Lol Yankees Trying to buy a WS

most viewed right now
 200
 NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 82
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 82
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 66
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
197 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #401
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
since they can't spend a whole lot on players, they will invest on getting the best scouters in the game ultimately leading up to having one of the best farm systems in the game.
so aside from signing the best available players, they'll have flexibility since they can bring up young players.

i remember they had an article months ago on this and it explained more reasons why boston and ny and other teams would benefit tremendously.
 05-08-2009, 06:45 AM         #402
Ya'll Fags 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Already time to remodel Homerun Derby Field
 9 years ago '05        #403
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
 Manny05 said:
since they can't spend a whole lot on players, they will invest on getting the best scouters in the game ultimately leading up to having one of the best farm systems in the game.
so aside from signing the best available players, they'll have flexibility since they can bring up young players.

i remember they had an article months ago on this and it explained more reasons why boston and ny and other teams would benefit tremendously.
lol eh well i can certainly tell u that every other team wud rather have the yanks and sox put money into their scouts than go out and buy every top player. lol im sorry but thats a weak arguement
 05-08-2009, 09:26 AM         #404
dre4dollas 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They were betting off buying a small country or an island
 9 years ago '06        #405
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 jay964 said:
lol eh well i can certainly tell u that every other team wud rather have the yanks and sox put money into their scouts than go out and buy every top player. lol im sorry but thats a weak arguement
How is that weak???
If the sox had a salary cap then there would be a limit on how much a free agent can get paid.
Now imagine if brAun was a fa, sox sign him for maybe 10-15 mil tops. They bring him in and sign their young players, like they already did with cheap contracts. Think about it if the player knows he wont get more on the mArket then he will sigN a cheaper contract.
Posted via Mobile Device
meh my point depends on the actual salary cap


Last edited by Manny05; 05-08-2009 at 10:23 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #406
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
 Manny05 said:
How is that weak???
If the sox had a salary cap then there would be a limit on how much a free agent can get paid.
Now imagine if brAun was a fa, sox sign him for maybe 10-15 mil tops. They bring him in and sign their young players, like they already did with cheap contracts. Think about it if the player knows he wont get more on the mArket then he will sigN a cheaper contract.
Posted via Mobile Device
meh my point depends on the actual salary cap
i see ur point but still.. if the top free agent signs with the yanks/sox and they offer him a s**tload they wud not be able to sign the next top 3 free agents and have a roster filled with high priced players.. thats all im trying to say.. baseball needs a cap.. there is a reason the other sports in north america have one
but i can't hate on the sox/yanks fan who dont want a salary cap.. s**t when the nhl got a salary cap i was pissed as hell cuz i know the leafs are the richest team in the nhl.. but deep down i knew the salary cap is good for the sport
 9 years ago '06        #407
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
Honestly im all for a salary cap
i mean the only team that can outbid us is the yankees
so if there was a cap money wouldnt be an issus. It would be all up to the player to decide what team he wants to play for
Posted via Mobile Device
 9 years ago '05        #408
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
 Manny05 said:
Honestly im all for a salary cap
i mean the only team that can outbid us is the yankees
so if there was a cap money wouldnt be an issus. It would be all up to the player to decide what team he wants to play for
Posted via Mobile Device
ur prolly the only red sox fan in favour of a cap.. props
 9 years ago '06        #409
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
probably ^. but yea like i was saying, the salary cap would be huge for baseball. it would literally level the playing field (obviously years later)
 05-08-2009, 01:00 PM         #410
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Manny05 said:
probably ^. but yea like i was saying, the salary cap would be huge for baseball. it would literally level the playing field (obviously years later)
No it wouldn't. The Yankees Red Sox and Mets will still have extra money. They could invest in player development, hire more personnel, invest in over-seas scouting, etc.
 9 years ago '06        #411
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
thats why i said years later............
 9 years ago '06        #412
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
avatar space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 Spiffy818 said:
we cant even buy a win

the chemistry and the face expressions look horrible, It's like watching a funeral baseball game
they look like they all about to get fired if they screw up, no the way to be playing baseball.

maybe now that afraud is back he can take some of the heat off the new Yankees that georgia spent 2343423 billion on
 9 years ago '06        #413
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 KrayLay said:
No it wouldn't. The Yankees Red Sox and Mets will still have extra money. They could invest in player development, hire more personnel, invest in over-seas scouting, etc.
So what, once those players develop and need a contract, there is an even playing field for the rest of the teams to bid. The bigger teams would just be doing the rest of the league a favor. You are talking like another baseball team can't invest in player developement/personnel/scouting. It aint that black and white.
 9 years ago '04        #414
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,512 | Props total: 6 6
where do you even set the cap number?

The Yankees are tippin at $200 mil and the Marlins are tippin at $40 mil. Obviously some teams won't be able to even reach the Cap limit.
 9 years ago '05        #415
BoSox84 
space
avatar space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 KSoraci7 said:
So what, once those players develop and need a contract, there is an even playing field for the rest of the teams to bid. The bigger teams would just be doing the rest of the league a favor. You are talking like another baseball team can't invest in player developement/personnel/scouting. It aint that black and white.
But the improved minor league system improves the depth of the franchise so when these players demand bigger money than the team can fit under the cap, there's someone groomed and ready to take over
 9 years ago '06        #416
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
avatar space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 tommymm96 said:
where do you even set the cap number?

The Yankees are tippin at $200 mil and the Marlins are tippin at $40 mil. Obviously some teams won't be able to even reach the Cap limit.
I know but it needs to be done, this s**t is ridiculous. I would like to see them work for something in the future if they don't plan on doing it aniytime soon.
 05-13-2009, 09:57 AM         #417
GOAAT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yankees r a joke...
Posted via Mobile Device
 9 years ago '06        #418
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
avatar space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Hey New York how are your teams doing??

We got a couple of teams f!ghting to get into the conference finals in 2 different sports, a team 1 game out of first place.

Haven't heard much from NY lately how they doing??
 9 years ago '06        #419
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
avatar space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 GOAAT said:
Yankees r a joke...
Posted via Mobile Device
No they're not. They're doing good for h aving a 200 million dollar+ payroll
 8 years ago '06        #420
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
avatar space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 Spiffy818 said:
Fire Girardi
Bring in Willie
Spend money on Bullpen

Its easier said then done, but with the money George has, its very well possible
are u still saying fire girardi?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 85
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
29 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 65
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
280 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 47
Is Harlem World a Classic?
135 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 37
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
67 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
43 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 16
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy