Nov 15 - Comedian Katt Williams hospitalized in Sumter

most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
153 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
182 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #21
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,901 | Props total: 25734 25734
yo katt i hope he gets better 4 real tho i like dude funny as hell i met him once when he was on sunset he didn't just sign a autograph and leave he sat at the table with me and my girl and chopped it up for like 10 minutes hell he even paid the bill and he didn't even eat or drink anything
 9 years ago '08        #22
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,764 | Props total: 12242 12242
My bro supposed to go see this n*gga on New Year's Eve..I told him b4 he got the tickets man I been hearing this dude aint rite rite now....He brushed it off like man thats Kat Williams remember when we went to go c him last year..I was like man this dude been in the new lately and it aint all positive.
 9 years ago '04        #23
TeflonDon 
space
space
space
$2,139 | Props total: 46 46
I think he really snapped cause he thinks he's gonna go to jail for awhile and he's lookin back on his life and realized he fu*ked up his success
 9 years ago '06        #24
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,901 | Props total: 25734 25734
 TeflonDon said:
I think he really snapped cause he thinks he's gonna go to jail for awhile and he's lookin back on his life and realized he fu*ked up his success
yeah mental evaluation = he can't stand trial
 11-15-2008, 12:37 PM         #25
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sdotcarter33 said:
this $hit here ni99a.......
 9 years ago '06        #26
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
he's fine, just runnin' himself ragged on that tour.....
 11-15-2008, 12:47 PM         #27
latriceh6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NaMeLeSs- said:
he was just high
i just saw his new show hope he messin around with his white friends and got ahold some strange stuff again lol
 11-15-2008, 01:05 PM         #28
GhostDigga 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wait what the fu*k you mean "Photo provided"? I thought it was gonna be a picture of that n*gga sitting up in a padded cell or some sh*t, nah it's just some random a.ss google picture lol
 9 years ago '04        #29
sideshow20 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,585 | Props total: 550 550
 atlmarcsmith said:
In my hometown... SC what's up....

Comedian Katt Williams hospitalized in Sumter
Photo provided

By MARY DOLAN
Item Staff Writer

Actor and comedian Katt Williams, of movies "First Sunday" and "Norbit" fame, apparently has made a stop in Sumter. Unfortunately it was not for one of his stand-up comedy routines but rather a visit with family members that allegedly ended with a psychiatric evaluation at Tuomey Regional Medical Center.

The comedian, known for appearances on MTV's "Wild 'n Out" and BET's "Comic View" has made media reports recently for exhibiting erratic behavior, including not showing for an appearance on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" in New York on Nov. 4 and being arrested on weapons charges later that week after a traffic stop. On Friday, he turned up in Sumter and allegedly underwent a mental health evaluation for a possible hospital commitment, at the urging of local family members. This was after run-ins with both city and county law enforcement.

The day's bizarre events began with a call to police early in the morning.

Sumter Police Department Maj. Perry Herod said officers responded to a call in reference to suspicious behavior by Williams, 35, on Friday morning at the Mount Vernon Inn.

"And officers did talk with him, and then my understanding is he went on his own to Tuomey Hospital," Herod said.

"Basically we just received a call in reference to a possible suspicious person, but that's the extent of the dealings we had with him," said Sumter Police Chief Patty Patterson.

Patterson said Williams was trying to acquire a room at the motel when hotel employees called at around 8:30 a.m. due to his strange attire: a bathrobe and a towel wrapped around his head. After determining no criminal activity was taking place, officers left.

"He asked for some directions, which he was given, and we departed," she said.

Williams appeared on the doorsteps of attorney Garryl Deas' office at 201 N. Main St. around 9 a.m. Friday, after his encounter with police, according to Deas. Deas said the actor came and solicited the attorney's help, though he said he has not been hired to represent Williams.

During this brief conversation, Deas said Williams told him he felt the police were "attempting to violate his rights" and he was interested in retaining Deas' representation. Williams also went on to talk about his entertainment career and revealed there were people who thought he was missing because he had failed to report to some engagements, Deas said. The actor said there were even rumors he had perished in a plane crash, which Deas said was obviously not true.

"He was alive and in color in my office this morning," he said.

Deas said he talked with Williams until about 9:30 a.m. when the attorney had to leave for a court appearance. Williams asked if he could wait for Deas, and Deas told him he could, Deas said.

When Deas returned to his office at about 10:30 a.m., Williams was waiting for him. By this time, Deas said, Williams' behavior had changed.

"His demeanor was a little troubled," Deas said. He said the actor seemed "disoriented."

About that time, family or close friends of Williams arrived to try to take him to the hospital for mental evaluation, Deas said. He said the family was seeking to have the actor committed. He was under the impression the family members were a teenaged daughter and the daughter's mother. Williams, however, did not want to listen to their urging that he visit the hospital, Deas said.

His erratic behavior continued.

"He just said that he doesn't trust anyone anymore," Deas said. He said he thought "everyone has turned against him. He wasn't really coherent."

By that point, the actor was "speaking gibberish," Deas said, though he declined to guess whether the actor was intoxicated.

Deas said the family was seeking an order from a probate judge to force him to be seen for a mental evaluation. Sumter Probate Judge Dale Atkinson, however, said neither he nor any of his staff issued a pickup order for anyone by the name of Katt Williams.

Sumter County Sheriff Anthony Dennis said, however, that an order was issued by the probate court and that because his department becomes involved with these type of matters, his office was called.

Dennis said the call came in around noon and deputies arrived to transport Williams to the hospital. Though he was vocal in his desire not to go, Williams was not physically aggressive.

She could not reveal whether Williams or his family had been in contact with them, but Kathleen Higgins, clinical director for Santee Wateree Mental Health Center, said in order for someone to be psychiatrically committed, one has to be a.ssessed by a mental health worker, "and then a doctor has to sign the commitment papers."

Two psychiatric physicians currently have privileges at Tuomey: Drs. William King and David Justice. Tuomey, however, would not provide any information on whether Williams was treated there.

"I don't have any information on that patient," said Holly Chase in Tuomey's public relations.

To be committed, someone must be viewed as being at imminent risk of committing suicide or homicide, Higgins said. Should Williams be committed, he might go to a number of hospitals in South Carolina, including the G. Werber Bryan Psychiatric Hospital in Columbia or private institutions such as Three Rivers Behavioral Healthcare or Palmetto Health Baptist in Columbia, the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston or McLeod Regional Medical Center's behavioral center in Darlington. Though these are not the only behavioral institutions in the state, they are the places local patients are most often sent, Higgins said.

Higgins said a legal commitment spans 72 hours, and after that time a patient must go before a judge to determine whether to be hospitalized or not.

One of Williams' most recent public appearances was at a sold-out performance at Carnegie Hall in New York City, which he made just in time, after being released from jail on weapons charges. He is scheduled to appear on Nov. 20 at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas and on Dec. 31 in Detroit with comedian Steve Harvey. Williams has reportedly said the Dec. 31 show will be his last stand-up show.

His publicist Yvette Shearer, with Shearer Public Relations, did not return a call for comment by press time.
ladies and gents i give you....its pimpin pimpin vol 2.
 11-15-2008, 01:15 PM         #30
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hope he gets better. dude is one of the funniest
 11-15-2008, 01:19 PM         #31
morenaso 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Publicity stunt
 11-15-2008, 01:20 PM         #32
Street Baptist 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I guess it fu*ked him up when everyone thought he died in that plane crash... He must be p-noid, like a muthafu*ka!
 9 years ago '06        #33
edouble2k6 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,529 | Props total: 190 190
Na, I believe it. I know someone that seen him a week or two ago and he was unstable the whole show and didn't even tell any jokes. Just told his lifestory and appologized the whole time. Dude got issues.
 9 years ago '04        #34
fatman 
space
space
$1,596 | Props total: 103 103
 Myworld82 said:
he was smokin that same sh*t martin had when he was running through traffic

that ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeee eee
 9 years ago '06        #35
"SS" 28 heat pts28
space
space
$10,241 | Props total: 4830 4830
 fully_amazing said:
My boy went to go see him at Fox Woods last weekend.
He told me that the undercards were Funny as fu*k, but when Katt Williams Hopped on stage all he did was talk about his life.
This dude didn't even really say any jokes. He talked about how he used to be a Jehovah Witness, and how he might be going to Jail ect. ect. ect.
After not saying much of anything he brought Chris Rock on stage (apparently he was in the audience.) At that point my boy was gassed, he thought the jokes were gonna be twice as funny....
WRONG!!!!
He just kept talking.
Then some girl in the crowd said, "We don't wanna here about your life!" Then this dude hopped off stage and got in the girls face and straight spazzed on the girl. He started yelling at her, saying "You see this pinky ring?? you see these chains??? This is worth an X amount; and blah blah blah. Then he told her that she didn't know his lifestyle and kept going on with his rant.

My mans told me that something was weird about dude... IDK....
I told him I woulda be tight as hell if would have gone just to hear Katt Williams' biography.

yea ya boy about right

me and my wife wen to see him a few months back for either fathers day or mothers day, i dont remember but that n*gga live show is fu*kin terrible. when i say i didnt laugh once i didnt laugh once. i was more pissed off than anything. i aint fu*ked wit sh*t he did since then. but me and my wife was in walmart the other day and saw his its pimpin pimpin dvd(the same show we saw) and i was like i oughta steal about 10 of these bi*ches so i can get my 140 back.
 9 years ago '08        #36
youngfreshgc 
space
space
$980 | Props total: 459 459
 MelloYelloMD said:
n*gga was messing with the vaporizer again...he said it will have you sittin in your car crying to lil wayne songs in a wife beater and joggin pants with a stack of bils in ya lap.
he was definately off that vaporizer
 11-15-2008, 03:54 PM         #37
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pcp......
 9 years ago '08        #38
shush456 
space
space
$1,596 | Props total: 58 58
son.... that is some crack head behavior
 11-15-2008, 05:57 PM         #39
Mcmasterlock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*gga need to lay off that weed a lil
 11-15-2008, 06:04 PM         #40
Stink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Martin Lawrence did the same thing
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
25 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy