The Official Fallout 3 Thread

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-17-2009, 09:24 AM         #641
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cant freakin wait

So you loved Fallout 3 and bought Operation Anchroage right away? Then you’ll love to read our Q&A with Bethesda’s Jeff Gardiner, lead producer on Fallout 3. Get the skinny on both The Pitt and Broken Steel including what you can expect for new content.

Game Informer: What’s the full name of the next expansion, and what does that name mean?

Jeff Gardiner: Our second installment of downloadable content will be called simply – “The Pitt.” It’s set in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, an industrialized city that was spared from a direct hit in the nuclear onslaught. Its denizens have renamed it The Pitt, both as an abbreviation for the city and because the Raiders make their slaves f!ght in a pit heavily contaminated with radiation.

GI: Does the second Fallout 3 expansion connect up to any plot features of either Project Anchorage or the retail game?

Gardiner: The Pitt is a stand-alone product. It doesn’t tie into Anchorage; as these are separate downloads, there’s no guarantee a player would own both DLCs.

GI: What’s the narrative setup for The Pitt?

Gardiner: Pittsburgh was once the industrial center of the pre-war world. The city was spared the horrors of nuclear fire, only to have its people infected by a nightmare plague of disease, infection, and mutation. The Pitt opens with the player encountering an escaped slave from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The slave, Werhner, claims that the leader of “the Pitt” has created a cure for mutations… Once inside the Pitt, the player will have to figure out how to gain audience with the raider boss. What they’ll discover could send shockwaves through the Wasteland. The Pitt is very morally ambiguous – there’s no real right or wrong, just choices to be made, sides to be chosen.

GI: What new features/creatures/weapons/locations can players expect to encounter in The Pitt?

Gardiner: Without spoiling everything, The Pitt contains all of the above! There’s an “AutoAxe,” a melee weapon comparable to the ripper but with a huge, serrated rotary blade. There are three new perks including “Auto Axpert,” which will give the player a boost in damage when they’re using the new AutoAxe. Pittsburgh itself is infected with “Trogs,” creatures that were once human but slowly devolved into scampering mutants who fear the light and f!ght in packs. Many iconic locations in Pittsburgh are modeled in the game; several of our developers are from the city and their first hand knowledge is on full display!

GI: Are there any plans to further expand the level cap with this second expansion? Will there be any new perks or abilities for characters to try out?

Gardiner: The third DLC, Broken Steel, will expand the level cap to 30. As mentioned above, The Pitt will include three unique perks for players to experiment with and discover.

GI: Is there a loose release date plan for when this second expansion will be available? What platforms will the expansion release on?

Gardiner: Currently we’re shooting for a March release for The Pitt. It will be available on Xbox 360 Live and on Games for Windows Live as well.

GI: Will The Pitt be priced similarly to Operation Anchorage?

Gardiner: Yes, they’re both 800 points on Microsoft Live.

GI: About how many hours of gameplay do you expect players to encounter on their first play-through of The Pitt?

Gardiner: The Pitt will consist of four to five hours of gameplay, depending on play style. The quest outcome changes with role-playing decisions, so it is replayable from different angles.
 9 years ago '04        #642
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,164 | Props total: 9602 9602
^^^^^flames
 9 years ago '08        #643
SXL 
space
space
$430 | Props total: 1 1
Yo Vault 106 is not scary at all..i was expecting some silent hill type sh*t lol...
 02-18-2009, 11:43 AM         #644
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So i found a nasty picture of your character in THE PITT DLC im scanning it in as I type this sh*t is fiya the weapon looks amazing
 02-18-2009, 11:48 AM         #645
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '06        #646
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,345 | Props total: 1424 1424
 TriangleOffense said:

[pic - click to view]

I got my book yesterday also but props for the picture bro. I need to hop back on fallout again.
 9 years ago '04        #647
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4991 4991
Much clearer picture and some more info...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Vault-Tec engineers have worked around the clock on an interactive reproduction of Wasteland life for you to enjoy from the comfort of your own vault. Included is an expansive world, unique combat, shockingly realistic visuals, tons of player choice, and an incredible cast of dynamic characters. Every minute is a f!ght for survival against the terrors of the outside world – radiation, Super Mutants, and hostile mutated creatures. From Vault-Tec, America’s First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation.

Vault 101 – Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you’ve ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.

Fallout 3 features one of the most realized game worlds ever created. Set more than 200 years following a nuclear war, you can create any kind of character you want and explore the open wastes of Washington, D.C however you choose. Every minute is a f!ght for survival as you encounter Super Mutants, Ghouls, Raiders, and other dangers of the Wasteland.

The Pitt allows you to travel to the post-apocalyptic remains of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and become embroiled in a conflict between slaves and their Raider masters. Explore a sprawling settlement ravaged by time, neglect, nuclear radiation, and moral degradation. The Pitt is filled with morally grey choices, shady NPCs, new enemies, new weapons, and much more.

The Pitt opens with a desperate radio message, and a meeting with its sender, an escaped slave named Wernher. Wernher claims that the leader of “The Pitt” has created a cure for mutations… and he needs you to go in and retrieve it. From there, the player can proceed in a number of ways, in true Fallout 3 style. Do you f!ght your way in, or disguise yourself as a slave? Ally with the slaves, or join their Raider overlords? The Pitt is very morally ambiguous – there’s no real right or wrong, just choices to be made, sides to be chosen, and a mystery that could send shockwaves throughout the entire Wasteland.

Key Features:

Explore an entire new area – the post-apocalyptic ruins of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, known as The Pitt!
Find and use new weaponry, such as the AutoAxe, a new melee weapon with a powerful, serrated rotary blade hungry for flesh.
Discover new side quests and subtle plot elements and determine your path in this place where nothing is “right” or “wrong.”
Exclusive new perks and achievements!
The Pitt will be available for Xbox 360 and PC in March 2009 for 800 points/$9.99.

Last edited by Da Ill One; 02-19-2009 at 10:18 PM..
 02-19-2009, 10:52 PM         #648
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
/\ i saw that earlier good lookin out though
 02-20-2009, 12:01 AM         #649
DaRealMrLRP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
now thats wuts up !!
 02-20-2009, 05:18 PM         #650
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hey re sticky this fu*ker
 9 years ago '06        #651
swiff epics 3 heat pts
space
space
$577 | Props total: 109 109
sticky icky so i can find dis when i need it
 02-21-2009, 12:40 PM         #652
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thank you for the re-sticky
 9 years ago '04        #653
space
space
Im playing the game for the 2nd time around
Im trying to get to the dude that lives in the broken bow of Rivet City but I can't even fu*king see b/c the water is all brown and sh*t. Does anyone know wtf the problem is. One second I can see underwater and the next thing I know I cant see sh*t and I end up drowning
 9 years ago '06        #654
swiff epics 3 heat pts
space
space
$577 | Props total: 109 109
just keep moving from section to ection and then go up for air till u find him..
 9 years ago '04        #655
space
space
The thing is I cant see sh*t
I go up for air and when I go back underwater I cant see where the hell i going
 02-23-2009, 01:40 PM         #656
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ErnieB said:
Are you in the bow already or outside trying to go in the back entrance ? If your getting stuck under water your going the wrong way all the water you need to go under you will beable to see in if it gets so dark you cant see your going the wrong way or your too far down
 02-23-2009, 03:39 PM         #657
DaRealMrLRP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ErnieB said:
use ur pip-boy mini map .. it helps .. i made it through pretty easily using it .. also dont swim too high or too low and watch out for murlurks .. they cause problems if u aint ready for em
 9 years ago '04        #658
space
space
 TriangleOffense said:
Are you in the bow already or outside trying to go in the back entrance ? If your getting stuck under water your going the wrong way all the water you need to go under you will beable to see in if it gets so dark you cant see your going the wrong way or your too far down
im in the bow. i looked at a youtube video to get through it and im going the same way the dude is. id be able to get to the guy inside if the water wasnt fu*kin up my vision
 DaRealMrLRP said:
use ur pip-boy mini map .. it helps .. i made it through pretty easily using it .. also dont swim too high or too low and watch out for murlurks .. they cause problems if u aint ready for em
imma try that.
and i got a combat shotty waiting for any mirelurks that try to test me
 02-23-2009, 05:13 PM         #659
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ErnieB said:
im in the bow. i looked at a youtube video to get through it and im going the same way the dude is. id be able to get to the guy inside if the water wasnt fu*kin up my vision

imma try that.
and i got a combat shotty waiting for any mirelurks that try to test me
dont shoot in the smokey rooms its gas youll die
 02-24-2009, 02:34 PM         #660
DaRealMrLRP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn i started a new game 11 hours ago .. n i fell in love with this game all over again .. damn i just smashed OA for a 2nd time gathering all the intel.

does anyone know why the holotapes appear everywhere .. do they unlock something major at the end of the game or reveal special info cuz i just pick em up n keep it movin
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
349 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
79 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy