Hold the fu*k up! Will Smith was supposed to be NEO?!

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
14 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #21
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,981 | Props total: 4324 4324
 EMS the God said:
oh well, funny he did WWW though, thats a cheesy flick and probably his biggest flop. he's k!lling it these days though, he's been hit after hit tho i didnt see a few of them like i robot or hancock
Legend of Bagger Vance and Ali were bigger flops, but they were better movies. WWW is the worst.
 9 years ago '04        #22
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 T A S H said:
Yo i also heard he was supposed 2 play war machine and tom cruise was gonna b iron man like a year b4 it came out, i dunno how true tha rumors were tho
Definitely not true. But back in late 93 he auditioned for and was seriously considered for the part of Robin in Batman Forever. Tim Burton liked the idea of Robin being black (Marlon Wayans was going to play him in Batman Returns until the part was written out). Instead they went with Chris O' Donnell.

If Will Smith would have played Robin he would not have been part of Bad Boys.

A couple years later Chris O' Donnell lost the part of Agent J in Men in Black because Barry Sonnefield's kids told him Will Smith was way cooler.
 9 years ago '04        #23
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 HeavenlySword said:
supppppppppppppppperrrrrr laaaaaaaaaaaaaateeeeeeeeeeee

But yes, along the times of the Wachowski brothers pitching the ideas and script to Warner bros, they approach Mr Smith with the script, but he couldnt understand it, and didnt think itd be that big. i.e. "he slept on it"

And yea, he did Wild Wild West instead because of the success of Men In Black and thought it would be somethin that like it....

Yea.
Will Smith turned it down because he was offered more than twice as much to play Jim West in WWW, not because he didn't understand it. Dude got in MIT, if Keaune Reeves can understand it, I'm sure Will could.
 9 years ago '04        #24
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
...And one more post.

At the time this was offered to him, Will was developing a movie called The Mark that was set to co-star Jennifer Lopez. It was going to be a sci-fi superhero type flick that had to do with Y2K, which also had to do with him turning down the part.
 9 years ago '04        #25
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,396 | Props total: 4287 4287
yeah...he was better off wit out it...

matrix 2 and 3 were fkn terrible...
 11-11-2008, 02:02 AM         #26
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you liked Will in Irobot then I dont see why he couldn't play Neo. he would have played it nice. He could have added some humor to it.
 11-11-2008, 02:08 AM         #27
HeavenlySword 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 T A S H said:
Yo i also heard he was supposed 2 play war machine and tom cruise was gonna b iron man like a year b4 it came out, i dunno how true tha rumors were tho
The Iron Man jumpoff is true. At first, he just didnt want to do it, then when talks were heating up he started acting crazy and jumping couches and whatnot and Paramount pulled out the deal....and his contract with the studio....i.e., "he got dropped."
 9 years ago '04        #28
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 HeavenlySword said:
The Iron Man jumpoff is true. At first, he just didnt want to do it, then when talks were heating up he started acting crazy and jumping couches and whatnot and Paramount pulled out the deal....and his contract with the studio....i.e., "he got dropped."
Tom Cruise denied he was going to be in that movie around the time Collateral dropped if I remember correctly, which was before everything you just mentioned. This was back when it was still at New Line Cinema, not Paramount.

Internet rumors.
 9 years ago '07        #29
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,100 | Props total: 6302 6302
Reeves...i swear...every role he plays is friggin Neo...

his new flick ...is neo reincarnated from his carcus in Revolutions to play some guy to save the earth as "the one"

But on topic....Keanu did the best he could...i personally thought Depp would have added more substance to a stale character. But if Neo's character was asked to be numb than Keanu was perfect and Will would have done something strange to it .

Last edited by ptwist; 11-11-2008 at 02:49 AM..
 9 years ago '08        #30
finalhit 
space
space
space
$486 | Props total: 20 20
 Pacin0 said:
I think it was good for Keanu, who is a bad actor, any really good actor - such as will - would have tried to make the character more than he is.
The Messiah?
 11-11-2008, 10:33 AM         #31
HeyImMax 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Didnt tom cruise turn it down as well?

Jet Li also turned downa big role in it to do "the one."
 9 years ago '08        #32
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 darealness818 said:
jet li also turned down a part for the one
Yep, Jet Li was offered the role of Seraph (the asian kat that protects the oracle) but he wanted more money and a bigger role.

Last edited by KarteL13; 11-11-2008 at 10:44 AM..
 9 years ago '08        #33
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 ptwist said:
Reeves...i swear...every role he plays is friggin Neo...

his new flick ...is neo reincarnated from his carcus in Revolutions to play some guy to save the earth as "the one"

But on topic....Keanu did the best he could...i personally thought Depp would have added more substance to a stale character. But if Neo's character was asked to be numb than Keanu was perfect and Will would have done something strange to it .
Yep, no one could of done it better. Reeves was NEO. The only other actor I thought would of been perfect was Brandon Lee. Too bad he was k!lled.
 9 years ago '04        #34
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 HeyImMax said:
Didnt tom cruise turn it down as well?

Jet Li also turned downa big role in it to do "the one."
That was a good move on Jet Li's part though. It opened him up to getting a few more higher paying starring roles in the US for a few years.
 11-11-2008, 01:33 PM         #35
_QD_ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 darealness818 said:
don the dragon wilson should have been neo
 9 years ago '05        #36
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
$9,280 | Props total: 782 782
I heard Danny Devito turned that sh*t down before Will Smith
 9 years ago '04        #37
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,762 | Props total: 6171 6171
 Cartel-Clipz said:
your avy and sig gets me every gotdayum time
 9 years ago '05        #38
Dat 1 Dude 
space
space
$3,544 | Props total: 276 276
 HeavenlySword said:
lol, he got his ex girl's best friend as his avy.. i dont know why but thats hilarious.. did you bag her?
 9 years ago '04        #39
j15 
space
space
$612 | Props total: 2 2
 JFamis said:
Will Smith turned it down because he was offered more than twice as much to play Jim West in WWW, not because he didn't understand it. Dude got in MIT, if Keaune Reeves can understand it, I'm sure Will could.
lol....i dont think keaune understood it
 9 years ago '07        #40
Welsh! 
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
who has a better career.......exactly
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago