Breaking News Iverson and Billups Trade

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
106 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #121
Rubix 
space
space
$8,494 | Props total: 826 826
all the 'canswer' talk aside, i think this is a better deal for the pistons than it is for denver. they get a boatload of cap space and have up and coming young talented players who will only get better.

denver needed to rebuild but instead made a lateral move that ties them down financially.
 9 years ago '05        #122
SHAWNCarter 
space
space
$78 | Props total: 0 0
Stuckley starting over RIP??....c'mon...if you're a Pistons fan you should give your head a shake...

Stuck doens't have enough experience under his belt to be worthy of that position just yet...let the man gain knowledge from RIP just like RIP did from those before him...

You're just going to have to deal with the idea that the Pistons are not going to have enough to win the East this year.

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 11-03-2008, 12:12 PM         #123
Big Dee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rubix said:
damn wtf?

can somebody explain to me how stuck is gonna break out now? is rips minutes gonna get cut or what? or is he gonna see some time at the 3? sh*t, im wondering if this is gonna hamper his development.

this trade doesn't help stuckey at all. he's a driving player who can't shoot. iverson's a driving player who can't shoot. unless iverson learns how to play off the ball in the next 24 hours, i doubt him & stuckey will be seeing much time on the floor together
 9 years ago '04        #124
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
 SHAWNCarter said:
Stuckley starting over RIP??....c'mon...if you're a Pistons fan you should give your head a shake...

Stuck doens't have enough experience under his belt to be worthy of that position just yet...let the man gain knowledge from RIP just like RIP did from those before him...

You're just going to have to deal with the idea that the Pistons are not going to have enough to win the East this year.

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
 9 years ago '04        #125
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,658 | Props total: 5344 5344
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Garnett is the ultimate teammate, except when it comes to f!ghting.

Billups is a better fit for Detroit because he's more of a distributor than Iverson is.
billups isnt the scoring threat we need .. AI is like Zeke in alot of ways and thats what Joe D wanted .. PG like Zeke that can take over the game, or control the game .. or do both .. Billups cant do that .
 9 years ago '07        #126
Repressed 
space
space
$3,258 | Props total: 1201 1201
Yeah, good deal as far as the cap room goes.
 9 years ago '05        #127
Rubix 
space
space
$8,494 | Props total: 826 826
 Aesop730 said:
billups isnt the scoring threat we need .. AI is like Zeke in alot of ways and thats what Joe D wanted .. PG like Zeke that can take over the game, or control the game .. or do both .. Billups cant do that .
do u really want ur main scoring threat to be ur main distributor though? thats suicide if u ask me - look at lbj and the cavs...
 9 years ago '04        #128
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
From nba.com:

There is one sticking point to the deal, though. McDyess does not want to go to Denver, and a source close to him says "he will not put on a Nuggets uniform" and may opt to retire.

Because of McDyess's objection, the Nuggets may waive the mandatory physical each player in a trade must take in order for the league to approve any deal. McDyess may be seeking a buyout of the remainder of his contract (two years, $13.6 million).

The deal has not been finalized but the teams are holding a conference call with the league.
 9 years ago '05        #129
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Garnett is the ultimate teammate, except when it comes to f!ghting.

Billups is a better fit for Detroit because he's more of a distributor than Iverson is.
except when the offense gets stagnant...then chauncey wants to shoot contested jumpers...smh

thats where iverson will help....
 9 years ago '04        #130
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,658 | Props total: 5344 5344
 Rubix said:
do u really want ur main scoring threat to be ur main distributor though? thats suicide if u ask me - look at lbj and the cavs...

then you have prince, and sheed .. they are good disributors, for not being PG . and with the system that Coach Curry is installing the ball moves thru more peoples hands, rather than the PG handling most of the ball distribution .. Zeke was the main scoring threat , and also the main distributor ... the problem for the cavs is that they dont have anyone else who can help distribute the ball , we have the role players , they dont ..
 9 years ago '04        #131
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 Rubix said:
That is a VERY good point.
 11-03-2008, 12:29 PM         #132
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Big Dee said:
:( Iverson's a Piston now, so I'll treat him like one. the slate is wiped clean. yes - including the time santa claus hoed me and got me a pair of iversons instead of the pennys i wanted in 97. afterall, i don't like chauncey either and iverson gives us cap space even if he blows

but dammit if we don't go at least 6 games in the ECF...

*sigh*

*heads out to the bar to get drunk at 12:30 in the afternoon* :(
Naw you won't make the ECF, its Cavs and Boston this time. Sorry
 9 years ago '08        #133
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,768 | Props total: 12262 12262
 DTownPistonsFan said:
I KINDA feel you, but Chauncey was the KING of taking bad shots. lol I've never seen so many forced bad shots in my life than with this guy

I think Iverson understands that it's team first here. And if he doesn't, he'll learn fast....especially if he wants to win. I'm interested about your point in us being a factor in the LeBron talks though. I'll have to look at the numbers, but I don't know about that.
I think u over exaggerating a lil bit. You right Chaunce aint been the same since we lost to the Spurs, but the pistons lack of (Championship) success wasn't all his fault. That blame rested on the defensive end and that started with there offensive coach Flip Saunders. I dunno why u seem to think chauncey took so many bad shots, it was more like he just didnt hit the open ones like he was hitting when we got to the finals. Now as far as bad shots that blame rested on Sheed. As far as Lebron goes, it still may b a long shot but every GM in the league is prolly trying to slash payroll we aint no diff but with AI and Sheed contract up sounds like we trying to win this year play avg at best next year then come hard for Bron. we got $33 milli this year going to AI and Sheed now with that coming off the books I think its some room for Bron there. Insert angry cleveland fans here.

MATIX said:
i was talking about this offseason.
he said he was going to do big things this offseason then comes wut i said.
C our GM aint your GM, just cuz he said big moves was coming didn't mean he was gonna make an hasty decision just to prove to people he would do it. C thats how bad trades happen, when he spoke out it was clearly an attempt to test the market to see what moves he could make. Im sure Denver wanted Chauncey and Tay for AI or Mello in the summer now look what they get billups, dyss, and a lil used NBDL 7 footer. k!ll ya self we still gon end up in the #2 spot out the east with a chance to play for the ship.
 9 years ago '04        #134
jesse5 
space
space
$1,123 | Props total: 4 4
 DTownPistonsFan said:
From nba.com:

There is one sticking point to the deal, though. McDyess does not want to go to Denver, and a source close to him says "he will not put on a Nuggets uniform" and may opt to retire.

Because of McDyess's objection, the Nuggets may waive the mandatory physical each player in a trade must take in order for the league to approve any deal. McDyess may be seeking a buyout of the remainder of his contract (two years, $13.6 million).

The deal has not been finalized but the teams are holding a conference call with the league.
You gotta be kidding me! MAN fu*k DICE who are you man? What a joker...

Without McDyess this deal is NOT worth it to me. We really need a big man to backup Nene cuz Birdman fu*kin sucks... You dont just trade the league ALL-TIME active career scorer for Billups (who I love BTW he's from my block)

9 years ago '04        #135
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 Mike Nitty said:
I think u over exaggerating a lil bit. You right Chaunce aint been the same since we lost to the Spurs, but the pistons lack of (Championship) success wasn't all his fault. That blame rested on the defensive end and that started with there offensive coach Flip Saunders. I dunno why u seem to think chauncey took so many bad shots, it was more like he just didnt hit the open ones like he was hitting when we got to the finals.
Nah man, I ain't blaming Chauncey for us not winning. I just got sick of his arrogant attitude and the fact that he didn't seem to care when we lost. I still stand by my statement of him taking bad shots though. Yes, Sheed does too, but Chauncey would take/force bad shots, AND make the shot more difficult by trying to make it look like he got fouled. That's him trying to be like Joe D and Reggie Miller and failing. Joe was the KING of that sh*t, he'd legitimately draw fouls. Chauncey pretends to do it by throwing up a retarded looking shot as if to say "The only reason I would shoot it so retarded is cuz I got fouled" when nobody is around to foul him.
 9 years ago '04        #136
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
I wonder if McDyess' contract was bought out and he retired, if he could come out of retirement and sign with us. lol
 9 years ago '08        #137
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,808 | Props total: 9127 9127
AI is the man.
 9 years ago '06        #138
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,245 | Props total: 628 628
 Big Dee said:
:( Iverson's a Piston now, so I'll treat him like one. the slate is wiped clean. yes - including the time santa claus hoed me and got me a pair of iversons instead of the pennys i wanted in 97. afterall, i don't like chauncey either and iverson gives us cap space even if he blows

but dammit if we don't go at least 6 games in the ECF...

*sigh*

*heads out to the bar to get drunk at 12:30 in the afternoon* :(
i would k!ll someone
 9 years ago '04        #139
Counterfeit215 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,885 | Props total: 4 4
Good trade by both parts. Pistons gonna get alot of flexiablity and cap room to make moves.

And Denver got A true PG and a decent bigman to add depth to the bench.
 9 years ago '08        #140
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,808 | Props total: 9127 9127
 Counterfeit215 said:
Good trade by both parts. Pistons gonna get alot of flexiablity and cap room to make moves.

And Denver got A true PG and a decent bigman to add depth to the bench.
A PG who'll inevitably voice his concerns about playing for Denver sooner or later.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
99 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
55 comments
1 day ago