[Official] Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak - Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
255 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
64 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #201
HF-Blade 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,236 | Props total: 695 695
 shan0514 said:
go itsbx and just download the retail n*gga......
most tracks were remastered and to me the remastered joints made me change my opinion on the album.........sh*t IS CRAZY!:applause:
Got the retail bruh. I wanna listen to the old versions people are complaining about to compare.
 9 years ago '04        #202
tdm2000 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,161 | Props total: 507 507
Cats gotta appreciate diversity in music. When Andre 3000 did his pop thing on "Love Below", he got alot of baklash too. And the album was hot.

Kayne is still a great rapper, so whats wrong.
 9 years ago '06        #203
shan0514 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,330 | Props total: 221 221
 HF-Blade said:
Got the retail bruh. I wanna listen to the old versions people are complaining about to compare.

well.........on that note.

here you go:

Welcome To Heartbreak:

Robocop:

throw props.
 9 years ago '04        #204
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,130 | Props total: 4525 4525
just curious..

what makes this thread official?
 11-19-2008, 09:51 PM         #205
CrunkPopeye2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 2totimes said:
just curious..

what makes this thread official?
fu*k this ol discouraged robot f*g**t music

that a.ss in yo avy is official

he shoulda did an album with gucci

9 years ago '04        #206
PushaT5050 
space
space
$1,696 | Props total: 25 25
Kanye's Album makes me wanna k!ll myself. :aloofandbored10:

Or better yet k!ll him. How can you go from spitting hot sh*t to singing? And not even 50 Cent singing, I mean straight singing with autotune on everytrack. His beat game even fell off. He got all that money and got lazy, this sh*t is trash. But the worst part is that people are so dumb that they except whatever n*ggas put out. Kanye coulda recorded himself taking a sh*t and n*ggas would say that sh*t was hot. I can't believe it, hip-hop is over cause as long as people except this sh*t it will continue to get worse and worse. I feel for the dudes out there that can really spit but have to listen to this trash on the radio all day.

This sh*t is so garbage that it makes me not even want to listen to his 1st two albums even though they are near classics because I feel like I been bamboozled after his last two efforts.
 9 years ago '06        #207
SharpenUrSword 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,068 | Props total: 4417 4417
 WarrioR6 said:
Okay, I am going to try and be as objective as possible. I consider myself a pretty logical person, so this will be one of the most logical reviews you will see on boxden, as compared to the other reviews you will read from the tons of illiterate people who flood this board.

Going into the album, I already had my doubts about how good this album could be. The fact that he was going to auto-tune the ENTIRE album added to my uncertainty. All I could think is "why Kanye, why?"

I have listened to the album a good 6-7 times so far, and I have to say that it is a very solid album. There isn't one track that I can call whack (out of the webrip tracks that I have heard so far). The only people who will not be able to appreciate this album are those individuals who are close-minded. Kanye steps outside of the box on this one, and many people will be against his new sound. It is something different for me to listen to, in a world full of lame music. Q-tip is winning for album of the year (in my humble opinion), I put Kanye right behind.
^Telling the truth right here. The only kanye album i liked was College Dropout. Now we have 808's. I am in no way a fan of t-pain and the movement he claims to have stirred up. The album itself is good music in my opinion.
 9 years ago '05        #208
TRU 504 BoY 
space
space
$1,970 | Props total: 88 88
i can't get into this emo sh*t. same with the auto tune. its just terrible to me.
 9 years ago '04        #209
Drunk By Myself 
space
space
space
$1,811 | Props total: 0 0
jay-z did not have 10 #1 albums
 9 years ago '04        #210
Drunk By Myself 
space
space
space
$1,811 | Props total: 0 0
 tdm2000 said:
Cats gotta appreciate diversity in music. When Andre 3000 did his pop thing on "Love Below", he got alot of baklash too. And the album was hot.

Kayne is still a great rapper, so whats wrong.
exactly...props

im not defending the cd either cause i havent listened to it entirely but there are good tracks on here... not hip hop but good music
 9 years ago '04        #211
skillz231213 
space
space
$2,214 | Props total: 1 1
 PushaT5050 said:

Or better yet k!ll him. How can you go from spitting hot sh*t to singing? And not even 50 Cent singing, I mean straight singing with autotune on everytrack. His beat game even fell off. He got all that money and got lazy, this sh*t is trash. But the worst part is that people are so dumb that they except whatever n*ggas put out. Kanye coulda recorded himself taking a sh*t and n*ggas would say that sh*t was hot. I can't believe it, hip-hop is over cause as long as people except this sh*t it will continue to get worse and worse. I feel for the dudes out there that can really spit but have to listen to this trash on the radio all day.

This sh*t is so garbage that it makes me not even want to listen to his 1st two albums even though they are near classics because I feel like I been bamboozled after his last two efforts.
co-sign the bold part but I going to say not just kanye but it seem like on this forums they will like any music their favorite artist and if they hate anybody else they don't like. Like I like ludacris but he drops a bullsh*t album than I going to say it sucks like for example chicken and beer I didn't like it.

But back on the subject, I am listening to the album now and I on robot right now (pretty decent song) and right now its better than I thought but I don't think I will call it a great album but I going to finish listening to it. I think it going to get played for about 2 weeks from me than I move to another album.
 9 years ago '04        #212
JordanMPM 7 heat pts
space
space
$5,010 | Props total: 226 226
paraniod is the only track I was not really feeling.. its too poppy..
 9 years ago '04        #213
thekingpin 
space
space
$169 | Props total: 0 0
I ain't gonna front there's too much singing on this album but I'm gonna give Kanye his propz cuz he's creative as fu*k. I was only feelin a few tracks (Welcome to Heartbreak, heartless, amazing only cuz jeezy on it, bad news & the track wit wayne) but even then I can't deny some of the beats are pretty ill. The album is koo but like I said there's too much damn singin lol.
 9 years ago '08        #214
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,799 | Props total: 9119 9119
What does it feel like, I asked you tonight?
 9 years ago '05        #215
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1687 1687
Memories made in the COLDEST WINTEERRR!
 9 years ago '04        #216
newfnshow715 
space
space
$3,199 | Props total: 0 0
 JordanMPM said:
paraniod is the only track I was not really feeling.. its too poppy..
that song is crazy hot
 9 years ago '06        #217
tg4hiphop 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,004 | Props total: 26 26
amazing.heartless.welcome to heartbreak.robocop.street lights make 808s.
 9 years ago '06        #218
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,229 | Props total: 319 319
 MadGam325 said:

its nothing like T-Pain.
T-Pain is hip hop.. 808s spans so many genres.
WTF YOU TALKIN ABOUT! T-PAIN AINT NO fu*kIN HIP-HOP! THAT STATEMENT TELLS ME THAT YOU DON'T KNOW sh*t! T-PAIN SINGS IN AUTO-TUNE AND KANYE IS SINGING IN AUTO-TUNE. THEREFORE HE IS COPYING T-PAIN'S STYLE!
 9 years ago '06        #219
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,229 | Props total: 319 319
 PushaT5050 said:

I TOTALLY AGREE! YOU n*ggaS READ THE ABOVE QUOTE! IT SOMES IT UP IN A NUT SHELL! THIS IS THE REASON WHY PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT RAP IS DEAD! BECAUSE OF n*ggaS LIKE KANYE DOING THIS BULLsh*t SINGING CRAP! WHEN PEOPLE SEE KANYE THEY SAY HE'S A RAPPER NOT A POP ARTIST, THUS DISTORTING WHAT A TRUE RAPPER IS!
 9 years ago '07        #220
Pr0pa_Sh0rti 
space
space
$4,993 | Props total: 10 10
Am I the only one that loved Graduation???? I loved that album my 2nd fav album by Ye easily. Imma listen to dis one tonite see what I think.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NBA Woj: "Very unlikely Paul George stays in OKC"
73 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago