Lol Yankees Trying to buy a WS

most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
188 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
29 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #321
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 shonuff12 said:
They still are sitting on some..like 88 mil came off this year..and they spent about 69 mil of that for Wang, CC, Burnett, and Tex...they still have like 19 mil left to make last year's salary figure!
yea i know...they can still sign manny if they wanted to...
 12-24-2008, 11:33 PM         #322
GrilledCheese 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Obviously a lot of people don't know jack sh*t about baseball or money, so let me enlighten you a little:

-Yankees had close to 90 million coming off the books due to players leaving the team. That's 90 million in YEARLY salary. Just like the knicks and other teams planning on having contracts that expire in 2010 so they can have enough money free'd up to sign Lebron and the rest. It's the exact same principle minus the salary tax. So for you who hate on Cashman, and say that the Yanks are trying to buy a WS: If a team has serious needs in vital areas, and have a lot of money clearing off the payroll, how can you hate them for signing the players they needed with their available resources? Especially when they're making the team better, while lowering the payroll at the same time? In Teixeira's new deal, he's making 1 million [U]less[U] than Giambi was making in his deal. Teixeira's deal is longer, but they're still saving when you factor in the revenue coming in on top of the revenue they would have already been making.

-They didn't spend 424 million dollars over the past month, they committed that much money to the new players. Meaning the only money the Yankees lost over the past 2 months were signing bonuses and luxury tax. That 424 million will be spent over the next 5-8 years. So the yankees didn't just spend 424 million in a recession. If there's a recession in 2015 then that would be true. Stop crying about how everyone's losing money and they just spent 424 million b/c it's not true. And if you don't believe that then your obviously not that bright...

- In 2001 when Henry and co. bought the red sox, their #1 plan was to catch up with the Yankees financially so they could compete. They didn't cry and complain, they played the game with a way smaller city. An owner that put the money back into the product to win, and what happened? 2 world series championships over the next 7 years. "but the red sox never spent $$ to win", oh really? Dice-k, Manny, amd Beckett were largely responsible for those ws rings, had money literally thrown at them. I honestly don't remember what they sign Ortiz for but that was another free agent signing. If it wasn't them those rings would have never came. If your a real red sox fan, you know this.

So quit your bi*chin and complaining b/c it's easy to see how sour and jealous you are that the Yankee's just had a masterful offseason, all by the rules, and saving money at the same time. Yankee fans that wanted to get rid of Cashman? He just made a lot better and a little cheaper, now if only it was cheaper to watch them in person!
 12-24-2008, 11:34 PM         #323
GrilledCheese 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
edit: accidental double post

Last edited by GrilledCheese; 12-24-2008 at 11:35 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #324
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 INF4MOUS said:
how many boston owners croaked in the 86 years u didnt win sh*t?

4 rings :greetings10:
You didn't asnwer my question though.

I wanted to know why if the Yankees are so great they have to pay way more than everyone else for their players

how's that work??? Everyone who has signed this offseason has said "I wanted to be a Yankee" you did??? is that why it took you forever to sign the deal and tehy had to pay you more than everyone else because that doesn't sound like a place anyone wants to go.
 9 years ago '06        #325
space
space
 GrilledCheese said:

[pic - click to view]

Obviously a lot of people don't know jack sh*t about baseball or money, so let me enlighten you a little:

-Yankees had close to 90 million coming off the books due to players leaving the team. That's 90 million in YEARLY salary. Just like the knicks and other teams planning on having contracts that expire in 2010 so they can have enough money free'd up to sign Lebron and the rest. It's the exact same principle minus the salary tax. So for you who hate on Cashman, and say that the Yanks are trying to buy a WS: If a team has serious needs in vital areas, and have a lot of money clearing off the payroll, how can you hate them for signing the players they needed with their available resources? Especially when they're making the team better, while lowering the payroll at the same time? In Teixeira's new deal, he's making 1 million [U]less[U] than Giambi was making in his deal. Teixeira's deal is longer, but they're still saving when you factor in the revenue coming in on top of the revenue they would have already been making.

-They didn't spend 424 million dollars over the past month, they committed that much money to the new players. Meaning the only money the Yankees lost over the past 2 months were signing bonuses and luxury tax. That 424 million will be spent over the next 5-8 years. So the yankees didn't just spend 424 million in a recession. If there's a recession in 2015 then that would be true. Stop crying about how everyone's losing money and they just spent 424 million b/c it's not true. And if you don't believe that then your obviously not that bright...

- In 2001 when Henry and co. bought the red sox, their #1 plan was to catch up with the Yankees financially so they could compete. They didn't cry and complain, they played the game with a way smaller city. An owner that put the money back into the product to win, and what happened? 2 world series championships over the next 7 years. "but the red sox never spent $$ to win", oh really? Dice-k, Manny, amd Beckett were largely responsible for those ws rings, had money literally thrown at them. I honestly don't remember what they sign Ortiz for but that was another free agent signing. If it wasn't them those rings would have never came. If your a real red sox fan, you know this.

So quit your bi*chin and complaining b/c it's easy to see how sour and jealous you are that the Yankee's just had a masterful offseason, all by the rules, and saving money at the same time. Yankee fans that wanted to get rid of Cashman? He just made a lot better and a little cheaper, now if only it was cheaper to watch them in person!
Yea the Yankees have really shred payroll this offseason :rolleyes:
 9 years ago '05        #326
justindlawson 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,860 | Props total: 0 0
 GrilledCheese said:

[pic - click to view]

awesome points for people that just dont get it.

more info...

manny was signed by the old ownership
josh beckett was a trade..then we resigned him to 10mil a year(very cheap)
Dice K makes 8,333,333/yr
Ortiz makes 13 mil
mvp pedroia made $457,000 in 2008. (WHATTTTTT) he did just sign a deal this offseason...i believe for 6 million or 7 million for 6 or 7 years
and Youkilis made 3 million...
 9 years ago '06        #327
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 GrilledCheese said:

[pic - click to view]

*Those Red Sox acquisitions are totally off in ur post*

Let me start by saying, i'm not talking sh*t right now. I'm puttin this topic into perspective for every yankee fan that wants to run their mouth in defense like this dude & wreaks of denial in their posts. I think i speak for almost all fans of baseball on this point:

First off, Good for you. As any fan of watever team u rep, it's great to see ur team have good signings, if not multiple ones in the offseason. Real Talk.

That said, there's nothing masterful about paying every player an amount that the other teams can't, thats absolute absurd reasoning. That is not the skill of a gm, and quite frankly if ur gm had skill, you'd have _____ chips since this new spending era of a 200mill+ happened. They have the highest paid catcher/1stbaseman/SS/3rdbaseman/pitcher/closer in the HISTORY of the game. Its like goin around the horn with out of hand spending.

Simply put:

The whole thing that is sickening is that the yankees scooped up almost every free agent by outbidding what every other team could afford while still lowering ur team's salary. Let me repeat, while still lowering their team's salary. I don't understand why yankee fans keep bringing that up like it matters anyway, like they woulda been starving if they added another 5-10-20-sh*t 100mill above last year's salary. That isn't an issue for them, and clearly not the point.

This type of monopoly is absurd and bad for baseball. It's not jealously from other fans, some people actually like baseball for the sport, while not being a stan for their team. I'm not talkin as a red sox fan right now, i'm talkin as fan of baseball.

Last edited by Soraci7; 12-25-2008 at 08:54 AM..
 12-25-2008, 09:14 AM         #328
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown85 said:

I wanted to know why if the Yankees are so great they have to pay way more than everyone else for their players

how's that work??? Everyone who has signed this offseason has said "I wanted to be a Yankee" you did??? is that why it took you forever to sign the deal and tehy had to pay you more than everyone else because that doesn't sound like a place anyone wants to go.
They don't pay a lot more. Just more. I explained that in my earlier post. And if they don't want to go to NY, they're idiots for going. That's on them. But I don't care and neither should you, beause in the end they're on the Yankees. So deal with it.
 12-25-2008, 09:17 AM         #329
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KSoraci7 said:
*Those Red Sox acquisitions are totally off in ur post*

Let me start by saying, i'm not talking sh*t right now. I'm puttin this topic into perspective for every yankee fan that wants to run their mouth in defense like this dude & wreaks of denial in their posts. I think i speak for almost all fans of baseball on this point:

First off, Good for you. As any fan of watever team u rep, it's great to see ur team have good signings, if not multiple ones in the offseason. Real Talk.

That said, there's nothing masterful about paying every player an amount that the other teams can't, thats absolute absurd reasoning. That is not the skill of a gm, and quite frankly if ur gm had skill, you'd have _____ chips since this new spending era of a 200mill+ happened. They have the highest paid catcher/1stbaseman/SS/3rdbaseman/pitcher/closer in the HISTORY of the game. Its like goin around the horn with out of hand spending.

Simply put:

The whole thing that is sickening is that the yankees scooped up almost every free agent by outbidding what every other team could afford while still lowering ur team's salary. Let me repeat, while still lowering their team's salary. I don't understand why yankee fans keep bringing that up like it matters anyway, like they woulda been starving if they added another 5-10-20-sh*t 100mill above last year's salary. That isn't an issue for them, and clearly not the point.

This type of monopoly is absurd and bad for baseball. It's not jealously from other fans, some people actually like baseball for the sport, while not being a stan for their team. I'm not talkin as a red sox fan right now, i'm talkin as fan of baseball.
Can you explain why this is bad though. Give me some good reasons. People say it's bad, but without reasoning. It isn't because the Yankees always win, because they don't. And it isn't because other teams can't compete, because they do.
 9 years ago '06        #330
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 KrayLay said:
Can you explain why this is bad though. Give me some good reasons. People say it's bad, but without reasoning. It isn't because the Yankees always win, because they don't. And it isn't because other teams can't compete, because they do.
Will it take you signing Manny to understand yet, if not at what point would you??? My previous post pretty much makes it clear.
 12-25-2008, 10:24 AM         #331
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KSoraci7 said:
Will it take you signing Manny to understand yet, if not at what point would you??? My previous post pretty much makes it clear.
You failed to give me a reason.
 9 years ago '07        #332
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 dogmanx23 said:
And they want the City to give me more money so they can do work on the stadium. Yes thats tax payers money.
they paid 800 mill of their own money
 9 years ago '07        #333
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 beantown85 said:

probably because they know they can get much more bread with the yankees than any other team.

what you fail to realize through those hating eyes is that its a life choice. why wouldnt you want an extra 10 mill if you can get it? thats like 3 cribs and 7 cars right there on top of the money ur gettin already

the braves offered burnett 16 mill per for 5 years and the yankees gave him 18 per for 5. thats not that dramatic of a difference anyway, so why not hold out and try to squeeze out an extra 2 mill a year for a team you know can afford it?

the sox offered teixeira 8 years 170 while the yankees offered 8 years 180. 10 mill over 8 years is what ur bi*ching about?? ur owners cheap as fu*k

just accept that big teixy didnt wana play for your team
 9 years ago '07        #334
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 KSoraci7 said:
That said, there's nothing masterful about paying every player an amount that the other teams can't, thats absolute absurd reasoning.
another retarded post by this kid. 10 mill over 8 years more than ur offer for big teixy is an amount the sox cant? please kid

2.5 mill more per year than the braves offered burnett is that much a difference? fu*k outta here youre ignorant
 9 years ago '04        #335
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,719 | Props total: 13114 13114
 INF4MOUS said:
another retarded post by this kid. 10 mill over 8 years more than ur offer for big teixy is an amount the sox cant? please kid

2.5 mill more per year than the braves offered burnett is that much a difference? fu*k outta here youre ignorant
word, i hate that guy. hopefully he :hang: himself after the celtics got r*ped.
 9 years ago '06        #336
space
space
 dogmanx23 said:
And they want the City to give me more money so they can do work on the stadium. Yes thats tax payers money.
I know right, that sh*t was dirty. They were talking on ESPN about how the Yankees organization was destroying a city park and displacing homes

what a great organization
 12-26-2008, 01:02 AM         #337
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown85 said:
I know right, that sh*t was dirty. They were talking on ESPN about how the Yankees organization was destroying a city park and displacing homes

@ this moron talking about this sh*t when he's never been anywhere near the BX..you should see the "park" they got rid off
 9 years ago '07        #338
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 beantown85 said:

take a walk through that park after hours n*gga see if itll be missed

blatant hate
 12-26-2008, 01:44 PM         #339
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown85 said:

Did they show the "park" on ESPN?
 9 years ago '06        #340
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
@ Kray: did you watch the "Manny being Manny" show they had yesterday?!?

if you watch that, you'll know exactly what i was talking about when i said manny quit on us.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
275 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
56 comments
1 day ago