Yes i'm still mad everybody wear jordans for the wrong reasons

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
150 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
125 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
90 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-16-2008, 04:52 PM         #61
majormarcj  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:

i didn't own any Silver Box SBs until about a month ago.....got my first Pink boxes less than a year ago.....

but i bought my first pair of Dunks in 2003....

the only reason i didn't buy more SBs before they got huge is because i didn't know of anywhere to get them besides eBay, and i didn't have a reliable source to get my 'fake spotting' from......

SBs are a huge fad right now because the skater look is in.....

Dunks are SO much more than just the Nike SB line dude...

they've been around since what, 1985?? they were released before Jordan Is were, and the Is were designed after the Dunk, and SBs weren't introduced until 2001-2002, right?

i wouldn't really call that a fad......

yea, there are people wearing them because they're popular, but your collection of SBs doesn't say how long you've been interested in a model of shoe that has so many variations....
Dont try to school me on the history of dunks i could give a fu*k less ...and put this in perspective young lad. 5 years ago you couldnt catch a pair of dunks in a foot locker or Finishline or anywhere. Now there everywhere in loud, busy, hypebeast colors.

Hears some history for you. Nike owns Jordan brand right??? The thing is Jordan Brand has been carrying nike on its backs for 20 years now. Nobody was even thinking about collecting shoes before Jordan brand. Jordan brand created this whole exclusive, limited kick buisness we buy into now.

The earlier SB lines made it possible for nike to charge people ridiculous prices for limited dunks, premium dunks, gr dunks or any other bullsh*t color scheme dunk you can commonly find in your local stores.

Heres the same example you kinda gave me...TImbaland boots have been around forever right...during the early to mid 90's they had a boom in sales...why?? Because it was a fad and hype.

Now you got young n*ggas with 10 pairs of shoes in their closets and all of a sudden they're sneaker head, collector gurus

Jordan Brand>Air Max>Dunks:greetings10:

Oh im gettin rid of some sweet sh*t 2 holla at me...

Last edited by majormarcj; 10-16-2008 at 04:54 PM..
 10-16-2008, 07:14 PM         #62
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jordans are nasty and besides a couple pairs all of them have looked horrible
why do people buy them? Because they are Jordans and because they are EXPENSIVE.....have them go down to 50 dollars a pair and no one would buy them
i have an acquaintance that is all into them since high school, buying the new ones that come out...all that and he is 24 years old and he still buys them
it gets to a point when people have to realize that you have to grow up and leave this "fad" to the little kids in elementary or the kids in high school who want to impress
by the way, i have croc shoes that costs 250 and some that cost 450 so money aint the issue
 10-16-2008, 07:17 PM         #63
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh and same goes for Ed Hardy why do people wear it?
BECAUSE IT IS EXPENSIVE....nasty f*g**t looking Ts cost like 100 dollars
pants like 200 i mean cmon now ....
i didnt know it was so popular among black people, because mexicans are all into that sh*t too but WHY? because it is EXPENSIVE....
sh*ts lame to me personally.....i saw an Ed hardy jacket once that looked aight i was gonna get
but there is this super gay barber that cuts hair in my city and i seen him wearing Ed Hardy and that other sh*t made by the audier guy and i wasl ike
im kooooooo
hahaha
 9 years ago '05        #64
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
 majormarcj said:
Dont try to school me on the history of dunks i could give a fu*k less ...and put this in perspective young lad. 5 years ago you couldnt catch a pair of dunks in a foot locker or Finishline or anywhere. Now there everywhere in loud, busy, hypebeast colors.

Hears some history for you. Nike owns Jordan brand right??? The thing is Jordan Brand has been carrying nike on its backs for 20 years now. Nobody was even thinking about collecting shoes before Jordan brand. Jordan brand created this whole exclusive, limited kick buisness we buy into now.

The earlier SB lines made it possible for nike to charge people ridiculous prices for limited dunks, premium dunks, gr dunks or any other bullsh*t color scheme dunk you can commonly find in your local stores.

Heres the same example you kinda gave me...TImbaland boots have been around forever right...during the early to mid 90's they had a boom in sales...why?? Because it was a fad and hype.

Now you got young n*ggas with 10 pairs of shoes in their closets and all of a sudden they're sneaker head, collector gurus

Jordan Brand>Air Max>Dunks:greetings10:

Oh im gettin rid of some sweet sh*t 2 holla at me...
i bought my pair in 2003 (5 years ago) in a Footlocker (or Footaction, can't remember which)

your logic is fu*ked.....

'people are hopping on them now so everyone who wasn't buying them when they first came out is just on them for hype'

yea, there's PLENTY of dudes wearing Dunks cause they're in, especially SBs, but just because someone wasn't collecting since they came out doesn't mean they're a hype beast.....

and as far as the bright colors goes......

that's not for the hypebeasts, that's for fashion......don't know if you noticed or not, but EVERYTHING was coming in bright a.ss colors for a while......the 80s came back, Nike started doing concept shoes (which was fu*king retarded IMO) from the 80s......

the 720s (video game), Thrashin' (movie), Joe Strummer (Clash guitarist), Appetite for Destructions (Guns n Roses)

yea, they're trying to cash in, but the logic 'Nike is doing it to cash in so the shoes are wack' is no stupider than 'everyone is wearing Jays so they're wack'

Nike doesn't really jack up the price on sh*t THAT much.......these SBs don't RETAIL for $200, they RESALE for $200......you go to a skate shop in a place where there's not MAD hypebeasts, you're not going to wait in line for the shoes and you're going to get them for $75-80 and sh*t......

all Nike does is say 'oh sh*t. we sold these out in 3 hours. if we make even less of them, they'll sell out quicker and people will be in bigger demand for the next ones'............

Jordan Brand didn't create that, their parent company did.....

Last edited by daliff89; 10-16-2008 at 08:44 PM..
 9 years ago '08        #65
JBoi301 
space
space
space
$1,383 | Props total: 4 4
 fiercef!ghter28 said:
who gives a fu*k who's wearing what
that's some female sh*t
some true $hit. listen how the tread starts im still mad
 10-16-2008, 10:08 PM         #66
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ the jordan brand carrying nike
 9 years ago '07        #67
Blaze332 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 0 0
 VerballyAbusive said:
n*gga, suck a d*ck.
 10-16-2008, 11:45 PM         #68
majormarcj  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tweedle- said:
@ the jordan brand carrying nike
"In the first year alone Nike's Air Jordans grossed an astronomical $130 million"

There's no question who set the trend.. Again Jordan brand>AM's>Penny's>Posites> Dunks

Rock what you want. fu*k the hype.
 9 years ago '04        #69
Mercury 
space
space
$2,585 | Props total: 1422 1422
i worked at footlocker from 2003-2006 and we had dunks the whole time I was working there! even when they took the jordans out of footlocker for a few years, we still had dunks there. And all thru out my life, I remember people having dunks, but I don't remember dunks being considered hot...at least not where I went to school at. Dunks was like the cheaper alternative to air force 1s because at that time they were considerably cheaper. Like the "cool dressed" cat would have forces and the cats that was struggling to keep up fashion wise would get the dunks if they parents ain't wanna pay for the forces.

Not to diss dunks, I have a few pairs myself when they started stepping the color/material game up on them. This is just to the thread starter for saying Jordans are wack because everybody has them. I'm just showing that everybody going out and getting dunks now, but for awhile, at least where I grew up at, they were the b-level shoe.
 10-17-2008, 10:01 AM         #70
Jwalkin23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They're shoes. i been on niketalk for 6 years and to this day I don't see why people take them so serious.

Yeah, I got a lot of J's (peep my s/n) but they're just shoes.
 10-17-2008, 12:07 PM         #71
PershingHigh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People hate on what's popular. Everyone wants to be a trend setter, or be in their own space. It goes for music, games, clothing, their whole life style is far left.

There are those whom hate success and that's just how it is. Those people are just bitter that whatever they wear or whatever they do doesn't garner as much attention as the latest trend or fad.

Jordans, no matter how ugly they look epitomize everything Michael Jordan was on the basketball court- The GOAT. That's why many wear the shoes. You don't need to know he won 6 championships, 5 MVP's, DPOY, along with his numerous accomplishments to wear the shoes. They may just remember him playing. OR better yet, they may just like they way they feel or look. Respect that at least.

If you were trying to be fashionable with them, there's a lot of shoes that look better out there. People forget that these are still basketball shoes and they're designed with the intention to support the feet with the best technology available. Design is secondary.

Keep that in mind, if you judge J's because you're trying to mix and match an outfit, then you already lost. That's not what they're for.
 9 years ago '08        #72
housToned? 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,556 | Props total: 0 0
why all yall hatin. let a n*gga jaywalk...hatin=motivation.
 9 years ago '06        #73
unotready 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,104 | Props total: 16 16
 JoeDoe22 said:
So what are the right reasons to wear nice lightweight comfortable shoes?
did you just say lightweight? ahahah.. jordans are sh*t for playing ball in
 9 years ago '04        #74
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,762 | Props total: 6171 6171
wtf @ this blasphemy

Jordans >>> Your Life
 9 years ago '07        #75
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
even though dunks are a fad now and everyone rock em? fu*k outta here u hatin a.ss f*g**t
 9 years ago '04        #76
LightWeight 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,364 | Props total: 1897 1897
Jordans is cool,,,,,he like the batman,,,,,,,,,but i fu*kks with them Pippens and them Pennys on some 1 cent shiizzz....Dont Get Mad WHAA WHUUTT
 9 years ago '07        #77
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,728 | Props total: 1740 1740
:applause:
 VerballyAbusive said:
n*gga, suck a d*ck.
 9 years ago '04        #78
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,155 | Props total: 9566 9566
hhahahahahahahahahahaha
 9 years ago '04        #79
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,667 | Props total: 2195 2195
:lachen001: @ VerballyAbusive telling dude to suck a d*ck..thats a good username for that comment...but yo close this sh*t lol
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
21 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
71 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy