Kurupt had the whole east coast shook.........

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
68 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #101
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 BlackandGifted said:
Originally Posted by JFamis
I think you need to check your numbers. deathrow generated more than $750M. That's more than any vanity record label has made to this day in a span of five years. From 1992 to 1997, deathrow sold more than 46.5M records in the states alone.

Dr. Dre - The Chronic 8x-lie
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle 7x-lie
Above the Rim soundtrack 2x-lie
murder was the Case 2x-lie
Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Food 2x-lie
2Pac - All Eyez on me 16x-lie
[b]Makaveli - 7 Day Theory 28x-lie
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Tha Dogg Father 8x-big a.ss lie
Gang Related 2x-lie
2Pac - Greatest Hits 9x-truth

You lied so much in one post according to riaa that it makes it hard for me to trust you man...........

for those who want to check and see
Why don't you do research into how sh*t works instead. How many sources do I gotta provide to you?
 9 years ago '06        #102
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,432 | Props total: 791 791
^^^

1 valid one............ computers computin
 9 years ago '06        #103
space
space
Again but dont you figure if he went almost triple diamond it would show up on riaa......, I mean if i went triple diamond like you said i know I'd want mine to show
 9 years ago '04        #104
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 BlackandGifted said:
Again but dont you figure if he went almost triple diamond it would show up on riaa......, I mean if i went triple diamond like you said i know I'd want mine to show
at AMG stating The Chronic sold 8 mill not being a valid source. You're in denial.
 9 years ago '06        #105
space
space
 JFamis said:
at AMG stating The Chronic sold 8 mill not being a valid source. You're in denial.
at your denial of RIAA......waits for you to apologize for lying, I think the Doggfather one is the one that hurt the viewers feelings the most, if you could just look right into your camera on your pc and apologize that would be great.
 9 years ago '04        #106
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 BlackandGifted said:
You would. but the record company don't care about you. At a certain point they stop paying to register it because the album has already received so much publicity there is no point for them to keep paying for the plaques.
 9 years ago '04        #107
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
You realize that RIAA is not an accurate source for sales? You have to pay to register plaques with them. Like dude said, Soundscan records units moved. RIAA certification is something you pay for based on your Soundscan. You can sell 200 million records and not be registered for a single plaque with the RIAA.
 9 years ago '06        #108
space
space
 JFamis said:
You would. but the record company don't care about you. At a certain point they stop paying to register it because the album has already received so much publicity there is no point for them to keep paying for the plaques.
So they stop 22 million ago huh , you seem like a pretty smart guy so please dont insult my intelligence...
 9 years ago '04        #109
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 BlackandGifted said:
at your denial of RIAA......waits for you to apologize for lying, I think the Doggfather one is the one that hurt the viewers feelings the most, if you could just look right into your camera on your pc and apologize that would be great.
According to SoundScan, over 8 million copies have been sold with 800,000 copies in the UK alone by the end of 1996. The album was re-released July 11, 2005.
 9 years ago '06        #110
space
space
 Jamaro85 said:
You realize that RIAA is not an accurate source for sales? You have to pay to register plaques with them. Like dude said, Soundscan records units moved. RIAA certification is something you pay for based on your Soundscan. You can sell 200 million records and not be registered for a single plaque with the RIAA.
You do realize that RIAA does infact measure them by certification correct, and if these album sales like the 8x doggfather were real they would show up somewhere right
 9 years ago '04        #111
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 Jamaro85 said:
Exactly. Where Nielsen SoundScan knows everything. I'm doing a project for Old Spice at school and saw this thread and started looking sh*t up. You wouldn't believe the sh*t they track.

You can find out sh*t like how many 18-35 year old watch MTV and bought a Buick in the last 10 years.
 9 years ago '06        #112
space
space
 JFamis said:
WIKIPEDIA HOMIE............ I know your research professors have told you about wiki bc mine sure have
 9 years ago '04        #113
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 BlackandGifted said:
You do realize that RIAA does infact measure them by certification correct, and if these album sales like the 8x doggfather were real they would show up somewhere right
No. Because when Suge went to jail they practically never paid to certify sh*t again after that. Suge blew all that company's money and I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't afford to.

The way it works is SoundScan tracks all the sales. The record company then has to pay a sh*t load of money to register the album every million sold to the RIAA. After a while it's no longer worth it to them to keep registering it and they just stop.
 9 years ago '04        #114
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 BlackandGifted said:
WIKIPEDIA HOMIE............ I know your research professors have told you about wiki bc mine sure have
Well, I didn't notice the Wiki but I'm not in the library no more so I don't have an official source right now.
 9 years ago '06        #115
space
space
 JFamis said:
Well, I didn't notice the Wiki but I'm not in the library no more so I don't have an official source right now.
Now I can respect that response
 9 years ago '06        #116
space
space
 JFamis said:
No. Because when Suge went to jail they practically never paid to certify sh*t again after that. Suge blew all that company's money and I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't afford to.

The way it works is SoundScan tracks all the sales. The record company then has to pay a sh*t load of money to register the album every million sold to the RIAA. After a while it's no longer worth it to them to keep registering it and they just stop.
Suge's a.ss was in debt prior and post prison......

So I agree with you there, but since the only valid source I can really see btwn us is RIAA bc of the tracking of certification I think we would have to roll with that one. Now granted you may be right about soundscan, but the #'s you said were flawed but an impressive argument nonetheless
 9 years ago '04        #117
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 BlackandGifted said:
You're right, they do measure sh*t - if you pay for it. They don't keep track of record sales and hand out plaques. Record labels pay for certifications, and dude is right in saying that some labels just stop at some point. I don't see why you wouldn't want a diamond certification if your joint does 10+ mill. I have no idea how much it costs to certify, but you pretty much pay for every additional certification: Gold, Plat, Plat 2x, Plat 3x - notice how those are all seperate certifications. The label has to pay for every single one, so if the label says fu*k it, the numbers won't show up.

I'm not trying to defend anybody's claims though. I have no idea how much these records sold; I'm just saying that you can't use the RIAA to justify how much a record did or didn't sell.
 9 years ago '06        #118
space
space
 Jamaro85 said:
You're right, they do measure sh*t - if you pay for it. They don't keep track of record sales and hand out plaques. Record labels pay for certifications, and dude is right in saying that some labels just stop at some point. I don't see why you wouldn't want a diamond certification if your joint does 10+ mill. I have no idea how much it costs to certify, but you pretty much pay for every additional certification: Gold, Plat, Plat 2x, Plat 3x - notice how those are all seperate certifications. The label has to pay for every single one, so if the label says fu*k it, the numbers won't show up.

I'm not trying to defend anybody's claims though. I have no idea how much these records sold; I'm just saying that you can't use the RIAA to justify how much a record did or didn't sell.
It would be a measuring stick though wouldnt you agree, if these albums did these astonishing numbers then why are there no records of them

Diamond come on now theres only a handfull of rappers to have diamond albums........ Cornell Haynes, Andre benjamin, Antwan Patton, Chris Wallace....
 9 years ago '06        #119
space
space
Theres more diamond but you get the jist of what Im saying
 9 years ago '04        #120
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 BlackandGifted said:

It would be a measuring stick though wouldnt you agree, if these albums did these astonishing numbers then why are there no records of them

Diamond come on now theres only a handfull of rappers to have diamond albums........ Cornell Haynes, Andre benjamin, Antwan Patton, Chris Wallace....
Because Nielsen wants to charge people for the records. My school pays about $7,000 a month for that sh*t.

*edit* I think Tha Doggfather numbers is a mistake. No way that sh*t sold more than Doggystyle.

but that AMG link I gave you for The Chronic is legit. If you never heard of AMG then look into what they do. They aren't going to make sh*t up. And that link about Makaveli selling 28 million is a court document filed by an attorney.

Last edited by JFamis; 10-21-2008 at 12:44 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
31 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
114 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chevy has once again fu-ked up the Camaro.. Is it time to discontinue ..
32 comments
18 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
53 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
185 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy