Early Friday the 13th Remake Review......

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
68 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-05-2008, 01:03 PM         #1
5527 pageviews
3 comments

magatsu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Early Friday the 13th Remake Review......

Movie Review: FRIDAY THE 13TH Reader's Review! PDF Print E-mail
Written by Stephanie Sanchez
Monday, 03 November 2008

IESB reader AEROMUNCH caught an early screening of FRIDAY THE 13TH due out in theaters Friday, February 13, 2009.

Read what he thought about it below,

I was lucky enough to see a test screening of the Friday the 13th reboot in Long Beach, CA a couple weeks back. They announced to us that it was the very first screening of the movie, there were a lot of exec looking folks and I spied Marcus Nispel over in the back as well.

They warned us that what we saw was rough but it seemed like a finished, complete product. Music was in, effects were in. Plot wise, the movie does not reinvent the wheel at all. In fact, it doesn't recreate any of the sequences from the first 2 movies. They are references in a classic scary story campfire scene, and there are a few visual shots that are things from the prior movies, but it basically acts like movies 1-2 happened in the past. For all intents and purposes, this movie acts like part 3.

So to give a breakdown of the film without giving too many spoilers:

It's not a PG-13 horror movie at all. It's been referenced in interviews, but there are a couple of nud3/s3x scenes in the movie (that are actually longer than I'd imagine...I'm wondering if they don't trim those down by release) and the k!lls are all creative and brutal as you'd come to expect from the Jason flicks.

It starts with a teenagers in the woods sequence and that gives way to the main storyline which is a bunch of bratty rich kids going up to their parents' cabin just off of Crystal Lake. They manage to have your typical slasher archetypes....the sweet girl, thes.lutty girl, the jerky jock, the weird guy who's destined to be the hero, the token funny guy (there's actually two in this one) and they all do their job well. You hate the jock, you root for the good guy and the comic relief characters are actually pretty funny. The movie got a few real laughs from the whole audience as well as some shrieks and groans on the harsher scenes. It uses a few of your typical "scare parts" but has some nice creative scenes as well...all in all it should be pleasing for fans of the series.

If you're familiar with Nispel's Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie, then you've got a good idea how this movie looks. It's got a lot of that movie as far as the set designs and lighting....which in my opinion isn't a bad thing. The movie generally has a serious tone, at least when Jason is around, and doesn't camp it up like Jason X or Freddy vs. Jason. It takes the character seriously and tries to portray him as scary, and it does a good job. I don't think slasher movies are super scary to start with, but this one makes a solid effort of it.

All in all, I came away really happy with the movie. I'm a big horror fan (and especially the Friday series) and it seems like the creators had a lot of respect for the series. They left the first two movies alone, and took the best elements of the rest of the series and made a movie with modern production values. I'll be curious to see how much they change before release, but I'll shell out my $11 in February

Source:
[pic - click to view]

http://www.iesb.net/index .. 5692&Itemid=99

Sounds pretty decent, if Nispel is giving it the same treatment as he did Texas Chainsaw then I'll be pleased. Can't wait to see what kind of k!lls are going to take place.

3 comments for "Early Friday the 13th Remake Review......"

9 years ago '05        #2
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,108 | Props total: 1556 1556
Hmmm I was wondering if they were remaking the first one cause Jason's mom is the k!ller in the first one. This clears some things up for me.
 9 years ago '04        #3
ramzx22 
space
space
space
$832 | Props total: 0 0
well that it being after part 1 & 2 fans will be now excited to see it cause thats what they were mad at, that and that he RUNS (to me thats fresh as hell) but all in all I'm excited to see it myself :D
 9 years ago '08        #4
romanmcd 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,739 | Props total: 52 52
damn we needed a little oldschool back nowadays, can't wait for the release
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago