most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #1
7667 pageviews
130 comments

MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
space
$10,422 | Props total: 1872 1872
Nov 1 - JAY Z AND HIS POLITICAL IGNORANCE

[pic - click to view]

http://www.usatoday.com/n .. ara-edit_x.htm

Che Guevara should be scorned — not worn
By Ryan Clancy
Che Guevara is everywhere these days. Not literally. He is, after all, dead. But 38 years after meeting his demise in the Bolivian jungle, the communist revolutionary has re-emerged as a pop culture icon. In dorm rooms, on the runways of Paris and on merchandising kitsch, the legendary Alberto Korda image of a beret-clad Guevara is the epitome of cool. Don't be surprised if during tonight's trick-or-treating, Che shows up among the goblins. He's that ubiquitous.

Hollywood has taken notice, too. Last year's indie hit The Motorcycle Diaries, which traced Che's youthful wanderlust trip across South America, is soon to be followed by a major studio production featuring Benicio Del Toro.

Che's rock star status will probably be fleeting. Just ask Motley Crüe. But long after Jay-Z stops rapping, "I'm like Che Guevara with bling on," Che will retain the exalted position he has held since the Vietnam War as a symbol of peace and justice. And that is a problem.

Che demanded worldwide revolution, even if it meant a stream of death and misery. He said the utopia that could be built on the ashes of the old world would make the suffering worthwhile. That's why he advocated a nuclear exchange during the Cuban missile crisis.

In fact, if you read through Che's speeches, with his constant refrain of glorious martyrdom, they're remarkably similar to another well-known "revolutionary" — the tall, bearded one holed up somewhere on the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.

Che hated the United States and the global free market system that sustained it. Just ask him. "Let us sum up our hopes for victory: total destruction of imperialism by eliminating its firmest bulwark, the oppression exercised by the United States of America."

If Che's world vision had prevailed, it's safe to say that Apple founder Steve Jobs would have never brought us the iPod. After all, it's tough to innovate when you're stuck behind a donkey farming turnips for the proletariat.

For those who sell Che merchandise, this history is beside the point. Yakov Grinberg, a 20-year-old clerk at Freaks, a shop in Manhattan's trendy East Village, freely concedes: "Most of these people obviously have no idea what they're wearing."

Che isn't the only erstwhile commie scoring cool points either. Chairman Mao and the Soviet hammer-and-sickle are showing up on hipster gear as well. Who knew that bread lines were the new black?

Against this backdrop of ignorance, it's not surprising that Che, as a populist symbol of uncompromising defiance who stood up for the poor and oppressed, transcends the real Che — the one who said judicial review for executions was an "archaic bourgeoisie detail."

What then are we to make of Che Guevara? Che apologists insist he fought "for the people." But when it came to the basics of helping "the people," such as not k!lling them, he was less than stellar.

Most historians agree upon one fact, however, that can shape our understanding of Che. He was a loser. Big time. I'm talking McGovern in '72, Saddam in '91 and the Chicago Cubs every year since '08.

Che fomented unrest in Argentina, Bolivia, the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Haiti, Panama and the African Congo, and every expedition was an abject failure. His single enduring political achievement, Cuba, is not even threatening enough to make the Axis of Evil.

So, instead of Che being held up as a beacon of peace and justice, let us hereafter revel in his futility. He'll be an exemplar of the idea that hard work does not always pay off. In fact, I already have a new shirt in mind. Take the same iconic picture of Che and just add the heading, "I tried to conquer the evil Yankee imperialists and all I got was this stupid T-shirt."

130 comments for "Nov 1 - JAY Z AND HIS POLITICAL IGNORANCE"

9 years ago '07        #2
MELODY 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

"I'm like Che Guevara with bling on," - JAY-Z "PSA" THE BLACK ALBUM

[pic - click to view]

Che hated the United States and the global free market system that sustained it. Just ask him. "Let us sum up our hopes for victory: total destruction of imperialism by eliminating its firmest bulwark, the oppression exercised by the United States of America."

[pic - click to view]

Che demanded worldwide revolution, even if it meant a stream of death and misery. He said the utopia that could be built on the ashes of the old world would make the suffering worthwhile. That's why he advocated a nuclear exchange during the Cuban missile crisis.

[pic - click to view]

Che Guevara was a communist revolutionary

[pic - click to view]

The Blueprint 2: The Gift and the Curse he refers to himself as the revolutionary Jay Guevara, while in the same song he says he’s like Ross Perot?

"I would start looking - and i'm being very honest - for real estate in another country to spend my time" JAY-Z VIBE SEPTEMBER ARTICLE

OH YEA JAY? THATS A VERY ANTI AMERICAN COMMENT. THE LAND OF THE FREE IN WHICH MANY HAVE RISKED THEIR LIVES TO GET INTO AND YOU TAKE THIS FOR GRANTED? THE ONLY COUNTRY IN WHICH A KID CAN GO FROM MARCY TO OWNING AN NBA TEAM? A GREAT ENOUGH COUNTRY WHERE YOUR ACTUALLY ALLOWED TO TALK BAD ABOUT YOUR LEADER?

"ITS A CONFLICT TO ENCOURAGE THE MASSES TO VOTE FOR A CERTAIN PERSON" TI GIANT MAGAZINE ISSUE OCTOBER 2008 ISSUE :applause:

SO WOULD YOU TRUST JAY TO KNOW MUCH ABOUT POLITICS?

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by MELODY; 11-01-2008 at 01:24 AM..
 11-01-2008, 01:25 AM         #3
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
che hated capitalism, now people making making off his image

lol
 11-01-2008, 01:34 AM         #4
Big Hommie 85 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MELODY said:
OH YEA JAY? THATS A VERY ANTI AMERICAN COMMENT. THE LAND OF THE FREE IN WHICH MANY HAVE RISKED THEIR LIVES TO GET INTO AND YOU TAKE THIS FOR GRANTED? THE ONLY COUNTRY IN WHICH A KID CAN GO FROM MARCY TO OWNING AN NBA TEAM? A GREAT ENOUGH COUNTRY WHERE YOUR ACTUALLY ALLOWED TO TALK BAD ABOUT YOUR LEADER?
you are one stupid bastard!!! how many n*ggas went from marcy projects to multi millions compared to the amount of n*ggas from marcy to the grave or jail or drugs??? this n*ggas grandparents couldnt even attend the same schools or drink from the same fountains as white ppl, same country where n*ggas are plottin to k!ll obama, cuz hes black! i could go on and on, but i'll stop right there! fu*k this country, this n*gga dont owe nobody sh*t!!!
 9 years ago '07        #5
MELODY 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
 DallasTexas said:
at hispanics supporting mccain,,, thats a joke cuz if you think he cares about yall , then yall r just retarded and dumb and ignorant and somebody i wouldnt trust at all
OH YOU MEAN THE GUY THAT WENT INTO THE AIR FORCE, FOUGHT FOR HIS COUNTRY, AND WAS A PRISONER OF WAR FOR 5 YEARS ALL FOR HIS NATION?

11-01-2008, 02:06 AM         #6
jhj2004 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah, and the whole symbolism behind Che Guevara was that he actually fought and died for his cause wihout fear of his own death. He didn't just send people out to die for him or for what he believed in.

"His execution in Vallegrande at the age of 39 only enhanced Guevara's mythical stature. That Christ-like figure laid out on a bed of death with his uncanny eyes almost about to open; those fearless last words ("Shoot, coward, you're only going to k!ll a man") that somebody invented or reported; the anonymous burial and the hacked-off hands, as if his k!llers feared him more after he was dead than when he had been alive: all of it is scalded into the mind and memory of those defiant times. He would resurrect, young people shouted in the late '60s"

Latin American revolutionary leader, who rejected both capitalism and orthodox Soviet communism. Like T.E. Lawrence (1888 1935), better known as 'Lawrence of Arabia', Guevara lived an adventurous life. Guevara's tragic early death in Bolivia created a legend that still lives. He once said that "the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love", but he also wrote influential works of guerrilla warfare.

After witnessing American intervention in Guatemala in 1954, Guevara radicalized and become convinced that the only way to bring about change was by violent revolution. He wrote in a letter to home: "Along the way, I had the opportunity to pass through the dominions of the United Fruit, convincing me once again of just how terrible these capitalist octopuses are. I have sworn before a picture of the old and mourned comrade Stalin that I won’t rest until I see these capitalist octopuses annihilated." In Guatemala Guevara met Hilda Gadea. They married 1955 and had one child. Guevara was arrested with Fidel Castro in Mexico for a short time. He had joined Castro's revolutionaries to overthrow the Batista government. In 1956 they loaded 38-feet long motor yacht Granma full of guerrillas and weapons and sailed to Cuba, landing near Cabo Cruz on December 2.

A true revolutionary

Last edited by jhj2004; 11-01-2008 at 02:08 AM..
 11-01-2008, 02:12 AM         #7
jhj2004 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
But I will also say that Jay-Z has no heart and is wearing those shirts only to follow a trend. I could see 2pac or Dead Prez wearing it, but not this coward.
 9 years ago '04        #9
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,236 | Props total: 3056 3056
 DrX said:
che hated capitalism, now people making making off his image

lol
irony...
 11-01-2008, 02:38 AM         #10
jhj2004 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol, we all know how much mccain loves to f!ght!! " f!ght with me, stand up and f!ght, let's get ready to f!ght."
We already know that he will end the world if he is elected.
 9 years ago '06        #11
RAZAH CUTS 5844 heat pts5844
space
space
$54,098 | Props total: 18979 18979
I was screaming on many lil' white suburban kids 4 or 5 years ago when that lil' fad of rocking a too tight smedium T-shirt with Che's image on the front was at it's height.....

I've researched Che's life and trust me he is no one to admire.....people equate his image with revolution---I equate it with a spoiled and priveledged kid who could've used his skills to save lives, but instead, just eventually became a mad doctor, who performed many atrocities on his loyal soldiers in the mountains of Cuba.....he was a cold blooded murderer who played judge, jury and executrioner and nothing more than one of Fidel Castro's many agents of destruction.....

truthfully though if we are gonna call out Hova and all the idiotic yuppies that were rocking Che shirts heavy back in the day we also have to talk about the cats from the hood who were committing acts of "fashion ignorance" as well.....

I remember seeing many cats that was supposedly "Hip-Hop" just a few years ago rockin shirts with guys like Al Capone, Pablo Escobar, Manuel Norieaga, and whoever else was infamous back in the day, on the front of them.....totally ignorant of the fact that these men had committed a tremendous amount of crimes and in many ways contributed to the reasons why black folks had certain substances riddling their neighborhoods with addiction, violent crime and cycles of hoplessness.....

In the end many Americans just jump on any trend these days if their favorite celebrity is doing it, be it fashion, cosmetic surgery or whatever.....Americans don't think for themselves enough and they've stopped demanding more from their counter culture sub-groups....it used to be that all the hip, liberal kids really were all very well read and were always up to speed on what time it really was....nowadays we just have a bunch of posing a.ss, lonely muthafu*kas that wanna seem deep or wanna shock people, or wanna latch on to a certain lifestyle that they see their favorite actor or actress displaying and they decide to throw on a T-shirt that has a symbolic meaning to it, but the only problem is these fake a.ss muthafu*kas don't know what that meaning really is, or even worse they don't care to know......
 9 years ago '04        #12
realkilla3 
space
space
$3,347 | Props total: 2528 2528
^^^^^^^it cant get more real than that.
 11-01-2008, 03:23 AM         #13
Nolia2g7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MELODY said:

[pic - click to view]

"I'm like Che Guevara with bling on," - JAY-Z "PSA" THE BLACK ALBUM

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Che Guevara was a communist revolutionary

[pic - click to view]

The Blueprint 2: The Gift and the Curse he refers to himself as the revolutionary Jay Guevara, while in the same song he says he’s like Ross Perot?

"I would start looking - and i'm being very honest - for real estate in another country to spend my time" JAY-Z VIBE SEPTEMBER ARTICLE

"ITS A CONFLICT TO ENCOURAGE THE MASSES TO VOTE FOR A CERTAIN PERSON" TI GIANT MAGAZINE ISSUE OCTOBER 2008 ISSUE :applause:

SO WOULD YOU TRUST JAY TO KNOW MUCH ABOUT POLITICS?

[pic - click to view]

n*gga u took the time to do ALL THIS!!?!?!?! :angry12: You need a job.
 11-01-2008, 03:36 AM         #14
rawproduct03 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MELODY said:
OH YOU MEAN THE GUY THAT WENT INTO THE AIR FORCE, FOUGHT FOR HIS COUNTRY, AND WAS A PRISONER OF WAR FOR 5 YEARS ALL FOR HIS NATION?

^^^yeah the guy that got captured and graduated 5th bottom from his class, for his nation??? oh so you think the Vietnam war was protecting our nation??? wow your even more of a dumb fu*k then i thought, yeah cuz Vietnam was so close to taking over the u.s right??? pfff you sir are a dumb fu*k
 11-01-2008, 04:04 AM         #15
jhj2004 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rawproduct03 said:
^^^yeah the guy that got captured and graduated 5th bottom from his class, for his nation??? oh so you think the Vietnam war was protecting our nation??? wow your even more of a dumb fu*k then i thought, yeah cuz Vietnam was so close to taking over the u.s right??? pfff you sir are a dumb fu*k
yeah, mccain was nothing but an arrogant womanizer who was finally humbled by his P.O.W. experience.
 11-01-2008, 04:26 AM         #16
SwllwtheShards 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MELODY said:

why attempt to back McCain up when you cant even get basic public knowledge about him right? he wasnt in the airforce. he was a graduate of the United States Naval Academy.
 9 years ago '04        #17
Adwerdz 320 heat pts320
space
space
$32,805 | Props total: 23583 23583

[pic - click to view]

The Wavolution

Owwwwwwwwwwwww
 9 years ago '04        #18
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 RAZAH CUTS said:
I was screaming on many lil' white suburban kids 4 or 5 years ago when that lil' fad of rocking a too tight smedium T-shirt with Che's image on the front was at it's height.....

I've researched Che's life and trust me he is no one to admire.....people equate his image with revolution---I equate it with a spoiled and priveledged kid who could've used his skills to save lives, but instead, just eventually became a mad doctor, who performed many atrocities on his loyal soldiers in the mountains of Cuba.....he was a cold blooded murderer who played judge, jury and executrioner and nothing more than one of Fidel Castro's many agents of destruction.....

truthfully though if we are gonna call out Hova and all the idiotic yuppies that were rocking Che shirts heavy back in the day we also have to talk about the cats from the hood who were committing acts of "fashion ignorance" as well.....

I remember seeing many cats that was supposedly "Hip-Hop" just a few years ago rockin shirts with guys like Al Capone, Pablo Escobar, Manuel Norieaga, and whoever else was infamous back in the day, on the front of them.....totally ignorant of the fact that these men had committed a tremendous amount of crimes and in many ways contributed to the reasons why black folks had certain substances riddling their neighborhoods with addiction, violent crime and cycles of hoplessness.....

In the end many Americans just jump on any trend these days if their favorite celebrity is doing it, be it fashion, cosmetic surgery or whatever.....Americans don't think for themselves enough and they've stopped demanding more from their counter culture sub-groups....it used to be that all the hip, liberal kids really were all very well read and were always up to speed on what time it really was....nowadays we just have a bunch of posing a.ss, lonely muthafu*kas that wanna seem deep or wanna shock people, or wanna latch on to a certain lifestyle that they see their favorite actor or actress displaying and they decide to throw on a T-shirt that has a symbolic meaning to it, but the only problem is these fake a.ss muthafu*kas don't know what that meaning really is, or even worse they don't care to know......
Close thread. :agreement6:
 9 years ago '05        #19
rippac4 
space
space
$14,134 | Props total: 1050 1050
 RAZAH CUTS said:

:applause:

real talk, but Jay should know better because he call himself a trendstarter, he should research that sh*t, I mean he talks about his intelligence, but you're people sport that sh*t like it's cool, I never got into wearing that sh*t cause people see it as a shirt but to other people that were effected by theere actions, it's alot more, it says to honor drug dealers, k!llers & mafia dudes & kids see that
 11-01-2008, 06:16 AM         #20
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RAZAH CUTS said:

so u hang around with little white suburban kids? are u a little black suburban kid?

and yeah he was an inspirational man, but i think more importantly than that why is jay z getting involved in the first place? if he wants 2 vote then fine but celebrities shouldnt be influencing peoples votes.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
111 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
193 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
68 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy