Cowboys quickly give Williams new deal through 2013

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
115 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #1
6532 pageviews
224 comments

eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
Cowboys quickly give Williams new deal through 2013

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – After acquiring WR Roy Williams from the Lions for three NFL draft picks, the Dallas Cowboys signed him through the 2013 season, owner Jerry Jones confirmed from the owners meetings.

“This year plus an additional five,” Jones said of the contract extension for Williams, acquired for a first-, third- and sixth-round pick in 2009.

Financial terms of Williams’ contract were undisclosed. In addition, the Cowboys will receive Detroit’s seventh-round pick next year.

For Jones, it was welcome news after a brutal past week in which cornerback Adam Jones has been suspended indefinitely for his role in an off-field f!ght last week, and quarterback Tony Romo, receiver Sam Hurd, corner Terence Newman, running back Felix Jones, punter Mat McBriar and outside linebacker Anthony Spencer have suffered injuries or had surgery.

Photo Williams’ lone TD grab this year came against Atlanta in the opener.
(AP Photo/Dave Martin)

“This is good news, finally,” said Jerry Jones, whose team will also receive a fifth-round draft pick from the Titans as a result of Adam Jones’ suspension. “This gives us another threat on the other side of Terrell (Owens). That’s something that (offensive coordinator) Jason Garrett and I talked about during the offseason, getting another big-time threat on the other side to go with (Owens) and (tight end) Jason Witten.”

During his first four years with Detroit, Williams averaged 61 receptions a season. The seventh overall pick in the ‘04 draft out of Texas, Williams was second on the team this year with 17 receptions.

Jerry Jones made no secret that he has been pursuing Williams for a long time.

“We’ve been talking to the Lions for two years about Roy, who is very familiar to us being from Texas,” Jones said. “I talked to them again just before the draft and at the most recent owners meetings and we finally were able to get something done.”

As for concerns about how Williams will coexist with the emotional Owens, Jones smiled.

“I called Terrell and he was ecstatic,” Jones revealed. “He was the first person I called after I talked to Roy. As soon as Terrell heard he said, ‘Give me Roy’s number, I have to call him,’ .”
Owens is far from bitter about having another great Wideout to free him up to make plays

224 comments for "Cowboys quickly give Williams new deal through 2013"

9 years ago '07        #2
Chris Cassius 
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 19 19
“I called Terrell and he was ecstatic,” Jones revealed. “He was the first person I called after I talked to Roy. As soon as Terrell heard he said, ‘Give me Roy’s number, I have to call him,’ .”
:applause::applause:
 9 years ago '05        #3
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,163 | Props total: 957 957
yes sir, far from bitter, lets get it haters, where u at State..come at me lol..my n*gga..
 9 years ago '06        #4
A1WITDA40 
space
space
$589 | Props total: 0 0
woorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd
 10-14-2008, 05:54 PM         #5
JaboTen4 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We'll see how long this lasts.

Well actually, with brad johnson at QB for a month, this should work well.
 9 years ago '04        #6
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
It's a long season, we'll see how everything turns out. I'm a fan of Roy Williams so no hate there.
 9 years ago '06        #7
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
this sh*t is gonna be fun to watch. u cant cover all 3 of em AND the run game...it's literally impossible. they probably already had the best offensive weapons in the league and now it's just silly. their secondary tho is so beaten up, they're gonna have to just outscore teams and theres no reason they cant.
 9 years ago '04        #8
cali22buck 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 42 42
Of course T.O.'s gonna say that. The proof will be on the field after a few weeks. But I hope they do good.
 9 years ago '06        #9
jj01 
space
space
$44,942 | Props total: 4628 4628
good sh*t i didnt even know the trade went down, i was at the bar earlier and all they were talkin about was the pacman suspension smh i guess sh*t got better real quick
 9 years ago '06        #10
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
 cali22buck said:
Of course T.O.'s gonna say that. The proof will be on the field after a few weeks. But I hope they do good.
no its more like 'of course TO haters gonna say that'...they've said from day ONE that TO would blow up the cowboys...well we're almost 3 years in and still waiting. whats funny is espn and haters are STILL tryna prepare ppl for Hurricane TO in dallas . keep hoping if it gets u sleep at night
 9 years ago '06        #11
eLLz 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 slimwillie said:
at these n*ggas drinking Jerry Jones kool-aid.

do you actually think Jerry would say anything else?

come on n*ggas smarten up Jerry Jones would never say T.O. is pissed that we made this move.

I'm not saying TO's unhappy but Jerry would never say it publicly if he was.

UNLESS ROY WILLIAMS CAN PLAY O-Line and D-BAck while helping Romo not turn it over I don't see how Dallas thought they needed a WR

Jerry Jones is good for flashy moves with no substance
Joey Galloway
PacMan Jones
Tank Johnson
Terri Glenn
Glenn was a good signing

Pacman, low risk move... fu*k em

Tank, low risk move.. not the best, Tank has been aight tho no problems

Joey Galloway.... :thumbsdow
 9 years ago '06        #12
eLLz 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 slimwillie said:
how about a horrible O-line (who I thought was gonna be a great O-Line)

Romo got hit 19 times in that game against Arizona
OLine is playing bad, I dont know about horrible... Cards front line is no joke, n*ggas sleep on them but they have been dominant in the trenches all yr

Yall lead the NFL in sacks yet didnt sack Romo once... we need to get our OLine play to early season form
 9 years ago '06        #13
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
 U.B.HiRM said:
of course he is gonna be ecstatic what you expect him to be sad as fu*k? some people are stupid as fu*k
just as stupid as ppl a.ssuming he's pissed when there's been no information even hinting at such?? ding ding ding

edit: i reread ur post and dont really know wtf ur saying lol.

Last edited by SHootar; 10-14-2008 at 06:08 PM..
 10-14-2008, 06:10 PM         #14
StateZFinest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DymeKatcha said:
yes sir, far from bitter, lets get it haters, where u at State..come at me lol..my n*gga..
lmao.

what would i say?

roy is a great player

only negative would be i think ya'll gave up a bit much for him, but if you guys win the superbowl within the next few years, it'll be all worth it
 9 years ago '04        #15
AnthonyCruz 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,828 | Props total: 2 2
@ Eagles for not making any moves.

Oh yeah, cutting Tony Hunt

10-14-2008, 06:14 PM         #16
Rareness6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 U.B.HiRM said:
of course he is gonna be ecstatic what you expect him to be sad as fu*k? some people are stupid as fu*k
Let me direct u to this thread , CLEARLY ppl are still waitin for him to mess up this team. It's kinda pathetic actually, but let T.O. keep them waitin.

SHootar said:
no its more like 'of course TO haters gonna say that'...they've said from day ONE that TO would blow up the cowboys...well we're almost 3 years in and still waiting. whats funny is espn and haters are STILL tryna prepare ppl for Hurricane TO in dallas . keep hoping if it gets u sleep at night

Thank u :lachen001:
 10-14-2008, 06:22 PM         #17
Rareness6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 U.B.HiRM said:
if u think T.O. is gonna take a backseat to roy williams, marion barber, or any other cowgirl player..u must not have watched football for the past 7 years...this is the same story that happens with terrell owens and it started about 2 weeks ago when he came out and complained about his touches..this is the beginning of the

[pic - click to view]

:lachen001:, yadda yadda yadda. Ya'll keep sayin that. And he has yet to cause the amount of ruckus that ppl are expecting. But we'll see what happens.
 9 years ago '06        #18
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
lol @ someone saying TO not satisfied with being 3rd option...gtfoh. if u dont know that TO is the centrepiece of that offense whether he catches 2 balls one night or 12...ur a fu*king moron and need help. lol 3rd option, why are u even watching football.
 9 years ago '04        #19
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,033 | Props total: 6095 6095
now all they need is a Qb to throw to them...well at least they have Brad Johnson for a few weeks
 9 years ago '06        #20
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
 slimwillie said:
and TO d*ckriders said TO would help Dallas win. well 3 years in and still waiting. n*ggas 36 his window is almost closed and this move is proof
he has helped dallas win lol....did u follow them b4 he got there? u whoey f*g**t

lol and window closing he had nearly 1400 yrds last year with 15 tds...and is leading the league in receiving TDs this year...when are u going to realize the nfl doesn't cater to ethopians, i hear there's a marathon going down in boston tho, holler
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
54 comments
1 day ago