynasty. they werent buying players then they built their team up like everyone else could, built tons of revenue with 4 rings in 5 years stop ur b**ching kid.

ur agreeing with me. so whats ur point? they make more and spend more?.....obviously. if they werent spending n*ggas would talk about how greedy they were

cc arod and aj cant perform in the playoffs though right?
 11-26-2009, 07:25 PM         #667
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
You don't agree with it because you completely ignore all the f**king evidence I presented to you.

You have ZERO response to the teams that I pointed out that WON a ring with less money..because there is no argument. It's a FACT that money isn't all it takes to win a championship and it has been PROVEN over and over and over again when teams who don't have high payrolls win rings.

s**t is just funny because I present evidence and examples to prove my points, meanwhile you just talk about how much money the Yankees spent while TOTALLY IGNORING the fact that there have been quite a few teams who have not spent that much, yet have still won rings/gone deep in the playoffs. Then, you have all the teams who have spent TONS of money and not even made the playoffs..figure it out stupid..money doesn't automatically make your team good. Otherwise, teams like the colorado rockies would never make the playoffs, and the Rays never would have made the Series last year..face it..you're wrong and the facts prove it.

You completely and totally ignore the facts and evidence that disprove your obviously foolish opinion and continue to pretend to be right. That either makes you a hater, or a moron.

StateProperty88 said:
Another thing you TOTALLY have wrong is that other teams can't throw money at players. They can..they just don't want too.

Check out the value of other teams, look at what the owners bought them for and how much money the team is worth now. Owners make hundreds of millions of dollars in profits, and then just throw them in their pockets. There were TEN teams THIS YEAR who got 90 MILLION dollars in revenue sharing before they season EVEN STARTED. I bet you can guess how many of those teams had a payroll of 90 million..the answer is ZERO!!! Because the greedy a**hole owners took that 90 million and put 1/3 of it in their pocket rather than actually pay for good players So those teams made 30 million dollars profit and fielded a team FOR FREE!

The FACT is that because of revenue sharing "small market" teams get TONS of FREE money..but rather than go out and get talented players or pay the good players from their farm to stay with the team, they ship them off to other teams and keep the money for themselves.

Add on to that the fact that these owners are multimillionaires themselves, and there is no excuse for teams to cry poverty. It's just a joke and a sham.

Twins owner Carl Pohlad was a genuine multibillionaire, worth 3.6 BILLION dollars at the time of his death in June, but the twins payroll has never broken 70 million dollars PLUS they get an average of 20 million in revenue sharing money each year.

But do the Twins ever spent any money on free agents or even retain their own players? Torii Hunter walked, Johan Santana walked..

Owners have plenty of money to spend on the team..they would just rather just f**k over their fans and make a tidy profit, welcome to the reality.
 8 years ago '05        #668
space
space
 shonuff12 said:
You don't agree with it because you completely ignore all the f**king evidence I presented to you.

You have ZERO response to the teams that I pointed out that WON a ring with less money..because there is no argument. It's a FACT that money isn't all it takes to win a championship and it has been PROVEN over and over and over again when teams who don't have high payrolls win rings.

s**t is just funny because I present evidence and examples to prove my points, meanwhile you just talk about how much money the Yankees spent while TOTALLY IGNORING the fact that there have been quite a few teams who have not spent that much, yet have still won rings/gone deep in the playoffs. Then, you have all the teams who have spent TONS of money and not even made the playoffs..figure it out stupid..money doesn't automatically make your team good. Otherwise, teams like the colorado rockies would never make the playoffs, and the Rays never would have made the Series last year..face it..you're wrong and the facts prove it.

You completely and totally ignore the facts and evidence that disprove your obviously foolish opinion and continue to pretend to be right. That either makes you a hater, or a moron.

Another thing you TOTALLY have wrong is that other teams can't throw money at players. They can..they just don't want too.

Check out the value of other teams, look at what the owners bought them for and how much money the team is worth now. Owners make hundreds of millions of dollars in profits, and then just throw them in their pockets. There were TEN teams THIS YEAR who got 90 MILLION dollars in revenue sharing before they season EVEN STARTED. I bet you can guess how many of those teams had a payroll of 90 million..the answer is ZERO!!! Because the greedy a**hole owners took that 90 million and put 1/3 of it in their pocket rather than actually pay for good players So those teams made 30 million dollars profit and fielded a team FOR FREE!

The FACT is that because of revenue sharing "small market" teams get TONS of FREE money..but rather than go out and get talented players or pay the good players from their farm to stay with the team, they ship them off to other teams and keep the money for themselves.

Add on to that the fact that these owners are multimillionaires themselves, and there is no excuse for teams to cry poverty. It's just a joke and a sham.

Twins owner Carl Pohlad was a genuine multibillionaire, worth 3.6 BILLION dollars at the time of his death in June, but the twins payroll has never broken 70 million dollars PLUS they get an average of 20 million in revenue sharing money each year.

But do the Twins ever spent any money on free agents or even retain their own players? Torii Hunter walked, Johan Santana walked..

Owners have plenty of money to spend on the team..they would just rather just f**k over their fans and make a tidy profit, welcome to the reality.
man yo homie im not going to read all that i did read the beginning though. i keep bringing up the teams with the low payrolls but it seems as though you continue to read over it. the 2009 yankees have nothing in common with them, and like i said for the third time now i still dont know why you are trying to compare the yankees to a team that had 3 times smaller of a payroll.

and seeing as though you havent read my post i will say it AGAIN...the yankees are not the only team that can do it (like i said i wish my phillies did it). owners have plenty of money that they dont spend (even though the yankees do have more to spend, but as a result they are one of the teams that give the most money due to revenue sharing), the yankees do and as a result they can get pretty much whoever they want and thats exactly what they do. but that is buying a championship, no matter how you look at it. there is a reason the yankees give the most money in the revenue sharing, because they earn the most money...that is not a sin homie, i dont know why you act like it is.

and you keep talking about other teams for some reason...we are talking about the 2009 yankees, you want to throw all these other teams in the mix like they have something to do with anything. these other teams dont lead the league in payroll by 60 mil, these other teams didnt give CC a 160 mil contract and spend almost a quarter billion in a offseason so unless you are talking about a team thats done that then no team other than the 2009 yankees are pertinent to this conversation.

if you didnt spend a quarter billion this past offseason would you have won the ring, i doubt it.

seeing as though you wont read my post you are either too ignorant or too angry to realize that i agree with what a lot of what you're saying. either way arguing about this wont change either one of my opinions so go ahead and make another post of how stupid i am and why im wrong although it will change nothing
 8 years ago '07        #669
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,640 | Props total: 436 436
 StateProperty88 said:
man yo homie im not going to read all that i did read the beginning though. i keep bringing up the teams with the low payrolls but it seems as though you continue to read over it. the 2009 yankees have nothing in common with them, and like i said for the third time now i still dont know why you are trying to compare the yankees to a team that had 3 times smaller of a payroll.

and seeing as though you havent read my post i will say it AGAIN...the yankees are not the only team that can do it (like i said i wish my phillies did it). owners have plenty of money that they dont spend (even though the yankees do have more to spend, but as a result they are one of the teams that give the most money due to revenue sharing), the yankees do and as a result they can get pretty much whoever they want and thats exactly what they do. but that is buying a championship, no matter how you look at it. there is a reason the yankees give the most money in the revenue sharing, because they earn the most money...that is not a sin homie, i dont know why you act like it is.

and you keep talking about other teams for some reason...we are talking about the 2009 yankees, you want to throw all these other teams in the mix like they have something to do with anything. these other teams dont lead the league in payroll by 60 mil, these other teams didnt give CC a 160 mil contract and spend almost a quarter billion in a offseason so unless you are talking about a team thats done that then no team other than the 2009 yankees are pertinent to this conversation.

if you didnt spend a quarter billion this past offseason would you have won the ring, i doubt it.

seeing as though you wont read my post you are either too ignorant or too angry to realize that i agree with what a lot of what you're saying. either way arguing about this wont change either one of my opinions so go ahead and make another post of how stupid i am and why im wrong although it will change nothing

Then how come the yankees didn't win those past years from 2001-2008 if you can say, arguably, we was spending about the same money?

Yes... of course money gets your team in contention almost every year but no it doesn't buy you a ring. According to your logic, if it did, then we would win every year lol. :greetings10:
 8 years ago '05        #670
space
space
 DaForce13 said:
Then how come the yankees didn't win those past years from 2001-2008 if you can say, arguably, we was spending about the same money?

Yes... of course money gets your team in contention almost every year but no it doesn't buy you a ring. According to your logic, if it did, then we would win every year lol. :greetings10:
well how good exactly were the yankees last year? last i checked they didnt make the playoffs. then they give cc 160 mill and spend a quarter billion on 3 players in ONE offseason. everyone wants to bring up these other teams when to be honest this year's yankees is truly unique team.

and the yanks have tried to buy a ring as of late, but their big money acquisitions just havent panned out since their last ring(i.e. pavon, johnson, kevin brown, and so on)

and do yourself a favor and look at past yankees payrolls (especially during their 3-peat), you well probably be surprised at the difference. take their 00 ring and compare it to this year

00 total payroll- 92 million
09 total payroll- 201 million

highest paid player in 00- Bernie williams at 12.3 million
highest paid player in 09- A-rod at 33 million

the yankees have said continuously these past few years that they will do whatever it takes to win a ring, and they have done so and should be praised for it

Last edited by StateProperty88; 11-27-2009 at 12:19 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #671
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
well how good exactly were the yankees last year? last i checked they didnt make the playoffs. then they give cc 160 mill and spend a quarter billion on 3 players in ONE offseason. everyone wants to bring up these other teams when to be honest this year's yankees is truly unique team.

and the yanks have tried to buy a ring as of late, but their big money acquisitions just havent panned out since their last ring(i.e. pavon, johnson, kevin brown, and so on)

and do yourself a favor and look at past yankees payrolls (especially during their 3-peat), you well probably be surprised at the difference. take their 00 ring and compare it to this year

00 total payroll- 92 million
09 total payroll- 201 million

highest paid player in 00- Bernie williams at 12.3 million
highest paid player in 09- A-rod at 33 million

the yankees have said continuously these past few years that they will do whatever it takes to win a ring, and they have done so and should be praised for it

so money doesn't always buy you a ring... lol

i 100% understand where your coming from and in some aspect your right... but you just proved that money DOES NOT always buy you a ring from YOUR examples you just used...

and to be fair... yankees did spend a quarter of a billion dollars but we are talking about over the span of some years... CC=7 years AJ=5 years TEX=8 years ... we are not talking about just one year... this offseason alone yankees have 50 million dollars coming from the payroll... just putting in my two cents

and I have looked at the payroll from the last 10 years and the yankees have had the highest... you still haven't explained to me WHY WE DIDN'T WIN THEM ALL if money can truly buy you a ring lol
 8 years ago '05        #672
space
space
 DaForce13 said:
so money doesn't always buy you a ring... lol

i 100% understand where your coming from and in some aspect your right... but you just proved that money DOES NOT always buy you a ring from YOUR examples you just used...

and to be fair... yankees did spend a quarter of a billion dollars but we are talking about over the span of some years... CC=7 years AJ=5 years TEX=8 years ... we are not talking about just one year... this offseason alone yankees have 50 million dollars coming from the payroll... just putting in my two cents

and I have looked at the payroll from the last 10 years and the yankees have had the highest... you still haven't explained to me WHY WE DIDN'T WIN THEM ALL if money can truly buy you a ring lol
you are 100% right, i never said that it does always buy you a ring, but the thread is referring to this years team and i do believe that this year's yankees bought a ring. and the reason they havent won it every year is because a lot of those players that they gave a boatload of money to did not produce like the names i said earlier (johnson, giambi, pavano, brown, etc) even though they gave these guys a BUNCH of money, they underachieved which resulted in no rings. so the yanks go rid of em and put just as much money if not more into other players
 8 years ago '07        #673
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
you are 100% right, i never said that it does always buy you a ring, but the thread is referring to this years team and i do believe that this year's yankees bought a ring. and the reason they havent won it every year is because a lot of those players that they gave a boatload of money to did not produce like the names i said earlier (johnson, giambi, pavano, brown, etc) even though they gave these guys a BUNCH of money, they underachieved which resulted in no rings. so the yanks go rid of em and put just as much money if not more into other players

Less because we spend less in 09 and we did in 08...

@ the bolded... so you would say it takes MORE than money even if the yankees spend out there a.ss to get the players... its takes everyone staying healthy, good defense, good a.ss bullpen (where in the playoffs, it was Mo, Joba, Hughes, and Marte... where none of thoses was bought, Mo, Jobe, Hughes=farm and Marte was trade), Mo... who is in a class of his own and AROD proved if you dont have a great closer (since he hit an winning or tieing RBI off them all) your f**ked, timing hitting, and good management picking players you need.

So it has to be A LITTLE more than money... Im not saying money don't help get you in the talk of a WS every year, but previous people saying JUST MONEY alone (you didn't say it State but the other haters) buys you one... it a retarded and we just proved... unlogically.
 8 years ago '05        #674
space
space
 DaForce13 said:
Less because we spend less in 09 and we did in 08...

@ the bolded... so you would say it takes MORE than money even if the yankees spend out there a.ss to get the players... its takes everyone staying healthy, good defense, good a.ss bullpen (where in the playoffs, it was Mo, Joba, Hughes, and Marte... where none of thoses was bought, Mo, Jobe, Hughes=farm and Marte was trade), Mo... who is in a class of his own and AROD proved if you dont have a great closer (since he hit an winning or tieing RBI off them all) your f**ked, timing hitting, and good management picking players you need.

So it has to be A LITTLE more than money... Im not saying money don't help get you in the talk of a WS every year, but previous people saying JUST MONEY alone (you didn't say it State but the other haters) buys you one... it a retarded and we just proved... unlogically.
well you get what you pay for homie. you got tex for good defense and good hitting, you got aj and cc for pitching in big games and being horses on your staff. like i said before the problem with previous you is that they werent getting their money's worth, thats no fault of the yanks thats the fault of the player. it takes a team to play to the best of their abilities to win a ring that goes without saying. but if you have a team that has the payroll they have especially when its so much more than the rest of the league. then you should expect to win
 8 years ago '07        #675
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
well you get what you pay for homie. you got tex for good defense and good hitting, you got aj and cc for pitching in big games and being horses on your staff. like i said before the problem with previous you is that they werent getting their money's worth, thats no fault of the yanks thats the fault of the player. it takes a team to play to the best of their abilities to win a ring that goes without saying. but if you have a team that has the payroll they have especially when its so much more than the rest of the league. then you should expect to win

your right and thats why unlike certain clubs, its World Series or bust for the Yankees... and it was some of the yankees fault just not doing history checks into these names that was supposely come and pan out. and your right, as a yankee fan I expect my team to be competing, if not, win every single year lol
 8 years ago '07        #676
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
but it takes more than money... if it was JUST money than we would win every year
 8 years ago '05        #677
space
space
 DaForce13 said:
but it takes more than money... if it was JUST money than we would win every year
it does take the players that you pay the money for to perform to their ability as well as their salary...i will compromise with you there lol
 8 years ago '07        #678
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
lol it took 35 pages to compromise but it could be done lol

i can't talk to ignorant people who won't even understand the other person point of view even in sports
 8 years ago '05        #679
space
space
 DaForce13 said:
lol it took 35 pages to compromise but it could be done lol

i can't talk to ignorant people who won't even understand the other person point of view even in sports
i fell you homie its funny how people catch feelings on here because you dont agree with em, like they cant see things any other way from their way
 11-28-2009, 06:06 AM         #680
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
Actually the Yankee have plenty in common with the other teams I mentioned. They made the right moves that it takes to win. Which is what REALLY matters in baseball, not HOW much money you have available, but how WISELY you spend it. Which is the whole damn point

StateProperty88 said:
First and foremost, you said that "get more revenue coming in as compared to any other team which is why they can throw money at players." The point of me going into that whole thing about revenue sharing and the other owners being billionaires is simply to make the point that the amount of money other teams spend has little to do with the amount of revenue they take in. The fact is that the majority of teams are able to spend tons of money on their players, they just choose not too. It has little to nothing to do with the amount of revenue the teams take in because 1/3 of the league don't even spend enough on player payroll to equal the amount of money they get from the league via revenue sharing, TV rights, etc.

Those teams having more revenue would not a damn difference as to whether they spend money or not because they have already demonstrated that they clearly have no interest improving their clubs, even with "free" money.

You obviously have no idea how revenue sharing works. They don't give the most in revenue sharing because they earn the most revenue, they give more because they have a higher payroll. These are totally different things.

And as I have pointed out several million times in this exchange, you can't "buy" a championship. You can spend TONS of money and not win a damn thing, and you can spent less than the average team and still win the world series. I have demonstrated this over and over again throughout this discussion, but you still have this ignorant concept that a championship can be "bought" when the fact of the matter is, it can't. Otherwise the Yankees would have won it every single year of the last 10 years because they have regularly had the highest payroll by far.

StateProperty88 said:
Actually I keep talking about other teams to make a simple point, which is somehow vastly too complicated for you to grasp despite it's simplicity. That point is that you can't "buy" a championship, you have the make the right choices with your money, have the right core of players around your free agent acquisitions, the right manager to control all the egos, etc. You want to make it sound so simple, as though all you have to do to win in baseball is just throw money at expensive free agents and you will automatically win. As I have demonstrated over and over again by naming teams with high payrolls who have done NOTHING (like the 08 Yankees), this a.ssertion is simply not true and history shows otherwise.

StateProperty88 said:
There's no way to know that, and to even speculate about it just reveals your obvious bias. AS I have ably demonstrated throughout this back and forth, lots of teams with low payrolls and successful and lots of teams with high payrolls don't even make the playoffs.

StateProperty88 said:
I actually read all your posts, in fact if you were even half paying attention you would note that I quote them directly piece by piece as I respond. The problem is not my unwillingness to read, it's your inability to articulate what you are actually trying to say.

I am not worried about changing your opinions, because people who have spent this much time ignoring the facts that I have laid out in this conversation are either too biased or too ignorant to have their opinion changed. However, this conversation is worthwhile for me if even one other person looks at this exchange and realizes how insanely off base some of the things you say are and how shallow your knowledge of the simple economics of baseball is.

Your continued insistence that the Yankees "bought" a ring, this year or ever is pure fiction and I have demonstrated historically that it takes FAR more than just money to win a ring, no matter if it is this year, last year, or any other year.

The Yankees could have spent as much money as they wanted too, if they didn't get the right supporting cast, management, trainers, etc for the team, plus a little luck, then it wouldn't have been successful.

Last edited by shonuff12; 11-28-2009 at 06:15 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
73 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
101 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
106 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
38 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy