TONIGHT! Joe Calzaghe vs. Roy Jones jr (HBO ppv)

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
109 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #401
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 r.burgundy said:
chad dawson

jonhson=old/decent
tarver=old/washed

so who has dawson beat to even be mentioned for a f!ght?
so he shud f!ght hopkins??(borefest) and u cant f!ght any of the big guns nowadays cus no one wants to f!ght an up and coming f!ghter....ask margarito and cotto...they pretty much bullied there way in....politics as usual

RicFlair said:
who should he have fought?
not quite sure who was note worthy then but after he got his title he was pullin sucker moves and not wanting to f!ght outside the UK...Im sure there were more formidable and noteworthy foes to f!ght but they didnt want to go to the UK
 11-09-2008, 12:45 AM         #402
Ace McCloud 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
joe c was up an comin in tha 90's.there was no call for him to f!ght anybody ova here in tha states.tha big guy ova there at tha time was darious michalkski.but he wouldnt f!ght ova here.him an roy could neva come to terms on a location.an hopkins just recently started f!ghtin above 160,an toney was long gone by tha time joe c,had become to be a name f!ghter.
Joe was born in 1972. His era should've been in the 90s. Not 2000s.

Joe won his first title in 1997. By the end of that decade he should have at the very least fought the top europeans who wanted Roy to go to their home towns. Such as Dariusz, Adamek, Ottke, and whoever else from middleweight to cruiserweight.

You are no longer 'up-and-coming', when you have a world title.
 11-09-2008, 12:59 AM         #403
THADON 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i told u n*ggas that jones was gonna get floored....now the xecutioner is gonna smash anybody who crosses his path...
 9 years ago '08        #404
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,752 | Props total: 8988 8988
I hope he doesn't plan on going up against B.Hopkins.
 11-09-2008, 01:08 AM         #405
THADON 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my honest opinion tho...hopkins is that n*gga so i feel if its jones he is gettin off in that a.ss easy...but calzaghe v. hopkins crazy battle
 9 years ago '07        #406
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4809 4809
 Ace McCloud said:
Joe was born in 1972. His era should've been in the 90s. Not 2000s.

Joe won his first title in 1997. By the end of that decade he should have at the very least fought the top europeans who wanted Roy to go to their home towns. Such as Dariusz, Adamek, Ottke, and whoever else from middleweight to cruiserweight.

You are no longer 'up-and-coming', when you have a world title.
only guy callin for a roy f!ght was darius

joe didnt become a major name till he beat jeff lacy
thats not true.belts are alot easier to come by in these times.look at andre berto,or juan manuel lopez.only guy out that group that joe shoulda fought was seven ottke an 7 turned that f!ght down.
 9 years ago '07        #407
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 r a n c i d said:
Boxing isn't dead. It's as alive as it ever was.

The difference is you Yanks reign on top is over. You fail in pretty much every division.

So in your minds its dead and you're all hopping over to MMA because you're the only twats competing in it.

Check yurself.
this kids a clown. why even reply to some retarded sh*t like this?

@ boxing being as alive as it ever was. bring me a young Mike against any european dude u throw out there and lets see what happens

how u gona say boxing as alive as it ever was when Calzaghes last two contenders against him were 40 year olds? cmon son think about what your sayin

im not sayin Calzaghes garbage but stop acting like hes a fu*kin GOAT son ur in here talkin about americans are bitter. no. anyone with a brain knows the f!ghters he just beat are past their prime

Last edited by INFAMOUS; 11-09-2008 at 01:50 AM..
 11-09-2008, 01:49 AM         #408
Ace McCloud 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
only guy callin for a roy f!ght was darius

joe didnt become a major name till he beat jeff lacy
thats not true.belts are alot easier to come by in these times.look at andre berto,or juan manuel lopez.only guy out that group that joe shoulda fought was seven ottke an 7 turned that f!ght down.
I wonder, how long have you followed boxing?

His name is 'Dariusz'. Dariusz wanted Roy to go to europe. Just because Roy didn't think he should have to go to Germany, didn't mean that Calzaghe couldn't.

The names of the other f!ghters I mentioned were all talked about during Roy's reign at 175. You can also add to that list Graciano Rocchigiani. Some of it was media some of it was from f!ghters. Regardless, they were all talked about.

Outside of James Toney, Tito Trinidad, and Joe Calzaghe, Roy didn't f!ght 'major names'. He fought a lot of good f!ghters but not major names. So why would Calzaghe need to be a major name to try and get sensible f!ghts?

Titles are not 'easier' to come by. The way Andre Berto won his title, is the same way Joe Calzaghe won his first title. The title was vacated. They both fought against guys who were not the champ to win a title who belonged to no one.

For the record, his name is not 'Seven' Ottke. His name is SVEN Ottke.

Last edited by Ace McCloud; 11-09-2008 at 02:02 AM..
 11-09-2008, 01:58 AM         #409
Ace McCloud 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 INF4MOUS said:
this kids a clown. why even reply to some retarded sh*t like this?

@ boxing being as alive as it ever was. bring me a young Mike against any european dude u throw out there and lets see what happens

how u gona say boxing as alive as it ever was when Calzaghes last two contenders against him were 40 year olds? cmon son think about what your sayin

im not sayin Calzaghes garbage but stop acting like hes a fu*kin GOAT son ur in here talkin about americans are bitter. no. anyone with a brain knows the f!ghters he just beat are past their prime

Yea, boxing is dead. The f!ghters just are not as good as they used to be.

If you look at the biggest f!ghts in the past few years, it's been has-been after has-been. Oscar De La Hoya, Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins, Tito Trinidad. These are the guys who have dominated the headlines and drew the most excitement.

Sadly, there is no new Tyson in the heavyweight division. There is no new insanely gifted athlete like Roy Jones Jr. There is no new wise, crafty f!ghter like Hopkins. There is no new technically perfectly boxer like Floyd Mayweather Jr. There is no new tactician like James Toney. There is no new defensive genius like Pernell Whitaker.

Once Oscar retires, it's probably over. All f!ghts will have to be on free tv. f!ghters will have to go back tof!ghting 5-6 times a year.
 9 years ago '07        #410
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 Ace McCloud said:
Yea, boxing is dead. The f!ghters just are not as good as they used to be.

If you look at the biggest f!ghts in the past few years, it's been has-been after has-been. Oscar De La Hoya, Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins, Tito Trinidad. These are the guys who have dominated the headlines and drew the most excitement.

Sadly, there is no new Tyson in the heavyweight division. There is no new insanely gifted athlete like Roy Jones Jr. There is no new wise, crafty f!ghter like Hopkins. There is no new technically perfectly boxer like Floyd Mayweather Jr. There is no new tactician like James Toney. There is no new defensive genius like Pernell Whitaker.

Once Oscar retires, it's probably over. All f!ghts will have to be on free tv. f!ghters will have to go back tof!ghting 5-6 times a year.

the sad truth

can only hope for a beast to emerge
 9 years ago '07        #411
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4809 4809
 Ace McCloud said:
I wonder, how long have you followed boxing?

His name is 'Dariusz'. Dariusz wanted Roy to go to europe. Just because Roy didn't think he should have to go to Germany, didn't mean that Calzaghe couldn't.

The names of the other f!ghters I mentioned were all talked about during Roy's reign at 175. You can also add to that list Graciano Rocchigiani. Some of it was media some of it was from f!ghters. Regardless, they were all talked about.

Outside of James Toney, Tito Trinidad, and Joe Calzaghe, Roy didn't f!ght 'major names'. He fought a lot of good f!ghters but not major names. So why would Calzaghe need to be a major name to try and get sensible f!ghts?

Titles are not 'easier' to come by. The way Andre Berto won his title, is the same way Joe Calzaghe won his first title. The title was vacated. They both fought against guys who were not the champ to win a title who belonged to no one.

For the record, his name is not 'Seven' Ottke. His name is SVEN Ottke.
i been followin boxin a long time an there are more belts in this day than ever b4.i dont follow euro's to much.only 1 i was eva interested in was dariusz.im more interested now,i really like kessler.but roy refused to f!ght ova seas due to that olympic scandal an darius refused to come ova here.but dariusz ended up losing to julio gonzalez so that was a mute point anyway.

graciano sued tha wbc to get a title i think,or somethin to that effect.dont remember tha exact details.this was a few years ago.

roy was 1 of tha biggest names an drwas in boxing.joe c didnt get recognized ova here til he destroyed lacy.an that still doesnt change tha fact that jones hadnt fought at super middle since james toney.there was just no demand for joe c to f!ght anybody ova here
 11-09-2008, 03:41 AM         #412
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lets see
roy jones made a career out of f!ghting nobodies, he someone who barely fit the mold of a 'somebody' (Tarver) and well all know what happened....
he should go back to f!ghting nobodies....but then again the same sh*t might happen that happened with that nobody that beat him twice.....
i was kinda hoping he could pull this one out so b hop could whoop his a.ss
but oh well.....
and b hop would whoop calzage id give him props if he knocked out b hop or something but sh*t he barely won
eh
 9 years ago '04        #413
dc3003 57 heat pts57
space
space
$33,488 | Props total: 30703 30703
waiting 4the winky paul williams f!ght, then after that i will resume my retirement of boxing
 9 years ago '06        #414
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 8935 8935
kimbo slice could b boxing's savior if he jumped ship from mma to boxing now that elitexc is no more.
 11-09-2008, 07:45 AM         #415
pothead 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
Which is what you Americans said about Lacy, and what you said about Hopkins, and what you said about Kessler, and what before the f!ght you were saying about jones.

And what you were saying about Pavlik before he was found out by an old man to be another overhyped 1 dimensional nobody.

Give it up. You don't know boxing if you think Dawson is a contender

Get em Rancid
 11-09-2008, 07:47 AM         #416
pothead 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Three yanks couldnt beat a slapper
 9 years ago '04        #417
Mega 
space
space
$5,594 | Props total: 981 981
When I went to vote on last nights f!ght, I was the first one to pick Calazaghe, and there were 10 for Roy.

What the fu*k were you dudes thinking

What did you guys see in Roy's last 10 f!ghts, that would make you think he could beat a guy who throws 100 plus punches a round?

[code]Calzaghe WON! 6 19.35%
JR 25 80.65%[/code]

Roy isn't B Hop. He depended on speed, and he lost that five years ago.

Last edited by Mega; 11-09-2008 at 07:50 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #418
BlaznHizzle|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$14,408 | Props total: 23 23
 Mega said:
When I went to vote on last nights f!ght, I was the first one to pick Calazaghe, and there were 10 for Roy.

What the fu*k were you dudes thinking

What did you guys see in Roy's last 10 f!ghts, that would make you think he could beat a guy who throws 100 plus punches a round?

[code]Calzaghe WON! 6 19.35%
JR 25 80.65%[/code]

Roy isn't B Hop. He depended on speed, and he lost that five years ago.
yea, i was one of those 6 who voted for Calzaghe.. Not sure why anyone would think Jones would be the first to beat this guy..

532 - 89 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 85% 2 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 4-2, Rank #212 | Aug 14: 69-20, Rank #59 | Aug 13: 111-27, Rank #24 | Aug 12: 415-99, Rank #11 | Aug 11: 74-23, Rank #61 | Aug 10: 2042-879, Rank #1 | Aug 09: 1049-376, Rank #1 | Aug 08: 1452-454, Rank #1 *
 9 years ago '06        #419
jj01 
space
space
$44,942 | Props total: 4632 4632
<<<<<<<<<<<<< was one of the 6 also, i couldnt believe so many ppl were picking roy
 9 years ago '07        #420
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 pothead said:
Three yanks couldnt beat a slapper

Roy Jones is 4-3 in his last 7 f!ghts. wtf are u talkin about? u act like Jones was any good
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
130 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
178 comments
1 day ago