Roy Williams traded to the Cowboys for a 1st, 3rd, and 6th Round draft picks in 2009

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #181
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,900 | Props total: 1699 1699
call jerry jones mister fantastic, tell em to stop REACHING
 9 years ago '05        #182
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,410 | Props total: 394 394
 all3rd said:
Maybe true but me and Deion Sanders seem to be the only ones that brought this up just seems odd to me epically with the Moss for a 4th round pick trade. Also thier been many good WR that come from later rounds like Jennings, Colston, and Marshall??
Agreed Jerry got hustled... At the same time though we still have several picks. I think a few of our players would be on the chopping block. The big tuna would scoop for the Dallas Dolphins lol. Barbie Carp should be one of them.
 9 years ago '07        #183
Barnone254 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,670 | Props total: 1165 1165
 GTJ1982 said:
For all the people saying dallas gave away their whole draft--They still have 9 draft picks next season and they already signed roy to an extension.

Don't hate because our owner actually cares about winning.
Thank you! Someone with some sense and not just talking out the side of their necks with that bi*ch a.ss hate. I mean we haven't won a playoff game in a decade, yet all the focus and talk is on the Boys. Yall n*ggas watch too much ESPN cuz the media got yall jockin awfully hard.....
 10-15-2008, 10:32 AM         #184
GTJ1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Also the problem on defense isn't the players its the weak azz schemes and blitzes we be running. I can tell where the blitz is coming from a mile away.
 10-15-2008, 05:15 PM         #185
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yes Jerry Jones needs to save face, its not like hes running the most profitable organization in the league or anything.
 10-15-2008, 05:20 PM         #186
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea i think he really wanted the pacman junk to be done with, plus he wanted people to quit talkin about all the injuries
 9 years ago '04        #187
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,953 | Props total: 706 706
Yea they're just trying to throw us off... and give us a false sense of relief/security...

We still have problems with our offense (Romo being inconsistent/mistake Prone... Will Brad work out? Is T.O. happy or suicidal? lol)

And not to mention our defense is weak, because our corners can't cover for sh*t... Add Felix Jones injury and Pacmans suspension, and we're just floating in uncertainty right now...
 9 years ago '06        #188
A1WITDA40 
space
space
$589 | Props total: 0 0
:
 U.B.HiRM said:
IMO strictly....The Roy E.(?) Williams Signing was strictly to save face

no offense to Roy..i have watched plenty of lions games and been to their training camps and seen him in person and on tv and he is a helluva player..but did the Cowboys really need him? dallas fans need to ask themselves that...I know it automatically improves the offense but come on... Why Roy..I really think Jerry Jones just did it to save his a.ss from fans, critics, investors, whoever the fu*k else..my 2 nickels
:applause: I agree

just last week

JERRY JONES: COWBOYS WON’T TRADE FOR A RECEIVER

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 6, 2008, 1:31 p.m. EDT

The Dallas Cowboys already have one Roy Williams on the roster, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says they won’t be adding another.

Jones tells Peter King of Sports Illustrated that the Cowboys won’t be swinging a deal with the Lions to add wide receiver Roy Williams — and they won’t be swinging a deal with any other team to add any other receiver, either.

“We have no plans to trade for a receiver before the trading deadline,” Jones said on Sunday afternoon.

When King asked again, directly, whether there would be a trade for a receiver, Jones again said there would not be.

“No,” Jones said. “No trade for a receiver.”

Williams, who holds the distinction of being a Matt Millen draft pick who didn’t bust, is reportedly on the block, if there’s a team willing to pay the Lions a high price for his services. Jones, however, says the Cowboys won’t be that team.
 10-15-2008, 05:27 PM         #189
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When healthy our DBs are not that bad, the problem is the scheme the cowboys run. So often they leave the corners on an island and wonder why they get beat. Even teams with shutdown corners have help over the top every now and then
 9 years ago '07        #190
Chris Cassius 
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 19 19
but did the Cowboys really need him? dallas fans need to ask themselves that...I know it automatically improves the offense but come on... Why Roy..I really think Jerry Jones just did it to save his a.ss from fans, critics, investors, whoever the fu*k else..my 2 nickels
IMO the Cowboys have needed another receiver since the offseason. I was surprised when we didnt draft a receiver or go after one through free agency. W/ Terry Glenn, defensive coordinators had to respect his speed; Crayton nor Miles Austin have that, they've made plays but that's b/c of the D keying off on TO. It didnt HAVE to be Roy Williams, but I'd much rather it be him than Ocho Cinco for instance b/c 85 is 4 years older than Williams.

And if this was a move to save face it failed miserably, Jerry Jones/Cowboys bashers kicked it into overdrive when this went down
 10-15-2008, 06:30 PM         #191
williams31 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 U.B.HiRM said:
IMO strictly....The Roy E.(?) Williams Signing was strictly to save face

no offense to Roy..i have watched plenty of lions games and been to their training camps and seen him in person and on tv and he is a helluva player..but did the Cowboys really need him? dallas fans need to ask themselves that...I know it automatically improves the offense but come on... Why Roy..I really think Jerry Jones just did it to save his a.ss from fans, critics, investors, whoever the fu*k else..my 2 nickels
the Cowboys have been trying to get a big name receiver since last year....we have been linked to getting Roy Williams since before the draft and even tried to get him in the draft...but we didn't want to give up Ware

they have been trying to do this for months....it doesnt have anything to do with saving face...its just a coincidence it happened at this time because the trade deadline was about to pass up and it was now or never...i love how dallas makes their team better and people still try and find ways to hate on it
 10-15-2008, 06:32 PM         #192
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think they wanted him regardless
 9 years ago '06        #193
daffysm 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 2053 2053
 GTJ1982 said:
For all the people saying dallas gave away their whole draft--They still have 9 draft picks next season and they already signed roy to an extension.

Don't hate because our owner actually cares about winning.
like Jim Rome said..... "if he really wanted to win he wouldnt have picked up Roy, unless he expects him to turn around and start working on his backpeddle"
 9 years ago '06        #194
daffysm 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 2053 2053
 GTJ1982 said:
Also the problem on defense isn't the players its the weak azz schemes and blitzes we be running. I can tell where the blitz is coming from a mile away.
OF COURSE YOU CAN....defenses arent created so its confusing to people watching television .....if there was a field view and you could see the blitz comin, then you gotta problem
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago