I lift more weights, but I'm weaker than my friends.

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
69 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
52 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #1
9511 pageviews
34 comments

Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,467 | Props total: 4410 4410
I lift more weights, but I'm weaker than my friends.

Alright, so we went bowling again on Saturday. They have this arcade game style punching bag, that measures how hard a person hits.. Now I don't know if it's my technique but I'm like the 4th strongest dude there out of my group and I lift the most weights... So obviously, I'm dumbfounded, I'm like... hmm. I can rep two plates, you can't even bench a plate... So I'm chalking this one up to technique--meaning you got a better punch then me..

So we go home, I'm still angry that I'm weak. So we break out tha table and get the arm wrestling competition going.. Again, I come in like 3rd place. Whats tha deal. I know obviously, lifting heavy weights does not equal greater strength. How would I go about getting stronger? It's amazing how because I can lift more than someone doesn't mean I'm stronger.. I found that to be just mind blowing.

Last edited by JustinSane; 11-03-2008 at 03:03 PM..

34 comments for "I lift more weights, but I'm weaker than my friends."

9 years ago '04        #2
Joe Scumbag 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,753 | Props total: 3578 3578
 OldeEnglish22oz said:
I know obviously, lifting heavy weights does not equal greater strength. How would I go about getting stronger? It's amazing how because I can lift more than someone doesn't mean I'm stronger
Umm yes it does if you can lift how you say you do you are stronger

but Benching doesnt help you throw a harder punch which is what i am gettin from your post

Just know no mater how many plates you rack up your homies got your number they are ready to whoop that a.ss if you don't come correct
 9 years ago '06        #3
adub123 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,964 | Props total: 11811 11811
 Joe Scumbag said:

but Benching doesnt help you throw a harder punch which is what i am gettin from your post

Just know no mater how many plates you rack up your homies got your number they are ready to whoop that a.ss if you don't come correct
Lmao!!! damn.
 9 years ago '06        #4
Hit Em' Up 61 heat pts61
space
space
space
$4,833 | Props total: 1175 1175
 OldeEnglish22oz said:
Alright, so we went bowling again on Saturday. They have this arcade game style punching bag, that measures how hard a person hits.. Now I don't know if it's my technique but I'm like the 4th strongest dude there out of my group and I lift the most weights... So obviously, I'm dumbfounded, I'm like... hmm. I can rep two plates, you can't even bench a plate... So I'm chalking this one up to technique--meaning you got a better punch then me..

So we go home, I'm still angry that I'm weak. So we break out tha table and get the arm wrestling competition going.. Again, I come in like 3rd place. Whats tha deal. I know obviously, lifting heavy weights does not equal greater strength. How would I go about getting stronger? It's amazing how because I can lift more than someone doesn't mean I'm stronger.. I found that to be just mind blowing.
Strength: How much net force your able to apply

Power: The rate at which this force can be exerted (Energy over time)

You may be stronger then your friends but strength doesn't equal power. Otherwise every strongman competitor would be a heavyweight champ. There's different, explosive training methods to build power. Which do u think requires more power; a split second punch or a 2-3 second 1RM

And in terms of arm wrestling, there a lot of technique involved believe it or not.

Last edited by Hit Em' Up; 11-03-2008 at 12:26 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #5
JustinSane|M 
space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 17 17
Wwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww
 9 years ago '04        #6
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
$18,279 | Props total: 66 66
 Hit Em' Up said:
Strength: How much net force your able to apply

Power: The rate at which this force can be exerted (Energy over time)

You may be stronger then your friends but strength doesn't equal power. Otherwise every strongman competitor would be a heavyweight champ. There's different, explosive training methods to build power. Which do u think requires more power; a split second punch or a 2-3 second 1RM

And in terms of arm wrestling, there a lot of technique involved believe it or not.
Yeah, what he said. there is a difference between strength and explosiveness.

However, you can work on it. Its not that they're stronger than you, its that they can swing faster than you.

A lot of it has to do with technique as well, meaning, how to throw your whole body, shoulder, and twist your wrist to get the most momentum.
 9 years ago '05        #7
JustinSane|M 
space
space
 Lucifer said:
Yeah, what he said. there is a difference between strength and explosiveness.

However, you can work on it. Its not that they're stronger than you, its that they can swing faster than you.

A lot of it has to do with technique as well, meaning, how to throw your whole body, shoulder, and twist your wrist to get the most momentum.
Exactly. Of all things to use to prove you're the alpha male, you chose two of the things that to the untrained eye may seem is entirely based on muscle, but there's so much more to it than that, as have been outlined. Next time, take these same dudes to the gym and spank them with the amount you can lift otherwise, you run the risk of a lack of technique making you feel the way you did that night.

Last edited by JustinSane; 11-03-2008 at 03:26 PM..
 11-03-2008, 03:59 PM         #8
eckorocker1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeaaa man, just keep lifting lighter weight, and more reps
 9 years ago '05        #9
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19 OP
space
space
Wow, thanks dudes.
So yeah, I sort of understood why my punch wasn't as hard and why I lost at arm wrestling. The sad thing was, all our girlfriends where there, and they looked at me like, "Yo, you just took a serious L, all that buffness for no reason."

I didn't even want to attempt to tell them about technique and shiet.. because it'll make me look like a sore loser.

I still think we can throw on tha gloves and go a couple rounds. That will prove whose tha alpha-male.
 9 years ago '05        #10
space
space
 Joe Scumbag said:

Trust me, I know tha homies will shut me down with tha quickness, because they are fast azz hell. I'm like the big, slow, dumbass of the group.
 9 years ago '06        #11
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,784 | Props total: 2285 2285
punching power is way different from weight lifting strength and arm wrestling only measure the strength of the biceps and triceps.
 9 years ago '04        #12
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
$18,279 | Props total: 66 66
 OldeEnglish22oz said:
Wow, thanks dudes.
So yeah, I sort of understood why my punch wasn't as hard and why I lost at arm wrestling. The sad thing was, all our girlfriends where there, and they looked at me like, "Yo, you just took a serious L, all that buffness for no reason."

I didn't even want to attempt to tell them about technique and shiet.. because it'll make me look like a sore loser.

I still think we can throw on tha gloves and go a couple rounds. That will prove whose tha alpha-male.
Just do clap pushups, you'll get a faster punch.

As far as arm wrestling, LOL, I dont know. Me, personally im tall, so I have the upper advantage most of the time because I have a long reach, and my biceps are actually pretty strong than your average lifter. Most people cheat anyway, they throw their whole body into it.

This fat dude thought he was strong so decided to arm wrestle me, mind you, hes fu*king 350 pounds, I'm only 200 but pound for pound, im more solid and his pretty weak. So we were going at it, and i beat him, but this fu*ker had his foot out, and fu*ked a damn right triangle with his body lmao. So its hard as hell, and plus he was throwing his weight into it, I normally dont do this because I'm not a cheater so I tell him to hold up, set the ground rules. We do it again, and bam, i bet him in a second.
 9 years ago '05        #13
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
Punching is all more technique than strength. Strength helps if u can use it to help your explosiveness.
 9 years ago '05        #14
JustinSane|M 
space
space
 Afnorth123 said:
Punching is all more technique than strength. Strength helps if u can use it to help your explosiveness.
I think that's been established.
 9 years ago '05        #15
space
space
 Lucifer said:
Just do clap pushups, you'll get a faster punch.

As far as arm wrestling, LOL, I dont know. Me, personally im tall, so I have the upper advantage most of the time because I have a long reach, and my biceps are actually pretty strong than your average lifter. Most people cheat anyway, they throw their whole body into it.

This fat dude thought he was strong so decided to arm wrestle me, mind you, hes fu*king 350 pounds, I'm only 200 but pound for pound, im more solid and his pretty weak. So we were going at it, and i beat him, but this fu*ker had his foot out, and fu*ked a damn right triangle with his body lmao. So its hard as hell, and plus he was throwing his weight into it, I normally dont do this because I'm not a cheater so I tell him to hold up, set the ground rules. We do it again, and bam, i bet him in a second.
lol.. yeah I guess arm wrestling is even harder to judge because there are just so many unofficial rules for it. So, like one of the dudes said earlier, best way to prove you tha sh*t is take em in the gym and show em what you got on the weights.
 9 years ago '06        #16
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,826 | Props total: 1171 1171
I heard that when lifting weight you should go a bit lighter and lift it as fast as you can for 10-12 reps. Don't go too fast cause you'll hurt yourself but you know your limits.
 11-04-2008, 08:20 PM         #17
NyCBoRiQuA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k the weights and do push ups.
 9 years ago '04        #18
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,657 | Props total: 5344 5344
 joe scumbag said:
umm yes it does if you can lift how you say you do you are stronger

but benching doesnt help you throw a harder punch which is what i am gettin from your post

just know no mater how many plates you rack up your homies got your number they are ready to whoop that a.ss if you don't come correct

lol ..
 9 years ago '04        #19
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
you shoulda thrown em in a headlock and made em tap out
 11-06-2008, 03:11 AM         #20
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'd just slide a punching bag into my routine if it really bugs you. I would also read around and try to find information on stances for punches and certain types of them or w/e.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy