The Official Fallout 3 Thread

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
141 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
36 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #661
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,156 | Props total: 9567 9567
 DaRealMrLRP said:
does anyone know why the holotapes appear everywhere .. do they unlock something major at the end of the game or reveal special info cuz i just pick em up n keep it movin
You can find one in Rivet City. Its behind the pulpit at the church. You need it for Dr.Zimmers mission when you have to find the android
 02-24-2009, 07:14 PM         #662
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
holotapes have a ton of uses depends on what ones u pick up
 02-24-2009, 10:16 PM         #663
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
found this online earlier thought a few people on here may want to voice in on this one

9 years ago '06        #664
swiff epics 3 heat pts
space
space
$577 | Props total: 109 109
lol petitions wont do sh*t
 02-25-2009, 08:45 AM         #665
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 swiff epics said:
lol petitions wont do sh*t
yeah i know but let the ps3 people dream would ya
 9 years ago '06        #666
swiff epics 3 heat pts
space
space
$577 | Props total: 109 109
i kno i kno...hell i signed it anyway
 02-25-2009, 02:57 PM         #667
DaRealMrLRP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i collect virtually every holotape, i know u need certain ones to get the strongest gun in the game (which i already have on my first file) but i just wanted to make sure they dont need to be "listened to" in order to unlock some things ... anyway THE PITT coming soon, wish they would make this shyt connect online so u can trade ammo and shyt with people and make urself stronger (also giving u an edge with ur favorite weapons)
 9 years ago '04        #668
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Fallout 3. One of the most hotly controversial cross-platform projects of 2008, the PlayStation 3 version in particular come in for plenty of criticism owing to its often-poor frame rate - though Digital Foundry was somewhat more even-handed in its Eurogamer a.ssessment at the tail-end of last year.
It turned out that Xbox 360 version, despite its superior frame rate and full-on 4x MSAA, had flaws of its own - notably some inferior textures when viewed close up, along with a lack of specular maps on the monsters and characters, resulting in a somewhat flat look compared to the other versions of the game.
As it happens, the latest Fallout 3 patch isn’t just preparation code for the upcoming DLC… one of the small issues with the launch 360 game has been addressed: the specular maps are back. Perhaps the omission was simply a bug? Or perhaps not, because while the effect has been replaced in the more obvious locations, elsewhere it is still absent. But regardless, it’s an obviously welcome addition for 360 owners, and we presume that the upcoming DLC will be looking as good as it can possibly be. Nice.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Speculars are back. In certain places, at least. This polished effect was incorporated into the PS3 and PC versions of the game, but only now, post-patch, is it seen in the 360 code…

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

However, it’s not all good news. The lower resolution textures, only really apparent when viewed close-up, remain as they were on 360, with PS3 still having the edge

And here’s a nice YouTube HD slideshow video with these images, and many more. See what’s improved, and what isn’t in full 720p HD… be sure to hit that full-screen button.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpxCjWpf2D0&eurl=http://www.digitalfoundry.org/blog/?p=552&feature=player_embedded[/media]
 9 years ago '04        #669
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
i thought they said ps3 had the worst graphics out of 3
 9 years ago '05        #670
Chuck_Remixed 251 heat pts251
space
space
$17,106 | Props total: 3554 3554
The Problem with the PS3 version was the jaggies/lack of AA. 360 version had this problem of course. Overall, the 360 version did look better when you played them side by side. That was before this upgrade.

Last edited by Chuck_Remixed; 03-04-2009 at 09:19 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #671
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '06        #672
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
sooo the updates out now or its coming soon? I beat it already but that might make me check it out again.
 9 years ago '05        #673
space
space
 beantown85 said:
sooo the updates out now or its coming soon? I beat it already but that might make me check it out again.
Its out now
 03-04-2009, 10:02 PM         #674
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mehh just gimme my dlc game shouldnt look all polished anyway nothing will be nice and shiny post apocalyptic
 9 years ago '05        #675
space
space
 TriangleOffense said:
mehh just gimme my dlc game shouldnt look all polished anyway nothing will be nice and shiny post apocalyptic
 9 years ago '06        #676
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
i thought there was an official F3 thread..."MOD"
 03-04-2009, 10:22 PM         #677
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jayvivz said:
i thought there was an official F3 thread..."MOD"
if they would keep it at the top there wouldnt be any issue but noooooooo lets keep moving it there is a fukin GOD OF WAR official thread and that game doesnt come out for a year but hey whatever good job mods
 9 years ago '06        #678
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
why are you so in love with that thread? sh*t ain't have a post in like a week, it doesn't need to be stickied anymore.
 9 years ago '06        #679
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
and that GOW thread isn't stickied anyways, so what's the problem?
 03-06-2009, 09:43 AM         #680
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Three new screenshots for Fallout 3's upcoming The Pitt downloadable content introduce us to the Trogs, scampering, light-fearing mutants that want to eat your face.

The Trogs are actually creatures that were supposed to appear in Black Isle Studio's canceled Fallout 3 project, Van Buren, characterized as a race of mutant hillbillies that holed up in caves when the bombs struck. Centuries of darkness and slow exposure to radiation changed them into yellow-skinned creatures of the night, the Trogs. The Fallout 3 Trogs look much different than the concepts for the Van Buren Trogs, which can be found over at the Fallout Wiki. Between the two, I'm hard-pressed to tell you which frightens me more.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
163 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy