[Official] Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak - Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
74 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
35 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #241
thaghost36 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,256 | Props total: 341 341
I enjoyed this album .. It's something different .. The beats are real good ..
 9 years ago '06        #242
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,486 | Props total: 14772 14772
 11-21-2008, 02:35 AM         #243
tru_overdose 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tru_overdose said:
this album is going to be fu*king terrible. ive yet to hear one keeper out of the 10 or so ive heard. anyone thinks its gonna be a classic or anything remotely resembling his past work needs to suicide.

theres no coming back from this, hes alienated his original fanbase by turning into a pop star. and he doesn't have a single. this album flopping would be the best thing to ever happen to him and his fans.
okay now that i have the album...i couldnt be anymore correct. the best way to describe this album is "comfortable". and thats by far the worst thing that can happen to a musician.
 9 years ago '06        #244
diVERSEity 
space
space
$3,978 | Props total: 0 0
My short review:
The amazing minimalistic and constantly progressing production creates a perfectly coherent sound, which holds together the clear concept of this album. The multi-faceted and catchy melodious patterns ensure a sonic diversity and provide for a high replay value.
I also find the auto-tune and voice effects are not the least bit bothersome, since they only add to the overall atmosphere. A possible weak-point can be seen in the lyrical simplicity, but the album's intention is geared towards danceability and easy-listening anyway so that argument is rather negligible.
It is in no shape or form a hip-hop album and thus is not to be approached that way. Underneath its unorthodox shell however there is actually quite an outstanding piece of music that should not be dismissed too easily.
 9 years ago '04        #245
William M Holla 
space
space
space
$1,300 | Props total: 0 0
I've listened to the whole record twice now and with the exception of some of the production the album is a complete dissapointment. He better follow up with "Good a.ss Job" soon because this is something that even the true Ye fans aren't even listening to. I mean much respect to Ye for being ballsy enough to do the album but hopefully we never have to hear this again from ye. Thats my honest opinion.

P.S. - Thank you T-Pain for single handedly k!lling music as we know it! Thank You. a**hole!
 9 years ago '05        #246
maddnyss 
space
space
$611 | Props total: 0 0
Thread Flopped! :disdain2:
 11-21-2008, 10:53 AM         #247
aRes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Threadstarter lost.

I guess people dont like to understand that this cd wasnt ment to be like anything kanye has ever made. When you think about it, all of Kanyes cds have a different style to them.

You know this is a Heartbreak cd, thats why every song is about love. True Kanye fans will listen to it. Its the people who dont like listening to artists whenever they switch their style up that wont listen to it. Why try to hate? Maybe kanye was tired of raping and wanted to sing?

and T-Pain didnt k!ll music, its the dumb fu*ks who try to steal his style and sound terrible doing it. " Why you wanna do some sh*t i did in 03!" His new cd is a great cd, he shows all the doubters, haters, and nay sayers that he doesnt need to sing, he can murder a track by rapping and blow you away with the speed he can spit. That T-pain and Twista song is off the fu*kin chain, that was a few years ago, and again.. Pain was showin his ability to blow you the fu*k away
 9 years ago '06        #248
jj01 
space
space
$44,961 | Props total: 4682 4682
this isnt a rap cd u idiot, some of yall cant get over that fact. the cd is dope btw
 9 years ago '06        #249
jreaper 
space
space
$1,542 | Props total: 2033 2033
fu*k kanye he aint hip hop
 11-21-2008, 11:25 AM         #250
TheCool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I like the album....alot.
 9 years ago '05        #251
J Mos 
space
space
$247 | Props total: 0 0
some of tha replies would be on point if kanye was actually a decent singer ...but dude sounds like a horrible t-pain knock-off, i dunno who uses tha machine worse between him and wayne...stans will definitely love this album, but us fans understand when one of our favorite rappers misses tha boat and 'ye definitely struck out this time...

"heartless" > anything on that p.o.s. album
 11-21-2008, 12:08 PM         #252
hiphopismyjob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CheezyDoDo said:
So far from all the tracks i heard,I think its gonna be ight

reppin east orange all day

kanye cd is a great piece of work musically he took risk i like welcome to heartbreak and the song with lil wayne alot
 11-21-2008, 12:12 PM         #253
hiphopismyjob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hiphopismyjob said:
reppin east orange all day

kanye cd is a great piece of work musically he took risk i like welcome to heartbreak and the song with lil wayne alot

cant get pass number 2 lol
hiphopismyjob.ning.com
 9 years ago '04        #254
newfnshow715 
space
space
$3,199 | Props total: 0 0
 Jamaro85 said:
I have no idea what Emo is supposed to sound like, but my boy's wife listens to that sh*t. He says this album is "Emo with 808s".
Emo is depressing music and yea it does sound like that, its basically emo music with better beats. This is a lot like a Bright eyes or Connor Oberest CD (for those that like it you should check out their CDS) you will love them. PM me if needed.
 9 years ago '04        #255
William M Holla 
space
space
space
$1,300 | Props total: 0 0
 J Mos said:
some of tha replies would be on point if kanye was actually a decent singer ...but dude sounds like a horrible t-pain knock-off, i dunno who uses tha machine worse between him and wayne...stans will definitely love this album, but us fans understand when one of our favorite rappers misses tha boat and 'ye definitely struck out this time...

Thats exactly what im saying thank you! This fool think he can sing. Ok so he tried something different. DIFFERENT DOESNT MAKE IT GOOD!!. Heartless is the ONLY stand out track on that album. So for all of you saying "its different, it wasnt meant to be rap, it wasnt meant to be this, it wasnt meant to be that" I want you to rember that Kanye West has NO VOCAL ABILITY WHAT SO EVER!. He is a rapper and a producer and the more you feed his ego the more he thinks he can do whatever he wants! Whats next? Kanye West Sings Opera? Its different so it would be great right? All of you except one missed my point or have no ear for music what so ever.

Last edited by William M Holla; 11-21-2008 at 12:27 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #256
vazquez1085 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,834 | Props total: 252 252
 William M Holla said:
I've listened to the whole record twice now and with the exception of some of the production the album is a complete dissapointment. He better follow up with "Good a.ss Job" soon because this is something that even the true Ye fans aren't even listening to. I mean much respect to Ye for being ballsy enough to do the album but hopefully we never have to hear this again from ye. Thats my honest opinion.

P.S. - Thank you T-Pain for single handedly k!lling music as we know it! Thank You. a**hole!
It has nothing to do with T Pain. I respect T Pain for what he's done and what he continues to do. He is doing his thing, makin hit records, and makin money. Thats what its all about. As for everyone else thats trying to do the exact same thing he's doing, now thats a different story. They are trying so hard to do something that doesn't come natural to them and they are soundin like a.ss. I actually like the Kanye album, all im sayin is dont blame T Pain for other people maknig bad music
 9 years ago '05        #257
maddnyss 
space
space
$611 | Props total: 0 0
I repeat,... thread flopped. :laughing9::disdain2:
 11-21-2008, 12:41 PM         #258
BigRic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this album is dope, its not a rap album but this album hasnt came out my cd player yet. its been a whille since that has happened for me.
 9 years ago '04        #259
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 1573 1573
i dont care wat anyone or wat the credits say, RoboCop contains element from Sonic the Hedgehog!
 9 years ago '04        #260
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 1573 1573
 J Mos said:

:agreement6: my n*gga
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
150 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
73 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
17 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy