Breaking News Iverson and Billups Trade

most viewed right now
 128
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 111
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 102
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
177 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 82
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
91 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #61
jj01 
space
avatar space
space
$44,935 | Props total: 4619 4619
 DTownPistonsFan said:
I KINDA feel you, but Chauncey was the KING of taking bad shots. lol I've never seen so many forced bad shots in my life than with this guy....especially after we won the title. Then he'll do that thing where he makes it look like he got fouled when he didn't. It's like "just shoot the sh*t and quit tryin to draw fouls" cuz then he just looks like an a**hole when he pretends he got fouled and he didn't.

I think Iverson understands that it's team first here. And if he doesn't, he'll learn fast....especially if he wants to win. I'm interested about your point in us being a factor in the LeBron talks though. I'll have to look at the numbers, but I don't know about that.

you must not be used to watcing ivo then, he is the king of falling over or trying to draw fouls when there is nothing there. this will be interesting tho no doubt
 11-03-2008, 11:28 AM         #62
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:
pistons dont play the same style as the nuggets do tho, the nuggets run most of the game and push tempo thats where most of his a.ssists came from......in transition. the half court game suits billups better, im a.ssuming he will be the pg and stuckey will still be off the bench. chauncey knew how to run the offense and get ppl the ball where they wanted it, ivo likes to dribble for 20 seconds and hit someone or take a low percentage shot. i understand about supporting your team regardless, but not sure if you're thinking clearly about this move.

also, not saying chauncey was some all-world defender but he wont gamble every time down like ivo does and leave his defense at a disadvantage.
Chauncey was a good defender, I don't know who will defend Ivy in the playoffs but I feel good about my C's.
 9 years ago '06        #63
jj01 
space
avatar space
space
$44,935 | Props total: 4619 4619
 smokeweed101. said:
Chauncey was a good defender, I don't know who will defend Ivy in the playoffs but I feel good about my C's.


ya thats what im sayin, he wont get walked all over like ivo usually does on defense. his steals are high because he gambles every time
 11-03-2008, 11:30 AM         #64
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DTownPistonsFan said:
Spoken truly like someone who isn't familiar with either team at all. What year are you stuck in? 2000? If A.I. don't know how to pass the ball, who is he getting those 7-8 a.ssists per game to? He can't get an a.ssist passing to himself. Chauncey averaged 6.8 apg last season. Iverson 7.1 apg. k!ll yourself.
He played on the Nuggets a scoring team, Detroit is a half court defense team Iverson will fu*k up the chemistry and most likely bring their offensive spread to a narrow one and leave them liable on the defensive side.

I think the Nuggets won but your a Pistons fan.
 9 years ago '04        #65
DTownPistonsFan 
space
avatar space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
 jj01 said:
pistons dont play the same style as the nuggets do tho, the nuggets run most of the game and push tempo thats where most of his a.ssists came from......in transition. the half court game suits billups better, im a.ssuming he will be the pg and stuckey will still be off the bench. chauncey knew how to run the offense and get ppl the ball where they wanted it, ivo likes to dribble for 20 seconds and hit someone or take a low percentage shot. i understand about supporting your team regardless, but not sure if you're thinking clearly about this move.

also, not saying chauncey was some all-world defender but he wont gamble every time down like ivo does and leave his defense at a disadvantage.
Nah man. I don't support my team regardless. If they do something I don't agree with, I say so. I criticize them all the time, that's part of being a true fan. I really do think this is a good trade. I don't know if you from the D or not, but the Chauncey you're talkin about been around for a while. He's almost like a cancer on the team to me. This used to be a team with heart and desire and passion, now it's a team full of guys with big heads who underachieve every season. Chauncey was the LEADER AND UNDISPUTED KING of the big-heads. I wanted him to go, because I felt as long as he was the "leader," they'd continue to play like they don't give a sh*t.

Seriously, after they dropped their 2nd game to Philly in the first rd last year, dude was like "We'll be alright" for the millionth time. Don't nobody wanna hear that sh*t. When you lose to a team you should be SWEEPING for a 2nd time, you should be pissed. He didn't give a fu*k, and I hated that about him. He ain't the same dude he used to be after his 1 title and Finals MVP.
 9 years ago '05        #66
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$47,172 | Props total: 11695 11695
The Nuggets and Pistons have agreed in principle on a trade that would send Allen Iverson to Detroit and Chauncey Billups, Antonio McDyess and Cheikh Samb to Denver, sources have told ESPN.

The deal has not been finalized.

This would be the second time Iverson has been traded in two years. He was dealt by Philadelphia to Denver in December 2006, kicked out of Philly over irreconcilable differences as part of a package that brought Andre Miller to the 76ers.


Looks good 4 both teams
 9 years ago '04        #67
DTownPistonsFan 
space
avatar space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
 smokeweed101. said:
He played on the Nuggets a scoring team, Detroit is a half court defense team Iverson will fu*k up the chemistry and most likely bring their offensive spread to a narrow one and leave them liable on the defensive side.

I think the Nuggets won but your a Pistons fan.
You've heard of adapting right? It's where you can change to fit your situation. So, in theory, if "adapting" is a real thing, there's a chance the Pistons could "adapt" their game plan to fit Iverson's style a play. Just a thought. lol
 11-03-2008, 11:33 AM         #68
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:
ya thats what im sayin, he wont get walked all over like ivo usually does on defense. his steals are high because he gambles every time
Iverson is the man, but he is like Kobe to me, he doesn't help his team just his self, his own stats and what not. Steals, a.ssists sure but they don't seem to help anything but his record book.
 11-03-2008, 11:33 AM         #69
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DTownPistonsFan said:
You've heard of adapting right? It's where you can change to fit your situation. So, in theory, if "adapting" is a real thing, there's a chance the Pistons could "adapt" their game plan to fit Iverson's style a play. Just a thought. lol
Sure but that won't make them a better team.
 9 years ago '06        #70
jj01 
space
avatar space
space
$44,935 | Props total: 4619 4619
 DTownPistonsFan said:
Nah man. I don't support my team regardless. If they do something I don't agree with, I say so. I criticize them all the time, that's part of being a true fan. I really do think this is a good trade. I don't know if you from the D or not, but the Chauncey you're talkin about been around for a while. He's almost like a cancer on the team to me. This used to be a team with heart and desire and passion, now it's a team full of guys with big heads who underachieve every season. Chauncey was the LEADER AND UNDISPUTED KING of the big-heads. I wanted him to go, because I felt as long as he was the "leader," they'd continue to play like they don't give a sh*t.

Seriously, after they dropped their 2nd game to Philly in the first rd last year, dude was like "We'll be alright" for the millionth time. Don't nobody wanna hear that sh*t. When you lose to a team you should be SWEEPING for a 2nd time, you should be pissed. He didn't give a fu*k, and I hated that about him. He ain't the same dude he used to be after his 1 title and Finals MVP.

i agree they did have a different swag about them after they won and even when they would get humbled every year they still had it. not sure chauncey was the ring leader tho, they seemed to all have that attitude after LB left. i think porter or even avery would have been a great fit for them as coach, they need someone who wont let the players walk all over him and do and say what they want.
 11-03-2008, 11:35 AM         #71
Big Dee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:( Iverson's a Piston now, so I'll treat him like one. the slate is wiped clean. yes - including the time santa claus hoed me and got me a pair of iversons instead of the pennys i wanted in 97. afterall, i don't like chauncey either and iverson gives us cap space even if he blows

but dammit if we don't go at least 6 games in the ECF...

*sigh*

*heads out to the bar to get drunk at 12:30 in the afternoon* :(
 9 years ago '04        #72
DTownPistonsFan 
space
avatar space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
 smokeweed101. said:
Sure but that won't make them a better team.
It could. But they definitely weren't any better before the trade than they were the past few seasons. This shake up was necessary.
 9 years ago '06        #73
jj01 
space
avatar space
space
$44,935 | Props total: 4619 4619
im interested to hear what melo says about this, wonder if they had a falling out or just realized they were destined for failure going the way they were.
 11-03-2008, 11:36 AM         #74
fish250 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
do not question joe d. he knows what he is doing
 9 years ago '06        #75
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$25,519 | Props total: 6738 6738
n*ggas aint seeing the big picture

STUCKEY is going to beast even more now
and fu*k a rip A.I should start over dude if they decide to let Stuck run the show
 11-03-2008, 11:36 AM         #76
Big Dee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Afnorth123 said:
great deal for the nuggets horrible for hte pistons...Rips gonna be comin off screens for no reason now just to see Ivo doing cross overs and then handing him the ball with 2 seconds on the shot clock.
stop scaring me
 9 years ago '06        #77
jj01 
space
avatar space
space
$44,935 | Props total: 4619 4619
i wont believe you until i see the ivo pistons jersey in your avi
 9 years ago '04        #78
randy54 
space
avatar space
space
$1,519 | Props total: 90 90
Nuggets Lineup Pistons Lineup
McDyess Wallace
Martin Maxiel
Anthony Prince
Jr Smith Hamilton
Billups Iverson
 9 years ago '04        #79
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$19,652 | Props total: 5333 5333
When AI was in Philly what did everyone say ? Give him a team , give him some role players . Well guess what ? He has some, we have a full complement now , and a great bench to go along with it , losing Dyess is gonna hurt us more i believe than losing Chauncey . And how long has this talk been going on about us getting AI ? For @ least the last 2 yrs , think about Joe D and who he had with him .. HMMMM , ZEKE , and what did ZEKE do ? He could take over games when needed and he could distribute it also , Chauncey cant do that , he cant take nobody off the dribble, and Allen can .. Great trade , I could go on and on but yall get the point ..
 9 years ago '04        #80
DTownPistonsFan 
space
avatar space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
 jj01 said:
i agree they did have a different swag about them after they won and even when they would get humbled every year they still had it. not sure chauncey was the ring leader tho, they seemed to all have that attitude after LB left. i think porter or even avery would have been a great fit for them as coach, they need someone who wont let the players walk all over him and do and say what they want.
When I say Chauncey was the ringleader, I mean that he had that attitude the most out of everybody. They're all arrogant though, don't get me wrong. But every time when we lost to a team we shouldn't be losing to in the playoffs, or when they played really bad, Chauncey would be that one like "We'll be alright. We been here before." Blah blah blah. Nobody wants to hear that sh*t when yall continue to get knocked out the playoffs early.

As for the coaching situation, Curry fits that mold most definitely as someone who they can't walk over. They walked over Flip Saunders like he was a Cavs doormat.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 48
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 37
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
94 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 25
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 25
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
20 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 23
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
73 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 16
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
130 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy