Kanye West 808s & Heartbreak Album will be complete Auto Tune -What do You Think?

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-10-2008, 09:32 AM         #121
Classefied  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nah thats realtalk..

heartless is dope...

but on the other joints.. he just goes offkey too much

i cant believe a TOP producer with his people cant even edit the piecies where he sings false as fu*k... even with autotune..

kanye needs to fix that ..wtf

and oh yeah... change the deep radio sound effect(or whatever you call it) you got on robocop .. that sh*t sounds messed up
 9 years ago '05        #122
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1668 1668
That radio noise sounds alright when used seldomly, but it gets annoying when used excessively. And I think if you can't sing in tune/the right key you don't even deserve to record man, there are a crazy amount of people out there who can sing and don't get the opportunity Kanye gets.

He has a plethora of resources at his disposal, but yet on songs such as Swagger Like Us, this n*gga be false as hell, singin' out of tune. Don't even get into Jigga Man, he can't sing for nuts. At least T-Pain uses it properly..

Kanye needs to utilize the vocoder/autotune to its potential if he wants to release a product that's of high quality, cause if he doesn't, whats the point of basing a whole album on something he can't even properly use?
 11-10-2008, 10:17 AM         #123
Father Aftermath  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That love lockdown video is super weird.
 11-10-2008, 11:35 AM         #124
c_vlasak  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It make me wanna vomit how they bullsh*t musically, it sounds like a robot going through puberty
 9 years ago '05        #125
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,608 | Props total: 436 436
 Left Hook said:
...Kanye rapped on the verses and sang the hooks.

For example, Heartless is more tolerable than Love Lockdown.
I know this is subjective, and you may not care, but I hope/wish that Kanye would just do Heartless-type songs on his new album, I really can't stand Kanye tryin'a sound like a pop singer

Heartless was/is cool, that's because he used the Autotune/Vocoder properly on the hook. If he really wanted to do a whole album with that "funny voice sh*t",

EDIT:

Before you say anything;

I know that Kanye doesn't care, and that my opinion on a board is worthless, and that Kanye sells a lot and he has more money than me, and no I'm not a hater and don't hate Kanye just because I have an opinion of him.
That's funny cuz T-Pain helped him make it...Pain said it long ago he's helping Ye on the project.
 9 years ago '05        #126
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1668 1668
Well clearly this n*gga ain't spillin' enough beans to Ye cause he wanna keep some ish to himself too
 9 years ago '04        #127
shadow_boxer 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 812 812
Kanye is just pulling our leg, the whole album isn't gonna be in auto tune. Theres no way an intelligent, creative person such as Kanye would make a whole album in auto tune, especially when its being done to death rite now. So far all the songs I have heard from the album have been in auto tune. The song Anyway sounds decent and love lock down grew on me. I dunno about this one, I guess well just have to see. Rogger and Zapp could pull this off, dont mean everyone can. I mean lyrically Kanye stepped is game up and his flow has improved, he could already make amazing beats you would think he would he be pumpin out a classic....................but no this n*gga wants to sing. I mean I can't knock him for that, I just feel like he ain't giving us his real ish. Its like a going to a 5 star restaurant and they serving your nasty food, you like come on I know yall can do better. BY THE WAY I'M NOT A KANYE HATER OR BASHER

My favorite Kanye beat is the one he produced for Beanz the song "nothing like it"
 9 years ago '06        #128
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
i feel you on the whole singin part.. but i try not to pay attention to the fact that he is originally a rapper. this album is gon be somethin serious. i like the concept... prolly gon be a perfect winter joint
 9 years ago '05        #129
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,931 | Props total: 10793 10793
I pray the the whole album isn't auto tuned.
 9 years ago '04        #130
shadow_boxer 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 812 812
I guess this is gonna be one of them albums you have to be in the mood to listen to.
 9 years ago '04        #131
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
If this was any other artist people would be laughing at this sh*t. But because its Kanye its "innovative and different", and "people are being open minded enough" when they don't like it.

I want to like it but damn. The beats aren't as good as Kanye's older beats, I'm not listening to him sing because he has a voice. I guess the message will be the only thing that compels me to even give this album a chance.

I just have a feeling it will end up being hot garbage. Love Lockdown was catchy as hell to me. But it just got worse, and worse. Robocop? GTFO out with that sh*t.
 9 years ago '04        #132
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 Jamaro85 said:
If this was any other artist people would be laughing at this sh*t. But because its Kanye its "innovative and different", and "people are being open minded enough" when they don't like it.

I want to like it but damn. The beats aren't as good as Kanye's older beats, I'm not listening to him sing because he has a voice. I guess the message will be the only thing that compels me to even give this album a chance.

I just have a feeling it will end up being hot garbage. Love Lockdown was catchy as hell to me. But it just got worse, and worse. Robocop? GTFO out with that sh*t.
x2

I was really down with the live version of Love Lockdown. But when he decided to make it sound like sh*t, I hopped off that wagon real fast.
 9 years ago '06        #133
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,783 | Props total: 2277 2277
I really hope it flops so that he never does this sh*t again. Ive heard 5 tracks so far that have leaked and the beats are great but the material itself is super wack
 9 years ago '05        #134
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,608 | Props total: 436 436
Yo Mods don't be merging this one I want ppl to actually READ this. Y'all be merging sh*t with the quickness and threads/topics/ideas just get lost in the shuffle when it gets merged 9 times outta 10.

Anyways, so there's this guy on KanyeLive that ppl are thinking is Kanye and he just dropped this info about 808's & Heartbreak and I wanted to see BX's view on it:

Kanye's newest album has mixed two very distinct sounds in order to create a contrast that defines what kind of mindset he was in when the album was being made.
As he has said, the 808 drums sound very much like tribal drums which is a very organic sound, along with some of the other sounds on the album (piano keys and strings) they bring a sense of real life, and feeling to the music. This I feel stands for the real feelings Kanye had behind closed doors about the loss of his fiance and his mother. This I also feel is very prevalent on Pinnochio story as he uses the sound of a live guitar to mirror the organic and emotional lyrics of the song.
The autotune and techno sounds are used in direct contrast with the organic sounds of normal instruments. This seems to display the stoic and almost robotic facade Kanye feels he has to put on when dealing with the media and much of the public. Some proof for me lies in the fact that the English (not as in from England, but English speaking) fans in the background of Pinnochio story are screaming "I love you Kanye" although all he wants is to finally pour his heart out on stage. It seems to me like almost no one in the real world understands him (pertaining to the verse "I ask you tonight, what does it feel like, to be a real boy") thus he must simply be this robot that doesn't allow anyone to know who he really is, unless you're willing to take the time and unravel the mystery that is his subconscious, and his current broken heart.
it seems to me that when he mastered the tracks, he did it to make some sound more organic and from his heart, and some to be less organic and from a cold place where there is no heart
this all in an effort to keep that contrast in the fore front of the album's feel
he also has a line during Pinnochio story that says
"there is no gucci I could buy, there is no louis vutton to put on, there is nothing they could sell, to get my heart out of this hell, and my mind out of this jail, there is no clothes that I could buy, that could turn back the time, there is no vacation spot I could fly, that could bring back a piece of real life" this to me really stands behind what I wrote because he says that there's nothing he could do to bring back his one piece of real life (his mom) just like when he sang at the grammys "last night I saw you in my dreams, now I can't wait to go to sleep, last night I saw you in my dreams, now I can't wait to go to sleep, and if this life is all a dream, then my real life starts when I go to sleep, and if all this here, this grammys, all of this is all a dream, then my real life starts when I go to sleep, my mama mama mama" he's talking about the fact that his entire life was his mom
this is shown on the album in that contrast because his lines are all in techno and autotune, but the most heartfelt song on the album is completely organic, like he embraces the one part of his being that is real, his memory of his mom
 9 years ago '08        #135
barack obama 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,730 | Props total: 100 100
*Looks at thread starters name and sig*
Get off Kanyes d*ck, merge this thread mods, same sh*t...
 9 years ago '06        #136
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
the album is still bologna
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc