Kurupt had the whole east coast shook.........

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
166 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
47 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #121
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
 JFamis said:
Because Nielsen wants to charge people for the records. My school pays about $7,000 a month for that sh*t.
Totally off subject but your school also produced Joey Harrington , but you would think with they would want to display accomplishments
 9 years ago '04        #122
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 BlackandGifted said:
Totally off subject but your school also produced Joey Harrington , but you would think with they would want to display accomplishments
That's not why Nielsen exists. They are in business to serve marketers, advertisers and people in business who are studying what different demographics are watching, buying, etc. It's not off subject actually. I think you're really lacking brain cells. Nielsen is a business that tracks this sh*t. They charge $7,000 to $10,000 a month to businesses to access this sh*t.
 9 years ago '06        #123
space
space
 JFamis said:
That's not why Nielsen exists. They are in business to serve marketers, advertisers and people in business who are studying what different demographics are watching, buying, etc. It's not off subject actually. I think you're really lacking brain cells. Nielsen is a business that tracks this sh*t. They charge $7,000 to $10,000 a month to businesses to access this sh*t.
Clearly youre lackinh braincells I was saying my comment about Joey Harrington was off subject, by using context clues and looking at our dialouge Ray Charles could see that..

If a record company is making close to a billion dollars as you claim paying a company to keep track of sales for tax purposes alone would be a vested interest dont you think.
 9 years ago '04        #124
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 BlackandGifted said:
Clearly youre lackinh braincells I was saying my comment about Joey Harrington was off subject, by using context clues and looking at our dialouge Ray Charles could see that..

If a record company is making close to a billion dollars as you claim paying a company to keep track of sales for tax purposes alone would be a vested interest dont you think.
Right. But the record companies don't care to cut into their profits to tell you how much they're making by registering with the RIAA.
 9 years ago '07        #125
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 JFamis said:
No. Because when Suge went to jail they practically never paid to certify sh*t again after that. Suge blew all that company's money and I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't afford to.

The way it works is SoundScan tracks all the sales. The record company then has to pay a sh*t load of money to register the album every million sold to the RIAA. After a while it's no longer worth it to them to keep registering it and they just stop.
so why they stop registerin at some magic #?why even register in tha 1st place?
 9 years ago '06        #126
space
space
So the only real certification we have would be that of RIAA then right, I understand there are other sources out there but by your arguments saying this is the system companies use "to a certain point" one can infer that its a valid measuring tool, so therefore we use what we have accesible to us. Which in this case is RIAA, hence proving my point yet again.
 9 years ago '04        #127
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
so why they stop registerin at some magic #?why even register in tha 1st place?
Because the first several times you go platinum journalists will include you in articles or mention you more. Or if an artists goes diamond a lot of times it makes news. So the record company does it for publicity. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned MMLP sold 9 millions, but it's likely it's at 10 by now. but Aftermath isn't going to pay to register it because it would do nothing for them.
 9 years ago '07        #128
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 JFamis said:
Because the first several times you go platinum journalists will include you in articles or mention you more. Or if an artists goes diamond a lot of times it makes news. So the record company does it for publicity. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned MMLP sold 9 millions, but it's likely it's at 10 by now. but Aftermath isn't going to pay to register it because it would do nothing for them.
yeah but sayin thriller sold 100 mill albums is just outrageous.that would have to be mentioned somewhere.but anyways,appreciate tha fact that u can keep it civil while disagreing.cat act like thats so hard to do.
 9 years ago '04        #129
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
 BlackandGifted said:
^^^

1 valid one............ computers computin
wow you got str8 schooled by jfamis... i aint even gonna bother wasting my time replying to ur dumass

i mean, you quoted the same thing three times, get a life

Last edited by SHOWTIME; 10-21-2008 at 04:40 AM..
 10-21-2008, 06:08 AM         #130
NotSoft 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BlackandGifted said:
WIKIPEDIA HOMIE............ I know your research professors have told you about wiki bc mine sure have

He obviously didnt teach u how to not be lazy and do ya homework.......first paragraph it says Pac sold 75 million worldwide....but thats besides the point,yall really need to keep it hiphop and not talk about numbers or the street sh1t...its ya only option,u will lose the argument regardless but again my nikkas, its ya only option....When i say dominance im talkin about bein the biggest,most talented label on the planet...deathrow had 3 or 4 years...of true dominance and this was during the golden era....Badboy had 1 or 2 years of a shiny suit era, a era where deathrow vanished from the picture through death and jail time....Next year Jay-Z,Ruff Ryders,Cash Money made them irrelevant again....Puffy havin a era is like nikkas havin a championship the year jordan went to play baseball.
 10-21-2008, 07:16 AM         #131
KingOfNY369 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kurupt couldn't have Michael J. Fox and Muhammad Ali shook...let alone the East Coast with his lyrics...fu*k outta here...:scared2:
 9 years ago '04        #133
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
yeah but sayin thriller sold 100 mill albums is just outrageous.that would have to be mentioned somewhere.but anyways,appreciate tha fact that u can keep it civil while disagreing.cat act like thats so hard to do.
Look it up, man. There are tons of articles that make reference to it. I think it sold like 60 some in the states and another 40 overseas.

Thriller's tardiness on to the market did not affect sales, however. Jackson eventually shifted more than 108 million copies worldwide, including 3,750,000 in Britain alone, making it the biggest-selling record of all time.

Last edited by JFamis; 10-21-2008 at 08:21 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #134
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 NotSoft said:
He obviously didnt teach u how to not be lazy and do ya homework.......first paragraph it says Pac sold 75 million worldwide....but thats besides the point,yall really need to keep it hiphop and not talk about numbers or the street sh1t...its ya only option,u will lose the argument regardless but again my nikkas, its ya only option....When i say dominance im talkin about bein the biggest,most talented label on the planet...deathrow had 3 or 4 years...of true dominance and this was during the golden era....Badboy had 1 or 2 years of a shiny suit era, a era where deathrow vanished from the picture through death and jail time....Next year Jay-Z,Ruff Ryders,Cash Money made them irrelevant again....Puffy havin a era is like nikkas havin a championship the year jordan went to play baseball.
Veru true. No Way Out dropped in 1997 and I remember it was cool to hate Puffy by the time he dropped his next album. at Bad Boy being the most powerful.
 9 years ago '06        #135
LYTE 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$14,133 | Props total: 4736 4736
 MiseryCityTexas;12789260[B said:
]yet and still dogg pound's album dogg food went platinum before illmatic and reasonable doubt [/B]did.
most west coast albums went platinum & multi easy at them times cause the east coast ACTUALLY had mixtapes & bootleggers before the internet exist
 9 years ago '06        #136
space
space
 SHOWTIME said:
wow you got str8 schooled by jfamis... i aint even gonna bother wasting my time replying to ur dumass

i mean, you quoted the same thing three times, get a life
Motherfu*ker please he didnt prove sh*t with those outya man said he made mistakes with his calculations and outlandish #'s, check the um he said and stats again I viewed every album he said and only one check out you d*ck lickin west coast n*ggas need to get a grip i asked your punk a.ss to show proof and im still waiting all he did was make unfounded claims of #'s that I know were found to be untrue again, when you wanna come at the king come correct

and your f*g**t a.ss leaves hate thats why I respect n*ggas like notsoft they dont get all emotional like a bi*ch abd hit a hate button fu*k out of here and keep think deathrow outsold bad boy
 9 years ago '06        #137
space
space
 NotSoft said:
Do you not know wikipedia is the most unreliable source in the world bc its edited by the general public.....see once you look it up it has an edit butoon, unlik riaa You again fail miserably you still mad because I sonned you back in the day I though you got past that yo, I thought you werent hurt anymore, you wack a.ss n*ggas still wishing those glory days were true. Like you say Puff's dominance didnt matter bc you dont like him but everything he touched went gold or platinum sorry boi boi you lose yet again.
And again with this 1 or 2 years Puff produced platinum success with
Big
Himself
Mase
Black Rob
Lox
Craig Mack
Total
Faith Evans
Carl Thomas.....

dayum that was a good year or two gtfoh with that wack a.ss time line , and quit using wikipedia

Last edited by BlackandGifted; 10-21-2008 at 09:06 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #138
space
space
 JFamis said:
Veru true. No Way Out dropped in 1997 and I remember it was cool to hate Puffy by the time he dropped his next album. at Bad Boy being the most powerful.
Who had more sales or #1 albums then Bad Boy in that time span?
 9 years ago '06        #139
LYTE 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$14,133 | Props total: 4736 4736
 r.burgundy said:
what kinda stan r u?????????u dont even know pac is from ny.i could care less about obama.i dont place my hope in skinny men like u do.i know pac is your hero an it burns your soul to think of him as anything less than a god,but real talk,that n*gga ran.haitian ran his n*pple ring wearin a.ss up out our city.

guess u aint know y tha neva got to finish shootin that ny,ny video.they came to red hook an got they trailer shot up.suge aint bullet proof.thats y wolf popped that n*gga homie.they got booed off tha stage at tha source awards.an at tha time pac signed to tha row they was far from tha biggest label.
like i said on page 1

up north where we touched your man/in the customed van/we KURUPT your plans" - Jadakiss jumping into the forefront as a new artist
 9 years ago '06        #140
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 8936 8936
badboy may have been powerful in 97 but in 97, there wuzn't really a deathrow records anymore. plus badboy wuz sellin records off of the strength of big's death. b4 that, deathrow records had everything on lock. pac outsold the whole badboy combined with 1 album. deathrow wuz k!llin record sales back in the day.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
101 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
45 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy