2008 BET Hip Hop Awards Discussion Thread - *Performance Videos Added*

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
177 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 9 years ago '05        #201
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 Crown Loyal said:
I peeped the 2008 BET HIP HOP Awards last night and I never was excited about a cypher ever until I saw the one with Fab, Jada, Ace Hood, and Juelz. That was nasty somethin serious right there. LOL I kept rewindin that joint. As far as the show I hate BET for all the sound bites they put into their shows. I mean come on if you are suppose to be a billion dollar enterprise why do I have to hear sound bites of people cheering when everyone is just sittin there quiet. Real cheesy and the reason why BET continues to lose ratings. As you can tell from this show Hip Hop is segregated something serious. The ladies definitely had the hottest peformance hands down from Rage, MC Lyte, Salt N Pepa, and Yo Yo (DAMN SHE THICK). LOL But still as you can see this would have been a great opportunity for Foxy and Kim to really show unity amongst women in Hip Hop and what do you know, they weren't even there. That just goes to show you that the whole platform was a FAIL. And also them showing Remy some love would have been cool being as though she is locked up right now. They donít show enough awards being won and I'm surprised they didn't show enough love to Ice Cube. Makes no sense how that man was one of the co-founders of gangsta music and he still donít get the credit for it for all of his accomplishments leading up now. Now they should have left Bow Wow off the stage and saved his performance altogether. Too hype for a weak a.ss song. WTF was Common and Pharrell doing. All I can say for that performance was HOMO. Not cool at all. Common went from activist to a gay skateboarder. Sorry just my opinion.

I think they need to relocate the awards for next year like bring it back to LA or take it somewhere else. Yeah right now ATL is getting a lot of love and its well deserved too. But its clear the South dominates that show. More than I've ever seen in previous years so that definitely needs to change. There are a lot of dope artist coming from the East, West and Midwest so I think the show needs balance to sorta even this Hip Hop sh*t out. I think T.I didn't get the love and support he deserved either. They were throwing sound bites into every one of his songs he performed. And LUDA is UNDERRATED something serious. They donít get him down there. Thatís sad as hell. Jeezy did his thing too I was pretty impress. I guess everybody was lookin at Rick Ross performance like damn dude your credibility is shot so what you spittin doesn't even matter. When keepin it real goes wrong. LOL Yeah T-Pain was definitely a funny dude too. He actually surprised me. But even his performance for that dope song was mediocre. And Wayne didn't make it any better. Im glad that happened though because all this FUN BOY singin and saggin tight jeans need to come to an end ASAP.

Overall it was okay to record and catch it. But BET definitely needs to step their format game up. Its just too repetitive and they are not putting extra effort into making Hip Hop BIG again despite the current state of wackness being broadcasted. The Hip Hop culture is dying and people sit around like they donít care. WE are the reason everybody dress the way they do. We are the reason a lot of blacks in entertainment have jobs. We are the reason everybody talks the way they do. We are the reason almost the whole damn world got game or hip to life in general. STOP FRONTIN AND SAVE HIP HOP PLEASE.
Good post mayne...
But your first mistake was thinkin that B.E.T really gives a sh*t about hip hop culture and the advancement of its community. They don't. Whoever got their cool points up with the kids 14-24 is where the buck stops. Occasionally they will "throw a dog a bone" so to speak or give a n*gga a job i.e. Jadakiss, one the best contemporary emcees, reduced to announcing the show. But for the most part with that award show in particular they show you how THEY feel about hip hop every year...by keeping the sh*t in a cypher, ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE SHOW INSTEAD OF ON THE MAIN STAGE. At least the women tore it down though. The women and the cyphers were the best parts IMO.

Last edited by Bobby's World; 10-24-2008 at 12:33 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #202
Crown Loyal 
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
 Bobby's World said:
Good post mayne...
But your first mistake was thinkin that B.E.T really gives a sh*t about hip hop culture and the advancement of its community. They don't. Whoever got their cool points up with the kids 14-24 is where the buck stops. Occasionally they will "throw a dog a bone" so to speak or give a n*gga a job i.e. Jadakiss, one the best contemporary emcees, reduced to announcing the show. But for the most part with that award show in particular they show you how THEY feel about hip hop every year...by keeping the sh*t in a cypher, ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE SHOW INSTEAD OF ON THE MAIN STAGE. At least the women tore it down though. The women and the cyphers were the best parts IMO.
TRue TRue
 10-24-2008, 01:24 PM         #203
MorrisBX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
was waitin for the merge, good lookin out SLR
 9 years ago '08        #204
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
Im just watching it right now, cuz I missed it last night. But the Nas preformance is hilarious . LMAO at Nas' swaggerless walk, and lmao at him rocking a sleeveless leather vest. Everything bout it was comedy, especially the fat backup dancer who was dancing and wobbling on the stairs.
 9 years ago '06        #205
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
space
$21,789 | Props total: 173 173
i didnt have time to hook it up and set up justin.tv

it was wayy passed 8:40
 10-24-2008, 09:10 PM         #206
MorrisBX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fixing a few videos, will post the new links here...
 9 years ago '06        #207
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
I like that Cyph with jada and Fab.Juelz Delivery is Dope he just needs to step his bars up.

Ace Hood..It aint all about Swag.

I wanna see Yo Yo yall got me hype.

Wayne is looking real Homo now with them piercings. I think he's taking this rock star thing too far.

Dam It seem like they aint show Nas no love. That was a whack song to perform. He should of did Louis Farrakan..The mood in that motherfu*ker would of changed real quick..One way or another.

I wanted to see Rakim but the video is stuck on stupid, for me.

Wayne Lyricist of the year..

GtFoH!!

I think they base those things on popularity and album sales.
 9 years ago '05        #208
Slowed & Thoed 
space
space
$463 | Props total: 148 148
whats the name of the beat playing in the cypher?
 9 years ago '05        #209
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,983 | Props total: 3263 3263
Did they seriously have Crank Dat Soulja Boy in the viewers choice category? Isn't that song like 3 years old? I think he won that sh*t last year.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago