Th Official Blackberry Storm thread

most viewed right now
 87
NBA KD just pulled Barkley's card
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 62
NBA Dude looking like he might take something smh
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 46
Image(s) inside asap rocky pass the milk
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 45
Image(s) inside Biggest fall off in music industry history :tylereww:
81 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 11-20-2008, 04:37 AM         #61
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ldogg310 said:
Ok good lookin out but I dont see that 29.99 plan anywhere on they website.
it's there.

i ordered my storm over the phone a few days ago. made my plan with the service rep and everything

30 bucks unlimited interet
40 dollars voice calling
5 dollars texting

but i get a 15 percent employee discount for working for Hertz Corporate Headquarters, so i'll be paying like 64 bux monthly
 9 years ago '04        #62
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,907 | Props total: 1012 1012
 StateZFinest said:
it's there.

i ordered my storm over the phone a few days ago. made my plan with the service rep and everything

30 bucks unlimited interet
40 dollars voice calling
5 dollars texting

but i get a 15 percent employee discount for working for Hertz Corporate Headquarters, so i'll be paying like 64 bux monthly
about $72 and change a month....Verizon is 14% tax every month, so in a sense you are only getting a 1% discount on your base price :banghead: ...oh well it's better than $85.50 a month
 9 years ago '08        #63
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
this didn't get that great of a review. I'll give it a shot on my own this weekend.


Last edited by KarteL13; 11-20-2008 at 10:05 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #64
datniggabstyle 
space
avatar space
space
$330 | Props total: 14 14
 KarteL13 said:
this didn't that great of a review. I'll give it a shot on my own this weekend.
do you have a link to the review....
 9 years ago '08        #65
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 datn*ggabstyle said:
do you have a link to the review....


scroll down a few. But then again, they say Engadget is pro iphone and it did seem like a comparison rather than a review.
 9 years ago '08        #66
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
Damn, cnet and Pcmag both gave the storm average reviews labeling it buggy and hard to text on.

Looks like I'll be a new G1 owner soon.
 9 years ago '04        #67
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,989 | Props total: 747 747
 KarteL13 said:
Damn, cnet and Pcmag both gave the storm average reviews labeling it buggy and hard to text on.

Looks like I'll be a new G1 owner soon.
The Endgaget review has me a little more tentative.. But not enough to leave Verizon for T Mobile, or to get an iPhone which I think is already over hyped... So I think I'm still gonna give this a try...
 9 years ago '04        #68
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,610 | Props total: 3251 3251
all reviews also said that the storm they have was on OS 4.7.62 and the one coming out in friday will be updated with 4.7.81
 9 years ago '07        #69
catcher1010 
space
space
space
$27 | Props total: 0 0
 D.A.R.S. said:
You sir are incorrect :greetings10:


if you already have a voice plan through verizon and just want to buy a blackberry, you must add either the

Blackberry® Solution Unlimited Data Usage 44.99

BlackBerry® is an end-to-end wireless e-mail solution that provides quick, easy access to e-mail, contacts, calendar and task list while on the go. Service available within the NationalAccess service area.

or the

Email and Web for BlackBerry®
Use your BlackBerry for personal email and Web surfing. 29.99

* Your email will be “pushed” automatically to your device.
* Access up to ten POP3 and IMAP email accounts, including Yahoo!® Mail, AOL® Mail, Windows Live® Hotmail®, and Verizon.net.
* Easy email account setup.
* Voice Usage: Per your voice calling plan.

Required Equipment
CDMA BlackBerry device with Verizon Wireless software required.

CDMA Data Roaming

* In the Canadian Broadband and Canadian Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas, usage will be charged at a rate of $0.002 per KB or $2.05 per MB.
* In the Mexican Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area, usage will be charged at a rate of $0.005 per KB or $5.12 per MB.









so that would make me correct not incorrect and if you do not believe me go to the verizon website and click to buy a new blackberry and chose a select voice plan and then you will have to select one of the two plans above.....
 11-21-2008, 04:24 AM         #70
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ldogg310 said:
naw I believed u the first time I just couldn't find it on the website, but i'll wait till it drops and see if they update it. I really dont know if I am going to get this or the jordan 11/12 countdown pack

cant get both cause my kids want too much sh*t this christmas. :angry12:
yea, i know you believed me, i was just tryna break it down for you with more details
 9 years ago '05        #71
adh56 
space
avatar space
space
$1,473 | Props total: 13 13
Its official i writing this post form my brand new Blackberry Storm. I was at Verizon at 6am and was number 9 in line.
 9 years ago '08        #72
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 adh56 said:
Its official i writing this post form my brand new Blackberry Storm. I was at Verizon at 6am and was number 9 in line.
How is it? I'm not a big fan of touch screen phones so how is it typing on it?
 9 years ago '04        #73
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,907 | Props total: 1012 1012
 catcher1010 said:


if you already have a voice plan through verizon and just want to buy a blackberry, you must add either the

Blackberry® Solution Unlimited Data Usage 44.99

BlackBerry® is an end-to-end wireless e-mail solution that provides quick, easy access to e-mail, contacts, calendar and task list while on the go. Service available within the NationalAccess service area.

or the

Email and Web for BlackBerry®
Use your BlackBerry for personal email and Web surfing. 29.99

* Your email will be “pushed” automatically to your device.
* Access up to ten POP3 and IMAP email accounts, including Yahoo!® Mail, AOL® Mail, Windows Live® Hotmail®, and Verizon.net.
* Easy email account setup.
* Voice Usage: Per your voice calling plan.

Required Equipment
CDMA BlackBerry device with Verizon Wireless software required.

CDMA Data Roaming

* In the Canadian Broadband and Canadian Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas, usage will be charged at a rate of $0.002 per KB or $2.05 per MB.
* In the Mexican Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area, usage will be charged at a rate of $0.005 per KB or $5.12 per MB.









so that would make me correct not incorrect and if you do not believe me go to the verizon website and click to buy a new blackberry and chose a select voice plan and then you will have to select one of the two plans above.....


Right, the $44.99 is ONLY if you want it as a data device, the $29.99 does not limit what you have access to, like you said in your first post

if you have a voice plan with your blackberry you have 2 options for data, either $44.99 or $29.99

$44.99 is only necessary if you get your emails through an exchange server, in which you need all of your information to your networks server, username, password, port

$29.99 is for everyday people that don't have corporate emails


Being a district sales manager for Verizon, you shouldn't try and school me on their plans...thanks
 9 years ago '05        #74
adh56 
space
avatar space
space
$1,473 | Props total: 13 13
 KarteL13 said:
How is it? I'm not a big fan of touch screen phones so how is it typing on it?
The typing is cool. Very easy. Buttons click and highlight as you push the screen. I had to go to work and couldnt play with it all day like i wanted to. sucks being a manager at a store.
 11-22-2008, 10:11 AM         #75
Go0nSqUaD  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
idk if i wanna get this or not...ill prolly always be worried about it getting scratched n sh*t... even worse... cuz im like that with my blackberry pearl
 9 years ago '04        #76
GetOnMahLevel 
space
avatar space
space
$5,497 | Props total: 115 115
phone looks hard.. i wanna wait for the omnia to drop to see which one i want...

my lil brother pickin this joint up today tho..
 9 years ago '04        #77
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,989 | Props total: 747 747
I was feeling not so confident in this sh*t early yesterday... But I copped anyway... AND ME LOVE IT!!!!!

The phone is sick... Better typing wise than I thought it would be... only iPhone comparison I'll make is that the iPhone internet is better...
 9 years ago '08        #78
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
So the typing is cool? Pretty much every review says the typing is one of the biggest drawbacks. I guess i need to check it out myself.
 9 years ago '04        #79
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,907 | Props total: 1012 1012
The OS on the phone is painfully slow, that's the biggest gripe I hear from customers
 9 years ago '04        #80
aaron923 
space
avatar space
space
$212 | Props total: 8 8
 D.A.R.S. said:
The OS on the phone is painfully slow, that's the biggest gripe I hear from customers


I got the storm and like it,,
what does OS stand for and what does it do?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 45
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
114 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 29
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside May 18 - Trump orders Postmaster General to DOUBLE Amazon's shipping r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 10
Colin Farrell destroying bullys dad
52 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 7
NBA Breaking: Kansas City a lock for an NBA expansion team.
149 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 7
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
94 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 6
Call Of Duty Black Ops IIII Gameplay
86 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside May 19 - Countries Are Starting To Dump The US Dollar... EU Consider D..
39 comments
1 day ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy