Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
182 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
64 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #1
7657 pageviews
19 comments

K1DWONDER 
space
space
$1,079 | Props total: 4 4
Any Tips On Defense For Nba 2k9

I use to be a best playing nba2k8 on xbox live now that ive bought 2k9 i be losing all the damn time any help please

19 comments for "Any Tips On Defense For Nba 2k9"

10-12-2008, 07:09 PM         #2
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Do not use the lock on d until the player is driving.
 9 years ago '04        #3
K1DWONDER  OP
space
space
$1,079 | Props total: 4 4
i use the 2-3 zone d when they driving in the paint and man to man when they trying to shoot a jumper but my problem might be is that on the slider on the coach clipboard i turn the help defense up maybe that might be my problem
 10-12-2008, 07:21 PM         #4
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 K1DWONDER said:
i use the 2-3 zone d when they driving in the paint and man to man when they trying to shoot a jumper but my problem might be is that on the slider on the coach clipboard i turn the help defense up maybe that might be my problem
Adjust the slider for defense, so it's very low when players are driving.

Help Defense is good if you do not have a shot blocker.

If you have a shot blocker like Yao or Dwight in the middle, you can afford to play tight defense, as they'll drive by you straight into them.

Do not move on defense if you're in front of your man. Being pro-active defensively is going to get you burned as the A.I. is very patient and reacts too well.

When in the post, play lock on defense and shade left or right if you think they're going to spin on you. Also shade in the direction that you believe they're going to fade or hook in, there's a 60% chance of a block or a turnover this way.

Do not play zone on every possession. The A.I. will quickly pull a jumper in the exposed areas.

Remember, DO NOT MOVE your defender if the ball handler hasn't made one himself.

Remember DO NOT play lock on defense, if you're not trying to prevent a drive. The A.I. will do a crossover or shoot in your face which has a 50% success rate.

Lock-on defense is different this year as it doesn't contest jumpshots automatically anymore. If you do not play lock on defense, you will contest jumpers automatically, but it's also better to press Y or triangle still.

Pressing Y or Triangle while playing lock on defense is going to rack up fouls on jumpshooters.

Last edited by luda06; 10-12-2008 at 07:22 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #5
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,268 | Props total: 2839 2839
 luda06 said:
Adjust the slider for defense, so it's very low when players are driving.

Help Defense is good if you do not have a shot blocker.

If you have a shot blocker like Yao or Dwight in the middle, you can afford to play tight defense, as they'll drive by you straight into them.

Do not move on defense if you're in front of your man. Being pro-active defensively is going to get you burned as the A.I. is very patient and reacts too well.

When in the post, play lock on defense and shade left or right if you think they're going to spin on you. Also shade in the direction that you believe they're going to fade or hook in, there's a 60% chance of a block or a turnover this way.

Do not play zone on every possession. The A.I. will quickly pull a jumper in the exposed areas.

Remember, DO NOT MOVE your defender if the ball handler hasn't made one himself.

Remember DO NOT play lock on defense, if you're not trying to prevent a drive. The A.I. will do a crossover or shoot in your face which has a 50% success rate.

Lock-on defense is different this year as it doesn't contest jumpshots automatically anymore. If you do not play lock on defense, you will contest jumpers automatically, but it's also better to press Y or triangle still.

Pressing Y or Triangle while playing lock on defense is going to rack up fouls on jumpshooters.
ol coach carter lookin a.ss
 10-12-2008, 08:17 PM         #6
blessed1stylez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i do lock on all the time....u can still stop em...gotta learn to move up to play tight or move back to loosen the coverage at the right time...

best way to stop people driving is to strip em with the PG...i rocked the computer by 30 just now...
 9 years ago '04        #7
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
This game is so fu*kin random... One game i could be shootin 50% and murkin it, than all of a sudden the computer goes on an insane run and my sh*t drops to 42-40% and i barely win... I thought they fu*kin canned the comback ai this year? bs
 10-13-2008, 12:43 PM         #8
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Russ369 said:
This game is so fu*kin random... One game i could be shootin 50% and murkin it, than all of a sudden the computer goes on an insane run and my sh*t drops to 42-40% and i barely win... I thought they fu*kin canned the comback ai this year? bs
Nah, the A.I. cheats if you shut em down too hard.

10-13-2008, 04:57 PM         #9
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whining over A.I. is stupid, since you the humans got sliders to fu*k the A.I. over.

So just get some sliders or make your own, where it evens things out, or if you want to always win, its up to you.
 10-13-2008, 04:59 PM         #10
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DA DOPEMAN said:
whining over A.I. is stupid, since you the humans got sliders to fu*k the A.I. over.

So just get some sliders or make your own, where it evens things out, or if you want to always win, its up to you.
I got too much pride to touch sliders. Take the win or the loss and just hope the developers take that hoe sh*t out the game.
 9 years ago '04        #11
MainEv3nt|M 21 heat pts21
space
space
$21,294 | Props total: 29 29
 luda06 said:
I got too much pride to touch sliders. Take the win or the loss and just hope the developers take that hoe sh*t out the game.
yeh i dont really touch sliders either.

its pointless u cant mess with sliders online.
 9 years ago '04        #12
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,954 | Props total: 707 707
 luda06 said:
I usually agree.. but SO much hoe sh*t shakes on this game, that I had to drop the FG Success of the AI to 45-40...

Doesn't really matter tho, they still make most of their shots in the lane because they get there so easy, throw 4-5 oops per game and make NO mistakes...

And they some a**holes too this year, they'll dribble once and pull a fu*kin 3 in your face like you're as.lut, and if you don't jump they bangin that bi*ch...
 9 years ago '04        #13
randy54 
space
space
$1,519 | Props total: 90 90
you know what i do to at leas get to the 3rd quarter. i turn my foul tenancies up and my contest shot tenancy up also so i put a hand in their face most of the time and i foul or contest the shot aggressively until they stop that wild shooting sh*t and the computer actually switches their game up and start slowing the ball down and running plays
 9 years ago '04        #14
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,954 | Props total: 707 707
2k9 online = ZERO Defense...

I played this clown today, and Lebron had 52 points... next highest scorer had like 5...

2k9 = Clownball...
 9 years ago '04        #15
B SQUEEZE 
space
space
$1,778 | Props total: 1 1
yeah i play on ball D and every time i try to steal the ball, i get pissed on.......
 9 years ago '04        #16
Artifacts 
space
space
$3,733 | Props total: 1 1
 GoldynChyld421 said:
I usually agree.. but SO much hoe sh*t shakes on this game, that I had to drop the FG Success of the AI to 45-40...

Doesn't really matter tho, they still make most of their shots in the lane because they get there so easy, throw 4-5 oops per game and make NO mistakes...

And they some a**holes too this year, they'll dribble once and pull a fu*kin 3 in your face like you're as.lut, and if you don't jump they bangin that bi*ch...

co-signs
 9 years ago '04        #17
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,268 | Props total: 2839 2839
 TDH Music said:
Man i thought it was just me...whew...I thought I had loss my skillz. BTW the nuggets suck so fuking bad.
not really Iverson is sick as hell on here.. and Jr. Smith is a beast.. put melo in the post or iso.. and u gonna score alot of points..

but yea..their defense suck...

and if you don't activate Steven Hunter you will lose.. because the team has no Center besides him

Last edited by CTre; 10-18-2008 at 11:57 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #18
Awsolot 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,873 | Props total: 1 1
 CTre said:
ol coach carter lookin a.ss

That n*gga sound like he on point tho, I'm definitely gonna try this shytt out tonite
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
40 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
215 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
144 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
85 comments
21 hours ago