Great Links For Receipies and Meal Ideas

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
58 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
251 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 14 - The FCC just killed net neutrality
77 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #1
7326 pageviews
31 comments

JustinSane|M 
space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 17 17
***Updated***Need Help With Meal/Snack Ideas

This has always been an area where my routine has needed work. What I'd like is a high protein, low carb diet to start, later in incorporate more carbs after I shed a few pounds. I also think this is an area where many others in this forum could use some help. What I would like this thread to end up being is a list of our favorite meals or snacks for this type of diet. I've looked at many lists online and it's full of stuff that normal people either don't want to eat or really have no interest in making "Swordfish with a puree of artichoke soup". I think it would also be helpful if portion size was included as well as when you do eat each item listed.

Since creating this thread, the popular idea is the obvious things like tuna, chicken etc...

I found a great site with not only great ideas but recipes that I've actually tried and it worked out pretty good.

[pic - click to view]

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/367050

Last edited by JustinSane; 08-29-2008 at 02:34 PM..

31 comments for "Great Links For Receipies and Meal Ideas"

08-19-2008, 05:00 PM         #2
RUStillDown 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First of all, great thread. I was just thinking about making something similar..

I'm still short on ideas, but I've been eating alot of canned tuna sandwiches (what i do is, drain the tuna, mix with it mayo, add some banana peppers, jalepenos, onions, lemon, and make a sandwich out of it..)

You should make a list in your 1st thread of all the people's ideas, and update it regularly...
 9 years ago '05        #3
JustinSane|M  OP
space
space
Ya, I was going to once the ideas start to come in. I've found people don't normally look past the first page in threads anyways so ya, that's a good idea.
 9 years ago '04        #4
TniaS 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,490 | Props total: 720 720
I like fruits for snacks... I usually stick to soup, sandwiches, and salads.... i cut out red meat 2 months ago... stopped drinking pop 1 1/2 years ago... no more candy... I have been eating these fried plantains lately but i dont know how good they are for you lol.... But yeah i want some more ideas too chicken sandwiches and vegetable soup are getting old
 9 years ago '04        #5
kingcrump 1 heat pts
space
space
$940 | Props total: 0 0
Good post. I've been on the same sh*t lately. Forgot all about Tuna, gotta add that now. Egg Salad is good too.

Also I added cottage cheese, which I used to hate, but I like it now, nice lil snack. Oh and yogurt as well.
 9 years ago '08        #6
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 1 1
I get down with the tuna heavy. I'm addicted to the cheese fish. I usually get the big box from walmart and munch on them all day. Yogurt with cut up fruit in it is the truth too.
 9 years ago '06        #7
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
The best snack you can make is just the tuna...mix it with a bit of lite mayo and sweet relish. If you get double protein wheat bread its good. If not just the tuna and mayo will be a good snack. About 35 grams of protein.

I thought this was a thread for good healthy snacks.
 9 years ago '05        #8
JustinSane|M  OP
space
space
 Sammyboi22 said:
The best snack you can make is just the tuna...mix it with a bit of lite mayo and sweet relish. If you get double protein wheat bread its good. If not just the tuna and mayo will be a good snack. About 35 grams of protein.

I thought this was a thread for good healthy snacks.
It is, but we actually need meal ideas as well. So far all we keep getting is Tuna. We can't be eating that all the time.
 9 years ago '06        #9
YounGCInfamous 
space
space
space
$247 | Props total: 1 1
i take one of those healthy choice things like pasta/chicken or pasta/shrimp things and add a packet of starkist tuna so i end up with like a 400 calorie meal with my carbs and protein.
 08-20-2008, 08:48 PM         #10
H20 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good thread, I need some ideas also.
 08-20-2008, 10:03 PM         #11
westcoastdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kingcrump said:
Good post. I've been on the same sh*t lately. Forgot all about Tuna, gotta add that now. Egg Salad is good too.

Also I added cottage cheese, which I used to hate, but I like it now, nice lil snack. Oh and yogurt as well.
I like egg salad too but the smell of farts after that sh*t is just Unexceptable!
Room clearing potential with one slip of the cheeks.

celery with natural penut butter or apple cut up with nat penut
v8 can be filling
string cheese
burrito chicken, black beans, cheese light sour cream
oatmeal with bananas
tuna can be served alot of ways, over salad, a mealt, with noodles.
cheap thing I used to do is cook the noodles of some roman, skip the flavor packet, drain the water, add tuna some relish and vinegar and you got a little tuna salad.

you can also add eggs to alot of soups, just crack them in there once you bring the soup to a boil and yo will get a much hardier soup.
 9 years ago '06        #12
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,826 | Props total: 1171 1171
 RUStillDown said:
First of all, great thread. I was just thinking about making something similar..

I'm still short on ideas, but I've been eating alot of canned tuna sandwiches (what i do is, drain the tuna, mix with it mayo, add some banana peppers, jalepenos, onions, lemon, and make a sandwich out of it..)

You should make a list in your 1st thread of all the people's ideas, and update it regularly...
Use lite Mayo and Wheat Bread. At first I thought Wheat Bread was weird but I actually like it better than white bread now.

Also here's a meal idea I found on youtube:

9 years ago '05        #13
JustinSane|M  OP
space
space
I updated the original post with a link to a great site. Keep the idea's following guys.
 08-29-2008, 03:59 PM         #14
aRes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
try bison. super high in protien and taste great! as for snacks, tuna is great, boiled eggs( i perfer deviled), go-gurt is always good.
 9 years ago '05        #15
JustinSane|M  OP
space
space
 aRes said:
try bison. super high in protien and taste great! as for snacks, tuna is great, boiled eggs( i perfer deviled), go-gurt is always good.
Ya, I heard from another dude on here to give bison a go and I've been looking for it ever since. I went as far as drive an hour to my old butcher who said he hasn't stocked it in a few years. I'm going to keep an eye out for it though for sure. Good tip.
 08-29-2008, 05:17 PM         #16
DACMONSTA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you can find it at the super market now..
 9 years ago '05        #17
JustinSane|M  OP
space
space
I'm actually up in Canada so everything as far as meat at our major supermarkets are very basic. Chicken, Beef, Pork and Fish. Outside of that, you can get some European stuff shaved up as lunch mean but that's all. I'll have to find a butcher to get Bison.
 08-29-2008, 06:31 PM         #18
ICEmultimedia 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Only thing you have to watch out about canned tuna and mixing it with mayo is the sodium, its actually pretty ridiculous.

fat free yogurt and cottage cheese like these dudes have always worked for me.

Not so much of a meal but I eat popsicles, the real fruit juice kind for a snack. 30 calories for something that takes a little while to eat, and usually isnt too bad on the sugar if you buy the right kind.

portabello mushrooms... its like eating a steak for a meal but... not.

little bit of sauteed chicken brea$t, whole wheat wrap, spinach, tomato and a just a crumble of feta cheese. a little more on the whole gourmet side, but i make it for dinner once a week and I love it. pretty inexpensive and if you can boil water you should be able to figure out how to sautee some chicken in a frying pan with a little extra virgin olive oil.

for whatever peanut butter scares me, anyone have the low down on why I keep hearing about how good it is?
 9 years ago '04        #19
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
$8,918 | Props total: 741 741
 ICEmultimedia said:
for whatever peanut butter scares me, anyone have the low down on why I keep hearing about how good it is?
Its loaded with good fat.

I typically start out my day with half a honey wheat bagle with just bit spread on there.

I typically read this forum and this is my first time posting in here.

But typically in the morning if I dont do the bagle ill do an apple for breakfast.
Throughout the day I drink about 3 liters of water when im at work.
My lunches usually consist of a Lean Cuisine meal. Every 2 weeks I go grab about 10 and those last me 2 weeks exactly. With the LC meal ill usually have a light yogurt or another apple with it.
I work from 830 to 5 and typically eat lunch at about 1130 or noon. At about 3pm ill have a sandwich *ham and turkey* plain no mayo no nothing just meat and bread. I follow the nutrional info exactly so its only 4 slices and then ill also have a yogurt or an apple.
At night my dinner consists of either ground Turkey brea$t for a turkeyburger or ill make tacos or some sort of goulash with it. If I dont do that ill cook up a couple of peices of fish and eat brown rice with. it. Kroger has this box of Brown Sticky Rice which is the absolute truth. Ill have like a 6 oz Salmon Filet or 6 oz Turkey Cutlet with one bag of this rice which a serving is about 100 calories with a gram of fat with it. One bag is = 2.5 servings.
This is what I eat everyday. My daily fat intake and calorie intake is pretty low so it does leave me some room to snack on "bad stuff" which I curb but sometimes temptation is to much.
I dont worry to much about carbs because Im trying to be as active as possible I dont have a gym membership so I do alot of running around the neighborhood and pushups and situps is my main excercise.

So yeah my recommendation is Turkey and Fish. If you are getting the ground Turkey though make sure it is the ground turkey brea$t. For every 4 oz's its 120 calories with 1.5 total fat, low carb and HIGH protein.
 09-07-2008, 01:53 AM         #20
jsda1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Try this website. It's pretty straightforward.

Basically you get lots of protein and good fats that your body doesn't absorb so much. You're talking snacks so they're exactly that. Something you can put in your hand and pop in your mouth on the go.

Dare I say nuts on this site. But yeah, try nuts as a healthy snack.

G-Luck
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy