Th Official Blackberry Storm thread

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
100 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
269 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #81
fabfob 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,480 | Props total: 403 403
^^ OS = operating system. yea i heard the operating system was the same as the bold but touch wise. but like every other smart phone BB does do updates. so if your still thinking about it, just wait for the next update before you purchase the device. what i am waiting for is more APPS. the only good reason to get this phone or any touch phone is the apps.
 9 years ago '04        #82
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,544 | Props total: 535 535
I played with the phone in the store yesterday and left unimpressed. The touch screen seemed like a headache down the road. i like how when u touch a icon or letter it highlights and its very responsive to your touch. I hated the fact that the screen is basically one big button it makes for an annoying touch screen imo. The os didnt seem too much different from the pearl or the bold for it to warrant a must have purchase. It is in no way better than the iphone.

i suggest waiting on The HTC Touch Pro u can preorder it tomorrow.

the storm was a step in the right direction but the touch screen sucks. i was thinking the touch screen where u push it in would be more like a individual button for every icon or key u press on instead its jus a simple pushing down of the entire screen which seems cheap.

theres better phones coming with the touch pro, omnia, and diamond all on their way.

the storm is a ok phone and they give u a good deal with the 199 price and a 8 gig card but other than that id stay away from it. the touch pro takes 16 and 32 gb microsd cards and is alot more feature packed than the storm...as well as the omnia.
 9 years ago '04        #83
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,347 | Props total: 2784 2784
 deadwrong03 said:
I played with the phone in the store yesterday and left unimpressed. The touch screen seemed like a headache down the road. i like how when u touch a icon or letter it highlights and its very responsive to your touch. I hated the fact that the screen is basically one big button it makes for an annoying touch screen imo. The os didnt seem too much different from the pearl or the bold for it to warrant a must have purchase. It is in no way better than the iphone.

i suggest waiting on The HTC Touch Pro u can preorder it tomorrow.

the storm was a step in the right direction but the touch screen sucks. i was thinking the touch screen where u push it in would be more like a individual button for every icon or key u press on instead its jus a simple pushing down of the entire screen which seems cheap.

theres better phones coming with the touch pro, omnia, and diamond all on their way.

the storm is a ok phone and they give u a good deal with the 199 price and a 8 gig card but other than that id stay away from it. the touch pro takes 16 and 32 gb microsd cards and is alot more feature packed than the storm...as well as the omnia.
You forgot the Window mobile is very unstable and the worst smart phone OS.

Also you fail to mention that the Storm wont be ship till the dec 15. The storm is looking slow now because it wasnt supposed to be out on OS 4.7.65 and the OS 4.7.82 which had a big flaw which is the main reason of the shortage.

And its funny because you act like the storm can take 16 and 32 gb microsd card. The touch pro is going to have less ram on verizon and the Touchflo3d is already laggy which would make the verizon version more laggy.
 9 years ago '04        #84
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,991 | Props total: 1349 1349
^^ i have a Sprint Touch Pro.

and it sh*ts ALLLLLLL over any recent blackberry product period.

Storm is wack juice.

n*ggas is OD mad that they copped.

sh*t ain't even worth an honorable mention amongst Touch Pro's, iPhones, and G1's
 9 years ago '04        #85
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
 Grisly said:
^^ i have a Sprint Touch Pro.

and it sh*ts ALLLLLLL over any recent blackberry product period.

Storm is wack juice.

n*ggas is OD mad that they copped.

sh*t ain't even worth an honorable mention amongst Touch Pro's, iPhones, and G1's
And i guess you know how to use a black berry or know how to use the storm.

The storm right now had to downgrade their os right before it was sold because of a security bug at the their more stable OS that eliminated all the lag.

I played with the demo storm at verizon and some one storm with OS. 4.7.82 and the newer OS was actually smoother but just had a security flaw.

Me and you both know smart phones get better with OS update and the first firmware always be the sh*ttiest. Really look at the iphone when it first came out. You couldnt even add a fu*king app to it until a few months later when you have to jail break the bi*ch.

I just saying why say storm is trash especially when its spec is better than the touch pro.

The storm will be okay after dec 15 when they update the os. And their real app storm is coming out in march(not the verizon app storm which is a POS).

So basically im going to wait till a few months before i judge.

Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 11-23-2008 at 12:37 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #86
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,544 | Props total: 535 535
 VictoryThagr8 said:
You forgot the Window mobile is very unstable and the worst smart phone OS.

Also you fail to mention that the Storm wont be ship till the dec 15. The storm is looking slow now because it wasnt supposed to be out on OS 4.7.65 and the OS 4.7.82 which had a big flaw which is the main reason of the shortage.

And its funny because you act like the storm can take 16 and 32 gb microsd card. The touch pro is going to have less ram on verizon and the Touchflo3d is already laggy which would make the verizon version more laggy.
WinMo on the htc touch pro isnt unstable at all. All in all winmo >>> the bb os because theres way more u can do with winmo its way more hackable and customizable than any bb device

who cares about the bb update its still not going to make it as customizable or hackable as a winmo phone PERIOD. it will improve it and make it more fluid but it wont be as good as the touch pro

i havent seen anywhere that says the storm can take 32gb cards...if it can or cant i dunno so ill give u that...

The HTC touch diamond runs 192mb without a whole lot of lag so its not impossible for the touch pro to do the same. they reduced the ram to try to improve battery life so we'll see when its released people who have used it say its not sluggish.

Theres way more u can do with the touch pro compared to the storm...and the samsung omnia will be released on the 26th and it also is far better and sports a more responsive touchscreen than the wack a.ss storm
 9 years ago '04        #87
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
 deadwrong03 said:
WinMo on the htc touch pro isnt unstable at all. All in all winmo >>> the bb os because theres way more u can do with winmo its way more hackable and customizable than any bb device

who cares about the bb update its still not going to make it as customizable or hackable as a winmo phone PERIOD. it will improve it and make it more fluid but it wont be as good as the touch pro

i havent seen anywhere that says the storm can take 32gb cards...if it can or cant i dunno so ill give u that...

The HTC touch diamond runs 192mb without a whole lot of lag so its not impossible for the touch pro to do the same. they reduced the ram to try to improve battery life so we'll see when its released people who have used it say its not sluggish.

Theres way more u can do with the touch pro compared to the storm...and the samsung omnia will be released on the 26th and it also is far better and sports a more responsive touchscreen than the wack a.ss storm

u do realize responsive on touchscreen is more on the OS side.

really you obviously an winmo OS who dont even know how to use blackberry OS. Even grisly can admit about the lag on touchflo3d
yeah the Winmo os is more customable but it lacks stablility which is , the biggest gripe on winmo os. Also you can still customized how you blackberry looks on the screen with themes. And now that RIM finally opened up all their developing secret to third party's that we finally will see how good blackberry are.

Also add that storm stock browser sh*t on Touch pro stock browser. But ill take opera mini over both browsers. And when it comes to productivity the Storm is untouch compared to winmobile. THe only problem with the storm is the last minuted downgrade on the OS which made everything laggy.
 9 years ago '06        #88
DJ Endo 
space
space
$925 | Props total: 68 68
looks like i'm going 2 wait before I cop this. If I even buy it at all.

Right Now it's between the Storm, Bold, or the Iphone 3g and i'm having a hard time making the decision.
 9 years ago '04        #89
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,956 | Props total: 708 708
I suggest everyone try the phone themselves before making a judgment... I wasn't impressed with the demo in the store... But when I got it home, I fell in love...

Give it the 30 day trial.. Worse comes to worse you can take it back...
 11-24-2008, 02:28 AM         #90
Adamxxx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NO WIFI?!?!

why the hell not?

that seems kind of rediculous actually, with technology the way it is today

its a nice phone thats for damn sure, but ill wait for a hardware update with wifi before i think about getting the phone

my tmobile shadow does me just fine
 9 years ago '06        #91
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
I'm leanin towards the Storm. Wifi is overrated, as long as you get cell service you get 3g internet so who really gives a fu*k All my friends have iphones, and i like the option of rotating the phone to type on the side unlike typing with one finger on a the iphone.

Only thing is, i heard it has some bugs, if this can be fixed through updates then i'm gettin it. If i have to wait for a new model to come out then
 9 years ago '04        #92
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
 KSoraci7 said:
I'm leanin towards the Storm. Wifi is overrated, as long as you get cell service you get 3g internet so who really gives a fu*k All my friends have iphones, and i like the option of rotating the phone to type on the side unlike typing with one finger on a the iphone.

Only thing is, i heard it has some bugs, if this can be fixed through updates then i'm gettin it. If i have to wait for a new model to come out then
See i dont get all the wifi crap. I live in florida where all wi-fi available is you have to use per fee, or people have their sh*t with security key(like mine because i hate when people piggy back off my internet connection). And in a year or so that they will have 4g which will be faster than cable modem anyway.
 9 years ago '04        #93
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 12 12
like the HTC touch , its just another bandwagon jump into fullscreen touch .....

which mind you i think blackberry would do fine with it ... but honestly its a total cop out , its just a copy cat idea on the backs of apple and it doesnt show any innovations.... And honestly , all that aside , if it would do something the iphone did but better i would understand .. but if your under the status quo and you still cant offer custom applications like the app store .. download sh*t right from the phone and atleast 3 g .... well sorrrryy its not a innovative phone
 9 years ago '06        #94
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 mszomola said:
like the HTC touch , its just another bandwagon jump into fullscreen touch .....

which mind you i think blackberry would do fine with it ... but honestly its a total cop out , its just a copy cat idea on the backs of apple and it doesnt show any innovations.... And honestly , all that aside , if it would do something the iphone did but better i would understand .. but if your under the status quo and you still cant offer custom applications like the app store .. download sh*t right from the phone and atleast 3 g .... well sorrrryy its not a innovative phone
So should Blackberry have plastic buttons through 2090 c'mon now be realistic
 9 years ago '04        #95
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
 mszomola said:

You are an official moron.

You do realize that Blackberry has custom apps for free. Blackberry let anybody make apps for them. they dont have a centralized app store till March. But right now you can get OTA app from Crackberry app store. Really blackberry had custom apps before Iphone actually had an appstore. The reason blackberry dont have a centralized app store because they dont want their 3rd party developers feel like they are wasting their times. That is why blackberry has 3rd party browsers(something you will never see in Iphones), 3rd party email.

. Because before the app store existed people have to void their warrenty to even get apps while blackberry and winmobile have that ability to get apps.

and also Iphone is not even great for business unlike that blackberry Storm is.

Really how is the iphone innovative when it cant even have basic Copy and paste function, MMS, and video recording.

And I love how the iphone doesnt give the ability to change your theme of the phone without hacking the sh*t.

can you even tether your Iphone to a laptop without jailbreaking your phone.

so really how the Storm is a copy cat when the iphone is playing catch upon basic smart phone function which the storm actually has.

Storm has 3rd party apps(eveek.com has a free app store for everyblackberry).

I got MobiTV(tv on my cellphone), operamini, Mobishark(a program that tether your blackberry without paying for monthly BBA on verzion), viigo(feed reader), vlingo(free voice to text, voice command app). google map, myspace app.

Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 11-24-2008 at 08:48 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #96
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,775 | Props total: 842 842
 aaron923 said:
I got the storm and like it,,
what does OS stand for and what does it do?
Operating System...the way they advertised the phone in video conferences and conference calls is that it will have the same touch sensitivity as the iPhone, which it doesnt even come close...Keyboard is very accurate in typing which is a huge plus though
 9 years ago '08        #97
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 mszomola said:

hey dumb fu*k, the storm is set to launch an app store soon. And quit acting like the iphone is the first to offer apps. Treos have been doing it since it reigned king of smart phones.
 9 years ago '04        #98
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,775 | Props total: 842 842
 KarteL13 said:
hey dumb fu*k, the storm is set to launch an app store soon. And quit acting like the iphone is the first to offer apps. Treos have been doing it since it reigned king of smart phones.

:applause:
 9 years ago '06        #99
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
fu*k it, im coppin this sh*t today.
 9 years ago '04        #100
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 12 12
Naw it doesnt nessesarly mean it has to offer plastic buttons ... i know what you mean ...

Its funny how mad some of you bi*ches get though , "HEY YOU DUMB fu*k " ... and "YOUR A MORON"
look kids , dont be mad at me your moneys spent on old sh*t ... its not my fault you bought a phone thats coming out with almost what an apple offers ... and this is after the fact they've had years to think of something better...

Truth is though im not affected . Because to me , just offering touch isnt going to change your stance on the market place imo at this point ... htc , blackberry , apple all do it now plus some ... its not a selling feature ... blackberry bold in my opinion was a better step for their business strategy ... not making crappy flip phones and half a.ssed touch phones when the markets saturated with WAAAYYY better offerings ..

and hey to mr. Dumbfu*k , and Mr. Moron ... how bout your take your titty sucking tantrums elseware .. if this a discussion where grown people are involved try staying in the kiddie sections with your momys n*pples still in your mouth :P :D:D:D:D:D:D

I like blackberry stuff .. i think its top quality ... but it doesnt offer the versatility off apples offering , its just barely matching offerings
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
115 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
124 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy