Official World Series Thread: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Tampa Bay Rays

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
143 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #241
MATIX 
space
space
$7,986 | Props total: 66 66
 slimwillie said:
they played 7 games cause they couldn't finishem when they had them down

the Phillies played 162 games + 13 play-off games and played back to back to

Sonnanstine (sp?) had 12 days off and it didn't help him any

the FACT is the Phillies are better
back to back to back is three games not two
 9 years ago '05        #242
MATIX 
space
space
heres something i ran across while surfing the web. thought it was kinda interesting considering all the people who said rays fans suck and arnt loyal and this that and that

To find this last metric, I simply divided each year's attend/game numbers by the metropolitan area population for each city and then multiplied by 100. Obviously it's not a perfect metric, but it's kinda interesting at the same time.
not my work.
 9 years ago '05        #243
MATIX 
space
space
 slimwillie said:
the Rays haven't played 3 games in a row yet in the play-offs. tonight will be the first time and the Phillies have played 3 in row along with you so whats the point?
which i already stated. why would baseball have b-b-b games after teams have already played over 175 games. if they were trying to have entertained viewers why would they have tired players performing.
its just a thought but of course u and a couple other goons r going to try and turn it into an excuse and say all kinds of trash.
 9 years ago '05        #244
MATIX 
space
space
what? they have higher attendence compared to their metropolitan area population
 9 years ago '05        #245
MATIX 
space
space
 slimwillie said:
you know your fans suck when you didn't even sell-out every play-off game
instead of me wasting my time just to prove u wrong, find me something that said the rays didnt sell out a play off game.
just right now ur just talking out of ur a.ss cuz u have nothing else to say.
 9 years ago '04        #246
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,808 | Props total: 1965 1965
 MATIX said:
heres something i ran across while surfing the web. thought it was kinda interesting considering all the people who said rays fans suck and arnt loyal and this that and that

not my work.
so what was the point of posting that?

you do understand that because of the strike of 1994 ALL baseball teams suffered a major decline in ticket sales... right?

And you do understand that it wasn't until the late 90s/early 2000 that baseball really started becoming popular again... right?

Ok so thanks for that useful post

Sigh at TB fans posting attendance numbers to counter the fact they are getting absolutely pummeled in the WS
 9 years ago '05        #247
MATIX 
space
space
 notoriousthugzz said:
so what was the point of posting that?

you do understand that because of the strike of 1994 ALL baseball teams suffered a major decline in ticket sales... right?

And you do understand that it wasn't until the late 90s/early 2000 that baseball really started becoming popular again... right?

Ok so thanks for that useful post

Sigh at TB fans posting attendance numbers to counter the fact they are getting absolutely pummeled in the WS

well it is philly where all the fans are loyal right? cuz the numbers would beg to dffer.

doesnt make sense! if mlb tickets were in a decline it would effect the whole league and not just philly so the rays and philly tickets sales would have been relatively the same cuz they were part of the same league. dumbass
 9 years ago '05        #248
MATIX 
space
space
 slimwillie said:
gotem

I know you sold out every game in the play-offs now tell me why you didn't sell out half the games during the regular season?

funny how you have enough people to sell out when you're in the play-offs but during the season you only sold out like 40% of the games
oh so i was right?

because they werent winning. its a simple fact pal. when teams dont win people dont show. as my numbers above would show is that not only do the rays not show, the PHILLIES fans didnt show either.

but i guess none of the numbers above sink in or u have no idea what they mean. the whole second table of numbers shows wut ur trying to say
 9 years ago '05        #249
MATIX 
space
space
 slimwillie said:
but we have more sell-outs

we can't possibly have the same % because we have 10x more people in the area dumbass.

why you gettin sour? I mean take your L and shut the fu*k up :greetings10:
contradicting statements?

more people = better chance of a sellout.

but u didnt have sellouts when u were losing so didnt the rays.
how simple do i have to break this down for u
the rays have just started winning so their attendence is starting to build
the phils have been winning for a couple of years now so arnt going through the same stuff the rays are.
so u cant compare the two of right now cuz they arnt compareable.
compare of the numbers of when the phils started to win and the rays started to win.
 9 years ago '04        #250
space
space
 MATIX said:
well it is philly where all the fans are loyal right? cuz the numbers would beg to dffer.

doesnt make sense! if mlb tickets were in a decline it would effect the whole league and not just philly so the rays and philly tickets sales would have been relatively the same cuz they were part of the same league. dumbass
wow what a fu*kin moron you are..

Across the entire MLB ticket sales were down after the strike. This is a fact.

The rays came into the league in 98.. just as baseball was beginning to rise again. This would explain why for the first few years of your organization the Phillies had similar ticket sales. Obviously once baseball was back in full form the Phillies began to sell more tickets. It's not rocket science douchebag..
 9 years ago '05        #251
MATIX 
space
space
its like comparing history of baseball teams.
yankees have what like 26 ships? so u cant sit here and compare them to the d-backs who have one and only been a team for like 11 years.
 9 years ago '05        #252
MATIX 
space
space
 notoriousthugzz said:
wow what a fu*kin moron you are..

Across the entire MLB ticket sales were down after the strike. This is a fact.

The rays came into the league in 98.. just as baseball was beginning to rise again. This would explain why for the first few years of your organization the Phillies had similar ticket sales. Obviously once baseball was back in full form the Phillies began to sell more tickets. It's not rocket science douchebag..
if they were down then the rays and phillies tickets would have both been down! then they would be the same. and no im not just looking their first two years idiot.
 9 years ago '05        #253
MATIX 
space
space
 slimwillie said:
we didn't win in 04 and we drew 40,000 while TB drew 15,000
we didn't win in 05 and we drew 32,000 while TB drew 14,000
we didn't win in 06 and we drew 33,000 while TB drew 17,000

we're only drawing 2000 more this year then we did in 04 and TB is drawing 7000 more
well they have a winning record those years?
 9 years ago '04        #254
space
space
 MATIX said:
if they were down then the rays and phillies tickets would have both been down! then they would be the same. and no im not just looking their first two years idiot.
OMFG you are so stupid

How can a teams season tickets sales be down when they are an expansion

9 years ago '05        #255
MATIX 
space
space
 slimwillie said:
in 04 we were drawing 20,000 more fans a game then TB and we weren't winning sh*t
im not getting mad im getting frustrated how u people dont understand simple concepts.
yes u were winning. winning = winning record
rays werent. durrr
 9 years ago '05        #256
MATIX 
space
space
 notoriousthugzz said:
OMFG you are so stupid

How can a teams season tickets sales be down when they are an expansion

because like u said with teary eyes "the league was getting back from a strike and just starting to get popularity back"

and i said i wasnt looking at the first two years of the rays existence cuz those numbers r skewed
 9 years ago '05        #257
MATIX 
space
space
well im sick of arguing wiht u block heads. u guys r almost as worse as the new york fans.

well congratz for leading the world series and u could possibly get ur first championship (for philly) in about 30 years.

i guess it isnt right for a "small market city" to keep all the championships from all the other big market citys.
bucs - 2003
lightning - 2004
 9 years ago '05        #258
MATIX 
space
space
 slimwillie said:
a winning record don't mean you won dummy. making the play-offs means winning

in 99 TB wasn't winning and you drew 30,000

TB drew more in 99 then they did the year they went to the WS
omg.
do i really have to answer that?
last 30 posts = when stating the obvious goes too far.
 9 years ago '04        #259
space
space
im off to my boys to pregame then olde city

sh*t is gonna be wylin tonight :foodanddrink21: :celebrate11::celebrate11:

lets get it philsssss
 9 years ago '04        #260
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
i hate olde city...sh*t take forver to get a beer in any bar there & after they make u wait a half hour they have the nerve to charge $5 for a regular bottle
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
2 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy