most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #301
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
its football season now.i'll worry about the yankees in the spring.

get of our d*cks...........
 12-23-2008, 11:25 PM         #302
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wepainters said:
if this was the logic, 90% of threads should be closed fu*king idiot
Exactly.

In all seriousness, they will be favorite, and probably rightfully so. I'm not going to make any predictions until the end of March, which is what I've been doing for three years.

However, the best team rarely wins the WS. 4 out of 7 games doesn't show much. I'm not saying that the playoffs are poorly constructed, you can't be having 30 game series. But my point is luck has a large effect. You're two pitchers can have 1 bad game and you're done.

Last edited by KrayLay; 12-23-2008 at 11:28 PM..
 12-23-2008, 11:27 PM         #303
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ yankee haters being mad while the Yanks load up for another run

tens of millions came off the Yankees salary this year..fu*k you thought? They were gonna sit on it?
 12-23-2008, 11:30 PM         #304
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption81 said:
They got a shot, but crazy sh*t happens in Baseball all the time.
real talk
 9 years ago '06        #305
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
 KrayLay said:
You're going to compare the Yankees spending to millions of dollars to a country carrying out imperialism and affecting millions of people's lives? shut the fu*k up. moron.

So, what you want the Yankees to do is sit on all the money they have, and let other teams, especially a team that is in their divison, have a chance so the Yankees can look like an "ethical" team. GTFOHWBS.
wow your a fu*king monkey aren't you. it was not meant to be taken as a direct literal comparison. congrats.

it could be argued that baseball becomes a stronger product when it has the most teams in the running for a playoff position. well this kind of bullsh*t eliminates a handful for the next x amount of years. no one said sit on the money they have u clown...there are investments in areas other than payroll believe it or not. but holy sh*t grabbing up 3 of the top 5 FA's just like that, is a fu*king joke. obv they are the biggest market for baseball, but that doesnt mean they should be allowed to put an all star at every position like they're damn well doing. this is why no one likes this bullsh*t franchise. when u have a luxary tax bigger than payrolls...and still can't win...maybe its time to try a new sport
 9 years ago '06        #306
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 shonuff12 said:
@ yankee haters being mad while the Yanks load up for another run

tens of millions came off the Yankees salary this year..fu*k you thought? They were gonna sit on it?
i was expecting them to sit on "some" money lmao..but they went nuts.
hmm wonder how long it will take before detroit decides to give up miguel cabrera lol.
or better yet, wait for holliday.
 12-24-2008, 10:47 AM         #307
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow your a fu*king monkey aren't you. it was not meant to be taken as a direct literal comparison. congrats.
It was a stupid fu*king analogy. Regardless of what you meant.
it could be argued that baseball becomes a stronger product when it has the most teams in the running for a playoff position. well this kind of bullsh*t eliminates a handful for the next x amount of years. no one said sit on the money they have u clown...there are investments in areas other than payroll believe it or not. but holy sh*t grabbing up 3 of the top 5 FA's just like that, is a fu*king joke. obv they are the biggest market for baseball, but that doesnt mean they should be allowed to put an all star at every position like they're damn well doing. this is why no one likes this bullsh*t franchise. when u have a luxary tax bigger than payrolls...and still can't win...maybe its time to try a new sport
Stop whining. They make the most money. They'll spend the most money. You think they're only making major investment in the payroll? Their payroll is fu*king peanuts. They're a 1.5 billion dollar franchise. The payroll is not that much generally speaking.

And if you don't like them signing 3 top FAs write a letter to the commissioner. The Yankees aren't breaking any rules.
 9 years ago '06        #308
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
lmao they had so many people on sportscenter today talking about how baseball needs a salary cap before the Yankees buy trheir own all star team too.

lol @ the new york paper saying cash is kind everyone knows yanks tryna buy a ring this year they pathetic lmao
 9 years ago '06        #309
space
space
another thing I always wondered about is if the Yankees are so great, why do they have to overpay for everyone tehy get??? Seems like they have to offer way more money to get some of these guys to come to their team. Seems like if they were really such a great franchise that they would not need to overpay for people

o well steinbrenner about to croke they need buy him a ring for xmas
 9 years ago '06        #310
space
space
 SHootar said:

Seems like the Yankees fans are the only fans that are acint like they're not doing anything wrong

They will try to justify it and sh*t god knows that they 're not the ones paying the salaries so it's easy for them to call other teams cheap
 12-24-2008, 11:08 AM         #311
bUsSa BrOwN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 renagade281 said:
So what else is new. The sad part about it is that they always tryna buy a WS and they haven't been able to do it in a while
the only difference is this year they got some pitching which they haven't done in a while.

offensively the team is always solid. they just need quality starters which is what they went & did with the acquisition of burnett & sabathia.

i mean i been a yankee fan since they was sh*t in the 80s and i don't like the fact that they tryin to buy themselves a world series but they are gonna have a monster team this year. should be interesting to watch
 9 years ago '06        #312
kpdawg2006 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,823 | Props total: 191 191
how the fu*k can a team pay 4 players damn near 800 mil dollars and get a new stadium during a recession?!?!? Thats why eveything costs 20% higher in manhattan a fu*kin Yankee tax
 12-24-2008, 12:16 PM         #313
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kpdawg2006 said:
how the fu*k can a team pay 4 players damn near 800 mil dollars and get a new stadium during a recession?!?!? Thats why eveything costs 20% higher in manhattan a fu*kin Yankee tax
They signed 3 for 425. what are you talking about.
 12-24-2008, 01:22 PM         #314
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown85 said:
another thing I always wondered about is if the Yankees are so great, why do they have to overpay for everyone tehy get??? Seems like they have to offer way more money to get some of these guys to come to their team. Seems like if they were really such a great franchise that they would not need to overpay for people

It called bidding.

They out bid the Braves by about 5 million.
Outbid Boston by about 10 million.
The Sabathia bidding never took off. The only deal on the table was the Brewers and if the Yankees didn't get him I'm sure another team would have bid higher.
 9 years ago '07        #315
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 beantown85 said:

how many boston owners croaked in the 86 years u didnt win sh*t?

4 rings :greetings10:
 9 years ago '05        #316
X2jd2x 
space
space
$991 | Props total: 0 0
hatersssssssssssss
 9 years ago '04        #317
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 328 328
 KrayLay said:
They signed 3 for 425. what are you talking about.
I think he means if you include A-Rod.
 9 years ago '04        #318
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 328 328
 kpdawg2006 said:
And they want the City to give me more money so they can do work on the stadium. Yes thats tax payers money.
 12-24-2008, 09:54 PM         #319
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Manny05 said:
i was expecting them to sit on "some" money lmao..but they went nuts.
hmm wonder how long it will take before detroit decides to give up miguel cabrera lol.
or better yet, wait for holliday.
They still are sitting on some..like 88 mil came off this year..and they spent about 69 mil of that for Wang, CC, Burnett, and Tex...they still have like 19 mil left to make last year's salary figure!
 12-24-2008, 09:55 PM         #320
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dogmanx23 said:
And they want the City to give me more money so they can do work on the stadium. Yes thats tax payers money.
@ you for being too stupid to realize that the yankees organization probably pays more taxes than everyone else in the Bronx combined. plus they employ people all over the city
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy